Third wr out there..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Third wr out there..........

I know I will get flack from this but that is the great thing about Pats fans.Dion Branch in available for a trade I read this am. Wouldn't that be awesome if he came back. He wouldn't have to carry the offense.His contract would have to be redone............4-6 catches a game.....Its a pipedream but the chemistry is there with TB ............Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Third wr out there..........

I think Edelman has great potential to be #3 WR in this offense and we have yet to see what Tate can do. Hasn't Branch been injury prone the last three years ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I agree 1000% Eason. Where did you read he is available?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

After watching yesterday's game, I'm becoming convinced that both Edelman and Welker can be more than just slot receivers.  I think they both are at their best in the slot, but the Pats played a 2 receiver package with Welker and Edelman on the outside yesterday at some points and they both looked good.  I think the team can get away with those 2 and Moss on the field in a 3 receiver set.

Also, Sam Aiken looked better yesterday, and Brandon Tate should be returning soon.

While Branch isn't a bad idea, I think running back depth is more important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Re: Third wr out there..........:
    [QUOTE]I agree 1000% Eason. Where did you read he is available?
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

It was on www.rotoworld.com in NFL section.............don't know the accuracy of the site.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

well, we rarely make moves during the season---and we seem okay with a rookie backup qb, so i suspect we'll go with edelman and tate rather than seek a vet as the third receiver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

no honestly i hated when we had branch and i was surprised that we won the SBs with him he has no juice left and i think edelman is beastly and i could see him being a better welker if he stays with the team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Edelman is a slot guy plain and simple. They still need another outside reciever. Remember these guys looked good yesterday partly because the Titans secondary is terrible

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakie311. Show oakie311's posts

ummmmm.....won't happen.  You think BB wants to take a guy back who held out for more money?  say we get Branch and he has a great season and we win the SB....think his agent might want him to do it again?  I loved Branch when he was with us, and if the trade for some crazy reason happens, well, I wouldn't be crying..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Third wr out there..........:
    [QUOTE]I know I will get flack from this but that is the great thing about Pats fans.Dion Branch in available for a trade I read this am. Wouldn't that be awesome if he came back. He wouldn't have to carry the offense.His contract would have to be redone............4-6 catches a game.....Its a pipedream but the chemistry is there with TB ............Thoughts?
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE] how about this guy?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/smith/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like Edelemn alot, he's the future. But if they can get Dein Branch back i think Brady would love it. This owuld be a great addition for the playoff run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

As long as he doesnt try to get number 83 from Welker I'm all for it...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

MVPkilla is on his honeymoon (poor, deluded fool that he is -- our prayers go out to him), so I will be taking his spot today when I say  . . .

The Pats never make trades during the season.

I would go off on a rant about this and misspell a lot of words to make my point -- but I don't really care. The Pats are fine at wide receiver and if somebody wants to start a thread about how that's a bunch of bullsh*t, I will be happy to respond.

In the meantime . . .

Tampon Bay is horrible and our British friends are in for a treat.

If they like the Pats kicking the sh*t out of their foes, that is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need a LB now. With the cut of TBC, we need to get better at defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

a [good]consistent third receiver is needed,for there is a drop off after moss,and welker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think the Pats just reinked Aiken. He looked better the last two weeks than Galloway had before that.

But then, fecal matter looks better to eat than say . . .  a pile of broken glass. so who knows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Loved Branch when he was here, but he can no longer stretch the field like he usedd to.  I'd pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot12. Show patpatriot12's posts

How about Steve Smith?  Ticker on ESPN says he's unhappy and doesn't feel like an asset to the team anymore!

Sections
Shortcuts