There is a method to BB madness.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

There is a method to BB madness.

I believe he intentionally played 3rd string talent in the Colts game in the 4th quarter just to make the game tighter.

This approach eliminates the possibility of the team being complacent for the stretch run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: There is a method to BB madness.

Well, I'm not sure of that take, but he sure got Slater some solid reps at safety.  So either he wants to be sure, or we are in bigger trouble at safety than we thought.  Good thing we have "easy" games now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am concerned as to why Slater was in after Moore played 2 weeks and looked ok.

Who will be there in January? Are they concerned with Chung and could he go to I/R?

Its all nice to get guys reps, but Slater hadnt done that in a few years....so my guess is they dont who will be playing well in a month so train everyone to play safety and go with hot hand?? I hope not..

Secondary needs consistency and no matter what the reason, the carousel isnt helping things, IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, if you are confident Edelman can get the job done (I am, that's for sure) why not take an easy game and break in some new guys?  The Troy Brown thing happened in training camp, look how much that paid off later.  So, getting Slater on the field as a DB makes sense since he has the flat out speed, but can't seem to break through as a receiver.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think they intentionally let the score get close, I think they let some guys get reps that don't normally get them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

My primary concern is that the D can play good-great situational football consistently enough to win in the playoffs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: There is a method to BB madness.:
    I don't think they intentionally let the score get close, I think they let some guys get reps that don't normally get them.
    Posted by shenanigan
    Exactly.....he played some people that don't normally get reps knowing the quality of place would be reduced and thus making it more likely of the Colts scoring....an example of this is Moore playing corner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: There is a method to BB madness.:
    My primary concern is that the D can play good-great situational football consistently enough to win in the playoffs.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

And are your concerns alleviated up til this point?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Interesting thou this goes completely against what BB has done in the past.  This is a guy that has the team go full out the full 60 mins.  The guy accused of running up the score, keeping players (Brady, Welker, etc) in games way to long when the outcome is no longer in doubt.

The announcer in the game even mentioned with the score 31 to 3 Brady was still in, and they were still running the no huddle.  BB NEVER lets up.

But you now think BB gave the Defense the full 4th quarter off?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In the second half, the Law Firm got zero carries.  Ridley took all the runs.  Why risk injuring your favorite running back when you have a rookie available on the sidelines?

Ridley averaged 3.9 yards on eight carries.  Most of the second half time was dominated by a slow, grinding Colts offense keeping the Patriots offense off of the field.  Being down four touchdowns inspires most teams to go for the bomb, but the Colts may have wanted to suck for Luck.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In BB we trust

Sections
Shortcuts