In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"I like this gem here the most.  You come out of nowhere at the same time rusty disappears with this F*ck Brady Shitstorm when ONLY the O.P. stated he was best all time, Not I and then proceed to blame BB while also blaming Brady for not developing guys!??!?!  Drink much old goozer!?    I will be the first to admit that Brady has done poorly developing new WRs but they havent brought in Squat but TEs who he made a lot of money. So is BB overated too for wasting the Brady years??  You are on a roll dont stop now. Tell us how you really feel. You surely must hate the Krafts too....lol  what a double crossing troll!"

I see that Y chromosome is shining thru for you. Too bad you can't identify lousy QB play when yoiu see it without resorting to excusing said poor play from Brady by blaming others. Fact is, and yiu can readily check it out (at least I think and HOPE you can), he's not played like a HOF'er in his last two SB. Gee! Any coincidence with him playing Baby Daddy and gettinf involved with super models?  Just wondering. But, you go check it out. I'll even toss you another bone to chew on: the Pats haven't won a SB since the BB-Crennel-Weis breakup. Was it BB or his coordinators? Hmmmm..... Just like the Cowboys coordinators breaking up (Turner and Wanstadt). In that case, NO ONE ever won anything again.

Again, as you failed to grasp the point, the Giants LIVED on their pass rush all season and in teh playoffs. The Pats couldn't handle it. Now, who's to blame on that? Think BB has anything to do with NOT game planning for that? Here's an absolutely FREE (no strings attached) history lesson: in SB 4 (Chiefs vs Vikings), Hank Stram game planned the Viking D (The Purple people Eaters, world beaters, etc) out of the ball game. No one who know defense will ever confuse that defense and the 2011 Giants defense. So, was it the players, INCLUDING Brady, or the game plan they had to follow? Think that maybe the coached had anything to do with it? After all, it was their game plan AND players they acquired.

It's not Brady's job to "develop" WR's. He's got to click with them. But, taking your point for what it is, who gets the WR's in for Brady to "develop"? Doesn't matter who they bring in, as they game plan for the players they have on roster. Again, I don't see "GM" after Brady's name, so let's look at BB and his drafting.

Are you seeing a trend here?  1) No SB wins since The breakup  2) No superior SB performace since 2005 for Brady since he got involved with his super models  3) No Bady "develpoment" of a WR since Moss left, because no good WR was drafted, traded for, or brought in as a FA  4) a failure to game plan for the Giants ultra top secret defense and pass rush that had never before been seen.

Never said BB has wasted the Brady years. Brady's done enough of that all on his own when it mattered. Brady can only play with the players BB brings in. It's still good enough to average 11-13 wins a regular season, but that's not good enough when the goal needs to be SB wins, unless you live in Jacksonville, KC, Cleveland, Detroit, or Arizona, where having a .500 season is a monumental achievement.

Moron, I love the Krafts. They saved the franchise from the morose created by the Sullivans (go get a history book on the NFL), and Kiam. He made them relevent and a team to be proud to follow. He brought respectability to the franchise, and made them the model of the NFL and other professional leagues. Bring in the right fcolks and then get the heck out of the way, letting them do their jobs. Please note the recent successes of the Cowboys, Redskins, Bills, and Raiders. Nuff said.

So, consider yourself educated. Sit back and enjoy the chocolatey Ovaltine and Oreos. remember, lights go out at 9 PM.

[/QUOTE]

agree with all except the dum bass crap bout supermodels and his family-thats simpleton nonsense logic...that has absolutely nothing to do with brady's performance on the field-u can do those things and not go hollywood and ur using it is just silly

also back off a bit on the tone-u sound like a punka**

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed the "just wondering" I included. But, BTW, it IS very coincidental that his post season "shine" has dimmed since the 2005 SB win vs Philthydelphia. I never said it was a direct contributor to this demise. Again, "just sayin'".

As for my "tone"..... let's just say when dealing with a juvenile delinquent who throws the "F" bomb around on a board, that I have little or no patience for sophmoric behavior. Sorry you sensitivities feel compelled to let me know, but not the delinquent. Interesting. Oh, just sayin'....

[/QUOTE]

Dude!

