Thigh Gate Takes New Turn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Thigh Gate Takes New Turn

Will Rogie Goodell finally step up and be consistent?  This is actually cheating DURING on field competition, so let's see if Goodell understands how dumb he would look not penalizing the Jets when a memo was sent out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5919573

Hmm:

"On Monday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported the NFL will send a memo to all 32 clubs as a reminder that they should adhere to league rules that require players, coaches and other personnel to remain the proper distance from the sidelines."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Thigh Gate Takes New Turn

Funny! because normal teams need to be reminded that the coaching staff can't take out players running down the white sideline stripes.

Coming soon....a memo from Roger reminding teams that you cannot throw a hand grenade into your opponents huddle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

bahwhaha

That's what makes Goodell such a phony. 

The evidence is clear that they were ordered to do that.  And now when a coach cheap shots a player?

He doesn't even fine the team for being responsible for that?

And who is Steve Tasker kidding in that article?  At least it's not filming? Really, Steve?

So, when Buffalo filmed the Pats for years when you played, that wasn't an issue when you played.  But, now it is.  Something legal, allowed by the NFL on a week by week basis during games is somehow WORSE than this?

Also, tripping or attempting to injure, channelingn Woody Hayes, is somehow less egregious?

Laughable.

This little tool for the Jets is a disgrace to the NFL and "fair competition", right Rogie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

This is EXACTLY why the Pats lost a first round pick. A memo was sent out to all teams to stop taping from the sidelines as all teams were doing it, and BB kept doing it...... so now this memo was sent out and the Jets did it anyway and even had a coach trip a player..... this isnt the pats or steelers so my guess is because it is the jets or colts nothing will happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Gee filming from the wrong location = 500G fine and the loss of of a 1st round pick.

Standing in the wrong location and intentionally inflecting harm on an opposing player = a stern memo to all teams about proper sideline management...?

* did I miss something here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It seems there may be more to it than originally thought.

Just another example of the Jets organizations looking for other means to win. The fact is they can't do it on the field with their offense and defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajorme. Show ajorme's posts

I really wish people would stop referring to things as "X Gate". Watergate was never about water.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HARD TO IMAGINE WHY ANYONE WOULD EVER EXPECT GOODELL TO GOVERN THE NFL WITH CONSISTENCY OR EQUITY,HE CERTAINLY HAS NOT IN THE PAST.TO MANY OF US,HE HAS BEEN THE ANTITHESIS OF BOTH CONSISTENCY AND EQUITY AND HIS PERFORMANCE TO DATE COULD BE USED TO EVIDENCE THAT HE COULD BE THE WORST COMMISSIONER OF ANY PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE AND PERHAPS FOR FOR QUITE SOME TIME.   P.S.--SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS BUT MY 6 YEAR OLD KEYBOARD HAS DECIDED THAT I SHALT NOT RELEASE THE CAPS LOCK.I'M GOING TO FIGHT THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING FRENZY RIGHT NOW IN SEARCH OF A NEW ONE,AND IT WAS ABOUT TIME I DID.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

In Response to Re: Thigh Gate Takes New Turn:
    I really wish people would stop referring to things as "X Gate". Watergate was never about water.
    Posted by ajorme

Please, don't be so ignorant. The Democratic offices were burgled in a hotel in Washington DC...the Watergate Hotel.....jees

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Thigh Gate Takes New Turn : Please, don't be so ignorant. The Democratic offices were burgled in a hotel in Washington DC...the Watergate Hotel.....jees
    Posted by harleyroadking11

Thanks for the history lesson.

I think it's laughs that Nixon and his boys burgled the commie's offices.  I'd volunteer for just such a mission maniana.

As for thigh gate, I want to know if Rex ordered the CODE RED.  Did he tell those boys to actively impede the gunners.  If so they lose a pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

If you look at the video again the guy next to Alosi tried to give Carroll a shoulder.   Don't know if this has already come out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You can't look at the way those guys are toed-up to the line, foot to foot and completely stoic (practically braced for impact) as the play approaches -- and tell me that is not a formation. Whether it's a common deployment of Ryan's or not (I believe it is; he's saying it isn't) is immaterial. If that group of guy's came up with it on their own . . .  or whatever . . .  this notion that Assholi's actions were spur-of-the-moment, and the he simply "wasn't thinking", is utter nonsense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

You can't look at the way those guys are toed-up to the line, foot to foot and completely stoic (practically braced for impact) as the play approaches -- and tell me that is not a formation. Whether it's a common deployment of Ryan's or not (I believe it is; he's saying it isn't) is immaterial. If that group of guy's came up with it on their own . . .  or whatever . . .  this notion that Assholi's actions were spur-of-the-moment, and the he simply "wasn't thinking", is utter nonsense.
    Posted by p-mike

Totally agree, Mike. There was no effort to step back, whatsoever. I contest that the guy next to Aholi efforted to lean into the player, as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Thigh Gate Takes New Turn:
    Will Rogie Goodell finally step up and be consistent?  This is actually cheating DURING on field competition, so let's see if Goodell understands how dumb he would look not penalizing the Jets when a memo was sent out: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5919573 Hmm: "On Monday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported the NFL will send a memo to all 32 clubs as a reminder that they should adhere to league rules that require players, coaches and other personnel to remain the proper distance from the sidelines."
    Posted by BBReigns

Perhaps, they should lose THEIR #1 draft pick?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I hope the press and the commissioner's office pursue this matter with half as much diligence that they devoted to investigating the Pats' ridiculous taping incident.

To say there was no master plan in place is absurd. Someone orchestrated and organized that wall of coaches on the sideline. No way was it just coincidence that they were all standing there that way, physically prepared for contact.

To call the taping cheating is a stretch. After all, it was OK to watch the practices, just not to tape them. To me, that was splitting hairs. But, this was an entirely different kettle of fish. Its hard to think of any more aggregious act of cheating than having your coaches actively and physically attacking opposing players during the course of a game.

Start with taking the jests #1 pick and assigning it to miami. Next, ban the coach from the NFL for life and, if it is proven that he acted at fatboy's direction, lifetime ban for him, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: Thigh Gate Takes New Turn : Thanks for the history lesson. I think it's laughs that Nixon and his boys burgled the commie's offices.  I'd volunteer for just such a mission maniana. As for thigh gate, I want to know if Rex ordered the CODE RED.  Did he tell those boys to actively impede the gunners.  If so they lose a pick. 
    Posted by knightsailor

Now I know you a ret#rd. I suppose you think fox news is real news!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/14/jets-deny-claim-that-sal-alosi-others-instructed-to-block-sidel/

Interesting...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well one thing is for sure ... we need to put a big asterisk next to each of the Jets' victories since Rex took over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

According to Zack Thomas, who I respect, the Jets may have had a "sideline" formation use to influence the field of play.

It appears as if this tactic is en vogue around the league....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

When did we New Englanders get so overly sensitive to a little criticism??  I find it amazing that this conversation is still has a pulse. As if "The Knee" somehow proves the Patriots were innocent, or at the very least angels in the eyes of America once more. 

Did the whole video taping incident in 2007 give you all PTSD??!  My goodness, people.  This team is 11-2 and all you want is vengeance from the torture by a selective few!  I'm beginning to think this area of fandom is drunk on success and just full of itself!!

Let the Patriots prove their dominance on the field.  To HE-"double hockey sticks" with the rest of the country, the national media, "trolls" ( I have yet to see who these people are), and instigators. 

You're foolish to think good times will live on forever. Take it in and enjoy this dynasty now!  I was young once like you and thought the Celtics would always contend.

Let the Jet fans worry about their fraud team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Thigh Gate Takes New Turn : Thanks for the history lesson. I think it's laughs that Nixon and his boys burgled the commie's offices.  I'd volunteer for just such a mission maniana. As for thigh gate, I want to know if Rex ordered the CODE RED.  Did he tell those boys to actively impede the gunners.  If so they lose a pick. 
    Posted by knightsailor

Go away you teenage LOSER.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Man, The Jets Be Trippin'.................Litterally...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Posted by p-mike

Exactly, this a point they brought up on Around the Horn last night, these guys were standing there together, shoulder to shoulder, just behind the line. Someone obviously had them staked there and said there should be an League Investigation. BTW BB I love this "Thigh Gate"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts