They played UGLY and still WON!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They played UGLY and still WON!!!

Lots and lots of hand wringing and questions about this team since the VERY ugly win against the Jets Thursday night.  Also, Brady is in the spotlight a lot for his "on field" reactions to the play of his team mates.

How about we all take a chill pill, acknowledge this wasn't the "pretty" win we would have liked to see and move on.  The team has 10 days to prepare for the next game as we should begin to focus upon, Tampa Bay.

If any one of us were shown the stats of that game, with no scoring results, and then asked the question:  "Did the Pats win this game?"  I can bet the house a significantly high majority would have said "no". The Pats played about as ugly as we have ever seen, on the offense side of the ball, and the team still WON the game!  Being 2 - 0 now is great.  There are worse things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: They played UGLY and still WON!!!

If an up and coming boxer, who is looking for a shot at the title, beats a tomato can by split decision, he still won the fight, but no one is impressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's not about being impressed, Not-A-Shot.  It's about getting through two HORRIBLE games with wins.  I'm impressed with the fact that we are up 2 in division games when we can't catch a ball to save our lives.  This receiver stuff will get better, SURVIVING to get to that point is priceless.  On second thought, it IS about being impressed, and I am impressed.  Defense guts it out two weeks in a row when the offense is having issues.  That is impressive to me.  For all the hand wringing about how bad the O is, that D is starting to get some things done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

It's not about being impressed, Not-A-Shot.  It's about getting through two HORRIBLE games with wins.  I'm impressed with the fact that we are up 2 in division games when we can't catch a ball to save our lives.  This receiver stuff will get better, SURVIVING to get to that point is priceless.  On second thought, it IS about being impressed, and I am impressed.  Defense guts it out two weeks in a row when the offense is having issues.  That is impressive to me.  For all the hand wringing about how bad the O is, that D is starting to get some things done. 

Against the Bills and Jets the D looked great.  Hopefully they can still look great against the better offensive teams later in the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Celebrating the 2 wins is like Kramer celebrating his Karate wins against kids because they were all in the same level....take the win and move on but don’t pass it off as anything but a win.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If an up and coming boxer, who is looking for a shot at the title, beats a tomato can by split decision, he still won the fight, but no one is impressed.

This is a valid point as far as it goes, but you've got to remember that there are nothing but tomato cans in the Pats' division.

It wasn't so very long ago that a defending champion was taken out of the playoffs by a 7-9 division "winner."

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts