They're all MORONS and, to a degree, dislike the Pats a bit...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: They're all MORONS and, to a degree, dislike the Pats a bit...

what's keeping REX employed Hess?.......he won't be for long..lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

JintsFan.. you make me laugh!!  Respect for the opponent!!  HOW??  What would you expect the Pats offense, or defense if it gets a TO, to do?  I guess you have never played a sport.  Nothing is more humiliating than an opponent who takes it easy on you because they feel you are an inadequate opponent who needs their mercy!  Throughout the years there have been blowouts and this has become an issue with the media and fans alike only when it involves the Pats.  This BS about a dislike for BB.  Who says he has to kiss up to fans and the media?  He is a coach and is all business when it is game time, the goal of the offense is to score and defense to stop the other guy.  Seems players have no issue with this, it is all fans and media who have an ax to grind.  If the roles were reversed, you'd be crowing here about how the Pats were on the receiving end of "karma"! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Leon,

Sorry, but most NFL teams don't gameplan having turnovers turning into immediate points via pick 6 INT's, or running kicks back. That stuff happens. (BTW, the Pats outscored the Colts 21-7 in teh Qtr, a NET difference of 14 points.)

But, if you want all NFL teams to start waving their white flags with the JESTS! logo on it, OK. At what point would you suggest they do this? After scoring 17 points? 18" 19? It's obvious that "21" pains you so.

Oh, and as long as we're suppose to cap scoring for the winning team, we need to cap scoring for the losing team too. After all, it's only fair. Just think how much we can shorten games! We can institute the 28 Point Rule: the game is officially over when any team has a 28 point lead at half time of at the end of the third quarter of regulation play. (Or, would "21" be your number?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When BB starts running fake FG plays when up by 24 ponts in the 4th, I'll start agreeing with the "running up the score" folks. That is totally unnecessary.  I see big leads as an opportunity to pay the younger/less experienced players. Even with punt returns and INT's for scores, it was an opportunity for the 2nd team to get playing time. Maybe we don't see Gronk getting a broken arm if he's not playing to block for the 59th point. The only guarantee against injury is NOT being on the field.  Do many of us need a reminder of what a less than par Gronk means to the Pats? I can see many pink hatters biching and wailing about cheap hits and stuff if Brady took a clean hit that gave him the same injury Gentle Ben has, say, with 10 minutes left, and the Pats up by 21+ points.   

It was obvious that yesterday's game was over early in the 4th Qtr. In my opinion, BB should have cleared the bench. Would they have scored 59 points? Who knows. Would Gronk have gotten hurt? I highly doubt it, unless BB sent him in on PAT's. A win is a win, but not when it's got a honking "*" next to it, for Gronk's injury.

But, this is the NFL. You gotta hitch up the big boy pants and chin strap if you want to play. Want to stop the running up the score effect? All ya gotta do is stop 'em on defense.

[/QUOTE]

there one of ur own said it too

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's just ME making my point. I'm surely NOT the head coach. I'd take my win, keep my starters healthy, and get my backups playing time and experience.

Funny to see how you missed my point. I never said that running up the score is bad, or that they ran it up yesterday, or they shouldn't have done so. All I did was point out the senseless injury on the 59th point. I'd do the same if it was on the last play of an end of the game possession, with a 9 point lead, while trying to pick up a first down and run out the game clock.  Double check my post for confirmation. All the Colts needed to do was stop 'em. The score speaks for itself, including 2 pick 6's and a punt return for TD's.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is the 4th qtr scoring:

Pats - Denard - 87 yd pick-six

Colts - Luck - 43 yd TD pass to Hilton

Pats - Ridley - 3 yd TD run (after 80 yd drive)

Pats - Vereen -  4 yd TD run (after Colts t/o near mid-field)

So I guess I have a couple of quetions:  

1) Was Denard supposed to step out of bounds and not take it all the way back?  

2) After Luck's TD pass to Hlton should the Pats have just taken a knee and then punted to give the Colts another shot at closing the gap?

3) Since the Colts sure looked as though they had quit on the Vereen score, should the Pats have quit as well?

Note to those who are griping about the Pats running up the score:  Your gripe is much more about the Colts D not stopping the Pats than about the Pats 'running up the score.'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Leon,

Sorry, but boo boos happen in the NFL. Just ask your guy Revis. What's HIS excuse for being gone for the entire year? Gotta pay attention out there, right?

Love your total disdain for BB. I can understand why, seeing how your saddled with Rex-ford. Not a good comparrison, right? Almost feel as sorry for you as I do for JBolt and his being saddled with Uncle Norv. JBolt at least had some success with his fool, long term. The JESTS?  well, it's been a while, and not getting better. Care to predict if he shoots off his lips before Thursday's game as he did a few weeks ago?

Here's hoping for a 28-3 Patriot 4th Qtr lead going to a 45-3 final (not scoring 21 points in teh 4th tis time, as they're going to run the clock by rushing the ball). Can't wait for Scottt's post game tirade. Luck us! Twice in the same week! Does it get better than nthis?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ATJ...  none of them are like Ditka.. that's the way the game goes. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ravens 55 - Raiders 20; Bears 51 - Titans 20; Pats 59 - Colts 24..  what is the common thread?

In all three cases, not a word was mentioned on Monday about "running up the score" when the Ravens and Bears won their games, but the Pats, it is the talk of the airwaves!!  They're all morons!!

What does the media and many fans outside of NE REALLY expect the Patriots' offense to do when it gets the ball?  Take a knee three times, purposely fumble the ball in the red zone, intercept a pass and fumble it back?  It is not a function of BB to have his team "take it easy" on the other PROFESSIONAL football team which can't stop the Pats offense.  Even Ditka said it is up to the D to stop the offense, not the offense to stop itself.  Amazing how folks who have no "football" pedigree pounce on the Pats for being uber successful on offense.  If you do not like it, point at the opponents inept D for failing to stop the Pats!

MORONS!!

[/QUOTE]

I think you have a point about the bears, but not the Ravens.  In that game, the ravens were up 48-17 after 3 and returned a kick off at the beginning of the 4th for a touchdown.  They played back ups for the 4th. 

As for Bears vs. Pats in this case, do the bears have a history of running up scores? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mighty.... I could have added...  The media and out of town footbal fans.. that is who I am pointing to.  Unfortunately, you can't change the title of the discussion once posted...

LessPhatRex....   of the 21 4th quarter points... 7 came from a returned INT, 7 from an INT and  a short field, the otheran 80 yard march.   Ravens offense is no where as efficient.. if it could have scored more, it would have!

[/QUOTE]

Been going on for years.  They know they can drive ratings by bashing BB. "Running up the score" is a supposed coach's decision, so they use that angle for ratings.

I knew it would be all over ESPN's topic board this morning and it will be on the all shows this afternoon and tonight.

So predictable.

The fact a feak injury occurred to Gronk gives them the coverage they need to blow it out of proportion, too. lol

This is the company RKarp works for. 

[/QUOTE]

when i heard about the injury to Gronk, one of the first things I thought about was your post in response to Revis getting injured this year...

that's too bad, I like him except for the fact he is a Pat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

AZ-Nobody touched Revis when he got hurt-He doesn't take plays off like Gronk did.

Rex is a great coach- took the boys to the playoffs hs first 2 years-Couple of bad injuries this year and the Jets would be in 1st place in the Division...that goes without saying.

As far as BB goes- he shouldn't be in the League as far as I'm concerned- He cheated and thought he was bigger then the game- he got his though and so did all of you pats fans that never called BB out for cheating.

Since the pats fan condones cheating and BB cheated then the Curse of Spygate will live forever and the legacy of the pats will always be that they cheated to win and haven't won anything since!

Oh How I just love to write that down for all to see!Yup that was chill that just ran up and down your spines.

LOL-Y'all have a nice night now...ya'hear!?

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win... the ne patriots are a living example of that!

[/QUOTE]

Now this is how you have a Hissy Fit...Well done Keep trolling!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ravens 55 - Raiders 20; Bears 51 - Titans 20; Pats 59 - Colts 24..  what is the common thread?

In all three cases, not a word was mentioned on Monday about "running up the score" when the Ravens and Bears won their games, but the Pats, it is the talk of the airwaves!!  They're all morons!!

What does the media and many fans outside of NE REALLY expect the Patriots' offense to do when it gets the ball?  Take a knee three times, purposely fumble the ball in the red zone, intercept a pass and fumble it back?  It is not a function of BB to have his team "take it easy" on the other PROFESSIONAL football team which can't stop the Pats offense.  Even Ditka said it is up to the D to stop the offense, not the offense to stop itself.  Amazing how folks who have no "football" pedigree pounce on the Pats for being uber successful on offense.  If you do not like it, point at the opponents inept D for failing to stop the Pats!

MORONS!!

[/QUOTE]

I think you have a point about the bears, but not the Ravens.  In that game, the ravens were up 48-17 after 3 and returned a kick off at the beginning of the 4th for a touchdown.  They played back ups for the 4th. 

As for Bears vs. Pats in this case, do the bears have a history of running up scores? 

[/QUOTE]

Uh, something about running a fake FG play with a 41-17 lead...... Call me crazy. THAT is what I'd call running up the score, NOT just going out there and kicking butt with no trickerology.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

AZ-Nobody touched Revis when he got hurt-He doesn't take plays off like Gronk did.

Rex is a great coach- took the boys to the playoffs hs first 2 years-Couple of bad injuries this year and the Jets would be in 1st place in the Division...that goes without saying.

As far as BB goes- he shouldn't be in the League as far as I'm concerned- He cheated and thought he was bigger then the game- he got his though and so did all of you pats fans that never called BB out for cheating.

Since the pats fan condones cheating and BB cheated then the Curse of Spygate will live forever and the legacy of the pats will always be that they cheated to win and haven't won anything since!

Oh How I just love to write that down for all to see!Yup that was chill that just ran up and down your spines.

LOL-Y'all have a nice night now...ya'hear!?

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win... the ne patriots are a living example of that!

[/QUOTE]

Gronk allegedly took the play off, according to you. Revis was caught running around like an undrafted FA/rookie without a clue, according to me. Same difference to a casual observer. But, Gronk got to play more.  

THAT'S the enjoyable part for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

My thoughts are always the same: it's professional football; you don't like getting stomped, too bad, stop us (or them).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

As many Jets fans can attest Leon/Hess is a professional sperm donor. By choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Running up the score sits well with me.

We tried running out the clock early in the season, and what did that accomplish? 3 losses that should have been wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Running up the score sits well with me.

We tried running out the clock early in the season, and what did that accomplish? 3 losses that should have been wins.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 

No one wants to see the prevent defense or conservative offense when the Pats have a lead.  Keep piling it on.

I hope the Pats run it up on the Jets thursday night.  You know because they're such a "classy" organization along with their fan base.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

JintsFan.. you make me laugh!!  Respect for the opponent!!  HOW??  What would you expect the Pats offense, or defense if it gets a TO, to do?  I guess you have never played a sport.  Nothing is more humiliating than an opponent who takes it easy on you because they feel you are an inadequate opponent who needs their mercy!  Throughout the years there have been blowouts and this has become an issue with the media and fans alike only when it involves the Pats.  This BS about a dislike for BB.  Who says he has to kiss up to fans and the media?  He is a coach and is all business when it is game time, the goal of the offense is to score and defense to stop the other guy.  Seems players have no issue with this, it is all fans and media who have an ax to grind.  If the roles were reversed, you'd be crowing here about how the Pats were on the receiving end of "karma"! 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!! Did the colts have panties on? A real man would be insulted if you laid down and stopped playing. If a professional athlete has a "dont beat me up too badly" attitude, I sure the hell would not want them on my team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take a look at this board, most of the guys around here are just as bad.  Supposedly fans.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the title was describing the users of this forum (though I would change "dislike a bit" to "dislike a lot")

[/QUOTE]

You really should look in the mirror. You are easily one of the most annoying posters on this forum. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts