They're giddy with delight, aren't they?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They're giddy with delight, aren't they?

Anyone notice?

If you read the articles posted to USAToday or on the ESPN website about this fiasco, take a look at he comments being made.  Lots of folks are delighted at what is happening here and the possible impact to the Patriots.  I've seen comparisons to Ray Lewis, too.  Interesting how polarizing the Patriots are as a successful organization and how, apparently, fans across the country relish bad news about this organization.  No one knows the "real" news on what is going on, unfortunately.  Hopefully, it is the police and the DA being what they are in their attempts solve a crime involving a high profile athlete implying they "may" have a hand in it.  But, he didn't help things with some of the stuff he did if the reports are correct. All in all, there are plenty of folks who are giddy about this news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: They're giddy with delight, aren't they?

Brady2Welker47

Lots of haters out there..especially with overall success of NE franchise..just jealousy!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Success breeds contempt.  The Patriots are a perfect example of that phrase.  People grow disdain for people/teams/organizations that have continued success in their respective fields.  

As long as TB/BB/Kraft are here and the Pats continue to be among the best franchises in the league, haters will continue to hate.  It's that simple.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Anyone notice?

If you read the articles posted to USAToday or on the ESPN website about this fiasco, take a look a the comments being made.  Lots of folks are delighted at what is happening here and the possible impact to the Patriots.  I've seen comparisons to Ray Lewis, too.  Interesting how polarizing the Patriots are as a successful organization and how, apparently, fans across the country relish bad news about this organization.  No one knows the "real" news on what is going on, unfortunately.  Hopefully, it is the police and the DA being what they are in their attempts solve a crime involving a high profile athlete implying they "may" have a hand in it.  But, he didn't help things with some of the stuff he did if the reports are correct. All in all, there are plenty of folks who are giddy about this news.

EFEM ALL!  The truth is, great teams with quality leadership understand how to use these types of events to close ranks, instill an "Its us against the world" mantra, and GALVONIZE their teams with laser purpose and focus.  I know this is "cliche" 99% of the time, but not in this situation! Its real, somebody died, they lost a member of their family who they love, guilty or not! The amound of blood, sweat and tears they shared through the dog days of camp and the grooling seasons together bumping heads sometimes three times a day, builds a connection. Now they move forward with the realest of chips, and a family loss. Good luck to those who step in their way this season. These BOYS ARE MAD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Team rivalries being what they are fans from opposing cities will always be happy when something hurts the rival.   It would happen if someone was arrested anywhere.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I read a few articles and comments as well and one thing is obvious, there are a lot of people out there who have nothing better to do than spew hatred on the internet. I just wonder how many of these folks would be so brave if they were in public. The internet anonymity certainly makes many very brazen. Certainly on BDC we've enough of this same hatred and name calling going on daily. Athletes who are either having bad poor seasons, out injured, etc being referred to as bums, etc. I find it all a bit disgusting.

Of course the tabloid press both here in Boston and around the country make it all the worse. The media writers are like vultures just waiting for thier next meal, publishing inuendo as fact consistently and all too many of us buy into it as if what the media writes is fact. It is all a pathetic.  

Hetch

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Irish...  The fact the success continues, even when players have this stuff happen, aggravates the haters more!  Imagine how they felt when the Pats still went 11 - 5 the year Brady was out all season?  They must have thought a losing season was at hand.  Goes to show how good the team is with Kraft and BB at the helm.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

They sure are.  What's up witht the national media hating murderers all of the sudden.  It's like they are looking for justice - or at least for a millionair murdering thug not to walk away free like OJ. 

Even in a situation like this, patsie fan arrogance is beyond comprehension.  Note to patsie fans - it's not all about you.

Sad thing is, the only enjoyment NY Jets fans have experienced over the past 40 years is any negative press surrounding the Pats.  Pathetic, really.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Troll invasion on the front burner threads. Don't feed 'em. I now taunting is a sport in itself. But really skimming bottom feeders who take the time to come here and bait fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

CatfishHunter is correct. We should remember the comments made by Pats fans about other teams when those organizations and players get into trouble, before we whine too loudly.

Living well is the best revenge.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Things like this Hernandez thing is just one of the things that get me excited about every season.  How are the Pats to respond now without Hern?  

How will all these new receivers contribute?

How will the running game be used? 

Will the defense be improved? 

Which rookies will contribute?  

I'm ready for some Patriots football with or without Hernandez or Welker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Even more so now......

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Sections
Shortcuts