"There Will Be Fireworks"

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

Your obsession with the Jets organization is wierd to say the least. Live and let die..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re:

Bobbysu - yes, and any GM that trades for him has to have his head examined. Sorry, he was a great player and may be great again, but trading assets for the right to blow your cap structure out of the water with a player that has been shown to be 'all about the money' is crazy - either you pay him a truck load or you are renting him for his first year after major surgery.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:

Bobbysu - yes, and any GM that trades for him has to have his head examined. Sorry, he was a great player and may be great again, but trading assets for the right to blow your cap structure out of the water with a player that has been shown to be 'all about the money' is crazy - either you pay him a truck load or you are renting him for his first year after major surgery.

Not true. Mt Hurl, Shizzles and RKrap have lectured us that cap structures don't matter and that paying starting CBs 25 million per year is a good way to try to win a SB. lmao

So, let's analyze the Jets CB work and how them promoting Revis's ego and wildly overrting him through the press for 5 years created this mess:

1. Draft Revis in 2007. Bring in Rex Ryan to help Revis. Revis emerges as elite in 2009.

2. Draft Kyle Wilson in 2010.

3. Trade a 2010 2nd rder for Cromartie in 2010.

4. Pay Cromartie 8 mil per for 4 years, contract expires after the 2013 season, which means he needs a new deal or will hit FA without a new contract.

5. By trading Revis, it will cost the Jets 12 million against the cap in 2013 which certainly hurts RKrap's premise that the Jets cap will be "30 million under by 3.12"

Here you go again.

The Jets never paid Revis $25 million per year

You conveniently left out that the Jets did go to 2 AFCCC games

Trading Revis does not cost the Jets cost the Jets anything against the cap.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re:

On the plus side, the Jets have little or no leverage on Revis. One year and he's gone, they might even have to do a sign and trade deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Your obsession with the Jets organization is wierd to say the least. Live and let die..

Me enjoying what I predicted, but actually enjoying how this has unfolded is an "obsession"?

You are aware this is the franchise that sabotaged our SB 31, stole Parcells illegally, started the witch hunt as a way to try to cheat and get ahead of the Pats, correct?

There hasn't been one more insufferable franchise in sports the last 3 years anywhere in the world than the NY Jets.

I'd say you're in the minority here, Shizzles. As usual.

The best part of them having to trade Revis due to cap hell is the fact the Daddy of the Year, Antonio Cromartie, one of your buddies, will have the Jets franchise by the balls with his impending new deal needing to get done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBlD2N_AwgI

did u predict bellichick giving 6 million to ocho cinco?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

Another thread about the NY Jets!!???

It's like being in the redsox Forum and all they talk about are the New York Yankees.

I sense a Napoleonic Complex perhaps??Well of course I do ...you're all from the boston area ...right?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

Hey King-Let me hear your best...J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!Obsess much?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

Name calling over the internet!? Has to be NE thing.We NYers find it both cowardly and infantile at the same time...must be a NE thing huh?

Are you one of those guys in the redsox Forum always starting threads about the Yanks!!??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Not true. Mt Hurl, Shizzles and RKrap have lectured us that cap structures don't matter and that paying starting CBs 25 million per year is a good way to try to win a SB. lmao

So, let's analyze the Jets CB work and how them promoting Revis's ego and wildly overrting him through the press for 5 years created this mess:

1. Draft Revis in 2007. Bring in Rex Ryan to help Revis. Revis emerges as elite in 2009.

4. Pay Cromartie 8 mil per for 4 years, contract expires after the 2013 season, which means he needs a new deal or will hit FA without a new contract.

5. By trading Revis, it will cost the Jets 12 million against the cap in 2013 which certainly hurts RKrap's premise that the Jets cap will be "30 million under by 3.12"

Here you go again.

I didn't say that. Here YOU go again, I said they were paying he and Cromartie up to 25 mil per year at one point. When Revis was pulling in 16 in 2011 or Cromartie 8 mill in 2011, yes, that 24 million up against the budget.

That's absolutely asinine to spend that much for 2 CB positions when we know that's never worked for a SB winning team in the cap era.

I don't even think NE's total secondary budget ran up to 25 million! Wake up!  It's absolutely moronic and for you to continue to troll and spin it, is a joke.

Let it go. You lost.

Revis and Cro-2012 and 2013. Both years $19m against the cap

2011-revis and cro-$13.2 against the cap

yes, i lost

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

rkarp-There is no reason to constantly,yes with you it's constant,to repost the post that you are replying to.

Just a little fun fact to know and tell.

Hey where did the obsessed Jet fan go??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

Ah ask and yee shall recieve!!

Hey King-do you wear as much Jets gear as TFB wears Brady gear?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

Here you go again.

I didn't say that. Here YOU go again, I said they were paying he and Cromartie up to 25 mil per year at one point. When Revis was pulling in 16 in 2011 or Cromartie 8 mill in 2011, yes, that 24 million up against the budget.

That's absolutely asinine to spend that much for 2 CB positions when we know that's never worked for a SB winning team in the cap era.

I don't even think NE's total secondary budget ran up to 25 million! Wake up!  It's absolutely moronic and for you to continue to troll and spin it, is a joke.

Let it go. You lost.

Revis and Cro-2012 and 2013. Both years $19m against the cap

2011-revis and cro-$13.2 against the cap

yes, i lost

Not talking about cap hit, talking about what their salaries were.  Yes, you lost. Why do you think they need to trade Revis right now? Answer that question.

They dont need to. He can play out the year and be traded next year, or they can teade Cro

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re:

Rkarp- There is no need to repost the post you are replying to.We get it. We're all on the same page ...literally and can follow along pretty well.

Thanks from everybody!