The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....

In Response to The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....:
    [QUOTE]drum roll............ The packers!!! haha i know its silly and i really think point per game is a better measure but as we all have been dealing with trolls and espn talking about the pats being 32 all season long... lol ... of course now that its the packers the talking heads on espn wont say a thing about it... http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

I hear the announcers talking about the bad packer defense.  mebbe it's cuz your more in tune when it's said about the patriots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : I hear the announcers talking about the bad packer defense.  mebbe it's cuz your more in tune when it's said about the patriots?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Yes, it is mentioned, almost in passing, as they continue to push "love" onto the Packers in spite of that D.  The difference is the Pats are just about being written off because of the D while the Packers aren't!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : I hear the announcers talking about the bad packer defense.  mebbe it's cuz your more in tune when it's said about the patriots?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Last night on SNF, Rodney called out Dungy for picking the Packers as the best team in the NFL.  He said, "with THAT defense", while shaking his head and rolling his eyes.  Priceless.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : Last night on SNF, Rodney called out Dungy for picking the Packers as the best team in the NFL.  He said, "with THAT defense", while shaking his head and rolling his eyes.  Priceless.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Noticed more tension between Dungy and Harrison as the season moved on. Good stuff. Hope they are on the show next year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ponder just had an average game, it was more a case of Peterson running wild on them. Both defenses are very similar, lots of yards, average in points and lots of turnovers forced. This is what happens when the other team is in a hole and has to try and pass their way out of it. If GB or NE gets behind in the playoffs by a couple of scores they will have a tough time battling back. Both of their run defenses are not very good.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : Assuming either gets behind by that much.  Both Miami and Buffalo had nothing to play for so they threw "caution to the wind".
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Obviously, I said if

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Come on Rusty, I'm not saying they're a horrible run d but they haven't been very good. They gave up a 5 yard average (and 100 yards) to the Bills who pretty much abandoned the run in the 2nd half, gave up 100 to Bush etc etc. Whether GB's is worse or not has nothing to do with how good NE's is. They were an average, middle of the road team against the run this season. Doesn't mean they can't come out and shut down a Ray Rice or Cedric Benson. We've seen them do it before so the potential is clearly there just need to execute.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Yes, I think those 2 help the defense when healthy. But who's to say they won't get injured again in the first quarter? Injuries happen to everyone, especially this year. Would you rather have the injuries Pittsburgh is dealing with?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]Right, but if you are playing a rookie QB, you have to think "he needs Peterson today more than ever" and they couldn't do anything. And Ponder looked good! I am just saying, they are the SB champs, but the facts tell us their healthy SB D which actually misses guys like Cullen Jenkins, Popinga, Barnett, Bigby, etc, is not as good as ours! Truth is actually reality sometimes. NE's Run D is clearly vastly superior to GBs. If NE had allowed 126 yards to CHicago's 3rd string QB and two PS RBs BY HALFTIME, BB would have been lynched in downtown Foxboro the next day. Please stop.  Teams don't succeed on our D by running the ball.  Against GB, that's mainly how you take GB to the hilt. Minny did it, KC succeeded, TB RAN ALL OVER THEM and almost beat them in GB. Remember? Let's not alter history here. The arrogance is out of control. GB's D is WEAK!  Ours may not be good, but it's better than theirs! NE has allowed one lead back to over 100 yards all year (Helu). 9/10 thyey hold a lead back to under 80 yards rushing. Also, the 100+ yard game by Helu came without Spikes and experimenting with Anderson in the 3-4 OLB slot!!! Be fair and stop lying. The whole reason why we battled back against Dallas was because of our good run D!! After Dallas left here, DeMarco Murray ran amuck over the NFL! Go back and look at the games almost every lead back had against this D when we generally had our starters out there. Bush. Nope. Tolbert or Matthews. Nope. (gashed us in the passing game) Fred Jackson. Nope (gashed us in the passing game). McFadden/Bush Nope. Greene. Nope.  Tomlinson had a big run but was a non-factor. Mendenhall. Nope. Murray, etc. Nope. Jacobs. Nope. I could go on and on.  Some will say, teams pass, which is true, but in these games I just listed, what did those teams do to score points? Not much.  In the worst cases, late against Giants, @ Pitt, it wasn't even offensive due to the other circumstances tied to what happened in those games. If GB lost AJ Hawk and their starting Safety late in a game, do they get better or worse against a team lke the Giants?  Keep in mind, the Giants marched up and down the field at SF a GREAT D.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

What bugs me most about the excuse making some media morons make for GB's defense is the old, "they won the Super Bowl with that defense last year" nonsense.

Well, no, they didn't win the Super Bowl with THIS defense in 2011. Last year Collins was healthy and Cullen Jenkins was a Packer, not an Eagle. And, like Devin McCourty, who's been getting murdered on Internet boards like this all season long as "another draft bust," guys like T. Williams, who had a miraculous, out-of-nowhere season for GB last year have regressed, too.

It's simply NOT the same GB defense that won the Super Bowl last year. It isn't.

You could argue that Matthews, Raji and Woodson played at or near the same level as 2010, but the rest of the defense has not, and some of those guys ain't coming back before the playoffs start (like Jenkins, who's in Philadelphia, and Collins).

The Pats have a shot to reach Indy. Once there, just put the ball in Brady's hands because Rodgers or Brees will, no doubt, put up 35+ points on the Pats' defense--they do it against EVERY defense, so they'll certainly do it against NE.

The only team in the AFC field that scares me is Pittsburgh.

Baltimore doesn't--their defense is statistically strong but good offenses gave them trouble this season, and Flacco has regressed almost as badly as Sanchez did this year.

People focus way too much on the 2009 WC game here against the Ravens. We're talking about a totally different NE team in 2011. Totally. Also, two years ago Ray Lewis was still Ray Lewis. In 2011...not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Pats Defense can be very good or very bad depending what they are trying to do.

With any defense it is where the resources are being used. If you pass rush you will be weaker on the run. If you use your safeties to stop the run or blitze you will occasionally give up a big play (see Dallas last night)

This defense is not tight enough on coverage to try and shut down a passing game...wasted resource. They are best limiting or stopping the run and forcing the other team to pass (which other teams feel compelled to do anyway).

The coverage should be gambling / opportunistic. Give up some plays but get picks. They are quite good this way.

If you consider a pick is at least worth punt yards (40-50) and probably more then the NE defesne is not nearly the worst in the NFL (and neither is GB's)

Problem with GB's D is they are not as good against the run they only see a lot of passes due to pressure to keep up with the scoring.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I also listed NYGs or Dallas as a team on my list that would give GB trouble. I was probably mocked when I typed that too.  lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

So what? I'll admit I post just to be a sarcastic a-h0le sometimes, I'm sure everyone does occasionally. Its human nature. Are you really that sensitive about what other posters think of your opinions? For every single viewpoint there will be at least one person that disagrees, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : For every single viewpoint there will be at least one person that disagrees, right?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

NO way!, You are totally wrong with that statement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : NO way!, You are totally wrong with that statement.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]
    What??!!  I thought everyone here is always in complete agreement!!  (-;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

And these fine gentlemen are proving my point beautifully! Haha spot on fellas!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts