The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up.

You might not like the second half put in by Tom Brady. But that doesn't mean you should curl up, afraid, and start preying that everything comes back down to earth. Hoping for better and anticipating the best yet to come is different than shutting down and not leaving an open mind to the potential that is abound. You can have an opinion, and you can make guesses and claims, but as a fan of the team you say you root for, doing exactly the opposite is only damaging to the cause. Frustration is curable, understand your role in all of this.

Honestly, I have faith in this team and I expect improvement will be made. We're only getting closer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Re: The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up.

I'm excited to see more Aaron Hernandez targets with the football. I'm also excited by the idea of Alge Crumpler getting his success rate up. There have been some crucial plays on drives where things haven't work out in the passing game for him. If those mistakes are corrected, he could appear to have a much louder impact on this Patriots team. For me, as an offense they just need to make drives last longer even if they don't finish them off with a score every time. Just the success and experience alone will eventually generate itself into some sort of momentum for later on down the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

One of the worst things you could do as a fan is to go to a game with a paper bag over your head like this guy admits to.

p-mike's page 
    User Image
    Male,  Age: 48,  Minneapolis, MN
    About Me: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky; and those two guys with the bags on their heads at Ron Erhardt's last game were not me and my brother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Not if it's in good humor. tehe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

that is never humorous

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up.:
    [QUOTE]You might not like the second half put in by Tom Brady. But that doesn't mean you should curl up, afraid, and start preying that everything comes back down to earth. Hoping for better and anticipating the best yet to come is different than shutting down and not leaving an open mind to the potential that is abound. You can have an opinion, and you can make guesses and claims, but as a fan of the team you say you root for, doing exactly the opposite is only damaging to the cause. Frustration is curable, understand your role in all of this. Honestly, I have faith in this team and I expect improvement will be made. We're only getting closer.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]
    Ok you really need to make an appointment to see a shrink!   First of all nut-case, it's only a game for you to watch. If your at home praying, or crying or anything extreme along those lines, you have serious issues. Try spending some time with a girlfriend or a wife, I dont care who's but get out of the house for a while. 
    The only thing a fan does is give money to these clowns getting paid millions of dollars to watch you every week act like a buffoon and spend your money on into their pockets.
    Take 2 aspirin, go to the cemetery and wait!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The worst thing you can ever do as a fan, is give up. : Ok you really need to make an appointment to see a shrink!   First of all nut-case, it's only a game for you to watch. If your at home praying, or crying or anything extreme along those lines, you have serious issues. Try spending some time with a girlfriend or a wife, I dont care who's but get out of the house for a while.  The only thing a fan does is give money to these clowns getting paid millions of dollars to watch you every week act like a buffoon and spend your money on into their pockets. Take 2 aspirin, go to the cemetery and wait!
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously, you're a joke.

He never said that he was at home praying or crying. You're the nut-case, and you're the one in need of help.

All I ever hear from you is negativity, and anytime someone posts something that you don't agree with, you attack them and accuse them of being insane.

Please leave. You're a head-case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There's still 14 more games to get this thing straightened out. The good news is there is not another team out there that scares you. Anyone can beat anyone. The Pats will improve. Look at the young players.

Devin McCourty(23), Jermaine Cunningham(22), Brandon Spikes(23), Patrick Chung(23), Ron Brace(24), Darius Butler(24) on defense.
    Rob Gronkowski(21), Aaron Hernandez(21), Sebastian Vollmer(25), Brandon Tate(23), Julian Edelman(24), Taylor Price(22) on offense.

Most of these guys are major contributors to this team. That's why you'll see some ups and downs this season but they'll continue to improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i have been a pats fan my whole life as most of you probably have and they have always been there for me. every sunday... thats all i'll say at this time. you can call it wierd if you want, but its true. they are entertainment and something that i am passionate about... not to the point where i am entirely broken if they lose but enough to tune in every week for as long as my heart is ticking

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

well put, worst thing you can do is quit.

Every team has ups and downs, its how profesional sports work, especially football. This team has so many young guns that we are bound to improve, this year or the next. I rather have them have a downer in the beggining of the season then go perfect and get blown up later in the year. (2007 anyone? That was without a doubt the biggest shocker ever, and I'll stop there...)

The Jests game lowered all of our expectations, which in fact is a good thing. As a fan, if you are up in the clouds expecting absolute perfection, this is a shootdown. With lower expectations comes greater appreciation for each hard earned win and less dismay after each loss.

