This board is not what I thought it was...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

This board is not what I thought it was...

Not that anyone cares.....

I am really suprised/disappointed in this board. "Fire so and so!!!" "Bench so and so!!!" "in Bill I DO NOT trust" Seriously??? I thought I stumbled onto theganggeeen!

First of all every whack job that NEVER posts on here has come out of the wood work to bash the Pats all week. You "fans" never come around when they're doing well. Get over yourself. You are most likely 17 living in your parents basement. What the hell do you know about coaching a pro football team?

I don't really care to go back and actually find these posts, but I'm pretty sure that when we were talking about how the season would turn out A LOT of people predicted they would go 12-4. Well here you go!! They will most likely end up 12-4. So it was ok then, but not now? I can also find many posts about our YOUNG defense and how they were most likely going to struggle at some point this year. Again, here you go!

I know, I know they suuucked on Monday night. I know, they have sucked for the most part on the road this year. Is anyone really suprised? Brady didn't play last year and we have a young defense, how did you think this was going to turn out?

We knew this season was going to have ups and downs, yet when the downs happen a lot of you jump ship and are ready to get rid of the team/coaching staff.

Grow up. You don't have to be a homer but you don't have to be an idiot either.

There is still a lot of football to be played. 16-0 or 7-4. I'm still a fan, too bad some of you aren't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: This board is not what I thought it was...

In Response to This board is not what I thought it was...:
    [QUOTE]Not that anyone cares..... I am really suprised/disappointed in this board. "Fire so and so!!!" "Bench so and so!!!" "in Bill I DO NOT trust" Seriously??? I thought I stumbled onto theganggeeen! First of all every whack job that NEVER posts on here has come out of the wood work to bash the Pats all week.

Lot of trolls around this week Kellie. Leon has taken on at least a dozen personalities that I have seen and probably even more. Most people are frustrated that we lost but the Fire BB posts and anti Brady Cr@p is mostly troll activity. I can't imagine having no life to point where I would waste every day away posting SH!!t on an enemy board. It's good for kicks once and a while but that's about it.

Most Pats fans are looking for practical solutions not the guillotine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have only one thing to add to your excellent post.........DITO.

Go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It only serves to make me more resolute in my notion that the Patriots will come out of this loss better than ever.

When I think about it, only two or three big plays cost them the game.  It's not like they couldn't stop the Saints at all.  It's just that when they did mess up, they messed up BIG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

KellieMB "You don't have to be a homer but you don't have to be an idiot either. "

You have to understand people are critical because they care so much, not because they have given up or are fair weather fans. I would rather have outraged fans than appathetic ones, but apparently you can't criticise your team without being a homer or "an idiot".

This team is good, above average even, but anyone who has watched football, for a few years, can see that this is not a championship caliber team (Particularly on D) and BB has made bad decision after bad decision on the sidelines.

I'm not giving up on the team, but I am also a realist. We are a one win playoff team at best. You don't make it far in the playoffs with no running game,no defense and bad decisions being made by your coach and those problems are not fixable, this year.

In fact,I'm not sure the running game will ever be fixed, because BB seems to be turning into one of those coaches that thinks his elite QB doesn't need a solid runner behind him.

Anyway, I see the people here as maybe overly passionate, but not fairweather.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was...:
    [QUOTE]KellieMB "You don't have to be a homer but you don't have to be an idiot either. " I believe you are a homer if you don't see what's going on here. This team is good, above average even, but anyone who has watched football, for a few years, can see that this is not a championship caliber team (Particularly on D) and BB has made bad decision after bad decision on the sidelines. I'm not giving up on the team, but I am also a realist. We are a one win playoff team at best. You don't make it far in the playoffs with no running game,no defense and bad decisions being made by your coach and those problems are not fixable, this year. You have to understand people are critical because they care so much, not because they have given up or are fair weather fans. I would rather have outraged fans than appathetic ones.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

You don't know football if you think this team cannot win more than one playoff game.  Any halfway decent team can win the Super Bowl ... the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2007 Giants, the 2008 Cardinals ... even the 2001 Patriots. 

Everyone thinks we have to have an elite team that will dominate every opponent and never struggle.  Isn't it more fun to cheer for a hard fighting team that overcomes adversity and wins despite the odds?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

[QUOTE]Any halfway decent team can win the Super Bowl ... the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2007 Giants, the 2008 Cardinals ... even the 2001 Patriots. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Most of the teams you mention above (minus the Cards) had some semblance of a running game and/or good defenses, which was exactly my point. We don't have either this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was... : You don't know football if you think this team cannot win more than one playoff game.  Any halfway decent team can win the Super Bowl ... the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2007 Giants, the 2008 Cardinals ... even the 2001 Patriots.  Everyone thinks we have to have an elite team that will dominate every opponent and never struggle.  Isn't it more fun to cheer for a hard fighting team that overcomes adversity and wins despite the odds?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Indeed, it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]KellieMB "You don't have to be a homer but you don't have to be an idiot either. " You have to understand people are critical because they care so much, not because they have given up or are fair weather fans. I would rather have outraged fans than appathetic ones, but apparently you can't criticise your team without being a homer or "an idiot".  This team is good, above average even, but anyone who has watched football, for a few years, can see that this is not a championship caliber team (Particularly on D) and BB has made bad decision after bad decision on the sidelines. I'm not giving up on the team, but I am also a realist. We are a one win playoff team at best. You don't make it far in the playoffs with no running game,no defense and bad decisions being made by your coach and those problems are not fixable, this year. In fact,I'm not sure the running game will ever be fixed, because BB seems to be turning into one of those coaches that thinks his elite QB doesn't need a solid runner behind him. Anyway, I see the people here as maybe overly passionate, but not fairweather.

