Things Tim tebow will do this sunday

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Things Tim tebow will do this sunday

Am I a "sanctimonious" believer for having ignored this OP?
    I figured I'd open this thread and found that I couldn't read what he wrote...lol...and I didn't take him off ignore.

Tell me if I'm missing anything important...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I voted dirty dancing.

Does anybody remember Rothlisberger thanking his saviour, Jesus Christ, after he was in his first SB win?  He had a terrible game, so I guess he had to thank somebody.  I cringed.  If there is a god, why would he care about who wins a game between two teams full of Christians?

Anyway, we know the real Big Ben now, don't we? 

Remember Brittney Spears first public persona? Of a virtuous, pure, dedicated virgin Christian.  She pushed that image for years.  We found out later that she was no virgin and she had no virtue during that period of her career, as Justin Timberlake so informed us, among others.  Fact was, she was dirtier-than-average for her teen age.

Anyway, we know the real Brittany Spears, don't we?

You can lather-rinse-repeat this storyline ad-nauseum.  Sandusky raping kids.  Mother Theresa misappropriating donation funds.  Mark Foley bedding teenage page boys.  Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.  

I estimate a 50/50 chance we will somebody learn of some pretty ugly skeleton of hypocrisy in Tebow's closet.

History has taught us that those that preach loudest of their virtue usually seem to have the least virtue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree with chrisakawoody

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

He will kneel. 

Well, he does every week.....

He will lose despite kneeling.  This will be a new experience for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I just dont like the creepy way he  stares into peoples eyes when he talks.

I understand you are supposed to look people in the eyes.

Before the game against the Bears, he went up to Von Miller and was giving him a pep talk and seemed to be glazing into his eyes like you would to your wife before saying "I DO"

I am not saying anything, just that it was wierd and I wouldve told him to back up...lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to Re: Things Tim tebow will do this sunday:
    [QUOTE]He will kneel.  Well, he does every week..... He will lose despite kneeling.  This will be a new experience for him.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

He will kneel alright......to TB12!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not much. Patriots shutdown Tebow time simlar to what Lions did.

patriots win 51-12

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lose and come out of the closet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Disregard the Fourth Commandment and work on the Sabbath?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Probably run over our WR whos playing safety, and go 10 for 10 throwing at McCourty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]Disregard the Fourth Commandment and work on the Sabbath?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    Excellent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dumb thread. Pats win 31-19

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Probably run over our WR whos playing safety, and go 10 for 10 throwing at McCourty
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

I hope not, but wouldn't be shocked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Philippians 2:3 
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, 

but in humility consider others better than yourselves. (NIV)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

He will have his best day as a passer in his career...20/32 for 276 for 2 td's and 1 int.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things Tim tebow will do this sunday : Ah, the tolerant left strikes again.  You conveniently left out Bill Clinton (I never...), Al Gore (enriched by his global warming scam), Barney Frank (Freddie and Fannie are just fine) and Barack O'Bozo (gee I never heard Rev Wright's hate speech before).  How about John Lennon preaching love and peace, while he was often a vicious jerk.  Lack of character and hypocrisy is not confined to the devout.   Tebow may end up failing,  but so far he is just a kid that keeps succeeding when everyone tells him he can't.  Sure don't remember Ali getting this much hate directed his way for his outward Muslim religious beliefs, and he was a much more unlikable guy than Tebow (haven't heard Tebow call any of his black opponents "gorilla" like Ali called Frazier).
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

I agree with some of your post.  

Lennon was a troubled, scarred hypocrite. One of those complicated people who did a massive amount of good on a global scale to compensate for the minor amount of bad he did on a personal level.

Clinton is scum, personally and politically.  I would call him a social liberal.  But I sure would not call him a law-and-order liberal, nor a socio-economic/business liberal.  He is a full-on Free Trade, pro-Big Biz conservative, as is widely known in The Beltway.  Don't kid yourself otherwise.  If you don't know this, then you really don't know much about American policy making.

Frank was always a bit sleazy in his personal life (affair with teen assistant, affair with a prostitute) and definitely protected Fannie and Freddie execs, probably pay-back for donations. (I worked in the mortgage biz for 13 years.  His mortgage rate was probably not a favor, as is alleged.  It was just a refi for a millionaire, who qualified well.  Even a half-point will only save you a couple of thousand in a year on a loan that is typically carried for less than five years.  Seriously doubt he was motivated toward corruption for that, when he could have legally gotten donations under specific campaign finance laws.)

I have no idea about Mother Theresa's politics. 

But I don't see where I introduced politics in my post.  That is all on you.  I was referring to Christians that have built their legacy on publicly protesting their piety and superiority, while secretly living shamefully and hypocritically.  

So, I don't know if Big Ben is liberal, conservative or disinterested. I know he praised Jesus for his SB win.

We know Brittney was a conservative, loving Bush and all.  I think she has since given that up.  But I know she bragged about her Christian values, putting herself forward as the ideal for all teen Bible Belt girls.

As for Ali,  you must kidding if you don't think he was harshly and widely persecuted for his Muslim belief.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Disregard the Fourth Commandment and work on the Sabbath?

The Sabbath is on saturday.  Sunday is the first day of the week.  Look it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I just dont like the creepy way he  stares into peoples eyes when he talks. I understand you are supposed to look people in the eyes. Before the game against the Bears, he went up to Von Miller and was giving him a pep talk and seemed to be glazing into his eyes like you would to your wife before saying "I DO" I am not saying anything, just that it was wierd and I wouldve told him to back up...lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Glazed into his eyes like you would your wife before saying "I DO"...I love it - hilarious!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things Tim tebow will do this sunday : The Sabbath is on saturday.  Sunday is the first day of the week.  Look it up.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Huh, didn't know St Timothy was Jewish . . . 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things Tim tebow will do this sunday : Huh, didn't know St Timothy was Jewish . . . 

Apparently, he is ALL things.