Things will be happening anyday now....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Things will be happening anyday now....

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Vw is a head scratcher. Do we wait and see how he rehabs? Do we gamble on his health and extend him(what if he just can't get his 360 pound frame on that achilles ever again? ) We do need the cap space and certainly can't let him play at 12 million...we might just cut him and risk resigning him later?

Before the injury Vince played in 4-games and accumulated 4-Tackles and 5-assists for a whopping average of 2-tackles combined per game. Unless we expect VW to be better after his rehab than he was before he got hurt, IT IS TIME to move on as he wasn't worth the money as a player on the field before he tore it. 66% of the players who suffer an achillies never make it back. Vince is 33-yrs old, 320lbs!!! IF he gets back and IF he is willing to make it a rediculously team friendly restructuring of his deal, then maybe keep him for short term depth. Ideally, Vince remains on the team as a coach and we are able to access his great leadership still. Otherwise, THANKS FOR THE GREAT MEMORIES VINCE, WE LOVE YOU!!! Unfortunately, we have seen the last of the VW from the good ole' days.

He sprained his ankle in Week 1 early in the game in Buffalo, which is why he was being pulled on and off. He wasn't sure if he could go or not. People called it "managing"his reps and it was Week 1. lol

No, he had an ankle injury.

He ended up on the injury report officially by Week 3.  The Achilles came in Week 4.

I am not sure if the ankle weakness is tied to the Achilles, but let's not confuse a sprained ankle, low or high, for a large man like that with him somehow losing his skills or technique all of a sudden.

We've just been spoiled with his incredible durability.

Great point. So, if an ankle sprain affected him this way at 32, can anyone imagine how a torn achillies will affect him at teh age of 33? OH, lets not forget that his conditioning and eating habits would have ahd to dramatically change for this 320ib man to simply maintain 320ibs with his inability to do any REAL cardio conditioning now. Its an uphill climb for a 350lb man. NO WAY HE IS EVER A FACTOR AGAIN. But, I could be wrong...........

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Vw is a head scratcher. Do we wait and see how he rehabs? Do we gamble on his health and extend him(what if he just can't get his 360 pound frame on that achilles ever again? ) We do need the cap space and certainly can't let him play at 12 million...we might just cut him and risk resigning him later?

Before the injury Vince played in 4-games and accumulated 4-Tackles and 5-assists for a whopping average of 2-tackles combined per game. Unless we expect VW to be better after his rehab than he was before he got hurt, IT IS TIME to move on as he wasn't worth the money as a player on the field before he tore it. 66% of the players who suffer an achillies never make it back. Vince is 33-yrs old, 320lbs!!! IF he gets back and IF he is willing to make it a rediculously team friendly restructuring of his deal, then maybe keep him for short term depth. Ideally, Vince remains on the team as a coach and we are able to access his great leadership still. Otherwise, THANKS FOR THE GREAT MEMORIES VINCE, WE LOVE YOU!!! Unfortunately, we have seen the last of the VW from the good ole' days.

He sprained his ankle in Week 1 early in the game in Buffalo, which is why he was being pulled on and off. He wasn't sure if he could go or not. People called it "managing"his reps and it was Week 1. lol

He ended up on the injury report officially by Week 3.  The Achilles came in Week 4.

I am not sure if the ankle weakness is tied to the Achilles, but let's not confuse a sprained ankle, low or high, for a large man like that with him somehow losing his skills or technique all of a sudden.

Great point. So, if an ankle sprain affected him this way at 32, can anyone imagine how a torn achillies will affect him at teh age of 33? OH, lets not forget that his conditioning and eating habits would have ahd to dramatically change for this 320ib man to simply maintain 320ibs with his inability to do any REAL cardio conditioning now. Its an uphill climb for a 350lb man. NO WAY HE IS EVER A FACTOR AGAIN. But, I could be wrong...........

I think you are under-estimating the person.  You can't act like it's a fact or given he won't make it back and be used less and still be effective, even if it's only 1 or 2 downs or vs run based teams, or in short yardage scenarios.

Heck, he might even be better in some ways used less.

Finally, I don't see a difference between age 32 or 33. It's a number. We get it. He's on the backside of his career.

