Things will be happening anyday now....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Things will be happening anyday now....

If the Patriots want to clear space for free agency the time is coming to do so.

Restructures and extensions will be coming out soon, right? Last year around this time Brady got his 3yr 27m extension.

24 more days until FA opens.

The looming cloud on who will be cut, restructured and extended will be here sooner rather than later.

I can't wait to see what decisions BB makes for this team going forward

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Things will be happening anyday now....

Yeah it should be any day now that we hear what's going on with Vince, I magine there are a lot of things being discussed right now...should be very interesting. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yep, we will know the fate of Vince, Gregory, Wilson, Connolly, Kelly on whether they will be here or not and we will see if Mankins & mayo get restructured and if McCourty will get an extension.

any football activity excites me at this point with the sports world being relatively dull

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, we will know the fate of Vince, Gregory, Wilson, Connolly, Kelly on whether they will be here or not and we will see if Mankins & mayo get restructured and if McCourty will get an extension.

any football activity excites me at this point with the sports world being relatively dull

[/QUOTE]

my question is when does Bellichick call Rusty to get his input and guidance

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm gonna go with never..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm gonna go with never..

[/QUOTE]

haha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Monday starts first day for franchise designations

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Always a very interesting time of year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Around the same time Coughlin calls for yours!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On what? Best insane asylum accommodations.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well the 17th is when you can officially tag someone so I think the NFL doesn't allow extensions or reworks to be announced prior to then. With the combine the 19-25th I wouldn't expect too much to be done immediately, unless something was previously worked out as most teams will be busy watching the rooks. Esp, NE who's GM is the coach and doesn't have time to work out new deals while looking at new players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Vw is a head scratcher. Do we wait and see how he rehabs? Do we gamble on his health and extend him(what if he just can't get his 360 pound frame on that achilles ever again? ) We do need the cap space and certainly can't let him play at 12 million...we might just cut him and risk resigning him later?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vw is a head scratcher. Do we wait and see how he rehabs? Do we gamble on his health and extend him(what if he just can't get his 360 pound frame on that achilles ever again? ) We do need the cap space and certainly can't let him play at 12 million...we might just cut him and risk resigning him later?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we can or will wait. By that time the draft will be over and any FA worth his salt will be gobbled up.

i think we do something ASAP on Vince. given he is a vested vet I can see bb and him working something out. How that plays out...cutting and resigning over the summer or a restructure sooner is anyone's guess. Like you said, something has to be done and it will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

yeah poor couglin could use someone's insight why the jints get eli-mimated from the playoffs two years in a row

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

[/QUOTE]

anohter +1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we can or will wait. By that time the draft will be over and any FA worth his salt will be gobbled up.

i think we do something ASAP on Vince. given he is a vested vet I can see bb and him working something out. How that plays out...cutting and resigning over the summer or a restructure sooner is anyone's guess. Like you said, something has to be done and it will.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the extension we can protect against injury, like games pkayed etc...vets like VW probably don't take kind to that though. I think extending vw andmdmc are the priorities.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the extension we can protect against injury, like games pkayed etc...vets like VW probably don't take kind to that though. I think extending vw andmdmc are the priorities.

[/QUOTE]

the extension itself would be the protection. His base this year would convert to bonus and the rest would be base. If he doesn't perform you release and only have to count remaining bonus which would have to be counted at some point anyways, unless you release him this year. But what's the point of a release and resign if you still have to count $3.5mil this year and most likely other teams would give in the range of his remaining base this year over 2-3 years anyways? That's the thing, imo most teams would give Wilfork 2-3yrs at $3mil with half guaranteed to see what they can get. So if you convert his base to bonus and give him $1mil a year base over 3yrs you are essentially giving what the market from other teams would give will retaining Wilfork at a cost of taking on ~$2.5mil additional guaranteed risk over those other teams. That's better then the dead money we usually take on from players like Lloyd or Ocho or Fanene so it's hard to say well that's too much risk and at the same time try to justify those contracts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Vince is rehabbing at the stadium and is ahead of schedule. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I get the sense that with VW something will be worked out where he can stay and finish his career here.  I've heard him say on a number of occasions that he doesn't "want it to end like this", so I get the sense he's motivated to get back on the field.   I think VW is one of those players that should retire here.  If I had to bet, I'd guess he'll restructure and that the Pats will ask him to. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the extension itself would be the protection. His base this year would convert to bonus and the rest would be base. If he doesn't perform you release and only have to count remaining bonus which would have to be counted at some point anyways, unless you release him this year. But what's the point of a release and resign if you still have to count $3.5mil this year and most likely other teams would give in the range of his remaining base this year over 2-3 years anyways? That's the thing, imo most teams would give Wilfork 2-3yrs at $3mil with half guaranteed to see what they can get. So if you convert his base to bonus and give him $1mil a year base over 3yrs you are essentially giving what the market from other teams would give will retaining Wilfork at a cost of taking on ~$2.5mil additional guaranteed risk over those other teams. That's better then the dead money we usually take on from players like Lloyd or Ocho or Fanene so it's hard to say well that's too much risk and at the same time try to justify those contracts.

[/QUOTE]

Imo you are 100% correct and I expect an announcement in the next 3 weeks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well the 17th is when you can officially tag someone so I think the NFL doesn't allow extensions or reworks to be announced prior to then. With the combine the 19-25th I wouldn't expect too much to be done immediately, unless something was previously worked out as most teams will be busy watching the rooks. Esp, NE who's GM is the coach and doesn't have time to work out new deals while looking at new players

[/QUOTE]

that is a good piont but this was the time last year TB got his extension. BB might be all over the board scouting at the combine and doing his GM role as well

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vince is rehabbing at the stadium and is ahead of schedule. 

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean he's out of bed?   That fat Bastid is done.  Now for the next three years Queenie will use that as an excuse as to why the DL blows.

Sections
Shortcuts