Things You Cant Wait to See in Training Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Things You Cant Wait to See in Training Camp

No real order here:

Garoppolo. Lets see how quickly he can learn the offense over summer. I don't expect much but if he looks good then it shows there is potential.

The WRs. All of them. How is Dobson's foot? Can he make the Year 2 jump and become a legit #1 or 2? Can Amendola outplay Edelman for once? How well does LaFell fit? Is Thompkins on bubble? How is Harrison looking? And can Gallon make this team and produce?

The Defensive Line. Lets see how well Kelly and Vince are coming along. Lets see if the yeti, Armstead, makes an appearance and better yet makes a difference. Can Easley start early in the season? At DE, can Buchanan make the Year 2 jump? How is Will Smith looking? Can maybe Hightowr and Collins maybe play some DE in sub scenarios?

SS. Ryan, Harmon or Chung. Who steps up? I see Ryan as the favorite because he has the best ball skills but I liked what I saw from Harmon last season.

OL. Can Stork compete with Wndell for the starting job? Will Cannon step up and take over the G spot from Connolly. 

And I just want to see Revis in a Patriot uniform. That is gonna be a beautiful day.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: Things You Cant Wait to See in Training Camp

1). Want to see Mccourty step up and be sure he worth the money he will ask for.

2) See who challenges For center and guard

3) How will Boyce and Lavell fit in as WRs

Always Right.....at least in my mind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The TE's - Hooman and Williams won't get it done and anything we get from Gronk past Dec we should count as gravy so lets pray one of these UDFA's is a surprise hidden gem since this core doesn't look any bit improved from that train wreck last year.

The WR's - need to improve by quite a bit. Better route running, better hands, better get off the line. There's a number of things to improve on from last year.

RB's - Can Ridley hold on to the ball? Can Vereen take two steps without getting hurt? Can White be the runner we need to back up both? Lots of question marks there.

DL - What is it going to look like. Other than the starters everything else is up in the air. Heck 2 of those starters are coming of major injures and two of the main backups are also coming off major injures. Injures can not be an excuse this year knowing what we are going in with.

LB - Past the starters who is there? Can a UDFA shine and earn the back up spot or will we rely on a STer or the local bag boy. Not much depth there so lets cross our fingers because the 3 starters can't play 95+% of snaps and expect them to remain at a high level all year.

CB - I want to see Revis. He's like Talib only consistently good all year and will play once the weather gets cold. Funny what happens when you are willing to pay a bit more. Browner is suspended but I don't believe that means he can't practice. I want to see what he looks like. I'm also curious to see if the shift Ryan to a tweener CB/S role depending on money down and where they play Dennard.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm anxious to see if any of the rookie linebackers step up and play like they're ready to contribute immediately.  After our starting three everything else is wide-open there.  I would love to see one or even two of our undrafted free agents make an impact and make the team.  Maybe Morris as an OLB and/or Skinner as an ILB.  (I kinda like what film I've seen of Skinner.  Dude likes to hit.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some good posts going on in this thread.

I'd like to see the kid James White come in and make us all say...wow, he may be our starting running back.

I'd like to see Browner and Revis remind us of what we've been missing for 6 years now...a secondary and defense that can stop people.

I hope they have Jaime Collins playing all over the field, because the kid looks like he could do that.

I hope I hear that Josh Boyce has made a huge leap between year one and two and grabs one of the receiver jobs, because the kid may be the most talent of all of them.

And I'd like to see one of the rookie offensive linemen steal a starting job and improve us along the interior. That would be a good start in my eyes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

1) OL battle

2) DL health

3) WR progression

4) Size/weight of Armstead, Hightower, CHJones

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

*I also want to see "Yeti" Armstead (LOL) make it onto the practice field and see what we've been lead to believe we're missing...the entire D is being transformed with all these additions in personnel so it's positive evolving will be critical. It will take time for all these new guys to gel and play truly effective football.

*I'd love to see the new additions to the O line play well enough in camp to make the 53 man squad - I think it's entirely possible and that Stork can start.

*The RB's...who makes it out of camp? We could see a major turnover (no pun intended) in the Pats "RB by committee" committee  depending upon who protects the ball , who can pass block and pick up blitzers and who can catch passes out of the backfield. Just the basics.

*Coverage LB's? Do we have any, will we sign any veteran FA's or will we run special D and use DB's?

*How many snaps will Garappolo get in camp and preseason games?

*Are the injured ready to go?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

The Return of the injured players... MAYO, VINCE, VOLLMER, KELLY  they are key to this season !!!!

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Players Union pretty much ruined Camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

1) OL battle

2) DL health

3) WR progression

4) Size/weight of Armstead, Hightower, CHJones

I would also say the size of Buchanan is a big one

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

All good posts..

DL...Easley, Easley, Easley the how Vince, Kelly and armstead are progressing from Injury.

WR...we have 11 or so now going to camp...who will emerge? Also curious on Boyce and,if Lafell can pick up the offense quickly enough. Wonder if thompkins makes the roster, dobsone foot and if gallon can make it in favor of slater. Personally I would prefer slater to be carried as a safety and open another spot for a WR/TE who has potential like gallon.

cb...pencil in revis, browner out til game 5...can my pick from last year Logan Ryan surpass Dennard on the depth chart? I think he can..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In no particular order:

1.  Dominique Easley.

2.  Can James White climb to the top of the RB depth chart?

3.  Stork & Halapio vs. Wendell & Connelly.

4.  Jemea Thomas & Shamiel Gary vs. Pat Chung & Tavon Wilson.

5.  How things shake out at WR.

6.  Can James Morris make the team?

7.  Can Jimmy Foxboro unseat Ryan Mallet as the #2?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

BTW...made a huge mistake last night...I watched the highlight film on Steven Houston. He can make the one cut and really hit the hole. He gets his shoulders square when he makes his cut and turns up field. He looks very trim at 230, but lowers his shoulder and delivers punishment. He was not knocked backwards in the 30 minutes of film I watched but certainly that is in realization that it was his highlight film so I'm sure the not very flattering stuff was left off the tape. He seemed to run the same, and reached the same type of success against all conference teams he faced, including Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin. He catches the ball very well out of the backfield and catches the ball with his hands, not his body.

At his pro day he lifted 225 25 times, ran a 4.4 forty and completed an 11 foot broad jump and 40 inch vertical.

This guy will make the 53 man roster if there is any problem with Vereen or Ridley. There is no way he makes it to the PS because some team will snap him right up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The battle for starting spots and roster spots along the O-line is going to be fun to watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

what everybody else said, plus:

Who else will the Pats acquire/pick-up at TE.

Who else will the Pats acquire/pick-up at WR

If Tavon Wilson makes the final cut

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I can't wait to see Revis pick off a Brady pass and it not be a game against the Jets!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

I can't wait to see Revis pick off a Brady pass and it not be a game against the Jets!

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In no particular order:

1.  Dominique Easley.

MB, I think Cannon could be a real candidate to play G over Halapio and Connolly this year... I'd be happy to see Cannon finally make a move but also would love to see Halapio already show so much.. whatever the case, one of the two needs to beat out Connolly

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In no particular order:

1.  Dominique Easley.

6-no he can't

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

who the final 53 are :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

I have to agree with all the Yeti Armstead comments. So curious about that guy. 

Also curious about all of the second year players and who is going to make "the jump". As curious as I am about this years draft class, it's last year's class that will really have a much bigger impact on this season. I have a good feeling about Boyce. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

The safety battle, the O-line battle, Who plays tight end??, James white vs Vareen, WR final cuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Some good posts going on in this thread.

I'd like to see the kid James White come in and make us all say...wow, he may be our starting running back.

I'd like to see Browner and Revis remind us of what we've been missing for 6 years now...a secondary and defense that can stop people.

I hope they have Jaime Collins playing all over the field, because the kid looks like he could do that.

I hope I hear that Josh Boyce has made a huge leap between year one and two and grabs one of the receiver jobs, because the kid may be the most talent of all of them.

And I'd like to see one of the rookie offensive linemen steal a starting job and improve us along the interior. That would be a good start in my eyes.

I dont see WHite as a "starter" or feature RB. I see him more like Kevin Faulk. In a pinch he can be a starter but not regularly. That's just how I see him.

Sections
Shortcuts