this adderal crap makes no sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

this adderal crap makes no sense

How can a player take a banned substance by way of a prescription...?

Latest is player accidentally drinking from adderall laced water bottle from player who legally can take it.

What...?

Suspending players FOUR GAMES (4 x game check $$$$$??) for a legal substance given by a doctor for non p.e.d. reasons...?

NFL begging for another lawsuit...  Goodell please remove your head from your a$$$...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: this adderal crap makes no sense

In response to coolade2's comment:

latest is player accidentally drinking from adderall laced water bottle from player who legally can take it.

What...?

Suspending players FOUR GAMES (4 x game check $$$$$??) for a legal substance given by a doctor for non p.e.d. reasons...?

NFL begging for another lawsuit...  Goodell please remove your head from your a$$$...

Cool, 

It shouldn't be difficult to understand. The substance in question is available only as prescribed by a physician as a remedy for a medical condition. The key word here is controlled substance. Without a prescription the drug in question is now an illegal substance. The drug or drugs in question are dangerous if not used carefully in prescribed amounts as directed by a physician.

Cunningham was suspended becuae he apparently took the drug without a physicians prescription which makes it illegal. The use of marijuana for medical use is now legal in many states but only a prescribed by a physician which makes it legal. Without that prescription marijuana use remains illegal whether we agree with it or not. 

This has nothing to do with Roger Goodell. As the head of the league office he is doing his job in making sure the laws of the land are adhered by the leagues players.

Hetch  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I think there may be a number of "banned" substances you can get via a prescription.  HGH I think is used to help heal from injuries faster.
    I've seen some other posters on here say, and I think I agree at this point, that the "I took adderall" might be a cover for these guys.  I believe the actual substance found on the testing is conifdential, and the NFL can't disclose it, so the player can say what he wants.

Of course another possiblity is that the players, and the League, may know (this is just conjecture) that adderall masks other substances.  Might explain why so many guys are testing positive for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

latest is player accidentally drinking from adderall laced water bottle from player who legally can take it.

What...?

Cool, 

It shouldn't be difficult to understand. The substance in question is available only as prescribed by a physician as a remedy for a medical condition. The key word here is controlled substance. Without a prescription the drug in question is now an illegal substance. The drug or drugs in question are dangerous if not used carefully in prescribed amounts as directed by a physician.

Cunningham was suspended becuae he apparently took the drug without a physicians prescription which makes it illegal. The use of marijuana for medical use is now legal in many states but only a prescribed by a physician which makes it legal. Without that prescription marijuana use remains illegal whether we agree with it or not. 

This has nothing to do with Roger Goodell. As the head of the league office he is doing his job in making sure the laws of the land are adhered by the leagues players.

Hetch  

I guess my main objection is the severity.  All peds are not equal.  In this case there is no evidence of any benefit performance wise.  So, 4 games for 1st offense.

Dumb.  It seems like NFL is overreaching to suspend players, and it hurts the game and the players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I don't understand how it helps you. It's a stimulant but no different than drinking 6 cups of coffee?

ADHD medication certainly would not have helped him bulk up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That excuse reminds me of the famous "there not my jeans" excuse used by Lindsay Lohan when busted with coke.

Just man up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It's just a cover up for what they actually tested positive for. No way Cunningham got that big taking adderall. He was juicing, and got caught.

What's really a joke here is the NFL saying they want to have a "Clean" NFL. But at the same time they only test like 5% of the players. For a guy like Cunningham who is just trying to make it onto the field and get play time, it's a no brainer & more than worth the risk.

Let's face it, 4 games is really nothing to these guys....hence why the risk is worth it. If the NFL really wants to clean up the drug use, then put their money where their mouth is, test EVERYONE twice a year, and suspend people for the entire season if found positive. 2nd offense is banned from the league. They say they want to clean up the league drug use, yet their testing program is a complete joke.....along with the slap on the wrist punishments.

The NFL is about money, plain & simple. They just don't want to lose the big stars that everyone knows is using. So they will never really have the right process to stop it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

These players were not suspended for "Adderall."  The players SAY they were suspended for Adderall because it is the most harmless banned substance in the NFL.  Per the CBA, the NFL cannot divulge the actual substance for which they were suspended and so cannot dispute their claims.

The players (or most of them anyways) are lying to save their own image.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

What's really a joke here is the NFL saying they want to have a "Clean" NFL. But at the same time they only test like 5% of the players.

Let's face it, 4 games is really nothing to these guys....hence why the risk is worth it. If the NFL really wants to clean up the drug use, then put their money where their mouth is, test EVERYONE twice a year, and suspend people for the entire season if found positive. 2nd offense is banned from the league. They say they want to clean up the league drug use, yet their testing program is a complete joke.....along with the slap on the wrist punishments.

The issue of drug testing was one of the final hurdles during last years lockout while the Collective Bargaining Agreement was being negotiated between the owners and players.
    The NFL, even if they wanted to follow your suggestions, have their hands tied by the parameters of the CBA. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I guess my main objection is the severity.  All peds are not equal.  In this case there is no evidence of any benefit performance wise.  So, 4 games for 1st offense.

Dumb.  It seems like NFL is overreaching to suspend players, and it hurts the game and the players.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, 

I couldn't agree with you more. As for me a heavy fine of 10-25K or a one game suspension for a first time offender and maybe 4 games for second offense. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

You don't break the rules, I mean how hard is that! In all honesty do you guys really believe the guys making millions deserve any leeway when it comes to the rules of the game. It's the same in all sports, don't break the rules (at least don't get caught). It sucks obviously Cunningham being out but he was an idiot and broke the rules, I have no pity for him he may as well have used juice it's the same principal 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I didn't know that BB admitted it was Adderall that's actually amazing news because put simply Cunningham's progress is not because of steroids meaning the guy worked hard, bulked out and has become a good player whilst finding his place in this defensive system as a situational  rusher and actually performing well while Jones is on the mend. The adderall problem is obviously getting out of hand the rule should be clarified but i have to say Rusty i don't see what your problem is with someone who has a mental disease using a drug in order to correct their problems. It's like someone with cystic fibrosis being given steroids in order to maintain the muscle mass they can't on their own. It's just like the concussion problem if you can't physically see the injury or condition it's treated differently!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I have a sister with ADHD by the way she is quite literally a mad woman off her prescription she can't concentrate on anything for too long and i could see where this could be a problem for an NFL player

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to MattC05's comment:

These players were not suspended for "Adderall."  The players SAY they were suspended for Adderall because it is the most harmless banned substance in the NFL.  Per the CBA, the NFL cannot divulge the actual substance for which they were suspended and so cannot dispute their claims.

The players (or most of them anyways) are lying to save their own image.

Sorry. You're wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I don't understand how it helps you. It's a stimulant but no different than drinking 6 cups of coffee?

It's speed for people who do not have ADD or ADHD.  If you have more to do then you have time for then taking Adderal will not only help you get it all done but will help you concentrate and focus and learn more.

So yes, it is a performance enhancing drug.  You will have energy like crazy, top energy performance during practice and weights and then for instance still have the energy to stay awake and focus and study and learn playbooks without being tired.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It is Adderall. I agree it's hypocritical for it to be allowed with players for ADD or ADHD because some doctors in this country aren't really ethical and will take kickbacks for overprescribing. 

YOU WROTE THAT OK!, before you go off on me again over my "comprehension" 

That right there is you coming up with stuff in your head whether you like it or not, what do you know about  ALL the doctors in this country!! As far as I know there are no studies which have stated that a player on Adderall will play better than a player off it, now in saying this I mean a completly healthy person without ADD or ADHD, I believe fully healthy individuals will benefit from taking it therefore making it a performance enhancer otherwise why would players take an unnessesary risk? I also believe that people who have said diseases need Adrerall in order to compete at the same level as those without the disease therefore there is no hypocrisy...I know my idea on Adderall is also only an assumption but you know Rusty, some assumptions tend to be better than others!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

It's speed for people who do not have ADD or ADHD.  If you have more to do then you have time for then taking Adderal will not only help you get it all done but will help you concentrate and focus and learn more.

So yes, it is a performance enhancing drug.  You will have energy like crazy, top energy performance during practice and weights and then for instance still have the energy to stay awake and focus and study and learn playbooks without being tired.

Again, WRONG. Not all humans react to the same properties the same way in every drug. Period.

You're wrong.

Steroids, meanwhile, are scientifically proven to build muscle mass as is HGH.  Steroids do the same exact thing to every human. Every one. It builds muscle mass at a very high rate.

I could drink 5 shots of vodka, 5 red bulls, 5 cups of coffee before game time and that's the effect from Adderall.  There is no proof that gives me an advantage.  It's a ridiculous claim to say any amphetamine is an advantage. They aren't banned for that reason. They're banned more so because of what the gov't says, which is fine, but they aren't PEDs.

Here's a dead giveaway: Any other illegal drug, say street amphetamines like coke, crack, crystal meth (uppers), aren't called "PEDs" by the NFL.   Smoke a crack rock and you'll be REALLY alert but that won't give any kind of an advantage on Sundays.

Jesus. It's not a hard concept. 

Honestly Vodka makes you more alert!?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts