Thighgate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Thighgate!

What should be the penalty for a coach interfering with play on the field? I say this coach should be banned from coaching from the sideline and fined. I also think the Jets should be docked either a cash fine or a draft choice for his actions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Thighgate!

In Response to Thighgate!:
    [QUOTE]What should be the penalty for a coach interfering with play on the field? I say this coach should be banned from coaching from the sideline and fined. I also think the Jets should be docked either a cash fine or a draft choice for his actions.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Having to read every single post Rusty every posted.  All 100,000 of them. Cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I dunno, that was pretty bad,

Lucky he didn't seriously hurt the player.

Suspension and fine....  doesn't warrant losing a draft pick, but if the leagues gonna clamp down on dirty hits from players, the coaches should be held to the same standards....

When I saw it, I was like, man thats real low, even for a Jets coach.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I think he should be banned, in fact I'm surprised nothing has come down about it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Thighgate!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thighgate! : Having to read every single post Rusty every posted.  All 100,000 of them.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Hi there, Phatty!  Chose your old trusty "Patsman2" moniker today, eh?

lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Thighgate!:
    [QUOTE]What should be the penalty for a coach interfering with play on the field? I say this coach should be banned from coaching from the sideline and fined. I also think the Jets should be docked either a cash fine or a draft choice for his actions.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

That was kinda crazy.  Was it roid rage?  The guy probly wishes he could be on the field with the players.  I think it was a spur of the moment instinct reaction.  I don't think there was any pre-meditation or intent involed.  I'd have to know a little more about the guy's body of work before I would start calling for his head to roll.

If he was smart he would have said "I was bracing myself for the contact that I saw as inevitable".

Can you imagine how huge this story would be if the kick returner had run up that side for a TD?????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

The only thing I can say in the moron's defense is it happened a yard off of the playing field.  I think the league should so nothing as long as the Jets fire the idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]I dunno, that was pretty bad, Lucky he didn't seriously hurt the player. Suspension and fine....  doesn't warrant losing a draft pick, but if the leagues gonna clamp down on dirty hits from players, the coaches should be held to the same standards.... When I saw it, I was like, man thats real low, even for a Jets coach.....
    Posted by patswirelessfan[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  This was much, much worse than a dirty hit from a player.  A player is on the field expecting to hit the opposing players.  Sometimes, what starts out as a normal play turns into a "dirty hit".  A coach, on the other hand, has absolutely NO excuse for making contact with an opposing player.  That coach should not only be banned from the sidelines.  He should be banned from the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How is this guy not fired yet?  He's a trainer and he's delivering cheap shots on the sidelines?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Try to remember who the commissioner used to work for. I love the 'league is investigating' line. How long does it take to watch the video?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I know. Hilarious.

"Umm, yes, give us some time. We need to investigate the video even though it's plain as day what happened.

Thanks for your patience during this difficult Monday."

- Rogie Goodell and Merton Hanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

The commish will let this one slide, it is a JustEmptyTheStadium coach you know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

If the dolphin player wanted to he would be able to take legal action against that jets coach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

Some people might call it assault.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I can't make up my mind if he should be fined, suspended or banned. But since Goodell favors the Jets, I suspect little or nothing will happen to the guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Investigation might involve determining whether or not the jets staff members are "coached" to interfere or not.  It looked to me like they were lined up pretty good all along the sideline, as close as you could possibly be to the playing field.  Many times the gunner is pushed out of bounds on those type of plays & perhaps it has been suggested they stand there & try to impede the progress of the gunner.  Of course this particular loser went a little too far w/ it.  So maybe a penalty would be in order for both the team and the player if the league were to determine it was coached as part of a strategy on their part.  Just as an unbiased observer, I would suggest perhaps forfeiture of their #1 draft pick might be appropriate?  lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

so, now that he made an apology, basically admitting that he's an idiot, who thinks Goodell wil let him off the hook? His statement said he would accept and honor any punishment handed down. Who will be fisrt? The Jets or the commish?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think the most interesting part of this story is that the player's mother is the Lieutenant Governor-elect of Florida.

Anyway, the guy screwed up and I realize he's with the hated Jets. He should be fined, suspended, whatever, but I'm not ready to crucify him. It was just a bone-headed heat of the moment thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

allright, i was over at profootballtalk.com & I see that Mike Florio has posted a theory similar to the one I suggested, that its possible the Jets teach their assistants a strategy of forming a human wall along the sideline to impede the progress of the gunner.  As a disclaimer, I didn't read his theory until after I posted here.  But it did look that way to me when I was watching the replays....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/alosi-says-he-hasnt-heard-from-the-league-yet/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Wow, I read a lot of the comments and there seems to be a lot of animosity to Rex! They can't all be just Patriots fans. The "classy" thing would be for him to resign. But he works for the Jests, so you know that's not going to happen! Someone should bring up that these guys are a hazard to player safety. Then maybe the league would be forced into taking action. I suspect it will be like anything else done by the Jests, swept under Goodell's rug!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I still don't see it as worse than Albert Haynesworth a couple of years ago stomping on someone's head, Michael Vick's torture and killing of dogs or the ultimate inhumane cruel act of the 85 Bears making the Super Bowl shuffle music video.

He will get fired, he is one of the little people and little people can not get away with this crap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]allright, i was over at profootballtalk.com & I see that Mike Florio has posted a theory similar to the one I suggested, that its possible the Jets teach their assistants a strategy of forming a human wall along the sideline to impede the progress of the gunner.  As a disclaimer, I didn't read his theory until after I posted here.  But it did look that way to me when I was watching the replays.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/alosi-says-he-hasnt-heard-from-the-league-yet/
    Posted by sportstalk[/QUOTE]

I too noticed that those assistants were oddly lined up there like a wall right up to the inch where they are allowed.  I didn't really put 2 and 2 together though.  If it's within the rules then hey maybe we should look at it (lol). 

This theory hints at pre-meditation of the act.  Were they told to impede the gunners if possible?  If they did it with their arms they could say they were just trying to protect themselves and the player.  I don't think Rex thinks far enough ahead for this to be the case (when he thinks ahead he only thinks of winning the superbowl not actually about the things you must do to get there).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Let him stay on the sidelines so Rapistburger and Whines Hard can do an out pattern on him like in the Waterboy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I read a lot of the comments and there seems to be a lot of animosity to Rex! They can't all be just Patriots fans. The " classy " thing would be for him to resign. But he works for the Jests, so you know that's not going to happen! Someone should bring up that these guys are a hazard to player safety. Then maybe the league would be forced into taking action. I suspect it will be like anything else done by the Jests, swept under Goodell's rug!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Does anybody else find it a little odd that there was a camera fixed and trained on that spot on the side line?  Don't they usually focus on the kick, the ball, the catch, the wedge, and the return?  Could it be that this has occured before off camera, and someone tipped off the camera folks?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It tells you all you need to know about Green New Jersey that the team has taken no action and made no statement. I keep hearing how it's "lucky" that the player wasn't hurt, but I'm not seeing how that changes the intent of the action. The kid could have been hurt. There are rules in place to protect players' knees on the field. This, from my perspective, was a clear intent to injure.

And please, do not hand me this "spur of the moment" bullsh*t.

That was a premeditated act. The coach should -- at the very least -- be suspended for the remainder of the season, including any potential playoff games, and forfeit his pro-rated salary for that period; and the team should be fined by the league for taking no action of its own volition to distance itself from this jack@ss.

Of course, we all know where Goodell's bread is buttered, so none of those things will happen.