Theory on TT's Aberrant Performance Against Pittsburgh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Theory on TT's Aberrant Performance Against Pittsburgh

Tebow, in general, has been much better in the fourth quarter than in the first three quarters. He has responded to pressure and having to get it done. 

I think his performance against Pittsburgh, by far his best performance of his pro career, was due to feeling the pressure of Brady Quinn prepped to enter the game on third down if Tebow was failing. 

My theory is, that at this time in his career development, Tebow has to have pressure to produce. No pressure, no need to produce. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Theory on TT's Aberrant Performance Against Pittsburgh

Leaving injury aside. I think 9 in the box may have had just a little to do with his success.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

My theory is, that at this time in his career development, Tebow has to have pressure to produce. No pressure, no need to produce

or could it be that having no reason to re-produce is causing his impotence?
    just sayin...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Lebeau's game plan was horrendous. he challenged TT and TT made him pay. I don't think BB takes a page from the Pitt book on this one. In reality, same gameplan as last time we played them, better execution in stopping the run. It's actually quite simple..not saying defending TT is simple, but I thought our gameplan on D was good last time around, just poor execution in the 1st quarter.
    Our D overall will have to play a lot more disciplined. I don't think we can count on 3 turnovers. Those turnovers really swung the momentum at the right time. The game may have been closer if not for those turnovers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

God came down from on high and injured just about every Pro Bowl caliber player that the Steelers have... that simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Theory on TT's Aberrant Performance Against Pittsburgh:
    [QUOTE]Leaving injury aside. I think 9 in the box may have had just a little to do with his success.
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

I think this more then anything else.

You have Thomas and Royal who are speedy guys and can get into the backfield. On almost every deep pass they had a good 5yrds ahead the coverage. Almost every QB in the league can make deep throws for completions when the WR's have 5-10yrds of separation. Actually the only ball I would consider a great ball by Tebow was the 3rd and long where he dropped it over the shoulder of Thomas perfectly. Short of that it was arena ball, just throw it hard and let your WR's make adjustments all day. Actually most of his shorter passes where he had to put a little touch on it he threw it into the ground or missed his WR badly.

I don't see this being an issue with BB as he'll always have a S set deep to prevent the big plays all day. The question is can Tebow consistently drive it down the field 10-15 plays at a time? Tebow has yet to show he can consistently produce long sustaining drives like that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Broncos' problem is going to be pass defense. They played 3 of the top 5 rated passers this year, lost every time, and got 40+ points hung on them. They have a paltry 9 INTs all year. They managed to score 30+ points only twice.

Unless we play an absolutely abysmal game, we win this with relative ease.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]I would agree.  It seems like he's played badly when things were going good and then folds when he feels comfortbale. NE waxed them after the 1st qtr and then they lost 3 straight games, 1 to Buffalo on the road.  So, if this theory holds, he'll fold tomorrow night.  He's coming off a high, huge win, etc, probably feels great and the pressure will be on, but it won't be like last week at home with Quinn warming up, etc. But, give him credit, too. He battles, leads and has a knack for making plays.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I suspect TT will now be comfortable and will not have Brady Quinn ready to come in if he struggles. Thus.... he will struggle early, at least in the passing game. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]I would agree.  It seems like he's played badly when things were going good and then folds when he feels comfortbale. NE waxed them after the 1st qtr and then they lost 3 straight games, 1 to Buffalo on the road.  So, if this theory holds, he'll fold tomorrow night.  He's coming off a high, huge win, etc, probably feels great and the pressure will be on, but it won't be like last week at home with Quinn warming up, etc. But, give him credit, too. He battles, leads and has a knack for making plays.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I suspect TT will now be comfortable and will not have Brady Quinn ready to come in if he struggles. Thus.... he will struggle early, at least in the passing game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Denver's offense only needs to throw 10 or 15 times a game to be effective because they run so well. With so few passes completing just 2 or 3 more or less is the difference between a 60% completion and a 40%. I think it means nothing, he made a few more passes than usual, could happen again but I doubt BB buys into the Lebeau (and many other fans) hype that Tebow can't throw. You leave a good WR in single coverage and any QB will exploit the matchup. BB will not be so stupid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In a nutshell..  the Steelers put a defense on that game that was horrible and allowed Tebow time and wide open receivers down field.  Something no other team has done this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Leaving injury aside. I think 9 in the box may have had just a little to do with his success.
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

Yes. had nothing to do with Brady Quinn who is a joke of a QB.

Pissburgh went in to shut down the run, and John Fox  decided to air it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I have watched that game a couple of times, and Pittsburgh had a reasonably good chance of being up 14-zip and, for the first couple series, Tebow looked absolutely terrible.  At that score, it would have been a completely different game.

Let's agree, with all that is at stake with this game for the Patriots, playing at home; Denver's injuries; the enormous difference in the quality of quarterbacks; Denver's four days of rest; and that it will be colder than the moon at Schaeffer tonight, the Patriots should win this game going away.

Sections
Shortcuts