They're all MORONS and, to a degree, dislike the Pats a bit...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: They're all MORONS and, to a degree, dislike the Pats a bit...

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ravens 55 - Raiders 20; Bears 51 - Titans 20; Pats 59 - Colts 24..  what is the common thread?

In all three cases, not a word was mentioned on Monday about "running up the score" when the Ravens and Bears won their games, but the Pats, it is the talk of the airwaves!!  They're all morons!!

What does the media and many fans outside of NE REALLY expect the Patriots' offense to do when it gets the ball?  Take a knee three times, purposely fumble the ball in the red zone, intercept a pass and fumble it back?  It is not a function of BB to have his team "take it easy" on the other PROFESSIONAL football team which can't stop the Pats offense.  Even Ditka said it is up to the D to stop the offense, not the offense to stop itself.  Amazing how folks who have no "football" pedigree pounce on the Pats for being uber successful on offense.  If you do not like it, point at the opponents inept D for failing to stop the Pats!

MORONS!!

[/QUOTE]

You think that might have something to do with scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter while the Ravens scored 7?

I know your fan base has a need to cry about how unfair it all is, the media bias, the anti Patriot rules etc, but just stop. It's pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If you can't stop the other team, get better players. This is the NFL, grow up. Tell the Oilers about running up the score after Buffalo came back from 35-3 to beat them in the playoffs. I was watching that game, one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It just so happened I taped it, and have recently converted it to dvd. I pull it out every now and then and watch it. But no doubt youre right. When Dennard stepped in front of that pass and had 87 yards of empty field in front of him, he should have taken a knee or meekly stepped out of bounds to make nice nice.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ravens 55 - Raiders 20; Bears 51 - Titans 20; Pats 59 - Colts 24..  what is the common thread?

In all three cases, not a word was mentioned on Monday about "running up the score" when the Ravens and Bears won their games, but the Pats, it is the talk of the airwaves!!  They're all morons!!

What does the media and many fans outside of NE REALLY expect the Patriots' offense to do when it gets the ball?  Take a knee three times, purposely fumble the ball in the red zone, intercept a pass and fumble it back?  It is not a function of BB to have his team "take it easy" on the other PROFESSIONAL football team which can't stop the Pats offense.  Even Ditka said it is up to the D to stop the offense, not the offense to stop itself.  Amazing how folks who have no "football" pedigree pounce on the Pats for being uber successful on offense.  If you do not like it, point at the opponents inept D for failing to stop the Pats!

MORONS!!

[/QUOTE]

You think that might have something to do with scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter while the Ravens scored 7?

I know your fan base has a need to cry about how unfair it all is, the media bias, the anti Patriot rules etc, but just stop. It's pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Drunken ramblings.

[/QUOTE]

sounds sensible to me!  ;  )

[/QUOTE]

It would...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JintsFan.. you make me laugh!!  Respect for the opponent!!  HOW??  What would you expect the Pats offense, or defense if it gets a TO, to do?  I guess you have never played a sport.  Nothing is more humiliating than an opponent who takes it easy on you because they feel you are an inadequate opponent who needs their mercy!  Throughout the years there have been blowouts and this has become an issue with the media and fans alike only when it involves the Pats.  This BS about a dislike for BB.  Who says he has to kiss up to fans and the media?  He is a coach and is all business when it is game time, the goal of the offense is to score and defense to stop the other guy.  Seems players have no issue with this, it is all fans and media who have an ax to grind.  If the roles were reversed, you'd be crowing here about how the Pats were on the receiving end of "karma"! 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!! Did the colts have panties on? A real man would be insulted if you laid down and stopped playing. If a professional athlete has a "dont beat me up too badly" attitude, I sure the hell would not want them on my team.

[/QUOTE]

as usual u missed the point

and drop the macho talk u sound like an a**

[/QUOTE]

Huh? What Macho talk? You sound like a little girl. You are! That explains your infactuation with Harley!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JintsFan.. you make me laugh!!  Respect for the opponent!!  HOW??  What would you expect the Pats offense, or defense if it gets a TO, to do?  I guess you have never played a sport.  Nothing is more humiliating than an opponent who takes it easy on you because they feel you are an inadequate opponent who needs their mercy!  Throughout the years there have been blowouts and this has become an issue with the media and fans alike only when it involves the Pats.  This BS about a dislike for BB.  Who says he has to kiss up to fans and the media?  He is a coach and is all business when it is game time, the goal of the offense is to score and defense to stop the other guy.  Seems players have no issue with this, it is all fans and media who have an ax to grind.  If the roles were reversed, you'd be crowing here about how the Pats were on the receiving end of "karma"! 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!! Did the colts have panties on? A real man would be insulted if you laid down and stopped playing. If a professional athlete has a "dont beat me up too badly" attitude, I sure the hell would not want them on my team.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh? What Macho talk? You sound like a little girl. You are! That explains your infactuation with Harley!

[/QUOTE]

Now it all makes sense......BTW, the Niners are running up the score and embarrassing the Cubbies. Shameful! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now it all makes sense......BTW, the Niners are running up the score and embarrassing the Cubbies. Shameful! 

[/QUOTE]

niners don't play the cubs

[/QUOTE]

They are tonight.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Here's a real quote after a 51-0 thrashing of the Patriots by the Dolphins in 1972. "I ran a post pattern against some stumbling linebacker. They were god-awful. Rub it in? Who cared." Jim Mandich (the reciever of a 39 yard TD in the 4th quarter to make it 51-0). Coaches have done it forever and if the Jets pathetic offense could do it they would.

Pg 120 of Dominance by Eddie Epstein.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a real quote after a 51-0 thrashing of the Patriots by the Dolphins in 1972. "I ran a post pattern against some stumbling linebacker. They were god-awful. Rub it in? Who cared." Jim Mandich (the reciever of a 39 yard TD in the 4th quarter to make it 51-0). Coaches have done it forever and if the Jets pathetic offense could do it they would.

[/QUOTE]

That was back before we had to be politically correct, and make sure everyone feels good about the game. Its everywhere. Its also why NASCAR sends their drivers to anger management classes now. Picture Ralph Earnhardt or Cale Yarborough in anger management classes? Haha... Things have changed: "everyone is a winner", and "you are all number one in our hearts."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pile the points on. The more the better. And screw any drama queens that don't like it.

[/QUOTE]

gotta disagree on this babe

its not about "hurt feelings" and "fairness" morons like sheeny thinks (hero that he is and all)

it's-to me-about simple respect for ur opponent and winning with class

when i look back i cant remember too many of the greats running up the score-they had too much respect for the game for that and had no need to embarrass opponents already beat

lombardi didnt, landry didn't, noll didnt...i dont remember walsh parcells or gibbs doing it...to me its the equivalent of beating a helpless opponent when the towel has been thrown in or shooting a man waving the white flag

to me its the aholes like spurrier, that idiot jenkins at houston yrs back, etc...that do this and they are basically despised for that reason and to me it shows an arrogance and ruthlessness that needs to be put in its place

bellichick to mehas a soulless ruthlessness about him that enjoys doing this-and that as much as anything is why he and the pats are so disliked...in a poll before sb 42 the fans of EVERY other team were rooting for the giants-one player actually thanked osi at the pro bowl

i think we all know the reason why-see above

[/QUOTE]

Haters gonna hate.

You expect Dennard not to take that pick to the house? Really?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

AZ-Nobody touched Revis when he got hurt-He doesn't take plays off like Gronk did.

Rex is a great coach- took the boys to the playoffs hs first 2 years-Couple of bad injuries this year and the Jets would be in 1st place in the Division...that goes without saying.

As far as BB goes- he shouldn't be in the League as far as I'm concerned- He cheated and thought he was bigger then the game- he got his though and so did all of you pats fans that never called BB out for cheating.

Since the pats fan condones cheating and BB cheated then the Curse of Spygate will live forever and the legacy of the pats will always be that they cheated to win and haven't won anything since!

Oh How I just love to write that down for all to see!Yup that was chill that just ran up and down your spines.

LOL-Y'all have a nice night now...ya'hear!?

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win... the ne patriots are a living example of that!

[/QUOTE]

Just the offseason, preseason, and part of the regular season, and then he pulls a hammy trying to catchup/cover Moss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

to me its the aholes like spurrier, that idiot jenkins at houston yrs back, etc...that do this and they are basically despised for that reason and to me it shows an arrogance and ruthlessness that needs to be put in its place

bellichick to mehas a soulless ruthlessness about him that enjoys doing this-and that as much as anything is why he and the pats are so disliked...in a poll before sb 42 the fans of EVERY other team were rooting for the giants-one player actually thanked osi at the pro bowl

i think we all know the reason why-see above

[/QUOTE]

Disagree. All D1 college coaches run up the score, its how they get rated higher in the BCS standings. In the NFL if you let up and play lackadaisical, thats when folks get hurt (not to mention you are embarrassing another pro team). Gronks injury was just a fluke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Babe-1  Jints-0

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe-1  Jints-0

[/QUOTE]

Gotta say all I hear is a lot of rationalizing and justifications ie: defending this because it pertains to the Pats

Jints 1- Whole Board 0  :  )

[/QUOTE]

No it's not. The score has been run up on the Pats plenty of times throughout it's history. Even under Brady and Belichek it happened. They deserved it. Your claiming that certain coaches never did it is not born it by history. Lombardi did it regularly. Noll's Steelers were generally not considered an offensive juggernaut like the current Pats are. Other than 1979 they were considered a good but not great offensive team. In fact the early 70's teams had pretty bad QB play, even while winning a super bowl. But while the 70's was a running era the Steelers thrashed their share of opponents. I know Parcells did it, I saw him do it in a Super Bowl. Does Belichek do it more often than most? Probably, but so what, his QB is so much better than others that despite a below average defense the Pats can still do it. Don't tell me Coughlin doesn't do it because I saw him once lay 60 against someone (the only time i ever saw it in the NFL). The Pats excuse is that their defense has blown several games in the 4th quarter this year. That Jaguar team had probably the best defense in the NFL that year. He was sending a message that game pure and simple (unfortunately his team got the wrong message because they got beaten rather easily in the playoffs a week later by the Titans).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"To much repect for the game," give me a break... I'd be worried if they didn't accuse the pats of running up the score. it means they are still the team most folks love to hate.

[/QUOTE]

whatever this means....

[/QUOTE]

It means guys like you hanging around another teams forum all day.

There are always going to be some with an anti Patriot/BB agenda. When a team is on top for as long as NE, they become a target and running up the score, or leaving Gronkowski in on a PAT, becomes a bigger issue than it should. The Pats only need to worry about themselves, and win games, not pay attention to what others think or write.

I'm pretty sure BB does not sit on the sideline and say, maybe we should not score here because I have to much respect for the game, and  I dont want to hurt the feelings of the opposing team, fans and the media. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Being enamored of facts and truth.... to be fair.... there was a time when "total scoring" was a tie-breaker for seeding. In those days everybody tried to run it up. I don't know when that started and when it stopped, but it did exist.

Despite that, I don't care one whit about running up the score. Crush them. Embarrass them. Destroy them. Ask no quarter and give none.

It's not like if we never did that again the rest of the league would start to love us. The hate toward our team is based on several irrational perceptions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1  I remember watching a Celtics game where the bad boy Pistons were running up the score on the Celtics at the end of the game.   Bob Cousy--a class act who knows something about championships--was doing the color commentary.  Whoever was doing the play by play starting whining about the Pistons running up the score and Cousy stopped him.  He said something like, "no, this is what you want to do, you want to intimidate the other team."  This is pro sports for gods sake.   If anyone is "disrespecting" anything, it's a team that rolls over and gives up.

This Pats team has blown (or nearly blown) double digit 4th quarter leads a bunch of times this year.  They (particularly the offense) need to learn to keep the pedal to the metal, especially with a D that gives up as many big plays as they do.

And whoever said the J-E-T-S can only wish they could run up the score  is 100% right.

Sections
Shortcuts