These games aren't even any fun to watch anymore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

These games aren't even any fun to watch anymore

They are too stressful and the endings have been f'ed up for weeks now, even with the Ws. Can't stand it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Re: These games aren't even any fun to watch anymore

Uh, is it supposed to be fun to watch your team lose?  Only if you are a masochist, I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

That was one of the greatest games I watched in a long time. To bad the pats lost. We had it in our grasp but our defence sucked big time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are too stressful and the endings have been f'ed up for weeks now, even with the Ws. Can't stand it.

[/QUOTE]

Every fan base that has ever exsisted says hello.

We've been spoiled with the Pats.

Just look at the game today. That was Miami's SB. The owner was on the field. Did you see the fans and players had the same reaction? That should tell you a little bit of what its like when you dont have an all time great coach and QB.

Another thing fans should keep in mind is that teams get up to play the Pats more than anyone else.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

May I suggest you wstick to playing with yoiur Legos on Sundays? Much more calming influence, until you start eating the red ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

don't mind so much. just wish the FG kicker wouldn't miss easy ones, and the defense could stop a 4th and 5.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

don't mind so much. just wish the FG kicker wouldn't miss easy ones, and the defense could stop a 4th and 5.

[/QUOTE]

With the final at 24 - 20, missed FG means nothing and, you also forgot, Miami missed one too.  So, even if both were made, the score could have been 27 - 23 Miami.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With the final at 24 - 20, missed FG means nothing and, you also forgot, Miami missed one too.  So, even if both were made, the score could have been 27 - 23 Miami.

[/QUOTE]

miami's kicker didn't even get an attempt. they botched it -execution. ghost got to execute his kick which was an easy to make, he was lined up perfect, but steered it right-not acceptable, and then of course he kicks it out of bounds after we score-not acceptable, gives the other team great field psotion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Pats fan base must have the grayest hair in the NFL and cigarrete sales are probably up quite a bit in New England these past few months. Did anyone really think this was not going to go down to the wire?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats fan base must have the grayest hair in the NFL and cigarrete sales are probably up quite a bit in New England these past few months. Did anyone really think this was not going to go down to the wire?

[/QUOTE]

When the Pats went up 10 - 0 in the first half, D doing fairly decent in holding the Dolphins, thought the Pats may be out of their funk.  But, then came a 1:32 stretch of the end of the first half in which the D gave up an 82 yard TD drive to the Dolphins.  At that point I knew, same old D was gearing up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, it means everything. If he makes that kick then they only need a FG at the end instead of a TD, right? They get it to the 20, run some clock and kick it. No need to go near the endzone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hunh? Missing that FG meant everything. If he hit that we wouldn't have needed to get in the EZ to win. A short FG would have done it, and we were close enough.

That Miami FG thing was a bad snap/fumble, not a miss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bend don't break defense sucks! No blitzes down the stretch, Patricia is an idiot. As for the last drive if the Patriots get the PI with the LB draped all over Hooman in the end zone they win. Every game is rigged so no biggie!!! Welcome to the WWE/ NFL...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a 48yrder is no gimme and certainly isn't an easy one. But give Ghost a break he's been the best kicker all year, he's bound to miss a long one eventually

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bend don't break defense sucks! No blitzes down the stretch, Patricia is an idiot. As for the last drive if the Patriots get the PI with the LB draped all over Hooman in the end zone they win. Every game is rigged so no biggie!!! Welcome to the WWE/ NFL...

[/QUOTE]

if it's one thing I think we can fault BB the coach for is not changing his coaching style to reflect the changes in the league. In the early 00's the bend but don't break worked because only a small handful of QB's could mount long drives time after time without doing something stupid. Now a days though with the penalties geared towards the O and QB's better at mounting long drives without brain farts he needs to get more agressive and hasn't. One of the reasons might be he hasn't had the personal to do so. I mean really other than C. Jones who was the last pass rusher or interior DL who can get after the QB that he drafted? And I don't mean in the late rounds I mean a real impact pass rusher type

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if it's one thing I think we can fault BB the coach for is not changing his coaching style to reflect the changes in the league. In the early 00's the bend but don't break worked because only a small handful of QB's could mount long drives time after time without doing something stupid. Now a days though with the penalties geared towards the O and QB's better at mounting long drives without brain farts he needs to get more agressive and hasn't. One of the reasons might be he hasn't had the personal to do so. I mean really other than C. Jones who was the last pass rusher or interior DL who can get after the QB that he drafted? And I don't mean in the late rounds I mean a real impact pass rusher type

[/QUOTE]

Good point. There is no one other than cjones that he drafted, but, he has brought in numerous guys like carter, Anderson, etc with mixed results.

i agree to a point on the personnel, but the bigger thing to me is just being aggressive. Did you catch the play yesterday when Dennard blitzed and tipped the ball? It doesn't have to come from a de or lb. just send more than can be blocked and use some of your CBS and safeties. 

PI would rather see Hightower blitz than cover anyone downfield.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2007 spoiled most fans here.  Recall the teams of the 2001 - 2005 run?  Back then, we felt good about the team, but, the expectations weren't so high as they are now.  Back then, many games were grinders and we all walk away after a win with collective sighs of relief and say: "wow, what a game!".  Today, even after a win we say: "God, how come they didn't score 35 points?".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Fidd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every fan base that has ever exsisted says hello.

We've been spoiled with the Pats.

Just look at the game today. That was Miami's SB. The owner was on the field. Did you see the fans and players had the same reaction? That should tell you a little bit of what its like when you dont have an all time great coach and QB.

Another thing fans should keep in mind is that teams get up to play the Pats more than anyone else.

[/QUOTE]

Do not recall the players name, but, the one who intercepted Brady in the endzone was quoted as saying he started "crying" at the end.  Are you kidding me, "crying" just because you intercepted the ball?  Goes to show how the Dolphins treated this game versus the Pats.  Pats has a chance to clinch the division and get one step closer to locking up homefield for the playoffs and it is the Dolphins who acted like the game may have been more important.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

agcsbill said:

"2007 spoiled most fans here.  Recall the teams of the 2001 - 2005 run?  Back then, we felt good about the team, but, the expectations weren't so high as they are now.  Back then, many games were grinders and we all walk away after a win with collective sighs of relief and say: "wow, what a game!".  Today, even after a win we say: "God, how come they didn't score 35 points?".

It's not entirely this though.  Those early teams were not beaten at the end of these close games.  It's more that we KNEW they could come back.  Now it's that we KNOW they can't come back -- because of injuries IMO.  This is not a bad team, and if they were healthy they'd be a great team.  But I knew, based on listening to this game on he radio, that they weren't going to come back and win.  Not enough players left on the field.  So it is painful and frustrating to watch.  I don't consider myself to have been spoiled by past success.  I'm frustrated that they aren't a whole team anymore and therefore can't compete against the good teams they'll see in the playoffs.  It's just not our year this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

agcsbill said:

"2007 spoiled most fans here.  Recall the teams of the 2001 - 2005 run?  Back then, we felt good about the team, but, the expectations weren't so high as they are now.  Back then, many games were grinders and we all walk away after a win with collective sighs of relief and say: "wow, what a game!".  Today, even after a win we say: "God, how come they didn't score 35 points?".

It's not entirely this though.  Those early teams were not beaten at the end of these close games.  It's more that we KNEW they could come back.  Now it's that we KNOW they can't come back -- because of injuries IMO.  This is not a bad team, and if they were healthy they'd be a great team.  But I knew, based on listening to this game on he radio, that they weren't going to come back and win.  Not enough players left on the field.  So it is painful and frustrating to watch.  I don't consider myself to have been spoiled by past success.  I'm frustrated that they aren't a whole team anymore and therefore can't compete against the good teams they'll see in the playoffs.  It's just not our year this year.

[/QUOTE]

With continued mending and enough health to return to certain players for the remaining two games into the playoffs, can't write them off now.  There have been a few NFL teams which were written off and came back to surprise everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a 48yrder is no gimme and certainly isn't an easy one. But give Ghost a break he's been the best kicker all year, he's bound to miss a long one eventually

[/QUOTE]

That's all nice and everything; the loss is still on him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's all nice and everything; the loss is still on him.

[/QUOTE]

Of all times to kick the ball out of bounds after a go ahead TD, it had to be then, right?  We can only think of what that extra 20 yards of field position would have meant for the Dolphins to drive and not just the 60 they were given.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with teh "miss", as tha wouldn't have mattered. I do have an issue with his brain dead kick off shank giving the Fish the ball on their 40. Isn't a Pats fan anywhere, and I'll tell them so to their kisser, who DIDN'T think the Fish weren't going to score on that possession. He was banging them deep all game and expecing his to do so again was not unreasonable. Sorry, but that shank is inexcusable. If the Fish are going to beat or tie you, you want to have them use as much of the field as you possibly can to do so. No gifts.

Sections
Shortcuts