Theismann: BB Greatest Def Coordinator Ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Theismann: BB Greatest Def Coordinator Ever

Yep.

I would imagine that is a sentiment felt by many, but it's interesting to hear it from a former player who went up against BB defenses in the mid 1980s.

Check out the interview at Pats.com.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Theismann: BB Greatest Def Coordinator Ever

Theismann knows better than anyone after Lawrence Taylor gruesomely broke his leg. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

He made an interesting point which I agree with and it's that BB is not afraid to experiment. He's like a mad scientist. 

If you look at others out there, they stick to what they know best and go with it, win or lose.

That's very true. It's that these teams are so consistently good in general. BB is a chameleon just like these Patriot teams are.

It's part of the genius and it's why he asks so much of his players, not only on defense, but also offense. At any time, he may completely change it up.

Absolute genius but also very, very simple conceptually.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't think this was even debatable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?  I mean, LMAO

You have been praising Rex Ryan and every other trendy Def Coordinator in here for years. 

Now you're trying to get back on the bandwagon?  

Let me tell you something:

He's the best defensive coordinator I've ever seen and it's not really close.  As Mariucci said tonight, even in the seasons when they don't win a SB, like in 2008 without Brady or in 2011 or last year when so many rookies stepped in on D....Not only is he an incredible coach and GM, he's still the best at using what he has defensively and keeping games close.

SB 46 and last year's title are prime examples of under-manned Ds staying in games because of the schemes he calls and how he knows he can use players that he has that day.

Lastly, his creativity is unparalled. Unparalleled.  He sees a skill set in a Troy Brown, an Edelman, etc and sees it working, which it does.   I could go on for days with examples of how he uses personnel to do things that are completely unorthodox.

Wilfork had an INT in practice today. Part of that is Vince, but most of that is the call from the defense so he 's in position to do that.

I could go on for days.  Days!

No one, and I mean no one, in NFL history has blazed trails like this guy as GM, coach or Def Coordinator. He's a genius across the board.

Period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?  I mean, LMAO

You have been praising Rex Ryan and every other trendy Def Coordinator in here for years. 

He's the best defensive coordinator I've ever seen and it's not really close.  As Mariucci said tonight, even in the seasons when they don't win a SB, like in 2008 without Brady or in 2011 or last year when so many rookies stepped in on D....Not only is he an incredible coach and GM, he's still the best at using what he has defensively and keeping games close.

SB 46 and last year's title are prime examples of under-manned Ds staying in games because of the schemes he calls and how he knows he can use players that he has that day.

Lastly, his creativity is unparalled. Unparalleled.  He sees a skill set in a Troy Brown, an Edelman, etc and sees it working, which it does.   I could go on for days with examples of how he uses personnel to do things that are completely unorthodox.

Wilfork had an INT in practice today. Part of that is Vince, but most of that is the call from the defense so he 's in position to do that.

No one, and I mean no one, in NFL history has blazed trails like this guy as GM, coach or Def Coordinator. He's a genius across the board.

Period.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Great GM's don't give great defensive coordinators trash to work with.

Great gm/coaches don't have bottom feeder D's for years.

The yards, lack of 3rd down stops (double the league average) the inability to get off the field in the play-offs and now rs games (double the league average).  The completed passes 0ver 20, 30, 40+ yards, and the lack of play making ability and the tendency to give up the lead late in the games (unless they are ahead by 3 scores or more, are not traits of a good D.  Putting Eli Manning and Dan Orlovsky in the HoF, is not the trait of a good D.

He may have the ability to scheme and dream and put them in the best position to win ( by using the O), but for the love of Pete... Some one teach that guy how to draft and put together something better than a bottom 5 defense.

Thank You Revis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Umm, it has never been a "bottom feeder D".   If they were, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

When you lead the NFL year after year because you're coached to create turnovers knowing the upside is a high end offense with more possessions, that in no way can be "bottom feeder". They have always been a good run D (minus last year with two UDFAs starting due to injury) and very opportunistic, leading the NFL in those pesky turnovers Brady loves to dole out in title games like candy. LOL

In fact, their D has been middle of the pack in points allowed for years now, around 20 or under 20 per game.

That cannot be bottom feeder. Middle of the pack is not "bottom feeder".  Bottom feeder is the Lions, Raiders, Bears last year, Cowboys, and whoever else you want to pick that sucks donkey spew on your Brady doll's backside.

Everyone and their mother knew this D was rebuilding off the lockout. We all saw BB add draft picks and trade back to do it.

Only utter morons who are unfortunate victims of inbreeding like yourself didn't get this while it was going on.  The best part is, Brady channeled Manning, chased stats every year only to put the D back on the field so fast within mere minutes, selfishly so.  Then, when Brady sucked and put our D in such a bad spot over and over and over and over in close games, you somehow missed that part of the game.

Remember when the Colts D was deemed bad, but really wasn't? Yeah. So do the rest of us. 

Brady made it happen to our D minus Week 5-17 after BB dealt Moss in 2010.  Is it really a coincidence the D took off and was the best by far in the NFL throughout December that year after MOss left? No!  Of course not. It's not a coincidence. It's a change of approach.  Brady was awful in early 2010 and BB dealt MOss to change it. He was awful during the start of 2011 and into midseason with the highest INT rate of his career, replete with 3 dropped INTs in the first half of an important road game vs the Jets. 

So when 2011 hit and Brady wanted to keep chasing stats because he won an MVP a year earlier, and then puked on his shoes vs the Jets the year earlier in the playoffs, it wasn't a mirage. It;s called a pattern. He thought he had it all in 2007, didn't, then got hurt in 2008, finally trying to recapture old ego glories in 2009.  Remember? The guy throws a swing pass to BJGE into a crowd of Jets as the Pats were steamrolling down the field.  Who does that stuff on 1st down so recklessly like it does not matter? Notice the 1st down thingy. LOL

He would do that in the 2011 AFC Title Game and in the SB.   He also took a Safety to start the SB!  I mean, my Christ on earth, who the hell does this and acts like it's not a factor?  Was he on heroin?   What is it?

This has nothing to do with this mysterious "bottom feeder D". Our title team Ds never had to deal with that utter garbage from the QB position. EVER. In fact, most of the time they got a 3 - 0 or 7 - 0 lead on the first drive.

I can't even name a game where the offense helped the D out and scored on an opening drive since the lockout, that is how bad Brady has been leading our offense.

Why on earth would you bash the greatest living coach in pro sports and what he masters as his craft of the team you root for?

No one can quite figure that one out. 

Did you want BB to take over for Brady at QB when he starts to crap himself in the title game? Why is BB held to such a high standard, but Brady isn't?

Care to answer that one? LOL

How dare you claim this D has been so bad at the same time Brady has been ORDINARY AT BEST overall in the postseason since 2005, going on a decade.

Good night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Nut job, liar

26th thru 31st is bottom feeder.

That's all I needed to read of your pathetic dribble and lies.

"Worst defense I've ever seen in a SB"

TroyAikman

Do you have a clew why he said that?

Because it's the truth.

Rivaled BB pathetic 91, Cleveland D, which just happened to be the statistical worst in 30+ years.

How does a great GM have two of the worst D's in Nfl history for 2 different teams?

Even the freaken Jets D got worse (not better) after he had it for 3 years,

Seems to be a pattern there.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"Worst defense I've ever seen in a SB" That's like saying he was the poorest billionaire.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

"Worst defense I've ever seen in a SB" That's like saying he was the poorest billionaire.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ha!  More like the millionaire's gold digger wife, who lays down when she gets the ball, and is also a millionaire by default.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Excuse me?  I mean, LMAO

Period.

[/QUOTE]

Bill is the best defensive mind in football. Period. Not even debatable. I've never praised anyone else as a defensive mind. Ryan looked good for a short time because he had the players on defense to do so, give Belichick that secondary and he would of done even better. Put any defensive coordinator in football with the talent Belichick has had to work with over the last five years and they'd be out of the nfl, never to be heard from again.

Belichick is so far ahead of the curve that it's ridiculous. When people are catching on to his trends, he is already on to the next thing...he's always been like that. No one works harder or puts in the time he does. He actually is considered to be a genius from people I know that have worked with him - weather that is true or not I don't know - but we all know how smart he is. He is roundly praised by everyone in the nfl for his coaching ability. I think he does a great job developing players - something Pete Carroll for some reason couldn't do here - and that's vital for the success of a franchise.

I don't think there is a person more prepared...more calm under pressure. His ability to think under stress is admirable, I remember a game against the jets his first year here...he was coaching circles around Al Groh and Groh had this look on his face of mass confusion and horror. Meanwhile Belichick just had this look of calm whenever something was going wrong. He sees a problem and he corrects it, fast. And he is able to handle enough to help everyone around him, where you see other head coaches being helped by everyone else, it's the total opposite.

This guy would do well at most anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nut job, liar

TroyAikman

Because it's the truth.

Rivaled BB pathetic 91, Cleveland D, which just happened to be the statistical worst in 30+ years.

How does a great GM have two of the worst D's in Nfl history for 2 different teams?

[/QUOTE]

I agree they were terrible, but I blame that on the GM, not the coach. And that's what is so hard to differentiate, because at least to me he is a great coach. I look at it like this...anyone else coaching that defense would of done even worse. I think Bill approached it like...ok, if I try to do this, they'll just complete passes over here and if I do this they'll just complete them over here...what can I do that will allow the most minimal damage? And he did that. As bad as it was, he got the most out of that poor unit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Troy aikman is also a moron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

Nut job, liar

TroyAikman

Because it's the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Giants d "ranked" 27th in 2011.  The difference in yards they allowed and what the pats d allowed is the equivalent of probably 200 yards, much of that coming in blowouts and garbage time.

You know it, i know it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Troy aikman is also a moron.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so Aikman doesn't know anything about football but Theismann is some kind of prophet because he praised BB. There's that old rustbag inconsistency we all know and love.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

BB is a fantastic coach but give me a break with this genius stuff you ballwasher. Football coaches are not "geniuses".

If he was a genius he'd probably have a SB ring in the last decade...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

BB IS the greatest def coordinator ever, no doubt about it. And he's on the greatest NFL coach of all time short list also, where he lands on that list should wait till he's done. Could end up number 1. 

But, as much as it pains me to say it, the leading defensive innovator in the NFL right now is Pete Carroll. BB has a chance to reclaim that mantle based on what he can do with Revis in his schemes. 

BB is the all timer. But for now, Carroll has the mantle on defensive innovation. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB IS the greatest def coordinator ever, no doubt about it. And he's on the greatest NFL coach of all time short list also, where he lands on that list should wait till he's done. Could end up number 1. 

But, as much as it pains me to say it, the leading defensive innovator in the NFL right now is Pete Carroll. BB has a chance to reclaim that mantle based on what he can do with Revis in his schemes. 

BB is the all timer. But for now, Carroll has the mantle on defensive innovation. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, just exactly what are these "innovations"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB is a fantastic coach but give me a break with this genius stuff you ballwasher. Football coaches are not "geniuses".

[/QUOTE]

Your jealousy is delicious, bustchise.  All pro players choking is not his fault.

Duh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nut job, liar

TroyAikman

Because it's the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Giants d "ranked" 27th in 2011.  The difference in yards they allowed and what the pats d allowed is the equivalent of probably 200 yards, much of that coming in blowouts and garbage time.

You know it, i know it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]is 27 better than 31?  Well yes I think it is. It's not just the yards, moron. It's the things you are doing poorly to cause those yards.  3rd down stops and receptions over 20. Not garbage time at all. Was it garbage time when orlovsky almost came back to win it.   Was it garbage time when Flacco did come back to win it  3 score leads were often not safe.  If they aren't getting off the field, they are not doing there job. Period

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've always thought Pete Carroll was a superb defensive coordinator.  I'm not certain if he's the leading defensive innovator but his defenses have always been highly competitive.  That said, and I'll admit it, I never thought he had what it takes to win a SB.  Apparently he does. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your jealousy is delicious, bustchise.  All pro players choking is not his fault.

Duh

[/QUOTE]

On so when they win he gets a great deal of credit but when they lose it's just the players fault for choking? Got it mr inconsistent.

Fyi , BB was outcoached to the moon and back in some of those playoff losses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Stop using my words and phrases, bustchise.  You will still always be seen as dumb.

Bb would have been hailed for his sb 46 gameplan on d if brady and welker did not choke.

Plain and simple.

And, watching you troll this thread is proof enough of your incredible jealousy towards out team and bb, the gm and coach that ran from the putrid jets organization, wisely so.

Enjoy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So what did we learn today folks? 

Pete Carrol is a moron who will never win a SB despite him just winning one. BB is far and away the best coach/gm/coordinator but hasnt won a ring in ten years. BB is responsible for Wilfork picking off a tipped screen pass in practice?  

Does that cover it??

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.