There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker

I know the saints are good but please!!!!! Kraft needs to step in and force hiring competent O/D coordinators. How can that crappy 2ndary shutdown arguably the best QB/WR trio in the league.

Is it possible to be more obvious than Welker underneath. What about those slants on critical 3rd/4th and short? If a guy whose comin off the street is jumping your route...com'on!!!

Lets get a real OC!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker

they need an OC and a DC.

Just embarrasing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Re: There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker

I would take McAllister and McKenzie over Bodden and Wilhite any day.
    They should have spread the ball around more. Hell aiken was open two times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Pass Rush = only having to cover for a short period.  LB's could have covered our wideouts with the amount of time Brady had to throw.  Vollmer needs to get back and move light to LT and cut Kazcur, he is REAL bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker:
    [QUOTE]they need an OC and a DC. Just embarrasing.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]
    That sums it up perfectly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No doubt about it!  NEW OC & DC!  I can't believe BB lets this happen week in and week out for a few years now.  You need big time OC's and DC's in this league! or atleast folks that have a CLUE! c'mon man!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

I can understand the D 2ndary getting picked apart a bit by the Colts/saints, those are legit potents offenses. The Pats though (could) have a potent offense to match.  But it kills to be handles by the Saints off the street corners and the same happened with the Colts injury riddled D 2ndary with no name rookies. A real OC should be able to take advantage of that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Still reminiscin about the 3 man hug as we were on the verge on winning Superbowl #3 against the Eagles.......  Those were the days

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Are you talking about the colts who played with only 1 regular starter and 2 rookies.  The secondary includes 2 udfa's, a 3rd rndr and 6th rndr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Our secondary is two young and inexperienced..cannot handle a big time passing offense and we just played two of them..the saints were frigging amped for this game and we were not..not alot of leadership on that defense..we need the following:

Stud pass rusher (should have drafted Clay Mathews this year)
    Another linebacker (Adalius you looked slow in space baby stick to the middle)
    A shut down corner
    A third received with some height (look at the size of meachem and colston)
    Never enough offensive lineman
    New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators
    Let BB be the head coach not the coach of everthing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: There is no excuse for a team with a decimated 2ndary and off the street corners to shutdown a team with Brady/Moss/Welker:
    [QUOTE]Are you talking about the colts who played with only 1 regular starter and 2 rookies.  The secondary includes 2 udfa's, a 3rd rndr and 6th rndr.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Yea, but they gave up 34 points.

The Saints held the Pats to half as much, and left a nice blueprint for other teams (See my "blueprint" point here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ab0b0d5bd-9c15-4786-ba9d-0a9f72773a49)

And read the CAPS print in the rebuilding paragraph.  I'm not making excuses - I'm just asking valid questions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

[QUOTE]Our secondary is two young and inexperienced..cannot handle a big time passing offense and we just played two of them..the saints were frigging amped for this game and we were not..not alot of leadership on that defense..we need the following: Stud pass rusher (should have drafted Clay Mathews this year) Another linebacker (Adalius you looked slow in space baby stick to the middle) A shut down corner A third received with some height (look at the size of meachem and colston) Never enough offensive lineman New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators Let BB be the head coach not the coach of everthing
    Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]
    Dang...LOL! thats a whole team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

[QUOTE]Are you talking about the colts who played with only 1 regular starter and 2 rookies.  The secondary includes 2 udfa's, a 3rd rndr and 6th rndr.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]
    Dont rub it in...I just gave ur team props!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Is it just me, but is the Pats offense playing too vanilla all the time? No trick plays, no imagination?

That said, the 2 new CBs the Saints picked up are 2 great CBs that were out of jobs because of how the salary cap goes in the NFL!  The Saints just benifited from it when their starters went down! So the subject to this post is kinda tainted!

No excuses for the playing of the Pats because the reality is the Saints are hte real deal & I just hope if the Pats don't go to the SB, I hope the Saints take it all & beat the snot out of the Colts!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The pass defense is bad.  I was worried about it considering how many poor passing teams have moved the ball against the Pats (Miami, NY, Baltimore), but it's worse than I thought.  I think it starts at the line.  Wilfork is the only true starter but he faces a double team on every play.  I keep hearing about how good LB's Mayo and Guyton are but I don't see them get to QB's on the blitz.  Every year the starting corners are new, the pats need to pay players on defense and keep them.

The positive is the defense is young and the secondary is athletic, I believe they only lack experience and they will get better. The D line on the other hand needs personnel, pay Wilfork, draft high, make teams leave a star DL man to man(Freeney Mathis type method).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

saints secondary shut bill bouttobunemployed obrian, evidence on mike mc breakin up qiuck out 2 moss, way 2 predictable, plus moss cant pass block n catch at same time, moss won more often than not againat revis24, specailly frst game, but brady was knockd down 21 times, need time if u wanna throw look at brees 2nite, untouched n on target, pats oline jst isnt built to pass block, they lov 2 run, get off their blocks n run down feild, screens, draws, quick outs,   everytime pats lose sum1 always wants 2 blame 81, i luv it.  hes been our offense for 3 yrs u moron!! 81 or 83..... 83 or 81, thats it maybe a lil 33 i luv faulk, but cmon take him off this team n see how weel , im not even gunna finish

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

[QUOTE]I would take McAllister and McKenzie over Bodden and Wilhite any day. They should have spread the ball around more. Hell aiken was open two times.
    Posted by nepatsfan523[/QUOTE]

Seriously!!! Does anyone know who these guys are??!! They are both great, physical corners who were recently out of the league in favor of younger guys. Mike and Chris were once feared in this league and they both play hard nosed football. Even  the rookie Mike Jenkins played well (got a PI call to go his way too). Give them credit, they manhandled Moss and Welker and hit them at every opportunity. Sound familiar...? Pretty sure we had a guy named Ty Law who helped us shut down the Colts not too long ago by playing the same way the Saints DB's played tonight. I died a little inside when the Patriots signed Springs without even bringing McCalister in for a workout. Looks like McCalister had at least one good game left in him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Is it just me, but is the Pats offense playing too vanilla all the time? No trick plays, no imagination? [/QUOTE]

It's not just you.

There's a lot of head-scratching going on about how a team with elite receivers like Randy and Welker can be so effectively shut down. The answer, as has been noted in various verbiage elsewhere on this forum, is that the Pats are predictable and easy to scheme against. They do not come at you with a lot of different looks and rarely try to diguise what they're trying to do on offense. They try to beat you with talent -- which is good enough against most of the league, but works less well against teams that actually have NFL-calibre coaches. The reason a "guy off the street" is jumping routes on Brady is because he knows where the first-down marker is, he's seen the formation on film and he knows where Randy is going. Couple that with O'Brien constantly calling deep pass plays his offensive line cannot create time for, and what you've got is what you saw.

Any team that can pressure Brady without having to resort to exotic blitz schemes (Does this sound familiar? It should.) is going to give the Pats trouble. Of course, that can be said about any team and any quarterback -- with the notable exception of Peyton Manning, who has the luxury of merely launching the ball deep and waiting for the flag.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

When the defense only has to rush three to get pressure on the qb you can have a high school secondary back there and they will be successful more often than not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

It's safe to say we need a new OC. Weis is now unemployed. Sounds like a good fit to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

BRING BACK WEIS!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

pmike = I am so glad you got that last line in.  The post would not have been complete without it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

I really think Pats need to bring Romeo and Charlie back for DC/OC spots...The offense is so predictable, Im at home and I can guess what their going to do. Hell I dont even know the OC's name. The defensive scheme is none existant.. No pressure on opposing QB's, sad deal to watch. Their not even pinching a QB... Best past rush comes from TBC... Thats real bad, not to knock him, cause he's having a good year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

No excuse is right.
    Now the coaching and play calling stink? Don't remember the Super Bowl, eh?

Screww McDaniels...Weiss's O scared people and made us smile. I was always worried with McDaniels and he blew our biggest game ever with those pathetically predictable plays...little has changed.

Sections
Shortcuts