The Young Guys Impress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: The Young Guys Impress

Good Post. I agree on Thompkins. I got a first hand look and he caught my eye right away and made me look at my program.  Not that it matters much, but I will caution on saying Dobson is 6'3". He seemed to be the same size as K.T. and def. didnt seem to be 6'3. I looked back at a college scouting report of him last year and he was listed at 6 ft. I do think he is taller than 6 ft, but he is nobodys 6'3". I would say he more likely 6'1 and some change. Maybe his long arms allow him to play bigger, but once you see this guy close up, u will see he looks no bigger than Reche Caldwell and actually has similar feet to Caldwell. Thats not bad as I thought Reche was an asset here. Obviously Dobson has a higher ceiling. Boyce is intriging but may be odd man out. Im sure BB wants another vet in there(why they worked out L.Robinson) and to put Boyce on I/R for next year. I dont see them both being active every week. K.T. looks more NFL ready than Boyce and so I nominate him for I/R or pup. Didnt get a chance to look at the lineman yet

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I know it was only one practice but from what i saw on Monday Thomkins and Dobson are more polished (release at the line, route running, catching he ball) based on what i saw that night. That being said you can see why he pat's drafetd Boyce he is very quick in the open field.

The one thing I took away from watching Dobson was that he catches balls very well with his hands away from his body.

Thomkins just looks like a WR. One of those things when you looks at him he fits the description.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thompkins is 25? wow, didn't think he was that old. but, I hope the rook WR's are impressing their competition is Jenkins, Hawkins, and Aikens. If they weren't impressing against that competition we'd be in some serious trouble

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Thompkins is 25? wow, didn't think he was that old. but, I hope the rook WR's are impressing their competition is Jenkins, Hawkins, and Aikens. If they weren't impressing against that competition we'd be in some serious trouble

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

yeah, Monday night Hawkins has at  least 2 drops that i noticed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Thanks for the report....I can't wait to see these young guns play in some pre-season action. Nice to know some undrafted players are making their mark....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

nice post AP, good read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I know it was only one practice but from what i saw on Monday Thomkins and Dobson are more polished (release at the line, route running, catching he ball) based on what i saw that night. That being said you can see why he pat's drafetd Boyce he is very quick in the open field.

The one thing I took away from watching Dobson was that he catches balls very well with his hands away from his body.

Thomkins just looks like a WR. One of those things when you looks at him he fits the description.

MY 1st thought when i saw him(KT) is that he looked like #85 C.J., Has a similar body type and maybe a bit more stout but at 6'1 195, he has prototype size. He has good feet and releases from line well like old 85 and looks like he can run all routes. Now I know any excitement is premature at this point, but im just happy he looks the part, but make no mistake he still has to prove it on the field and thats the million dollar question. Lots of guys have came here and looked good in camp. The lack of veteran bodies may allow some guys to make it by default, so lets keep that in perspective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUzOJBqITc

Here is good video I found last night on K.T. Has him running routes vs man/press, off man,etc. He def. looks good. Lets hope he is a sleeper! His catches were down last year but his ypc went from 11 to 16 I believe. He can get deep. Uses his hands well to fight the jam.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They actually measure guys at the combine, 6'3" isn't a guess or an overestimation on Dobson, he measured in at 6'3" with 33" arms.   Maybe he slouches..?

Good post AP, these first hand accounts are what is fueling my optimism for this season, have a strong feeling this is the one that will put us over the top.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The SportsHub team is really propping up Dobson.  I hope he can fill some of the void.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

MY 1st thought when i saw him(KT) is that he looked like #85 C.J., Has a similar body type and maybe a bit more stout but at 6'1 195, he has prototype size. He has good feet and releases from line well like old 85 and looks like he can run all routes. Now I know any excitement is premature at this point, but im just happy he looks the part, but make no mistake he still has to prove it on the field and thats the million dollar question. Lots of guys have came here and looked good in camp. The lack of veteran bodies may allow some guys to make it by default, so lets keep that in perspective.

i know everyone is saying that there is going to be an adjustment and growing period early on for the young WR's but with gronk on the shelf they are going to need at least 1 of these recievers to contribute early in the year until gronk gets back. IMO I don't think the O can be effective with only DA being a viable target. Even if they have an effective running game they still need to have a secondary option to go with DA.

Let's hope one of these 3 is ahead of the curve and can contribute right away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I have been wondering how the DCs are going to try and game plan against a stable full of unknowns. If we come out to start the season with a bunch of rookies, wouldn't that be pretty tough to plan for? If these young guns are as talented as they appear in practice, this should be a fun year....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

this is all great to hear!!! i always like to root for new kids

i am one of the few, i think, who thought it was time for WW to go                                            Altho he was a warrior - he jsut took too many hits and the more hits the worse his hands seemed to be - wasnt his fault - w/o Gronk and Hernandez on the field the otehr team knew taht thye jsut ahd to hammer him - and they did- sort of reminded me of our old great Defense who beat up the Colt wr's

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

I have been wondering how the DCs are going to try and game plan against a stable full of unknowns. If we come out to start the season with a bunch of rookies, wouldn't that be pretty tough to plan for? If these young guns are as talented as they appear in practice, this should be a fun year....

thats the one blessing in disguise. Teams cant go with the old gameplans. No more wes, 81, gronk for a time, lloyd, woody. You have a team like in 07, noone was prepared for. Lets hope the Pats use that and change some things so they wont be so predictable as they have been in the past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

They actually measure guys at the combine, 6'3" isn't a guess or an overestimation on Dobson, he measured in at 6'3" with 33" arms.   Maybe he slouches..?

Good post AP, these first hand accounts are what is fueling my optimism for this season, have a strong feeling this is the one that will put us over the top.

Thats fine wozzy, but Im just going by what I saw in person. He didnt look much taller than KT. Do you also believe Iverson was 6 ft? or that Doug Flutie was 5'10? Or that Ty Law was 5'11' ?  Dont be naive. Ive seen a lot of players in person and trust , not everyone is as tall as they say. Could he be 6'3"? Maybe, but it didnt look like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thats fine wozzy, but Im just going by what I saw in person. He didnt look much taller than KT. Do you also believe Iverson was 6 ft? or that Doug Flutie was 5'10? Or that Ty Law was 5'11' ?  Dont be naive. Ive seen a lot of players in person and trust , not everyone is as tall as they say. Could he be 6'3"? Maybe, but it didnt look like it.

I'm a bit taller than 5'10" and when I met Flutio he was a good couple inches shorter lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm a bit taller than 5'10" and when I met Flutio he was a good couple inches shorter lol

lol. Who is Flutio??   J/k. yea I remember meeting Ty in Vincents back in the day.(he had a chic on each arm) and He was about my height or a little shorter and Im only 5'10"

Garnett is a legit 7 footer but likes to refer to himself as 6'11" because he thought 7 footers were considered goofy and un athletic. Everybody has their reasons. I mean how many times do we hear announcers say "They got Vince listed at 325, but let me tell ya...." It means nothing really.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

This is hilarious. Our miserable board trolls will now be forced to compliment many younger players BB has discovered. I can see them now gritting their teeth, forcing themselves to say anything remotely positive. lol

Typical premature ejaculation by the VI. You really are a sad case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

It may take four weeks for coordinators to catch up providing our receivers are playing well. That's a good point you make though - they say Belichick's teams aren't very good the first couple of weeks in the season due to the lack of film on teams/changes they've made over the off season...you'd never know it by our record though.

Sections
Shortcuts