this adderal crap makes no sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: this adderal crap makes no sense

In response to Neal Page's comment:

I could drink 5 shots of vodka, 5 red bulls, 5 cups of coffee before game time and that's the effect from Adderall.  There is no proof that gives me an advantage.  It's a ridiculous claim to say any amphetamine is an advantage. They aren't banned for that reason. They're banned more so because of what the gov't says, which is fine, but they aren't PEDs.

Here's a dead giveaway: Any other illegal drug, say street amphetamines like coke, crack, crystal meth (uppers), aren't called "PEDs" by the NFL.   Smoke a crack rock and you'll be REALLY alert but that won't give any kind of an advantage on Sundays.

Jesus. It's not a hard concept. 

Wrong!  You might as well just take diet pills, that will give same effect as your cocktail of coffee, vodka and redbull, plus you are a heartattache just waiting to happen, and you will hit a wall at some point,  Adderall isn't like that. 

I remember a while back reading an article describing what a person who does not have ADD or ADHD  is like when taking adderal.  It is typical to most people, sure there are exceptions but there are exceptions to everything.  I will try and find it and post here. It was a plain and simple article that after reading will make you want to go to your doctor and tell him you have ADD or ADHD so you can get some.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Adderall isn't like hitting a wall? Are you sure about that?

Any time you take any upper, you'll hit a wall.

Positive about that.  It gradually wears off!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

It is Adderall. I agree it's hypocritical for it to be allowed with players for ADD or ADHD because some doctors in this country aren't really ethical and will take kickbacks for overprescribing. 

YOU WROTE THAT OK!, before you go off on me again over my "comprehension" 

That right there is you coming up with stuff in your head whether you like it or not, what do you know about  ALL the doctors in this country!! As far as I know there are no studies which have stated that a player on Adderall will play better than a player off it, now in saying this I mean a completly healthy person without ADD or ADHD, I believe fully healthy individuals will benefit from taking it therefore making it a performance enhancer otherwise why would players take an unnessesary risk? I also believe that people who have said diseases need Adrerall in order to compete at the same level as those without the disease therefore there is no hypocrisy...I know my idea on Adderall is also only an assumption but you know Rusty, some assumptions tend to be better than others!

What on god's green earth are you talking about? Can someone translate for our little friend Macmanemin here?

Holy mackerel.

Dude, I am sure you're a good person, but you have some serious comprehension issues.

Adderall will help a person stay awake for long period's of time to watch more film, to work out more, etc. That's IT.

How hard is this to understand?  That's not a PED in my book because of the other non-banned substances I listed above that you take right over the counter that are not banned.

Adderall is a brand name drug that the league doesn't want associated with it's own brand name for legal reasons. PERIOD.

Bolden, Cunnigham and whoever else will need to find something new to help them stay awake.

No No NO! I won't back down on this one because i'm right, First of all the over the counter products you've stated above are an alcoholic beverage, and 2 different types of caffeine product. No amount of caffeine will ever add up to the amount of stimulation provided by an amphetamine. I'm pretty sure no amphetamine is allowed by the NFL. At this point you may as well be saying a few cups of coffee is the same as snorting speed which is insanely wrong!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I remember a while back reading an article describing what a person who does not have ADD or ADHD  is like when taking adderal.  It is typical to most people, sure there are exceptions but there are exceptions to everything.  I will try and find it and post here. It was a plain and simple article that after reading will make you want to go to your doctor and tell him you have ADD or ADHD so you can get some.

Here it is...

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2005/05/the_adderall_me.html

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

another article to check out

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/04/27/090427fa_fact_talbot

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here you go:

"Many Adderall users report minor negative effects such as loss of appetite, weight loss, insomnia, dizziness and headaches. Although less frequently reported, opposite side effects include irritability, nervousness, feelings of suspicion or paranoia and restlessness.

http://thedailydigitalclubreview.com/recognizing-the-risks-and-negative-effects-of-adderall-and-the-problems-of-adderall-drawback/

That's not hitting a wall like you said it does, so I don't get your point here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I don't understand how it helps you. It's a stimulant but no different than drinking 6 cups of coffee?

ADHD medication certainly would not have helped him bulk up?

It's speed for people who do not have ADD or ADHD.  If you have more to do then you have time for then taking Adderal will not only help you get it all done but will help you concentrate and focus and learn more.

So yes, it is a performance enhancing drug.  You will have energy like crazy, top energy performance during practice and weights and then for instance still have the energy to stay awake and focus and study and learn playbooks without being tired.

Again, WRONG. Not all humans react to the same properties the same way in every drug. Period.

You're wrong.

Steroids, meanwhile, are scientifically proven to build muscle mass as is HGH.  Steroids do the same exact thing to every human. Every one. It builds muscle mass at a very high rate.

I could drink 5 shots of vodka, 5 red bulls, 5 cups of coffee before game time and that's the effect from Adderall.  There is no proof that gives me an advantage.  It's a ridiculous claim to say any amphetamine is an advantage. They aren't banned for that reason. They're banned more so because of what the gov't says, which is fine, but they aren't PEDs.

Here's a dead giveaway: Any other illegal drug, say street amphetamines like coke, crack, crystal meth (uppers), aren't called "PEDs" by the NFL.   Smoke a crack rock and you'll be REALLY alert but that won't give any kind of an advantage on Sundays.

Honestly Vodka makes you more alert!?

No, Adderall gives you a buzz. So, a person could drink some alcohol to channel that buzz. I used vodka as an example as a legal way to do that, combined with legal caffeine and legal Red Bull.  Get it?

Do you know anything about Adderall, kiddie? Have you taken it before?  What is with people like you, all insecure, lecturing people who know more than you do?

Ugh. The Millenial Generation is just brutal. Absolutely brutal. Unwilling to learn and you think you know everything.

Unreal.

You're so wrong buddy, You're comparing 2 different drugs i.e. caffeine and Alcohol 2 drugs which have literally opposite effect. Alcohol has a complete opposite effect on the body to caffeine for example I bet you'll feel dowsy after a litre of Vodka but you can be sure you won't after a litre of Red bull. You look like an idiot anyone who knows about these things knows you are now. You don't even check your facts you just say things and then reinforce them with slander of the person in opposition of you. YOU ARE WRONG....FACT!! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It is Adderall. I agree it's hypocritical for it to be allowed with players for ADD or ADHD because some doctors in this country aren't really ethical and will take kickbacks for overprescribing. 

That right there is you coming up with stuff in your head whether you like it or not, what do you know about  ALL the doctors in this country!! As far as I know there are no studies which have stated that a player on Adderall will play better than a player off it, now in saying this I mean a completly healthy person without ADD or ADHD, I believe fully healthy individuals will benefit from taking it therefore making it a performance enhancer otherwise why would players take an unnessesary risk? I also believe that people who have said diseases need Adrerall in order to compete at the same level as those without the disease therefore there is no hypocrisy...I know my idea on Adderall is also only an assumption but you know Rusty, some assumptions tend to be better than others!

What on god's green earth are you talking about? Can someone translate for our little friend Macmanemin here?

Holy mackerel.

Dude, I am sure you're a good person, but you have some serious comprehension issues.

Adderall will help a person stay awake for long period's of time to watch more film, to work out more, etc. That's IT.

How hard is this to understand?  That's not a PED in my book because of the other non-banned substances I listed above that you take right over the counter that are not banned.

Adderall is a brand name drug that the league doesn't want associated with it's own brand name for legal reasons. PERIOD.

Bolden, Cunnigham and whoever else will need to find something new to help them stay awake.

No No NO! I won't back down on this one because i'm right, First of all the over the counter products you've stated above are an alcoholic beverage, and 2 different types of caffeine product. No amount of caffeine will ever add up to the amount of stimulation provided by an amphetamine. I'm pretty sure no amphetamine is allowed by the NFL. At this point you may as well be saying a few cups of coffee is the same as snorting speed which is insanely wrong!

I didn't say anything of the sort.   Why is coke, crack, etc, not on the "PED" list?  Answer that one, smart guy.

This should be fun.

PS  Adding more exclamation points won't make what you type any more intelligent than you try to make it sound.

Adderall is amphetamine in it's purest form Rusty all those drugs above will not be pure and therefore will not enhance performance. For example there is a chemical within ecstasy which lowers the affects of parkinsons now they don't know what is yet but when they do obviously a drug will be developed at which point said drug may be put on the PED list, however you can be sure that ecstasy will never ever be on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why do you keep posting things like that support what I said above?  LOL

I read that LAST NIGHT.  Funny how you just posted an article that I posted on the other thread last night which actally supports what I am saying about drawbacks of the drug/hitting a wall at some point.

I don't think you or Macmamenimin have a full undestanding on this.

Apparently hitting a wall has different meanings to us.  You said a person will hit a wall  when Adderal wears off!!  That couldn't be further from the truth.  Apparently you missed the part in the articles that states...

"Adderall is supposed to be effective for four to six hours. (An extended-release version of the drug, which as Spiesel explains was recently banned in Canada, lasts 12 hours.) But I found the effects gradually wore off after about three. About six hours after taking the drug, I would feel slightly groggy, the way I sometimes get in the early afternoon when my morning coffee wears off."

That my friend is not hitting a wall!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Holy mackerel.

I didn't say anything of the sort.   Why is coke, crack, etc, not on the "PED" list?  Answer that one, smart guy.

This should be fun.

PS  Adding more exclamation points won't make what you type any more intelligent than you try to make it sound.

Adderall is amphetamine in it's purest form Rusty all those drugs above will not be pure and therefore will not enhance performance. For example there is a chemical within ecstasy which lowers the affects of parkinsons now they don't know what is yet but when they do obviously a drug will be developed at which point said drug may be put on the PED list, however you can be sure that ecstasy will never ever be on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, so why are coke, and say crystal meth, NOT on the PED list, but Adderall is? 

You don't know why  I am asking you this question, do you? LMAO

I jsut answered that, drugs will never be in their purest form when found on the street for example if you took 100% pure coke you would die. Crystal meth is made with all sorts of extra ingredients...no one is Walter White in the real world. If it's not pure the benefit is diminished and there it will not enhance performance. The question doesn't matter Rusty because i'm giving you a reason they arn't on the PED list

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I don't understand how it helps you. It's a stimulant but no different than drinking 6 cups of coffee?

ADHD medication certainly would not have helped him bulk up?

It's speed for people who do not have ADD or ADHD.  If you have more to do then you have time for then taking Adderal will not only help you get it all done but will help you concentrate and focus and learn more.

So yes, it is a performance enhancing drug.  You will have energy like crazy, top energy performance during practice and weights and then for instance still have the energy to stay awake and focus and study and learn playbooks without being tired.

Again, WRONG. Not all humans react to the same properties the same way in every drug. Period.

You're wrong.

Steroids, meanwhile, are scientifically proven to build muscle mass as is HGH.  Steroids do the same exact thing to every human. Every one. It builds muscle mass at a very high rate.

Honestly Vodka makes you more alert!?

No, Adderall gives you a buzz. So, a person could drink some alcohol to channel that buzz. I used vodka as an example as a legal way to do that, combined with legal caffeine and legal Red Bull.  Get it?

Do you know anything about Adderall, kiddie? Have you taken it before?  What is with people like you, all insecure, lecturing people who know more than you do?

Ugh. The Millenial Generation is just brutal. Absolutely brutal. Unwilling to learn and you think you know everything.

Unreal.

You're so wrong buddy, You're comparing 2 different drugs i.e. caffeine and Alcohol 2 drugs which have literally opposite effect. Alcohol has a complete opposite effect on the body to caffeine for example I bet you'll feel dowsy after a litre of Vodka but you can be sure you won't after a litre of Red bull. You look like an idiot anyone who knows about these things knows you are now. You don't even check your facts you just say things and then reinforce them with slander of the person in opposition of you. YOU ARE WRONG....FACT!! 

No, I am not wrong. My sister is a doctor and of course I know alcohol is a downer and caffeine an upper.

My parallel went RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD. Christ, are you dumb or what? Where do you go to college? Seriously. Where do you go? Do you attend college?

Only you would claim I don't know alcohol is a downer and caffeine as an upper when I am an adult in my 30s who drinks both.  Do you realize how incredibly stupid you sound?

Red Bull = Upper = Stimulant

Vodka = Downer and stimulant

Caffeine - Stimulant

At the end of using all of these things at once, you will hit a wall like Adderall. Yes. And the effects of these 3 things taken together do channel the effects of what it's like to take Adderall. Nice buzz, alert, awake, can stay awake longer, but not worth the come down later.

I asked you if you've taken it and you never answered. Telling. So is your lack of a college degree as you pick fights barking up the tree on the internet as a Millenial.

Stumulant is an umbrella phrase you wouldn't want the kind of stimulation a downer gives you when you go to play or train for a sport. I han't taken it no, what difference does that make. I'm working on my degree currently Rusty so get off your high horse it's in sport science and we work on this kind of stuff in one of our classes i.e. drugs in sport. This is my field whether i'm 22 or 38 or whatever age I know more about this than you because I learn it weekly as part of my education. I doubt a guy who's degree is in economics or whatever you've done would be much of an expert on the subject 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh please.  The drawbacks of the drug are hitting a wall or the feeling of such. You playing lawyer and playing semantics with the words "gradually" and "slighty" as if that somehow challenges the concept of the possible drawbacks of the drug, is nothing but an attempt by you to squirm out of your embarrassment.

You don't even know what you're arguing, nor does Macmanemin.

Just stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.  Stick to the photoshop stuff that we all like.

Thanks about the photoshop remark.

However, you said "adderal is like taking 5 shots of vodka, 5 red bulls, 5 cups of coffee before game time and that's the effect from Adderall" 

Read the articles again and then read this statement about your Redbull/Vodka/coffee cocktail and you tell me which one you would use and if they sound the same.

"Clinical & Experimental Research, found that people who use energy drinks as a mixer for were about six times more likely to suffer heart palpitations compared to those who drank their alcohol straight or with a normal soft drink like soda or juice.

People who mix energy drinks with alcohol are also four times more likely to have trouble sleeping and were more likely to suffer tremors, irritability and so-called "jolt and crash episodes" or sudden, bouts of energy followed by long periods of exhaustion."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Oh please.  The drawbacks of the drug are hitting a wall or the feeling of such. You playing lawyer and playing semantics with the words "gradually" and "slighty" as if that somehow challenges the concept of the possible drawbacks of the drug, is nothing but an attempt by you to squirm out of your embarrassment.

Just stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.  Stick to the photoshop stuff that we all like.

However, you said "adderal is like taking 5 shots of vodka, 5 red bulls, 5 cups of coffee before game time and that's the effect from Adderall" 

Read the articles again and then read this statement about your Redbull/Vodka/coffee cocktail and you tell me which one you would use and if they sound the same.

"Clinical & Experimental Research, found that people who use energy drinks as a mixer for were about six times more likely to suffer heart palpitations compared to those who drank their alcohol straight or with a normal soft drink like soda or juice.

People who mix energy drinks with alcohol are also four times more likely to have trouble sleeping and were more likely to suffer tremors, irritability and so-called "jolt and crash episodes" or sudden, bouts of energy followed by long periods of exhaustion."

Don't worry about this fool TFB12, the guys knows football but assumes he knows everything else and this is how he deals with being wrong. Cheap shots, i've had my intelligence questioned by him an unbelievable amount of times now. He comes up with his own facts and then trys to demean us with nasty comments so we'll give up!

He most likely won't return to this thread now that i've made him look stupid

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't worry about this fool TFB12, the guys knows football but assumes he knows everything else and this is how he deals with being wrong. Cheap shots, i've had my intelligence questioned by him an unbelievable amount of times now. He comes up with his own facts and then trys to demean us with nasty comments so we'll give up!

Most things I have read from him I have enjoyed, not sure why he is fighting this so bad, clearly he is wrong.  Hope he goes back to his football talk and leaves this topic alone.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

You make me look stupid? bawahaahah

Anyone who reads this exchange will see who is stupid, Danny boy.

So, where do you go to college?  Also, why is Adderall listed as  PED as an amphetamine, but coke or crack isn't? They're all amphetamines. 

You going to answer or continue to dodge to simple questions?

Here's a simple question are Heroin and Morphine the same thing? I thought I had answered the question if you actually go some where with your point i'll try n answer that as well. Look rusty coke and crack are from the same plant and chemical and are not amphetamines...I assume this isn't your point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

DO you even know what you're arguing with me about?  Serious question.

I am not wrong at all.  Cunningham and likley BOlden tested positive for Adderall, where just last night in the thread, I felt like it wasn't roids, but Adderall, which clearly isn't a PED.

Amphetamines aren't PEDs. Adderall is also is not a masking agent, another falsehood I was forced to debunk last night. 

Some people here get their "facts" from bloggers who are paid to plaster crap on a blog. Mike Florio at PFT isn't a good medical source.

So, I am not wrong at all.

No way BB just says what he just said today if those guys were suspended for roids. No way.

Clearly I do know what I am talking about.  Do you?  Fighters have been fined, suspended and not allowed to fight due to having adderal in their system.  NSAC executive Keith Kizer is on record saying adderall is a PED.  So are you saying that he is wrong too?

Sections
Shortcuts