True fans see the bright side. I see young talent all over the field on this team. Young players improve, which in turn will lead to our team improving. Looking ahead, I see two 1st rounders that have the potential to be 2 great players coming in next year. Thats without mentioning our two 2nd rounders and the rest of our picks. This team can only grow and get better, as a fan, that makes me happy.

On these boards, there are too many temporary quiters. After a dominant win( Week 1 against the Bengals for example) everyone is as high about the pats as can be, me included. We get beaten, but were not blown out and looked competitive( week 2 vs Jests) and everyone and their grandmother is jumping all over this team and how we will fail to be .500

If your a true fan, you keep your head up.

True fans keep cheering for their teams, win or loss. If I was a Rams fan, I wouldn't be down in the dumps, I'd be looking at the bright side. Obviously as a Pats fan, I got more to cheer about then Rams fans but the whole point is true fans don't give up on their team or do 180's based on a single performance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

The problem is that many people on this forum are critics first and foremost. They may turn into better fans when the game starts, but many come here just to rag on their own team. 

Recently I had a custom t-shirt made with the Pats logo on the front, and:

BUTLER

on the back. He's not a very popular guy around here right now, but he's on our team. True, nerdy, die-hard fans are supposed to do stuff like this; stick with your team through the good times and the bad. I wonder how many forum members we would lose after a couple of six and ten seasons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

yeah, once Brady Retires or BB leaves, only the true Pats fans will remain. I will be a Pats fan till I go to the grave.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]You might not like the second half put in by Tom Brady. But that doesn't mean you should curl up, afraid, and start preying that everything comes back down to earth. Hoping for better and anticipating the best yet to come is different than shutting down and not leaving an open mind to the potential that is abound. You can have an opinion, and you can make guesses and claims, but as a fan of the team you say you root for, doing exactly the opposite is only damaging to the cause. Frustration is curable, understand your role in all of this. Honestly, I have faith in this team and I expect improvement will be made. We're only getting closer.

Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Honestly, is there a reason you feel the need to tell people what they can and cannot think about their fandom? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Hmmm, seems like the worst thing you can do is kidnap opposing teams' fans, ritualistically kill them, and bury them in your back yard.  I mean, it's a subject I have no interest in, but....hmmmm, where was I?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I'm speaking to the fans of the team. I feel the need, why? Because I think there are a lot of crybabies in New England sports, particular with the Patriots, and the expectation level versus the enjoyment of games has spoiled many fans, including myself in previous seasons.

Which part ticked you off, EnochRoot, the part where I said, "understand your role"? Keep perspective here, I'm targeting a specific audience. I am not telling anyone that they are or are not a fan. I'm challenging the depth of our allegiance to a team we all share and love by asking people, fans of the New England Patriots, to not do what it is they expect the team won't do themselves; that is feel sorry and concede opportunity to the idea of defeat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Yeah, I get it, we do what we do because we are separate and individual. We live beside others and die alone apparently. We have what we've got and we do what we can, whatever that's worth. I try my hand in discussion of some kind, and you feel belittled and are subsequently offended. The whole point of this thread is for us to work better together. This whole argument is the exact opposite of what I was trying to get at.

EDIT: This was directed at MatildaWanna after ranting off against me. For some reason his posts have been deleted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

great post, hope the gloom and doom crowd will understand this

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Never give up in life, period.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Aye, Never Surrender!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

I agree 100%, give up and it's just fodder for the trolls. I beleive they will get better and also have some not so good games. But for now I say go out and crush the Bill's, then dominate the Phins and take the bye week. Then look out league as we make our move and continue to improve, by December anything is possible. We have a creed in the Army and one of the sentences say's "I will never quit, I will never accept defeat, and I will not surrender as long as I have the means to resist." Go Patriots......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Yes, never surrender as a fan, you will miss those weekend getting drunk sessions and eating cheese steak subs and telling the wife to shut up and move away from the television.
    This way you at least get control over your house for 3 hours.
    Which can be a good thing!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You Know what, I quit!  F@#K IT! I just can't do this anymore after that second half. I apologize because I know you're only trying to help me through a hard time but this is just too much. What  if they lose to Buffalo too? How do you just keep on keeping on? It's just not that easy any more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Anyone "giving up" after two games and one bad half ain't a fan.