This board is not what I thought it was...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Re: This board is not what I thought it was...

Pats have not won in over 5 years.  When do you get over the blind optimism? I want the Pats to win every year, but it hasn't happened in half a decade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: This board is not what I thought it was...:
    [QUOTE]Pats have not won in over 5 years.  When do you get over the blind optimism? I want the Pats to win every year, but it hasn't happened in half a decade. 
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Did we have a losing season over the past 5 years?  Didn't we only miss the playoffs once in that period?  I assume you meant we haven't won the SB in the past 5 years.  Therein proves the point some have made that a lot of fans are spoiled.  Pats fans have had it better than anyone this decade.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Other teams wish they had our problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I like this discussion, because it brings up a good point- one that I addressed in another section of the forum.

The criticism and negativity that takes place on this forum sometimes becomes discouraging. I can understand being overly-critical of a perennial loser, but we're talking about the Patriots here!

Growing up, I was taught, by example, to ROOT for your TEAM first and foremost. If coaches make questionable decisions, and players make bad plays, you still try to pull for them as long as they are wearing the team colors. Sure, there are bad eggs, and you're not going to like everybody. The only players that rub me the wrong way are the ones who seem to completely give up on the team (like Joey Galloway), or those who get into trouble off the field. And sometimes I can even forgive and forget some of these indescretions- like with Faulk (caught with pot), Brady (child with one/dating another), and Kaczur (pain killers).

Like right now, Wilhite is having some problems, and he is being torn to pieces on this forum. But I'm still hoping that he works out and becomes a consistant contributor for this team. He may not be the answer at corner, but right now he is one of the few options we have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

On the other hand, the great thing about this forum is that if one doesn't like the way the discussion is going, he can simply ignore it and go on to the next topic. I think there is room here for many different viewpoints and approaches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Chuck Fairbanks - nice...Add to that the greatest win around here for a decade plus was the Mark Henderson (on the Walpole "early" release program) win over Miami back in the early '80s.  Man life has been pretty good for us Pats fans since '01.  As for the '06 Colts and the '07 Giants defenses were terrible until they caught fire in the playoffs, and both went on great runs there, and the '08 Cardinals were trounced in Foxboro last season what 45-7 or something like that - late in the season.  All is far from lost, and at 12-4 they could get #2 seed with tougher schedules SD and Cincy have to contend with.  Call it kool-aidism, but until this team truly implodes - they are always a contender.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I just think everybody needs to calm down and take a deep breath. The Pats are going to be fine. I realize this past loss cut a little deep and maybe we are no longer an "elite" team, but I believe it will be only for this season. I look at this year as a rebuilding year. I mean, the defense has been completely revamped and is made up of primarily rookies, sophomores or first year Patriot players. 

We have to believe that BB will address the needs of this team in the off-season to make it elite again. We need upgrades at pass rush, be it OLB or DL. We need better pass protection. The 5 up front got exposed a couple of years ago and instead of upgrading them, BB found TEs and RBs who could help in pass protection while he tried to upgrade the Defense.

The point is these are holes in the Pats personnel. BB has tried to hide or cover up these issues by using certain schemes and play calling. Hence this is a rebuilding year for the Pats, just be thankful that during our rebuilding year we still make the playoffs and are one of the top teams in the conference.

Guess what I am trying to say is I plan on being a fan for a long time and if you look at the Pats organization long term we look good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I just think everybody needs to calm down and take a deep breath. The Pats are going to be fine. I realize this past loss cut a little deep and maybe we are no longer an "elite" team, but I believe it will be only for this season. I look at this year as a rebuilding year. I mean, the defense has been completely revamped and is made up of primarily rookies, sophomores or first year Patriot players.  We have to believe that BB will address the needs of this team in the off-season to make it elite again. We need upgrades at pass rush, be it OLB or DL. We need better pass protection. The 5 up front got exposed a couple of years ago and instead of upgrading them, BB found TEs and RBs who could help in pass protection while he tried to upgrade the Defense. The point is these are holes in the Pats personnel. BB has tried to hide or cover up these issues by using certain schemes and play calling. Hence this is a rebuilding year for the Pats, just be thankful that during our rebuilding year we still make the playoffs and are one of the top teams in the conference. Guess what I am trying to say is I plan on being a fan for a long time and if you look at the Pats organization long term we look good.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

You have hit the nail on the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

You have hit the nail on the head.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I try.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

What it is.....An anonymous grouping of people with different Personalities, Races, Genders, Ages, Education, Wealth, Nationalities and Religious beliefs who in most cases couldn't stand to be in the same room together for more then 5 minutes shearing a common space at relatively the same time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

I like K-Max's description, but to dumb it down for myself I will quote the immortal one: "It is what it is..."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I feel marginally retarded even responding to this (and I'm staring to use the word "marginally" altogether too much), but the Pats are in a rebuilding cycle, and some of their "fans" are complaining about 11-5 and what could very well be 12-4. I'm not going to get into this "I was there for all the bad old days" nonsense. That's just another way of saying one kind of fan is better than another, and anyone who has been around here for more than five minutes knows I don't like that. All I heard on this board last season was how the Pats needed to get younger on defense, which they did. Now they are "struggling" at 7-4 and can put a stranglehold on the division with a win over the ultimate incarnation of evil, the Miami Dolphins, this weekend.

The Pats are going to make the playoffs, and it is my belief that they will surprise some of us once they are in the tournament. When that happens, the bulk of posters here on this board will say they "knew it all along," and some of us will not dispute that, even though we know it is a vile untruth. The Pats are awesome. I've had the luxury of knowing that for more than 40 years. That doesn't make me special. It simply means I have learned that the outcome of the games is not why I watch. Agonizing (and occasionally exulting) over the Pats gives me common purpose with a lot of people I like.

Think about that for a minute or two.

And while you're thinking about that, think about this:

Shakespeare said, "Nothing is right or wrong, but thinking makes it so."

And if you get done thinking about all that before I come up with something else for you to think about . . .

ummmm . . .

take a break, I guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]What it is.....An anonymous grouping of people with different Personalities, Races, Genders, Ages, Education, Wealth, Nationalities and Religious beliefs who in most cases couldn't stand to be in the same room together for more then 5 minutes shearing a common space at relatively the same time.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you eliminated the Irish and the Italians, you'd be left with Leon.