This Defense could be scary good...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: This Defense could be scary good...

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

True Tcal, true. Makes you wonder if BB will see tghis as plainly as we do, and myabe make some tough decisions on trading some players for picks

I’m telling you kp, it’s Amazing how people will defend Mayo till the end (which is now).  We are excelling without the fat, old and slow bodies in the lineup.  

i'm with you. some times fans can't get let go

Chandler jones, Siliga. chris jones, collins, hightower are the future, got some other good rookies too. Need to get the DBs upgraded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

6. New York Jets: Jerod Mayo, LB

2008 pick: Vernon Gholston

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Wow....

Wilfork makes this D better. Period. To think differently is beyond ignorant. WELL beyond.

Mayo is a SOLID player. He does a VERY GOOD job as MLB. People praising Collins and condemning Mayo...you realize Collins didn't play MLB, right? Fletcher did a lot. Hightower also did some. Mayo is rarely out of position, rarely misses tackles...he also doesn't make any 'special' type plays. Hes solid. To complain about him is silly and very nit-picky. 

As good as the D looked yesterday, it's like you guys forgot how much BETTER they looked early on before the cascade of injuries took hold.

Indy had to pass ALL GAME, and completed, what, 2 deep balls? And people whine and complain. Un-fking-real.

Some people won't be happy until Lott and Reed are at S, and Law and Deion Sanders are at CB. No...then these same people would complain that Deion doesn't tackle, and Lott takes too many penalties.

I don't mean to poor it on Mayo, but have we missed him? I'll say we've missed Wilfork...Kelly, even Spikes will be missed, but I didn't notice a drop off virtually all year because of the lose of Mayo. I think he is a better player than both Fletcher and Hightower - no doubt - but he's no 7 million dollar a year player.

I don't care what anyone says, he's not special. I've watched this guy get burned in coverage for 5 years now....people said..well you can't expect him to be able to cover, well I've watched Collins cover all year and the guy is a rookie.

I think Mayo is solid against the run. I think he is a power player that can run pretty well. I don't think he sucks, but I'm not going to forget all the plays I've seen him not make...there's been too many for me.

FOS comes to mind. Collins had been burnt toast in coverage allllll year long till this past game. jason campbell ring a bell? Jordan cameron. Once again, especially with murtl and tcal, other guys don't have to be bad for new guys to be good. 

Whenever Mayo retires, or if he goes to another team these two guys will be saying, see he sucks! Its a joke. You little jokesters you! 

One of the biggest busts in the draft gets replaced by one of the best picks. Until this season, Mayo had escaped serious injury and had become the leader of Bill Belichick's defense as a versatile player who doesn't need to come off the field. He's second in his draft class in total tackles. Gholston, meanwhile, washed out of the league without picking up an NFL sack.

(Mayo's previous slot: No. 10 overall)

I remember that draft, stone hips, work out warrior VG or Mayo who seemed to grasp the D in NE on his pre draft visits to NE.  Mayo is a leader and consistently is a top tackler in the league.

Yep, great player. Those that try to pidgeon hole him into a coverage LB, or as a run stuffer are slighting his game. He does it all, and is the leader of the D! I hope Collins develops into a player that Mayo already was when he won Defensive Rookie of the year! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This team is one win away from the Superbowl and we have this thread?  All the adversity overcome and we're gonna be negative.  Just...wow.  This team had a top 10 D before losing WV, Mayo, Kelly, etc.  We lose Vollmer and Gronk and the O reinvents itself.  I'd hate to see some of you in a few years when Brady is gone and BB retires.  You'll be on suicide watch as the pats go 9-7. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Wow....

Wilfork makes this D better. Period. To think differently is beyond ignorant. WELL beyond.

Mayo is a SOLID player. He does a VERY GOOD job as MLB. People praising Collins and condemning Mayo...you realize Collins didn't play MLB, right? Fletcher did a lot. Hightower also did some. Mayo is rarely out of position, rarely misses tackles...he also doesn't make any 'special' type plays. Hes solid. To complain about him is silly and very nit-picky. 

As good as the D looked yesterday, it's like you guys forgot how much BETTER they looked early on before the cascade of injuries took hold.

Indy had to pass ALL GAME, and completed, what, 2 deep balls? And people whine and complain. Un-fking-real.

Some people won't be happy until Lott and Reed are at S, and Law and Deion Sanders are at CB. No...then these same people would complain that Deion doesn't tackle, and Lott takes too many penalties.

I don't mean to poor it on Mayo, but have we missed him? I'll say we've missed Wilfork...Kelly, even Spikes will be missed, but I didn't notice a drop off virtually all year because of the lose of Mayo. I think he is a better player than both Fletcher and Hightower - no doubt - but he's no 7 million dollar a year player.

I don't care what anyone says, he's not special. I've watched this guy get burned in coverage for 5 years now....people said..well you can't expect him to be able to cover, well I've watched Collins cover all year and the guy is a rookie.

I think Mayo is solid against the run. I think he is a power player that can run pretty well. I don't think he sucks, but I'm not going to forget all the plays I've seen him not make...there's been too many for me.

FOS comes to mind. Collins had been burnt toast in coverage allllll year long till this past game. jason campbell ring a bell? Jordan cameron. Once again, especially with murtl and tcal, other guys don't have to be bad for new guys to be good. 

Whenever Mayo retires, or if he goes to another team these two guys will be saying, see he sucks! Its a joke. You little jokesters you! 

One of the biggest busts in the draft gets replaced by one of the best picks. Until this season, Mayo had escaped serious injury and had become the leader of Bill Belichick's defense as a versatile player who doesn't need to come off the field. He's second in his draft class in total tackles. Gholston, meanwhile, washed out of the league without picking up an NFL sack.

(Mayo's previous slot: No. 10 overall)

I remember that draft, stone hips, work out warrior VG or Mayo who seemed to grasp the D in NE on his pre draft visits to NE.  Mayo is a leader and consistently is a top tackler in the league.

Yep, great player. Those that try to pidgeon hole him into a coverage LB, or as a run stuffer are slighting his game. He does it all, and is the leader of the D! I hope Collins develops into a player that Mayo already was when he won Defensive Rookie of the year! 

yup i agree.. mayo is asked to do so many different things. hes one of the best in the league and its going to be great to see him playing with some of the new guys. his game will be even better imo. the defense is going to dominate for years to come. throw in a power running game and it extends brady a couple of more years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I do think Gregory has a spot here next year if he is willing to take a reduced salary and most likely reduced snaps. Weak S draft and Pats don't have a lot of free agent $$$ to spend. Gregory is a serviceable 3rd or 4th S and it is up to Harmon to take the job, with Gregory in the 3Rd S role. 

I do feel McCourty has been solid all year, with a couple of very good games. I also think his skill set would play better in a different defense, but this is how BB wants him to play, and he is  making Bb happy. Reliable, versatile, smart, defensive QB. All traits Bb treasures.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

If you want to argue that Collins, mayo, hightower is better than spikes, hightower, and mayo then I can go with that as collins is much faster than spikes.  But folk and kelly are UNARGUEABLY better than the two current occupants of the DT position.  They have gotten better, but please do not insult us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I do think Gregory has a spot here next year if he is willing to take a reduced salary and most likely reduced snaps. Weak S draft and Pats don't have a lot of free agent $$$ to spend. Gregory is a serviceable 3rd or 4th S and it is up to Harmon to take the job, with Gregory in the 3Rd S role. 

I do feel McCourty has been solid all year, with a couple of very good games. I also think his skill set would play better in a different defense, but this is how BB wants him to play, and he is  making Bb happy. Reliable, versatile, smart, defensive QB. All traits Bb treasures.

I agree, I like Harmon to win that job next year but good insurance policy with gregory. Dmc could be more of a ball hawk imo. He supports the run very wel too but is often the deep safety. Has the most range on the team.

or we put collins at safety Surprised he looks like a young Adrian Wilson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I agree, I like Harmon to win that job next year but good insurance policy with gregory. Dmc could be more of a ball hawk imo. He supports the run very wel too but is often the deep safety. Has the most range on the team.

or we put collins at safety Surprised he looks like a young Adrian Wilson.

No, but he may be faster than Adrian Wilson at this point.

Sections
Shortcuts