Your tone over the years has been nothing but negative.  I have never heard you praise the Pats, in any capaticy, despite the dominance they have achieved throught the past decade +.

If you are a Pats fan, you are one of those delusionals that think the Pats should win it all every year and nothing else matters.  That's just plain irrational.  All teams have faults, all teams lose and NO team ever plays to it's ability, game after game and year after year.

Perhaps it's time to swith allegiance.  AZ would be a good place to start.  At least, then, all your criticism would be warranted.

[/QUOTE]

(YAWN!)

Sorry, no bonus points due to lack of creativity.

Perhaps you should read my posts a little closer and you'll understand that I will praise them for what they do as a Super Bowl contender. I will not try to excuse away games and efforts against teams that shouldn't be on the same field with them (Cardinals, anyone?). I cannot and will not try and find praise for gakking up 4th Qtr double digit leads, stealing defeat from teh jaws of vistory (Ravens, Seahawks, anyone?). Looking for "moral victories" in those games is what fans in Cleveland, KC, Oakland, and Jacksonville do. I said it for a long time: there is absolutely nothing about this team that strikes fear into any opponent, on either sixde of the ball. And yet, even when it's widely known what another team's strengths are, the Pats never quite seem to be able to overcome them. Then, we're all back here the next day..... some excusing, some blaming. Bottom line is they eren't good enough.

Dominence in the last decade? Let's see.... We can count on the next year's schedule to contain at least 10 easy wins: 6 in division (unless you're going to try and tell us how any one of the AFC East will win a game), two more vs last place teams (one each from teh AFC and NFC conferences they will play), plus 2 vs 3rd place teams (from the same AFC and NFC conferences). For you mathmatically challenged hommies, that's 10 wins out of 16 games. Seeing that they are averaging 12 wins/season, that gives them a 2-4 record vs teams in first or second place. Do I REALLY need to tell you that this is NOT a very good record? (They win the games thet SHOULD, but find a way to lose the games against tougher opponents.) Not pure science, but go check it out. Their last SB win was 7 seasons ago. No "dynasty" has gone that long between wins. During that time we've seen them get bounced from the playoffs by teams that they should have beaten, including twice by the freaking JESTS!.  Nothing to brag about there, unless, of course, if you live in Detroit, St Louis, or San Diego.

I do not delude myself in thinking that they WILL win it all every season. It's not a rational thought, even for you pink hatters. Reality says it can't and won't happen in ANY sport. Yet, they produce these 12-14 regular season win totals, and your homers trip all over yourself gushing about how "great" they are. When us guys who know a little about the game and aren't taken in by bells, whistles, and bright/shiny objects point out flaws, like me and Tex Pat, all you pink hatters get the G Strings in a knot and tell us to "move somewhere else". (More demerits to you for a more aggregious lack of originality.)

Very sad to see you swallow the bait by claiming "NO team ever plays to it's ability" ..... Do you realize how sad this statement really is? It clearly states the biggest problem with society today: "That's OK, everyone does it (lose). You're OK. Here's your participation ribbon. No need to play up to your ability, because we all know how good and great you really are." Did I mention the Blame and Excuse The Loss Away Games? Do you go to work every day with this lack of working to your ability? What about every day life? Sad........

Ah, but here's the rub..... we see the flaws and imperfections, and point them out. You pink hatters see numbers and stats and can't focus on what's real. Then, when it doesn't go your way, it's someone or something else's fault (the Colts rolled over to let the JESTS! into the playoffs), or the refs (Excuse The Loss Game), or "he should have caught that badly overthrown ball that was also behind him" (Blame Game). Funny how those flaws you mention never seem to appear whn they lose, eh? It's magic! They only appear when the Pats actually win a game! L:ike their "young and learning" defense. Thjey finally look to gel while playing teams from Our Sisters Of The Lame and Blind, yet get taken to the woodshed by the Niners, playing oike the JESTS! did on Thanksgiving Night. Yet, all we got was excuses for the loss. They had their behinds handed to them... badly. Sad you and your ilk can't recognize it.

"Perhaps it's time to swith allegiance." ROFLMFAO!!!! TOTAL lack of any creativity, proving that you can't take or accept any criticism. May I suggest that you stick to your obsession of Anything Patriots, and stay away from exchanging such bold "ideas" with pragmatic posters? Your psyche and ego will thank you for it.

[/QUOTE]

Flaws and imperfections? Sorry that there are human beings on the Patriots. If only Brady and Belichik were as knowledgable as you all would be well and they would never lose. You should probably root for one of the perfect teams like the Colts which won 1 superbowl in the past 12 years. Or the Giants who missed the playoffs this year. Or the Packers who also lost to the Giants last year. Perhaps the Steelers who also missed the playoffs or the Ravens who somehow lost to the imperfect Pats in the AFC championship game last year. You really should root for someone else because the Pats are clearly incapable of being good enough for a serious and intelligent football fan like yourself.

[/QUOTE]

BORING!!!

Another homie who can't stand up to constructive conversation. Flaws are thinbgs like: having whole halfs where things aren't in "sync", or being consistently beat by a QB named "WHo's HE?", while making him a first ballot HOF'er. Flaws ae dropping wide open passes, or overthrowing wide open receivers. Imprefections is continually making the same mistakes.

let's try this one more time. The Pats can do these things and win at least q10 of their annual games, because they play against vastly inferior opponents. But, when they do this against the "iron" of their schedule,a dn go .500, it SHOULD raise concerns, as these are the dsame guys they'll face in the playoffs. We all know how well this has worked out since the 2005 SB win, right?  They just don't have the same mental toughness as they once had. No swagger, nothing about this team strikes fear in the opposition any more. They can and have been beat in crucial games. These are imperfections.

I don't stick my head in the ground and say all's right when this madness is going on. This sort of play WILL come back and haunt you. Points in fact: lousy defense all of last season, and they couldn't stop the Giants with 4 minutes left. Terrific offense last season, but couldn't move the ball and control the game, to keep the defense off the field.

Glad you mentioned the Ravens game. A dropped TD pass and a muffed FG..... Sorry, the Pats had nothing to do with that miracle. The Ravens blew it. The Pats let them hang around just long enough to make things interesting. Thankful for us they (Ravens) messed it up in the end. I trevale in/out of Baltimore monthly on bznz, and they STILL lament the dropped TD and the fact that @ 95 players/coaches couldn't see that a TO should have been called instead of rushing the FG unit on the field. Yes, they were THAT close of repeating the 2000 SB vs the Giants. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry that your beloved perfect Ravens lost against the Pats. Now i know why you hate the team so much. Too bad for you Sterling Moore knocked the ball out of Evans' hands. You were so close to going to the super bowl. I feel for you but oh well better luck this weekend against the Broncos. You should probably start following the Harlem Globetrotters, they never seem to lose.

[/QUOTE]

this AZ guy gives rusty a run as the most egomaniacal obnoxious know-it-all on here-and i didn't think that was possible

and he writes his rants as a Pats fan-or so he says...imagine if he wasn't? he'd probably want the whole team throw in jail

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: These are the facts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never said they had a lot more possessions, I said normal NFL games have a lot more possessions, thus more opportunity to score.

The possessions were =  There was a punt and a play.  just because they chose not to try and advance does not mean it wasn't  a possession.  It was a possession ended by time.

Time ends possessions.  Period!

The Pats D is responsible for the lack of possessions, high scoring teams tend to score with possessions.  So, yes, the D hurt the O.    If they had gotten off the field there would have been a "normal" amount of possessions and more opportunities to score. Period!

The Pats don't score 34 points with 8 possessions, they score 34 points with a normal amount of possessions.     It's just that simple.  The gints held them to 8 (and a few seconds) possessions 3 out of 3 of the last games.  The Steelers held them to 8 possessions,  The gints held the Bills to 8 possessions.  In every instance, the team with the higest scoring O, LOST!!!!!!  Not coincidence!

[/QUOTE]

Again, who gives a F what the averages are in the context of a single game.  These are junk statistics... garbage.

Points scored, points against, turnovers.

When you examine the above stats, what does logic tell you, not your predetermined bias which leads you to look for arbitrary stats that fit your preconceived notions.

They judge football games with points, not good intentions.

[/QUOTE]

It tells me the Pats D gave up more points and didn't get a turn over. 

See how easy that was!!!

It's very naive to state those are all that matter.  There's alot more to the game.

You obviously can't think beyond that any more than you can with the PERFECT woman, has to have BIG t3ts, Bigg azz and blond hair and blue eyes.  That may be YOUR preference but there's actually alot more to it than that.

People have been using stats for 100's of thosands of years.  There's a reason why people like Nate Silver have a high prediction rate.  There are flat stats like the ones you use, but there are always determinators and indicators which are really nothing more than breaking those things deeper, to include pertenant variables. 

You argue things like they only scored 17 points a game and that is accurate but totally dismiss the indicators and causes.  With a lower possession game than normal, statistically the teams will score less than normal.  You cannot leave out the decreased opporunities and not recognize it as a factor because 99.9% of the time it is..

You have to look at points as number of possessions X's points per possession because that's what they are.  You have to look at indicators like a team that normally scores 3 points per possession in a 12 possession game will only score 24 points (+- variables, turn overs, time running out, ect, ect,ect)  in an 8 possession game.

Offensive an Defensive variables must also be factored in because they are equal parts of the whole.  In order for a team to win there must be an equalibrium or one part has to make up for the others defeciencies,.  They are equal Parts.    Top should be = , ie 2.5 minutes for O and the same for D, with a slight variable.  If one part of the whole is underperforming (using 5 minutes in Top) than the other MUST over perform to = the win (providing the opponent is competitive (another variable).  When you play a lesser team, you can overcome them easier (regular season) but if you play your equal or better, you cannot.  This is the reason you need balance.  Being balanced on offense is secondary to this because it is a component of the offense, where offense and defense must be equal.

If it makes your O better, that's great!  But, if it doesn't make your O effecient enough to overcome the defeciencies of the other part of the whole, then it just doesn't matter. 

NO offense has ever won a SB where their Defense had a 90 DRP because no Offense has ever been good enough to overcome that.

DPR's and OPR's further break down those flat stats you use to make them more realistic and pertenant to the situation, because of variables.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No..................................all you do is say BB the defensive mastermind has a bad defense, because BB the GM cant acquire talent

[/QUOTE]

And how exactly has that been untrue?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think BB's own dissatisfaction with the talent on defense has been manifest by two moves he's made in the last two years. 

First, was last year's radical rehauling of the D line during preseason.  He changed both the talent (bringing in Haynesworth, Carter, and Anderson) and the scheme fairly late in the preseason. He clearly didn't think the talent was right for his 3-4 scheme, and fairly late in the preseason felt an overhaul was necessary, which ended up with him bringing in another big tackle and two faster DEs.  This probably reflected dissatisfaction with the line and also the lack of a real 3-4 OLB.  This change, however, was done so late in preseason it suggests that it wasn't planned early in the offseason but was more a reaction to what he was seeing on the field during camp and the preseason

Second, was the move this year for Talib (a pretty radical move considering when it happened)--preceded by the constant changes to the secondary, including the release (for nothing) of James Sanders and Brandon Merriweather. 

Some talk as if he's been systematically rebuilding the defense--but these moves look very reactionary to me.  Not like things that were planned well in advance, but reactions to address problems that needed to be solved immediately.  BB is great at moves like this (it's one reason he is a good "GM"), but as far as methodically building the defense through great draft picks and offseason moves during the normal free agent period in the spring, it's hard to say that's been the case.  Belichick's moves on defense have been far more reactive and almost have the character of emergency measures given that they've happened so late in preseason or during the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No..................................all you do is say BB the defensive mastermind has a bad defense, because BB the GM cant acquire talent

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see no one has jumped in to defend the talent level on last year's defensive backfield . . . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"I like this gem here the most.  You come out of nowhere at the same time rusty disappears with this F*ck Brady Shitstorm when ONLY the O.P. stated he was best all time, Not I and then proceed to blame BB while also blaming Brady for not developing guys!??!?!  Drink much old goozer!?    I will be the first to admit that Brady has done poorly developing new WRs but they havent brought in Squat but TEs who he made a lot of money. So is BB overated too for wasting the Brady years??  You are on a roll dont stop now. Tell us how you really feel. You surely must hate the Krafts too....lol  what a double crossing troll!"

I see that Y chromosome is shining thru for you. Too bad you can't identify lousy QB play when yoiu see it without resorting to excusing said poor play from Brady by blaming others. Fact is, and yiu can readily check it out (at least I think and HOPE you can), he's not played like a HOF'er in his last two SB. Gee! Any coincidence with him playing Baby Daddy and gettinf involved with super models?  Just wondering. But, you go check it out. I'll even toss you another bone to chew on: the Pats haven't won a SB since the BB-Crennel-Weis breakup. Was it BB or his coordinators? Hmmmm..... Just like the Cowboys coordinators breaking up (Turner and Wanstadt). In that case, NO ONE ever won anything again.

Again, as you failed to grasp the point, the Giants LIVED on their pass rush all season and in teh playoffs. The Pats couldn't handle it. Now, who's to blame on that? Think BB has anything to do with NOT game planning for that? Here's an absolutely FREE (no strings attached) history lesson: in SB 4 (Chiefs vs Vikings), Hank Stram game planned the Viking D (The Purple people Eaters, world beaters, etc) out of the ball game. No one who know defense will ever confuse that defense and the 2011 Giants defense. So, was it the players, INCLUDING Brady, or the game plan they had to follow? Think that maybe the coached had anything to do with it? After all, it was their game plan AND players they acquired.

It's not Brady's job to "develop" WR's. He's got to click with them. But, taking your point for what it is, who gets the WR's in for Brady to "develop"? Doesn't matter who they bring in, as they game plan for the players they have on roster. Again, I don't see "GM" after Brady's name, so let's look at BB and his drafting.

Are you seeing a trend here?  1) No SB wins since The breakup  2) No superior SB performace since 2005 for Brady since he got involved with his super models  3) No Bady "develpoment" of a WR since Moss left, because no good WR was drafted, traded for, or brought in as a FA  4) a failure to game plan for the Giants ultra top secret defense and pass rush that had never before been seen.

Never said BB has wasted the Brady years. Brady's done enough of that all on his own when it mattered. Brady can only play with the players BB brings in. It's still good enough to average 11-13 wins a regular season, but that's not good enough when the goal needs to be SB wins, unless you live in Jacksonville, KC, Cleveland, Detroit, or Arizona, where having a .500 season is a monumental achievement.

Moron, I love the Krafts. They saved the franchise from the morose created by the Sullivans (go get a history book on the NFL), and Kiam. He made them relevent and a team to be proud to follow. He brought respectability to the franchise, and made them the model of the NFL and other professional leagues. Bring in the right fcolks and then get the heck out of the way, letting them do their jobs. Please note the recent successes of the Cowboys, Redskins, Bills, and Raiders. Nuff said.

So, consider yourself educated. Sit back and enjoy the chocolatey Ovaltine and Oreos. remember, lights go out at 9 PM.

[/QUOTE]

agree with all except the dum bass crap bout supermodels and his family-thats simpleton nonsense logic...that has absolutely nothing to do with brady's performance on the field-u can do those things and not go hollywood and ur using it is just silly

also back off a bit on the tone-u sound like a punka**

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed the "just wondering" I included. But, BTW, it IS very coincidental that his post season "shine" has dimmed since the 2005 SB win vs Philthydelphia. I never said it was a direct contributor to this demise. Again, "just sayin'".

As for my "tone"..... let's just say when dealing with a juvenile delinquent who throws the "F" bomb around on a board, that I have little or no patience for sophmoric behavior. Sorry you sensitivities feel compelled to let me know, but not the delinquent. Interesting. Oh, just sayin'....

[/QUOTE]

Dude!

Your tone over the years has been nothing but negative.  I have never heard you praise the Pats, in any capaticy, despite the dominance they have achieved throught the past decade +.

If you are a Pats fan, you are one of those delusionals that think the Pats should win it all every year and nothing else matters.  That's just plain irrational.  All teams have faults, all teams lose and NO team ever plays to it's ability, game after game and year after year.

Perhaps it's time to swith allegiance.  AZ would be a good place to start.  At least, then, all your criticism would be warranted.

[/QUOTE]

(YAWN!)

Sorry, no bonus points due to lack of creativity.

Perhaps you should read my posts a little closer and you'll understand that I will praise them for what they do as a Super Bowl contender. I will not try to excuse away games and efforts against teams that shouldn't be on the same field with them (Cardinals, anyone?). I cannot and will not try and find praise for gakking up 4th Qtr double digit leads, stealing defeat from teh jaws of vistory (Ravens, Seahawks, anyone?). Looking for "moral victories" in those games is what fans in Cleveland, KC, Oakland, and Jacksonville do. I said it for a long time: there is absolutely nothing about this team that strikes fear into any opponent, on either sixde of the ball. And yet, even when it's widely known what another team's strengths are, the Pats never quite seem to be able to overcome them. Then, we're all back here the next day..... some excusing, some blaming. Bottom line is they eren't good enough.

Dominence in the last decade? Let's see.... We can count on the next year's schedule to contain at least 10 easy wins: 6 in division (unless you're going to try and tell us how any one of the AFC East will win a game), two more vs last place teams (one each from teh AFC and NFC conferences they will play), plus 2 vs 3rd place teams (from the same AFC and NFC conferences). For you mathmatically challenged hommies, that's 10 wins out of 16 games. Seeing that they are averaging 12 wins/season, that gives them a 2-4 record vs teams in first or second place. Do I REALLY need to tell you that this is NOT a very good record? (They win the games thet SHOULD, but find a way to lose the games against tougher opponents.) Not pure science, but go check it out. Their last SB win was 7 seasons ago. No "dynasty" has gone that long between wins. During that time we've seen them get bounced from the playoffs by teams that they should have beaten, including twice by the freaking JESTS!.  Nothing to brag about there, unless, of course, if you live in Detroit, St Louis, or San Diego.

I do not delude myself in thinking that they WILL win it all every season. It's not a rational thought, even for you pink hatters. Reality says it can't and won't happen in ANY sport. Yet, they produce these 12-14 regular season win totals, and your homers trip all over yourself gushing about how "great" they are. When us guys who know a little about the game and aren't taken in by bells, whistles, and bright/shiny objects point out flaws, like me and Tex Pat, all you pink hatters get the G Strings in a knot and tell us to "move somewhere else". (More demerits to you for a more aggregious lack of originality.)

Very sad to see you swallow the bait by claiming "NO team ever plays to it's ability" ..... Do you realize how sad this statement really is? It clearly states the biggest problem with society today: "That's OK, everyone does it (lose). You're OK. Here's your participation ribbon. No need to play up to your ability, because we all know how good and great you really are." Did I mention the Blame and Excuse The Loss Away Games? Do you go to work every day with this lack of working to your ability? What about every day life? Sad........

Ah, but here's the rub..... we see the flaws and imperfections, and point them out. You pink hatters see numbers and stats and can't focus on what's real. Then, when it doesn't go your way, it's someone or something else's fault (the Colts rolled over to let the JESTS! into the playoffs), or the refs (Excuse The Loss Game), or "he should have caught that badly overthrown ball that was also behind him" (Blame Game). Funny how those flaws you mention never seem to appear whn they lose, eh? It's magic! They only appear when the Pats actually win a game! L:ike their "young and learning" defense. Thjey finally look to gel while playing teams from Our Sisters Of The Lame and Blind, yet get taken to the woodshed by the Niners, playing oike the JESTS! did on Thanksgiving Night. Yet, all we got was excuses for the loss. They had their behinds handed to them... badly. Sad you and your ilk can't recognize it.

"Perhaps it's time to swith allegiance." ROFLMFAO!!!! TOTAL lack of any creativity, proving that you can't take or accept any criticism. May I suggest that you stick to your obsession of Anything Patriots, and stay away from exchanging such bold "ideas" with pragmatic posters? Your psyche and ego will thank you for it.

[/QUOTE]

Flaws and imperfections? Sorry that there are human beings on the Patriots. If only Brady and Belichik were as knowledgable as you all would be well and they would never lose. You should probably root for one of the perfect teams like the Colts which won 1 superbowl in the past 12 years. Or the Giants who missed the playoffs this year. Or the Packers who also lost to the Giants last year. Perhaps the Steelers who also missed the playoffs or the Ravens who somehow lost to the imperfect Pats in the AFC championship game last year. You really should root for someone else because the Pats are clearly incapable of being good enough for a serious and intelligent football fan like yourself.

[/QUOTE]

BORING!!!

Another homie who can't stand up to constructive conversation. Flaws are thinbgs like: having whole halfs where things aren't in "sync", or being consistently beat by a QB named "WHo's HE?", while making him a first ballot HOF'er. Flaws ae dropping wide open passes, or overthrowing wide open receivers. Imprefections is continually making the same mistakes.

let's try this one more time. The Pats can do these things and win at least q10 of their annual games, because they play against vastly inferior opponents. But, when they do this against the "iron" of their schedule,a dn go .500, it SHOULD raise concerns, as these are the dsame guys they'll face in the playoffs. We all know how well this has worked out since the 2005 SB win, right?  They just don't have the same mental toughness as they once had. No swagger, nothing about this team strikes fear in the opposition any more. They can and have been beat in crucial games. These are imperfections.

I don't stick my head in the ground and say all's right when this madness is going on. This sort of play WILL come back and haunt you. Points in fact: lousy defense all of last season, and they couldn't stop the Giants with 4 minutes left. Terrific offense last season, but couldn't move the ball and control the game, to keep the defense off the field.

Glad you mentioned the Ravens game. A dropped TD pass and a muffed FG..... Sorry, the Pats had nothing to do with that miracle. The Ravens blew it. The Pats let them hang around just long enough to make things interesting. Thankful for us they (Ravens) messed it up in the end. I trevale in/out of Baltimore monthly on bznz, and they STILL lament the dropped TD and the fact that @ 95 players/coaches couldn't see that a TO should have been called instead of rushing the FG unit on the field. Yes, they were THAT close of repeating the 2000 SB vs the Giants. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry that your beloved perfect Ravens lost against the Pats. Now i know why you hate the team so much. Too bad for you Sterling Moore knocked the ball out of Evans' hands. You were so close to going to the super bowl. I feel for you but oh well better luck this weekend against the Broncos. You should probably start following the Harlem Globetrotters, they never seem to lose.

[/QUOTE]

this AZ guy gives rusty a run as the most egomaniacal obnoxious know-it-all on here-and i didn't think that was possible

and he writes his rants as a Pats fan-or so he says...imagine if he wasn't? he'd probably want the whole team throw in jail

[/QUOTE]

Be happy you are not a fan! He makes it sound very painful. This is why Football shouldnt be the most important thing in your life. Even football players put things before football. I believe guys like AZ, Texpats, were all normal at once and your giants team has some blame in that too. 5, 6 years ago Texpats and AZ were normal and after each crushing playoff loss theyve lost more and more of their sanity.  Their whole life must depend on SB wins after that Dynasty gave them false hope that we would win the Big game every year after that until the end of the NFL era. Normal people with jobs and families, just chalk it up to bad luck and move on. I really feel bad because they used to be normal and now you can feel the pain in their writing styles and anger as well. Its just like work. I may get stressed but once I get home and see my beautiful kids smiling at me, it all goes away and that void is killing their spirits as human beings, never mind fans and Im being serious here. They just are bitter people now because of sports. I am very objective here as well but I wont resort to attacking others for still being fans like AZ.  At is point I still dont know what the h3ll is he babbling about but Im gonna ask you gints as an outsider with no dog in this fight to remember this for me if/when we host the lombardi and see if these guys can return to some type of normalcy. I dont even want to win for my own selfish reasons anymore, I want us to win for the health of these posters who have gone mad over a GAME! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see no one has jumped in to defend the talent level on last year's defensive backfield . . . 

[/QUOTE]

I will, Belichick has the best winning percentage in the NFL, that's all the justification he needs to remain the GM of the Patriots.  You're all fools if you think otherwise.

As for last years defense I'll let Brady jump to defend them, like after beating the Ravens when he said in his own words "I sucked" and "the defense carried us today."  

But then maybe you know more than Brady... just like you know more than Belichick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will, Belichick has the best winning percentage in the NFL, that's all the justification he needs to remain the GM of the Patriots.  You're all fools if you think otherwise.

As for last years defense I'll let Brady jump to defend them, like after beating the Ravens when he said in his own words "I sucked" and "the defense carried us today."  

But then maybe you know more than Brady... just like you know more than Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

You just changed the subject, Wozzy.  You didn't defend the talent level of last year's defensive backfield.  The reason is, of course, because everyone knows the talent wasn't very good.

Brady was just being nice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

... just like you know more than Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry wozzy. You're the one who preached all last year that you knew more than BB - not us. We accepted his choices on the offensive approach - you didn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And just how does Brady stating that he sucked for one game constitute proof the defense was good for the season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And just how does Brady stating that he sucked for one game constitute proof the defense was good for the season?

[/QUOTE]

the defense has forced the 2nd worst opposing QB rating since 2009 over the 2nd half of the year...you know the important half.  Then they followed that up with allowing 10, 20, and 19 points in 3 playoff games. Bill Belichicks defense's get better as the season goes on, each year, every year. You guys keep bashing BB the defensive coach and BB the GM. We will keep living in reality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Points don't matter to these guys, scoring points is overrated in comparison to DPR's, OPR's and PBR's... like they've drank way too many PBR's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

I think BB's own dissatisfaction with the talent on defense has been manifest by two moves he's made in the last two years. 

First, was last year's radical rehauling of the D line during preseason.  He changed both the talent (bringing in Haynesworth, Carter, and Anderson) and the scheme fairly late in the preseason. He clearly didn't think the talent was right for his 3-4 scheme, and fairly late in the preseason felt an overhaul was necessary, which ended up with him bringing in another big tackle and two faster DEs.  This probably reflected dissatisfaction with the line and also the lack of a real 3-4 OLB.  This change, however, was done so late in preseason it suggests that it wasn't planned early in the offseason but was more a reaction to what he was seeing on the field during camp and the preseason

Second, was the move this year for Talib (a pretty radical move considering when it happened)--preceded by the constant changes to the secondary, including the release (for nothing) of James Sanders and Brandon Merriweather. 

Some talk as if he's been systematically rebuilding the defense--but these moves look very reactionary to me.  Not like things that were planned well in advance, but reactions to address problems that needed to be solved immediately.  BB is great at moves like this (it's one reason he is a good "GM"), but as far as methodically building the defense through great draft picks and offseason moves during the normal free agent period in the spring, it's hard to say that's been the case.  Belichick's moves on defense have been far more reactive and almost have the character of emergency measures given that they've happened so late in preseason or during the regular season.

[/QUOTE]

Pro, thats a pretty good analysis right there, cant disagree with much but others.....not so much. According to some he rebuilt on the fly and 2010 was the completion of that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Points don't matter to these guys, scoring points is overrated in comparison to DPR's, OPR's and PBR's... like they've drank way too many PBR's.

[/QUOTE]

The offense last year (like most recent years) was a top scoring offense.  But you keep complaining because the number of rushing attempts was too low for your preferences. 

The defense was middle of the pack giving up points, but you keep talking as if they are great. 

I think you're just confused.  No other way to explain all these contradictions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the defense has forced the 2nd worst opposing QB rating since 2009 over the 2nd half of the year...you know the important half.  Then they followed that up with allowing 10, 20, and 19 points in 3 playoff games. Bill Belichicks defense's get better as the season goes on, each year, every year. You guys keep bashing BB the defensive coach and BB the GM. We will keep living in reality.

[/QUOTE]

Righto. That fabulous D in the playoffs last year that had one pick in 3 games. The NFL average would have been 3 times that.

Excluding the blowout against Tebow they had a 100 DPR against the Giants and Ravens.  LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, points matter.

And Brady threw TDs at a 32 TD for a season rate in the SB. Not good enough?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to LeeOn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys sorry to break up your contest of who can post the longest post but I just wanted u all to know that your old pal leon is back after being banned.

I have a short list of suspects of who ran and ratted me out. When the going gets tough......go rat somebody out.

It's great to be back. You may now continue to bore each other to death.

great to be back!

[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts