This article sums up my feelings to a "T"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: This article sums up my feelings to a

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

You can play lawyer, continue to tap dance all around it, pretend names on jerseys and their fantasy stats equate to the tried and trued offensive ideology in January or February, but it won't work.

I'd rather with a SB with David Patten and Daniel Graham than lose one with Moss or Welker and Aaron Hernandez.

Awfully ironic how more overall talent on offense since 2007, as opposed to 2001-2004 with lesser talent, It's just so confusing, isn't it, guys?

It's the supergroup discussion: An All Star band with Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Keith Moon on drums, Phil Lesh on bass and Billy Preston on keys may not sound all that good.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  Learn it andl live it.

Rusty, put away your velour track suit and white jeans from the early 2000's, this is 2013.  The game is different now. The players are better now, it is a huge, huge expectation to think the Pats can win it all this day and age with the talent they had years ago.  Not going to happen. Time to wake up to reality.  Look at the teams the Pats beat when they won the SB's.. do you think even those teams could win 10-12 games nowadays and make it to the SB?  Nope.  Different time, time for you to stop using that old example, it's a crutch for you and makes you look silly.  BTW, do you still use a VCR? 

Were the SB teams of yesteryear's better then the current team we have now?  If the answer is yes then I am afraid we are in trouble this day and age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I

Yeah, the burden of having Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski must have resulted in lengthy offensive meetings where the coaching staff consulted a magic eight ball, or even perhaps met on the cross roads to collectively sell their souls to the devil himself, so that we may overcome the talent deprived group of hacks that idiot BB has thrown together.

I don't know how else they could have figured it out.

Yeah, you whined for a whole year that they weren't giving the ball to BJGE enough.  Even you recognized those receivers weren't enough.  Your mistake, though, was actually thinking running BJGE more was the answer.  Maybe follow the Bengals.  They're trying that now.  

[/QUOTE]

Only a man who has buried himself into the corner of an argument would say the things you say. Our running should have been more of a focus, we were too focused on the down field pass. We threw 135 passes to 55 rushes in 3 losses in a row to the giants....2 of them super bowls. We should have ran BJGE more, and if he wasn't our lead back and it was say....mike cloud, we should have ran him more as well. Your brilliant guy obrien failed to capitalize on 2 of the highest scoring offense's in NFL history, by scoring 21, 13, and 17 in his 3 playoff exits. Oh, that's right, we were talented enough to score 33 ppg every year, just not talented enough to score over 17 ppg On the biggest stage. Oh, but just keep spinning it back too I thought BJGE was a world beater, that should help your argument. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you're a better coach than Belichick and his coordinators, why not apply for the job? 

I'm telling you, Belichick knows what he's doing and if running BJGE were the answer he would have done it.  The fact that he didn't do it should signal to you that you're wrong.  But no, you and Rusty and some guy on a blog are all better coaches, I'm sure, than Bill Belichick.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

My favorite thing in this thread is coolade agreeing somewhere between 83 and 87 %.

It's not easy to be way to specific and amusingly ambiguous at the same time.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

Thanks.  I try to be entertaining and its great when people get it. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very Rustylike, and therefore, very wrong. As a matter of fact, there is not a single thing right in this that I can detect.

The answers are simple. The lucky 6th round pick plus the players BB inherited produced a dynasty. His decisions since then have produced a mediocre supporting cast.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I

Yeah, the burden of having Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski must have resulted in lengthy offensive meetings where the coaching staff consulted a magic eight ball, or even perhaps met on the cross roads to collectively sell their souls to the devil himself, so that we may overcome the talent deprived group of hacks that idiot BB has thrown together.

Yeah, you whined for a whole year that they weren't giving the ball to BJGE enough.  Even you recognized those receivers weren't enough.  Your mistake, though, was actually thinking running BJGE more was the answer.  Maybe follow the Bengals.  They're trying that now.  

[/QUOTE]

Only a man who has buried himself into the corner of an argument would say the things you say. Our running should have been more of a focus, we were too focused on the down field pass. We threw 135 passes to 55 rushes in 3 losses in a row to the giants....2 of them super bowls. We should have ran BJGE more, and if he wasn't our lead back and it was say....mike cloud, we should have ran him more as well. Your brilliant guy obrien failed to capitalize on 2 of the highest scoring offense's in NFL history, by scoring 21, 13, and 17 in his 3 playoff exits. Oh, that's right, we were talented enough to score 33 ppg every year, just not talented enough to score over 17 ppg On the biggest stage. Oh, but just keep spinning it back too I thought BJGE was a world beater, that should help your argument. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you're a better coach than Belichick and his coordinators, why not apply for the job? 

I'm telling you, Belichick knows what he's doing and if running BJGE were the answer he would have done it.  The fact that he didn't do it should signal to you that you're wrong.  But no, you and Rusty and some guy on a blog are all better coaches, I'm sure, than Bill Belichick.  

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you and your buddies? You seem to have all the answers these last few years whining about the D, when the real problems in January came from what Brady preferred.

McD calls the plays, Brady is on on gameplanning, adds plays to playbooks, prefers the shotgun spread,  and has full autonomy at the line.

BB deferring to a future HOFers preferences after 3 rings is not uncommon. Gomer has a lot of power in Denver. Had it in Indy.  Technically, Fox and BB don't need coodinators other than for administrative type purposes. Gomer and Brady all but run their offenses.

BB is like a record producer who is an over-seeer in style vs a manipulator. BArring something completely out of whack, he doesn't step in. That's a good thing in terms of approach. Let great artists or bands feel comfortable in their own skin, so you can hope to get the desired result. Yes. Absolutely.

He did it, it didn't work, he's now slapped yet again.  Deal with it.

BB is not perfect, but him wanting his QB comfortable in his own skin is not something he should be strung up for either.

You're going to have to accept these realities.  The fact you still  haven't 2 games in, as a season ticket holder who lives in Canada is somewhat disturbing, dude. Seriously.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like another Rusty fake here. Ignored.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Very Rustylike, and therefore, very wrong. As a matter of fact, there is not a single thing right in this that I can detect.

The answers are simple. The lucky 6th round pick plus the players BB inherited produced a dynasty. His decisions since then have produced a mediocre supporting cast.

All Pro players and a very good defense now is "mediocre". Isn;t that something, folks.  We have a cuckoo who has never left the manor, never talked to a Jets, Lions, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Rams, Cardinals, BEngals, etc, kind of a fan that we, our Pats have put out "mediocre" talent around Tom Brady lately which is why Brady folds in AFC title games at home or in SB. 

Isn't that just something. And convenient. A little too convenient for intelligent people with strong analytical skills and who don't thump bibles at a rest home.

If that was true why does Brady suck in the postseason overall since 2007?  THe 2007 team was considered the greatest of all time if Brady didn't want to put up 50 points through the air in the SB.

He did, we lost.

BB went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, so it proves it's not all about Brady.  Gronk, Hern, Welker, a top 5 O  Line, 1000 yard rushers, etc, isn't "mediocre". Isn't that something.

You're losing your grip, Babe. It's over. It's all over.

You little turds had free rein here to prance around these boards channeling the Felger and Mazz premises VERBATIM, even to this day, in one last ditch efffort to explain why Brady has choked for our team in recent postseason with what HE wanted. He wanted.

BB conceded after feeling bad about Branch needing to be traded in 2006, but BB gave Brady too much of what he wanted, and here we are starting over because Brady blew it.

5 postseasons, 2 SB, 3 CRAP AFC title games from Brady. Our leader on offense.

You lost.

It's over.

Leave the board for good, so the real fans who get all of this can enjoy another fun season as our spoiled selves witness the brilliance and genius of Bill Belichick, trying to coach our team to  a 4th SB.

Will Brady be on board?  I think so. He has no choice now.

Dumbkoff, I don't read your stupidity anymore. I can't think of a single thing in life that is a bigger waste of time than reading anything you have posted. You're ignored.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I do not disagree with anything presented in the article except, as people have mentioned, the Jets and Bills are not good teams. Going into the season, they were both expected to be amongst the 5 worst teams in the NFL. If they combine for double digits wins it will be an upset.

I will wait until this teams plays actual NFL offenses and QBs (weeks 4-6) to judge the new style of the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

You're dreaming...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wouldn't a velour track suit be more 70s/early 80s? Your approach at comedy is awful.

I am also not taking cues from a kid who uses "seen" in the past tense when it should be "saw" as frequently as you do.

Offenses will be winning the championships in Goodell's league moving forward. Efficient, smart, balanced offenses. Your D does not need to be the best in the league based on where you;re ranked on the antiquated "passing yards allowed" metric.

Did you watch this past year's SB or did mommy tuck you in early? lmao

Sure, the velour tracksuit was huge in early 80's.. the 84 USA Olympic team wore the most famous one.  But they also came back and were a big hit in early 2000's.

Awesome!  The grammer policeman has arrived.  Isn't that usually the last and most desperate tactict to use when one is trying to deflect from being owned?  Yes, I do believe so.  This is a fan forum, a message board, not a grammer workshop or nerd's are us board.  I type fast, if I make mistakes, no biggie to me, if it's so bad the the point where you can't understand it then please move on.  If you feel the need to judge me on my grammer in this type of forum then that is your problem, not mine, as I don't care.  And you might want to get some help with your grammer OCD?  Because it really isn't that important here. IMO.

I had no idea the Ravens were a offense juggernaut last season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    BB knows what he's doing, just doesn't know how to acquire talent? sounds like you don't actually think he knows what he's doing. I would use your, you think your better then BB argument against you but considering its the weakest retort I've ever heard on BDC, I won't.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

All Pro players and a very good defense now is "mediocre". Isn;t that something, folks.  We have a cuckoo who has never left the manor, never talked to a Jets, Lions, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Rams, Cardinals, BEngals, etc, kind of a fan that we, our Pats have put out "mediocre" talent around Tom Brady lately which is why Brady folds in AFC title games at home or in SB. 

Isn't that just something. And convenient. A little too convenient for intelligent people with strong analytical skills and who don't thump bibles at a rest home.

If that was true why does Brady suck in the postseason overall since 2007?  THe 2007 team was considered the greatest of all time if Brady didn't want to put up 50 points through the air in the SB.

He did, we lost.

BB went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, so it proves it's not all about Brady.  Gronk, Hern, Welker, a top 5 O  Line, 1000 yard rushers, etc, isn't "mediocre". Isn't that something.

You're losing your grip, Babe. It's over. It's all over.

You little turds had free rein here to prance around these boards channeling the Felger and Mazz premises VERBATIM, even to this day, in one last ditch efffort to explain why Brady has choked for our team in recent postseason with what HE wanted. He wanted.

BB conceded after feeling bad about Branch needing to be traded in 2006, but BB gave Brady too much of what he wanted, and here we are starting over because Brady blew it.

5 postseasons, 2 SB, 3 CRAP AFC title games from Brady. Our leader on offense.

You lost.

It's over.

Leave the board for good, so the real fans who get all of this can enjoy another fun season as our spoiled selves witness the brilliance and genius of Bill Belichick, trying to coach our team to  a 4th SB.

Will Brady be on board?  I think so. He has no choice now.

Dumbkoff, I don't read your stupidity anymore. I can't think of a single thing in life that is a bigger waste of time than reading anything you have posted. You're ignored.

Hey, DUMBKOFF, here's a solution everyone here can enjoy...just don't respond to Rusty any longer.....try that, because your angry, childish and neurotic replys start all kinds of problems here...the only people you seem to agree with lately are NAS and Bustchise and his family of Jet troll screen personalities...so just communicate with those who are the cyber equivalent of the dead spirits....call up the Long Island Medium and see if she can help you out...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

You're dreaming...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

there is a difference between two teams.  Brady looks at the same player on third down and teams know how to defend it.  CHANGE IT UP BRADY

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep.

Brady in AFC title games, in 2007, 2011 or 2012:

3 TDS, 7 INTS

Case closed, fellas.

You can play lawyer, continue to tap dance all around it, pretend names on jerseys and their fantasy stats equate to the tried and trued offensive ideology in January or February, but it won't work.

I'd rather win a SB with David Patten and Daniel Graham than lose one with Moss or Welker and/or Aaron Hernandez.

Awfully ironic how more overall talent on offense since 2007, as opposed to 2001-2004 with lesser talent, provided far worse results especially in an easier offensive era. It's just so confusing, isn't it, guys?

It's the supergroup discussion: An All Star band with Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Keith Moon on drums, Phil Lesh on bass and Billy Preston on keys may not sound all that good.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  Learn it andl live it.

Such a Jets troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

“I didn't read the article you linked, but I agree with some of what you say. I don't agree on Amendola, I think he is just plain old injury prone..

“Decent post from you, but Amendola is "old"? What is Welker, spry?”

^^^^ Dense

2. Hard to penetrate; thick

or

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to hardright's comment:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/wet-and-ugly-new-england-patriots-rediscover-team-dna/24967/

I don't post here very often, and I believe this is the first-ever thread I've started, but this article, written by a long-time buddy of mine and the founder of the CHFF site, pretty much nails it, in my opinion. This is how I've felt for a very long time about the Patriots' sudden, dramatic style-shift following the catastrophic (some would say rigged) defeat in the '06 AFCC at Indy. It's high time they get back to playing football the "old school" way--even though, yes, The Polian Rules don't allow for that type of football to be played without consequences all the time. Over the long haul, my view is that the refs can't call EVERYTHING, and that in the post-season they call fewer and fewer penalties anyway. So I say, roll the dice, put the "high-octane" offensive side show to bed and start grinding out wins again. It's what won them those first two Super Bowls (the third title team was simply one of the best and most balanced NFL teams of all time).

As for the 2013 Patriots, I do believe there's a severe overreaction going on among the fanbase and, of course, the BB-hating media. Young WRs are going to make mistakes, especially in a complicated offense such as NE's. The good news is that--unless my lying eyes need glasses--I thought I saw Dobson and Thompkins getting open on a consistent basis Thursday night. So clearly, the talent appears to be there; it just needs to be cultivated and they still have 15 weeks (including the bye) to get that accomplished. Amendola will return--he's not as fragile as is being advertised. His injuries with the Rams were the unavoidable football-types of injuries that could hit any player, and groin injuries happen to athletes. What can you do? Most of you old enough to remember the Pete Carroll era might also remember that Willie McGinest missed the better part of two seasons in the late 90s with constant groin pulls/tears, or whatever. He even underwent offseason abdominal surgery to lessen the likelihood of groin injuries popping up again. I'd say Willie's career worked out OK in the end.

For those of you pining for Welker's "toughness" over Amendola's "fragility", I would simply remind you that Welker did suffer a torn ACL during his Patriots career, but since it happened in Week 17 instead of Week 6, he only missed one playoff game and came back by opening day the following season. Had it happened earlier in the year, he would have missed several games, and then perhaps HIS durability would be in question, no? The timing of that torn ACL had a lot to do with Welker not missing significant playing time.

Oh, and the best TE in the world will be returning soon. Vereen was a tough loss, but as soon as Bolden is ready to roll, the depth at RB will start to look better as well.

As for the defense, we can nit-pick all day long, but the bottom line is that they have allowed 24 points this season (obviously, the 7 on the fumble return in Buffalo do not count). The coverage in the secondary has been much better, too, save for a couple of correctable breakdowns, which happen to ALL defenses in the modern NFL. I know it was only against two rookie QBs, and that much tougher tests lie ahead, but what I'm seeing is much tighter coverage in the secondary against teams that, for all of their QB issues, still ran receivers like Santonio Holmes and Steve Johnson out there the past couple of weeks.

As for Brady's antics: I understand his frustration, but he's got to tone it down. I lived in South Florida for five years in the early 90s--the last few good, productive years of Dan Marino's career--and I became increasingly embarrassed for him as he constantly berated his teammates whenever things would go wrong, regardless of whether or not the breakdowns were their fault. The good news is that I believe Brady, unlike Marino or even P. Manning, is more equipped mentally to deal with NOT being the central focus of the offense than those two guys are/were. He's been the "game manager" engine driving the bus before, and he can be that way again. Marino and Manning were used to having the teams built around THEM their entire careers, and neither could handle any kind of change--Marino's dust-ups with Jimmy Johnson, after JJ wanted to reshape the Miami offense into the image of the offenses he ran in Dallas, were legendary (if underpublicized by the Marino-worshipping So. Florida media).

Anyway, enjoy the article. Feel free to share your thoughts, of course. And keep the faith! The team is 2-0, and 2-0 in the division, and they don't award style points in the NFL....just wins and losses.

did Rusty pay you for this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

FACTS:

BJGE>Maroney

BJGE never fumbled while here

Pats never lost when BJGE used as the true lead back in a gameplan

OUCH.

Benjarvis Green-Ellis:  Undrafted

Laurence Maroney:  First round pick

BJGE>Maroney