The WR and QB Bond

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The WR and QB Bond

A recent story has gotten me thinking about the WR and QB bond and how it affects on field performance. We all know Brady,Branch, and Wes are great friends and have great chemistry and I'm happy to see Edelman working with Brady. Hoping him and Price and Tate can get on the same page. I'm hoping dropped balls by Hernandez was not why Brady went to him less later on and that it was just a now healed injury that caused the drop in production.

The story I'm referring to if you haven't guessed is the Michael Irvin interview with Out Magazine where he said he would support any player who came "out". This is obviously in support of his good friend Troy Aikman. It has of course been reported(by Skip Bayless for one) that Aikman ws openly out to his teammates, and it was really the worst kept secret in the NFL. But I'm not really concerned about that,just the bond between QB and WR to have his back after so many years.And of course when Irvin got in trouble over the nose candy Aikman was up in court supporting him. They were one of the most prolific and winningest duos in history. So I'm basically just hoping that Hernandez and Brady build a similar chemistry beause I think his ceiling is tremendous. I do think it was a good sign that Brady mentioned the "two" TE's in his Top 100 interview.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: The WR and QB Bond

Discuss....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Of course chemistry is HUGE between a QB & his recievers...building trust,timing & being on the same page when running a no-huddle or playing in a loud stadium is essential for great things to happen on the field...that's why i don't want to see the patriots pick up another reciever when they have everything they need already in house 7 just need to pull it all togather.....I like branch but at this stage would only like to see him used as a 3rd/4th option so that he stays fresh & healthy & allows Brady & Tate/Price/Edelman to develop the same type bond he had/has with branch...I ALMOST wish they never brought him back but for a 4th rounder I'm ok with it....We have younger faster guys on the team that need the reps with Brady & Branch slows that down & it frustrates me....again I like branch but he had his shot, time to move on....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I agree on Branch but dont worry he's due an injury.(no I'm not wishing injury on him just saying its likely)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well I really doubt that Aikman was openly gay with his teammates considering he was married to a woman and has kids.  I don't know whether he is actually gay or not but marrying a woman is a good sign you are either straight, or deeply in the closet.  I take Irving at his word when he says his support for the cause comes from his brother who was gay and who died.

I don't know what makes great chemistry for one receiver over another but somehow it happens.  I don't think Branch has any more talent than several other guys but he is clearly Brady's go to guy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: The WR and QB Bond:
    [QUOTE]Well I really doubt that Aikman was openly gay with his teammates considering he was married to a woman and has kids.  I don't know whether he is actually gay or not but marrying a woman is a good sign you are either straight, or deeply in the closet.  I take Irving at his word when he says his support for the cause comes from his brother who was gay and who died. I don't know what makes great chemistry for one receiver over another but somehow it happens.  I don't think Branch has any more talent than several other guys but he is clearly Brady's go to guy. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    This was reported by Skip Bayless and confirmed by two former Cowboy beat writers. Aikman is gay but that is not really the question. Just an outlier to their relationship.Just using it as an example of teammate loyalty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The WR and QB Bond : This was reported by Skip Bayless and confirmed by two former Cowboy beat writers. Aikman is gay but that is not really the question. Just an outlier to their relationship.Just using it as an example of teammate loyalty.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]
    Skip Bayless is a f**ktard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The WR and QB Bond : This was reported by Skip Bayless and confirmed by two former Cowboy beat writers. Aikman is gay but that is not really the question. Just an outlier to their relationship.Just using it as an example of teammate loyalty.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take anything that Skip Bayless says as fact. See the above post...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Without being too much of an a_s, I would think most here would say QB/Receiver bond is meaningless.  The only thing that matters is where the receiver is selected in the draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Without being too much of an a_s, I would think most here would say QB/Receiver bond is meaningless.  The only thing that matters is where the receiver is selected in the draft. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Please keep the Manning Brady BS elsewhere

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

He's right, Marvin Harrison would not have the NFL record for receptions in a season, had he not threatened Peyton Manning with gun violence. That had nothing to do with a bond between two players, rather one fearing for his life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Wait, is Hernandez out?

I'm not sure what to take from the original post...