My rant was in no way aimed at the people that post on this board just about everyday and have insightful comments and smart critiques. I can understand being mad, frustrated, disappoonted etc...I feel the same way!

I'm talking about the people that don't contribute to the everday conversation and just decide to pipe in when they want to trash the team. It's negative, boring and it makes them look like idiots.

I have been doing my best to ignore it and not comment on those thread, but I just had to blow off some steam today! Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was... : Most of the teams you mention above (minus the Cards) had some semblance of a running game and/or good defenses, which was exactly my point. We don't have either this year.

Yeah, those 2006 Colts and 2008 Cardinas, what great defenses and running games they had.  But you're right, it's better not to have hope and enjoy our team, we should just condemn and criticize them all day long when the season isn't even over yet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

[QUOTE] My rant was in no way aimed at the people that post on this board just about everyday and have insightful comments and smart critiques. I can understand being mad, frustrated, disappoonted etc...I feel the same way! I'm talking about the people that don't contribute to the everday conversation and just decide to pipe in when they want to trash the team. It's negative, boring and it makes them look like idiots. I have been doing my best to ignore it and not comment on those thread, but I just had to blow off some steam today!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

That I can understand that and I agree. I should have realized you weren't aiming that post at everyone. But there is a faction out there, that think you're not a fan if you have anything bad to say, I'm glad that's not you, apparently it's themightypatriotz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Kellie-What did you expect?When the pats win it's all s hit talking and false bravado from pats fans. When the pats lose it's Fire this one and Trade that one.Things will never change in beantwon.The very worst fan base that I have ever witnessed. So Kellie-what are you wearing?
    Posted by l2theH[/QUOTE]

I'm wearing this: http://www.motheringhut.com/audible/tombrady.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was... : That I can understand that and I agree. I should have realized you weren't aiming that post at everyone. But there is a faction out there, that think you're not a fan if you have anything bad to say, I'm glad that's not you.

Leave it to a jedi to articulate what should be obvious to anyone who has ever had an irrational passion for a sports team. Cursing your heroes is part of your legacy as a fan. It doesn't make you a fair-weather fan. Quite the contrary, it means you're upset. It means you care. I think the reason we get so frustrated with the casual fan who doesn't really care, and thinks Brady is god when the Pats win and a deusche when they lose, or that Belichick is going senile before our very eyes, is because this internet thing makes it so easy for any marginal idiot to come on here and spew nonsense to his (or her) heart's delight.

The stuff we read on here is the stuff that used to be reserved primarily for sports bars and card tables, where you could actually confront the lunacy, or dismiss it, as you saw fit. Now, I'll admit, clicking on the ignore function doesn't have the same cache' as telling your best friend that he's wicked retahded, but it all amounts to the same thing in the end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

... THAT'S WHY WE POST ON THESE DISCUSSION BOARDS!  IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEM, THEN CROWN THEM!  BUT THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!  AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!!!

Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]Kellie-You she devil you!LOL I love it you little mynx!
    Posted by --l2-theH--[/QUOTE]

Love you too L!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Actually, the negativity on this board was pretty mild.  From Friday to today, there were 439 distinct normal posters on this board.  I include the mild trolls in that count such as underdoggg, jbolted, etc.  Out of the 439 normal posters, only a few fans have come down hard on BB and Brady in a "get rid of them" way.  It is definitely less than 5.  The majority of the overly negative posts have come from fake fans that Leon has established.  For instance, gopatsgo09 and patschamps09 were Leon troll accounts.  This is Leon's not so secret, secret.  He uses fake fan accounts to create an atmosphere of panic and betrayal, and then he uses one of his Leon Hess branded accounts to slam the fan base.  So if you take away the trash talking trolls, having a few fans out of over 400 jump off the bridge really isn't that bad.  It seems worse than it is because those few fans create threads that stare at you in the face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I find it crazy as well that people want people to be fired, don't trust in BB anymore, etc.  That's just ludacris!!

12-4 this year is going to be a great mark if they make it! Tom Brady coming back from major knee reconstruction and missing a year of football, losing nearly the entire starting defense from 2007, having trouble with people staying healthy on the O-line, not having a solid/reliable #3 wr, etc. 

I think they will come out next year much better for this, as well.  I think the defense is going to be quicker, smarter, stronger.. and the offense will probably be more balanced next year. 

But i'm not ready to give up on this year - anything can happen once a team makes it into the playoffs just like a poster mentioned earlier!! 2001 Pats, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2008 Cardinals (didn't win the SB, but made it and almost won).. I mean, come on people!!

In Bill I Trust! I would not have any other coach or QB for my team and if people consider themselves a true Pats fan I think they should feel the same as well!

Trust me, it's not easy being a Patriots fan down in the South.  I get bombarded with stupid remarks/comments about the Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, etc. all year long.. But why do those people talk down about the Patriots? Because their team hasn't been as successful this decade. 

I saw an ignorant Saints fan say the Saints will go undefeated and that the Patriots are the most overrated team in sports - yet they were so excited that the Saints beat the Pats, which is strange because if a team is overrated then it shouldn't be a big deal for a "great" team to be them.  That's the stupid logic I have to deal with down here.  I'm sure many of you other posters live in other parts of the country and have to deal with the same crap - it comes with the territory of being the best team this decade, so I just deal with it.  No pain no gain, right? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I find it crazy as well that people want people to be fired, don't trust in BB anymore, etc.  That's just ludacris!! 12-4 this year is going to be a great mark if they make it! Tom Brady coming back from major knee reconstruction and missing a year of football, losing nearly the entire starting defense from 2007, having trouble with people staying healthy on the O-line, not having a solid/reliable #3 wr, etc.  I think they will come out next year much better for this, as well.  I think the defense is going to be quicker, smarter, stronger.. and the offense will probably be more balanced next year.  But i'm not ready to give up on this year - anything can happen once a team makes it into the playoffs just like a poster mentioned earlier!! 2001 Pats, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2008 Cardinals (didn't win the SB, but made it and almost won).. I mean, come on people!! In Bill I Trust! I would not have any other coach or QB for my team and if people consider themselves a true Pats fan I think they should feel the same as well! Trust me, it's not easy being a Patriots fan down in the South.  I get bombarded with stupid remarks/comments about the Colts, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, etc. all year long.. But why do those people talk down about the Patriots? Because their team hasn't been as successful this decade.  I saw an ignorant Saints fan say the Saints will go undefeated and that the Patriots are the most overrated team in sports - yet they were so excited that the Saints beat the Pats, which is strange because if a team is overrated then it shouldn't be a big deal for a "great" team to be them.  That's the stupid logic I have to deal with down here.  I'm sure many of you other posters live in other parts of the country and have to deal with the same crap - it comes with the territory of being the best team this decade, so I just deal with it.  No pain no gain, right? 
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Well, not many of the "fans" were around when the Patriots had no chance whatsoever of even thinking about the playoffs.  And that was for season, after season, after season.  How many can remember Chuck Fairbanks and the life he brought to this area with his exciting brand of football?  No, most posters here just think of the Pats as a recent entry into the NFL.  Got news for you guys, the Pats have been around for a long time and I, for one, am enjoying every game, win or lose.  I sat in Schaeffer Stadium, on the aluminum benches, and watched the team getting trounced.  We, the team and the fans, have come a long way together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Well, not many of the "fans" were around when the Patriots had no chance whatsoever of even thinking about the playoffs.  And that was for season, after season, after season.  How many can remember Chuck Fairbanks and the life he brought to this area with his exciting brand of football?  No, most posters here just think of the Pats as a recent entry into the NFL.  Got news for you guys, the Pats have been around for a long time and I, for one, am enjoying every game, win or lose.  I sat in Schaeffer Stadium, on the aluminum benches, and watched the team getting trounced.  We, the team and the fans, have come a long way together.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

I had season tickets back then too before they priced me out. I had a lot of fun and got pretty drunk. What else is there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was... : ?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Haha no, I meant it as another word for "crazy" or "absurd".. I wondered if the thought of that guy would cross anyone's mind if they read it lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

NICKC1188

It's more than LUDICROUS it's over 'Z top man way over the ZZTOP

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Well, not many of the "fans" were around when the Patriots had no chance whatsoever of even thinking about the playoffs.  And that was for season, after season, after season.  How many can remember Chuck Fairbanks and the life he brought to this area with his exciting brand of football?  No, most posters here just think of the Pats as a recent entry into the NFL.  Got news for you guys, the Pats have been around for a long time and I, for one, am enjoying every game, win or lose.  I sat in Schaeffer Stadium, on the aluminum benches, and watched the team getting trounced.  We, the team and the fans, have come a long way together.

I've thought the Pats had a chance to win the Superbowl every year since 1968 and I'lll always believe the Pats have a chance to win the Superbowl until they are mathematically eliminated. Then I start praying for all the teams ahead of the Pats to come down with food poisoning or something non-fatal and non career threatening but please gawd something that will get my beloved Pats into that GD Superbowl! BTW I've been a fan since 1962.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not all that old but I have been a pats fan since for about 20 years and, that is long enough to know that Brady and Belichick are the best thing that ever happenned to this organization. 

Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, Bears, Patriots 

IMHO Those are the Iconic teams in NFL history and the Patriots were not even close to being part of that type of legacy before 2000.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Followed before and after the Foxboro move.....don't get all upitty now..:)

Sections
Shortcuts