No matter how much the man wants it, there comes a time when physics, science, and nature take over and make it both unrealistic and basically impossible. 33 yr old, 320+lb men who are pushing against other 300+lb men and are putting around 600+lbs of pressure against a rehabbing tendon that was torn is not about the will and desire of the man as much as it is about age and healing ability. Not a fact, but simply the law of averages for younger men with 66% not coming back after the same injury. Possible??? Maybe.......realisitic? NO WAY IN HELL.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Yep, we will know the fate of Vince, Gregory, Wilson, Connolly, Kelly on whether they will be here or not and we will see if Mankins & mayo get restructured and if McCourty will get an extension.

any football activity excites me at this point with the sports world being relatively dull

my question is when does Bellichick call Rusty to get his input and guidance

All Rusty is going to say over and over again is:  " Get rid of Tom Brady NOW!!!".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I think you are under-estimating the person.  You can't act like it's a fact or given he won't make it back and be used less and still be effective, even if it's only 1 or 2 downs or vs run based teams, or in short yardage scenarios.

Finally, I don't see a difference between age 32 or 33. It's a number. We get it. He's on the backside of his career.

No matter how much the man wants it, there comes a time when physics, science, and nature take over and make it both unrealistic and basically impossible. 33 yr old, 320+lb men who are pushing against other 300+lb men and are putting around 600+lbs of pressure against a rehabbing tendon that was torn is not about the will and desire of the man as amuch as it is about age and healing ability. Not a fact, but simply the law of averages for younger men with 66% not coming back after the same injury. Possible??? Maybe.......realisitic? NO WAY IN HELL.

Depends on the degree of the tear. Also, medicine these days is an amazing thing.

We will soon find out, Mr. Negative.

Not being negative. Being realistic knowing the facts of the situation. VW was already slipping before the injury. VW does not get better at 33 after this. Are you saying he does, Mr. Positive?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Child-like bickering aside...

I think Vince will be willing to take a pay cut, I just hope it will be something substantial. A 6 mil pay cut should be ideal.

Isn't it amazing how just about EVERY discussion goes this route?  No one can simply give an opinion, know some will disagree, respond with more points to support your opinion or respectfully counter (without name-calling), agree to disagree and move on.  Someone here always wants to brag "their's is "bigger than yours"!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My two cents:

I can see VW restructuring acknowledging his possible decline in effectiveness with the achilles injury.  He is is better than most and can be an effective leader on the field.  He clogs the middle on run while we are not expecting him to be a pass rusher.

Edelman proved his worth as a better replacement than Amendola for Welker.  He also is an effective punt returner which Amendola is not.  It is all a matter of how much he wants from the Pats.  Does he give them the hometown discount or not.  Also, if Amendola is let go, some money for a stretch the field WR to replace him.

I beleive Talib is back because until he came to the Pats, he was a wild card. In this place he found happiness and can still earn darn good money without the need for a monster contract.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

How about people stop quoting each other 8+ times to save us the scrolling? Thanks.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

No matter how much the man wants it, there comes a time when physics, science, and nature take over and make it both unrealistic and basically impossible. 33 yr old, 320+lb men who are pushing against other 300+lb men and are putting around 600+lbs of pressure against a rehabbing tendon that was torn is not about the will and desire of the man as amuch as it is about age and healing ability. Not a fact, but simply the law of averages for younger men with 66% not coming back after the same injury. Possible??? Maybe.......realisitic? NO WAY IN HELL.

Depends on the degree of the tear. Also, medicine these days is an amazing thing.

We will soon find out, Mr. Negative.

Not being negative. Being realistic knowing the facts of the situation. VW was already slipping before the injury. VW does not get better at 33 after this. Are you saying he does, Mr. Positive?

How was he slipping before the injury? He's been great lately as always. He and Nagata were the two best NTs in football by far for years.  A sprained ankle in Week 1 didnd't change that entering 2013.  

Can you even name a 300 lb player over 30 who had an Achilles injury?

You're not a doctor and don't know the extent of the tear either. Obviously, the more weight someone carries, the longer the rehab, but that doesn't mean it cannot be accomplished.

I did not say he gets better after this, Mr. Reading Comprehension. I said he might be more effective in far less reps, used more strategically.

Oh, I see, your logic seems to be just to argue against my point for the sake of argument then, Mr. Illogical, as you basically agree with what I am saying. VW is not getting better and only sliding in produtivity as he is nearing the end.....You said it!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts