Things are set up nicely for NE to find some quality FA values in the coming days.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Things are set up nicely for NE to find some quality FA values in the coming days.

Think about it.  There is a bung of quality corners still unsigned.  This will help NE resign Talib for cheaper, or sign a couple of other corners.  Whichever direction they go, it will be below market value almost for sure.  Also, Welker, Talib, and Vollmer are all still available.  This is a good sign for the possibility of resigning them.  Plenty of pass rushers still available too.  I'm also holding out hope for Brandon Gibson or David Nelson.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Things are set up nicely for NE to find some quality FA values in the coming days.

Isn't free agency great since thy got the rookies on a wage scale?   That's dropped the prices of fa's. they can be replaced by trading up now.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Things are set up nicely for NE to find some quality FA values in the coming days.

I'm not so sure on Vollmer yet.

Levitre is a guard and got a huge payday.

if someone views Vollmer as a LT, I think he might be gone.

cb market is paying nicely though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey, I just want to see them spend to the cap once in three seasons - let this be the one. But something tells me they're all sitting in Kraft's office right now looking at eachother thinking...well we didn't sign anybody and really when we have Brady, do we have to? I mean let's face it, we haven't signed anyone in three years and he's fixed a lot of short comings...so why panick? We'll sign Wes, everyone will be happy, then we'll sign a bunch of guys that we can call 2nd tiers. We'll tell everyone, that everyone ELSE overpaid and will be in salary cap hell soon enough. Brady will get us to the playoffs where one of these future salary cap hell teams will punch us in the face...it'll end in bitter disappointment, but in the end we are smarter than everyone else...right little Jonathan?

BOOM - Belichick walks out the room realizing that if he had Brady when he was in Cleveland, they would of named one of the lakes after him by now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I'm not so sure on Vollmer yet.

Levitre is a guard and got a huge payday.

if someone views Vollmer as a LT, I think he might be gone.

cb market is paying nicely though.

Agree.  Vollmer's return is far from a sure thing.  I hope we can keep him, but we can't and won't overpay.  I really like how the CB market is shaping up too.  There are still some very good Safety's available as well, and Pass Rushers.  We will be stronger coming out of FA.  It's funny how people panic when we don't immediately throw 10 and 12 million dollar contracts at Big Name guys within the first hour of Free Agency.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pats free agency course this season is going about as well as they did 2 years ago when they sat on their wallets and then eventually signed Haynesworth and Ocho!  Low risk, high reward!  As it turned out... High risk, no reward.  Now c'mon Patriots, get out and sign a few quality guys instead of several "project" players.  They seem to be in love with getting a handful of crap and throwing it against a wall and see what sticks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm still mad they let Thomas get away. Thought he could fill in when needed, close to being a starter!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm still mad they let Thomas get away. Thought he could fill in when needed, close to being a starter!!

That's not really their fault. Guy wanted to be a full time starter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

That's not really their fault. Guy wanted to be a full time starter

They let him get away.  No offer on the table?  Lowball offer on the table?  Now they have another position to fill.  I thought Thomas did well and could have worked his way as a starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm tired of the Patriots getting value, value hasn't worked out well in NE lately, can we please try quality players this year during FA?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm tired of the Patriots getting value, value hasn't worked out well in NE lately, can we please try quality players this year during FA?

Value is what brought us guys like Keith Traylor, Christian Fauria, Bryan Cox, Anthony Pleasant, Antowain Smith, Roman Phifer, David Patten, Mike Vrabel and Rodney Harrison and there are easily more.  Do you think we win 3 SBs without these guys?  The Patriots never made big splashes in FA even when we were winning SBs and with the exception of Adalius Thomas and sort of Roosevelt Colvin they haven't made big splashes since BB has been here.  There are still lots of quality guys available in the secondary which is where everyone thinks we are hurting the most.  Relax imo.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

"The Pats free agency course this season is going about as well as they did 2 years ago when they sat on their wallets and then eventually signed Haynesworth and Ocho!  Low risk, high reward!  As it turned out... High risk, no reward.  Now c'mon Patriots, get out and sign a few quality guys instead of several "project" players.  They seem to be in love with getting a handful of crap and throwing it against a wall and see what sticks."

I'm sure you're referring to the offseason where they picked up All Pro Brian Waters, Andre Carter (10 sacks in 14 games) and Mark Anderson (10 sacks in the regular season and 2.5 in the postseason).  Those are the free agents they also got two years ago when they "sat on their wallets."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am reading that there may be some issues with Vollmer passing a physical at this point. He may need 3-6 weeks recovery to pass, so he may linger for a while

Sections
Shortcuts