This defense is on pace to allow 40 TD passes, which would be the most in NFL history.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This defense is on pace to allow 40 TD passes, which would be the most in NFL history.

No regular in that secondary, not McCourty, Chung, Arrington, steve gregory, has played close to well enough to deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's not working and hasn't worked for a long time.

from one objective reporter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: This defense is on pace to allow 40 TD passes, which would be the most in NFL history.

and on poor coaching:

"It's a little bothersome that all the guys in the secondary -- young guys, not veterans who basically coach themselves -- have significantly regressed over the last year or so, right? At some point doesn't someone have to take a hit for this? Look, if a Norv Turner- orJason Garrett-coached team bungles the clock as egregiously as the Patriots did at the end of the first half it's expected, almost comforting, swell fodder for a snarky tweet. But Bill Belichickand Tom Brady pissing away 21 seconds for no reason is a Level 5 shocker. Throw in the two timeouts in the second half -- one taken because the play clock was running down, the other with 12 men on the field -- and no answers for Russell Wilson and you've got a legitimate stinker from Belichick and his staff."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: This defense is on pace to allow 40 TD passes, which would be the most in NFL history.

Who's the reporter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No regular in that secondary, not McCourty, Chung, Arrington, steve gregory, has played close to well enough to deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's not working and hasn't worked for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos  to  you, Bredbru, for  not  drinking  the  koolaid.  First  off, Josh  Boyer  and  Brian  Flores  need  to  be  released.  The  PATS  need  a  significant  upgrade  in  secondary  coaches.  That  is  painfully  obvious, as  not  one, but  several  DB's  have  regressed.  And  BB  needs  to  be  held  accountable  for  hiring  these  2  coaches.  PATS  fans  have  been  frustrated  since  '06  with  the  secondary.  BB  has  failed  to  successfully  field  even  a  top  20  secondary  over  the  past  6  years.  But  b/c  the  PATS  keep  making  the  playoffs, most  fans  continued  to  give  Belichek  a  free  pass.  The  obvious  reason  the  PATS  consistently  make  the  playoffs  is  # 12, not  BB.  In  fact, the  PATS  make  the  playoffs  despite  Belichek's  inept  drafting  and  bone  headed  free  agent  signings.  TB  has  had  a  subpar  year  thus  far.  However, during  the  past  6  years,  he  has  had  more  pressure  on  him  than  any  QB b/c  of  our  pathetic  D  and  historically  average  running  game.  I'd  like  to  see  what  BB  would  do  with  Freeman, Flacco, Sanchez  or  Fitzpatrick  at  QB.  TB  HAS  CHANGED  THE  CULTURE  OF  THE  PATS  ORGANIZATION - FROM  A  MEDIOCRE  ORGANIZATION  TO  A  WINNING, RESPECTED  ORGANIZATION - NOT  BELICHEK. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If it is true that the Patriots DBs are not talented enought to start, what do you do about it?

First of all - I don't agree with that assessment - I think they have plenty of talent playing in a lousy system.

But if I grant the premise that the DB talent is terrible - you still have to play 10 more games!  There is only one way to help the DBs. 

You have to put pressure on the opposing QB.  You have to some up with a variety of blitzes, stunts, schemes, and tricks on defense to confuse the other QB.

Playing a rush 4 every down and hope the back 7 can cover for 10 seconds is the stupidest thing you can do.

Right now BB is doing the stupidest thing.  He is playing vanilla defenses - no blitzes - no dropping linemen in coverage while you blitz a safety - nothing like that.

BB is either lazy or out of ideas. 

The common denominator for all these weak defenses over the last 6 years is BB. 

You could get all pro DBs back there and they will struggle because BB refuses to blitz.  It is the most OBVIOUS problem I have ever seen a football team have.  It isn't a mystery at all.

This is why Russell Wilson had a career day:  NO presssure.  NO blitzes.  NO tricks.  Just vanilla defense.

Sitting around and saying - "boy I hope this defense that hasn't worked for the last 6 seasons suddenly works over the next 10 games is insane."

The DBs will only get better if BB creates a pass rush.  BB hasn't had a pass rush and isn't interested in a pass rush for 6 seasons!  The purpose of a Blitz is to create a mismatch and give your D an advantage.  BB refuses to do it.  Its just rush 4 (against 5) and hope 7 can cover forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

With a "dfensive genius" running the show it's astonishing that we have perhaps the worst secondary in the history of the NFL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it is true that the Patriots DBs are not talented enought to start, what do you do about it?

First of all - I don't agree with that assessment - I think they have plenty of talent playing in a lousy system.

But if I grant the premise that the DB talent is terrible - you still have to play 10 more games!  There is only one way to help the DBs. 

You have to put pressure on the opposing QB.  You have to some up with a variety of blitzes, stunts, schemes, and tricks on defense to confuse the other QB.

Playing a rush 4 every down and hope the back 7 can cover for 10 seconds is the stupidest thing you can do.

Right now BB is doing the stupidest thing.  He is playing vanilla defenses - no blitzes - no dropping linemen in coverage while you blitz a safety - nothing like that.

You could get all pro DBs back there and they will struggle because BB refuses to blitz.  It is the most OBVIOUS problem I have ever seen a football team have.  It isn't a mystery at all.

This is why Russell Wilson had a career day:  NO presssure.  NO blitzes.  NO tricks.  Just vanilla defense.

Sitting around and saying - "boy I hope this defense that hasn't worked for the last 6 seasons suddenly works over the next 10 games is insane."

The DBs will only get better if BB creates a pass rush.  BB hasn't had a pass rush and isn't interested in a pass rush for 6 seasons!  The purpose of a Blitz is to create a mismatch and give your D an advantage.  BB refuses to do it.  Its just rush 4 (against 5) and hope 7 can cover forever.

[/QUOTE]

The  really  sad  thing  about  BB's  ineptness,  I  fear,  is  wasting  TB's  last  11  years.   Bill, "JUST  DO  YOUR  JOB."  Philly  just  fired  their  DC.    What  changes/adjustments  are  you  going  to  make  Bill ?  Or  are  you  going  to  keep  doing  the  same  things  on  D  that  you've  been  doing  since '06 ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kudos  to  you, Bredbru, for  not  drinking  the  koolaid.  First  off, Josh  Boyer  and  Brian  Flores  need  to  be  released.  The  PATS  need  a  significant  upgrade  in  secondary  coaches.  That  is  painfully  obvious, as  not  one, but  several  DB's  have  regressed.  And  BB  needs  to  be  held  accountable  for  hiring  these  2  coaches.  PATS  fans  have  been  frustrated  since  '06  with  the  secondary.  BB  has  failed  to  successfully  field  even  a  top  20  secondary  over  the  past  6  years.  But  b/c  the  PATS  keep  making  the  playoffs, most  fans  continued  to  give  Belichek  a  free  pass.  The  obvious  reason  the  PATS  consistently  make  the  playoffs  is  # 12, not  BB.  In  fact, the  PATS  make  the  playoffs  despite  Belichek's  inept  drafting  and  bone  headed  free  agent  signings.  TB  has  had  a  subpar  year  thus  far.  However, during  the  past  6  years,  he  has  had  more  pressure  on  him  than  any  QB b/c  of  our  pathetic  D  and  historically  average  running  game.  I'd  like  to  see  what  BB  would  do  with  Freeman, Flacco, Sanchez  or  Fitzpatrick  at  QB.  TB  HAS  CHANGED  THE  CULTURE  OF  THE  PATS  ORGANIZATION - FROM  A  MEDIOCRE  ORGANIZATION  TO  A  WINNING, RESPECTED  ORGANIZATION - NOT  BELICHEK. 

[/QUOTE]

have been on the coaches bb has (as opposed to best coaches in the league) and many of the draft selections since on the board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The  really  sad  thing  about  BB's  ineptness,  I  fear,  is  wasting  TB's  last  11  years.   Bill, "JUST  DO  YOUR  JOB."  Philly  just  fired  their  DC.    What  changes/adjustments  are  you  going  to  make  Bill ?  Or  are  you  going  to  keep  doing  the  same  things  on  D  that  you've  been  doing  since '06 ?

[/QUOTE]

"The  really  sad  thing  about  BB's  ineptness,  I  fear,  is  wasting  TB's  last  11  years. "

i didnt call it ineptness. but i have been saying the same for years

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"The  really  sad  thing  about  BB's  ineptness,  I  fear,  is  wasting  TB's  last  11  years. "

i didnt call it ineptness. but i have been saying the same for years

[/QUOTE]

feel free to jump off the bandwagon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's the reporter?

[/QUOTE]

You will never know the answer to that. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's the reporter?

[/QUOTE]

many here make a profession of de-legitamizing analysis by saying that guy is blank. in this instance, i thought the analysis should be digested on its own. you can see it, consider it, disagree based on the detail presented not based on the cult of personality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"This defense is on pace to allow 40 TD passes, which would be the most in NFL history.

and on poor coaching: No regular in that secondary, not McCourty, Chung, Arrington, steve gregory, has played close to well enough to deserve to be a starter in the NFL. It's not working and hasn't worked for a long time.

"It's a little bothersome that all the guys in the secondary -- young guys, not veterans who basically coach themselves -- have significantly regressed over the last year or so, right? At some point doesn't someone have to take a hit for this? Look, if a Norv Turner- orJason Garrett-coached team bungles the clock as egregiously as the Patriots did at the end of the first half it's expected, almost comforting, swell fodder for a snarky tweet. But Bill Belichickand Tom Brady pissing away 21 seconds for no reason is a Level 5 shocker. Throw in the two timeouts in the second half -- one taken because the play clock was running down, the other with 12 men on the field -- and no answers for Russell Wilson and you've got a legitimate stinker from Belichick and his staff.'"

"Who's the reporter?"  ~prolate

"You will never know the answer to that."  ~phil

"Many here make a profession of de-legitamizing analysis by saying that guy is blank. in this instance, i thought the analysis should be digested on its own. you can see it, consider it, disagree based on the detail presented not based on the cult of personality."  ~bredb

It's you, prolate-  YOU'RE the reporter...  The never-ceasing querlous cynic; Forever murkied up in your ugly, incessant search for the actual veracity of stats which are forwarded...the wretched "de-legitamizing" naysayer, asking kindly whether or not an actual human being or whom, was behind a proffered quote.  Tomorrow it'll be harley, the next day, me...minus babe & bredu, we'll all just take turns filling this despicable role that noone wants. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's you, prolate-  YOU'RE the reporter...  The never-ceasing querlous cynic; Forever murkied up in your ugly, incessant search for the actual veracity of stats which are forwarded...the wretched "de-legitamizing" naysayer, asking kindly whether or not an actual human being or whom, was behind a proffered quote.  Tomorrow it'll be harley, the next day, me...minus babe & bredu, we'll all just take turns filling this despicable role that noone wants. 

[/QUOTE]

And what is that despicable role you are burdened with enduring in your turn laz? The role of posting, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and then acting like you just said something of substance?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"And what is that despicable role you are burdened with enduring in your turn laz?"

To come off as an even bigger, more condescending, more hot-headed despicable pr##k, to those whom are negatively condescending despicable pr##ks themselves, when in my very true nature, I AM not, nor do I want to play this role...  But IF I'm dealing with the harsh whom are deaf & blind, and I want & have TRIED & have failed relentless to attempt to bring some semblance of light in order to show them that it's better to try to view the larger nature of the issues & their own...I'm F###!n' crazy enough to g'head and scream & swing my arms wildly in the air in order to get their attention long enough for them to witness me picking up an awl and jabbing it my OWN eye, simply in a last-ditch & undoubtedly fruitless effort, to show them that THEIR deaf & half-blind endeavors, are scr#win' up everyone else's...including my own.

...Mmm- In actually relevant news, NE's Defense has allowed 15 Passing TDs, just 1 or maybe 2 running TDs.  WHILE also intercepting 6 or 7 passes, and Forcing 12 Fumbles & recovering for their OWN team's benefit, 10 of them.  Likewise, the VAST majority of NE's Passing TDs (vs running ones allowed) have come by way of them being ahead and the opposing team NEEDING to come from behind...  Likewise, these TDs have come upon allowing the opposing teams to stay in the game...game after game, when we have the lead, and leave SO many available points on the board, beit through missed field goals, or redzone TD failures, or NE D TO's (far too often deep in the opposing team's territory), in which NE's O gets zippo from it, or simply letting off the brakes on O scoring in the 2nd half vs 1st half scoring to such a degree that you're playing with fire by the time the 4th quarter roles around, or by not being able to secure a win by keeping the ball for just 1 or 2 long extended late-game drives (points or no points), or by turning the ball over (something NE under BB NEVER did) deep in their OWN territory, orrr through bewilderingly poor end of half end of game clock management...

But no- I think it's a great thing that you see: "Late game pass by opposing team resulting in a touchdown...So that there's the sum expanse of your lone and Largest critical problem: NE's Secondary is the worst on earth."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Roflmao...'cause the sheer matter-of-fact bleakness of phil's response to prolate's simple q, still's got me rollin'...

Prolate:  Hey fellas- Real quick here, Who's the reporter?

Phil:  You will never know the answer to that.  Wait, hold on...just waittt for itttt a few more seconds, prolate; Annnd...

bredbru:  Many here make a profession of de-legitamizing analysis by saying that guy is blank. in this instance, i thought the analysis should be digested on its own.

Phil:  And so, there ya go....

<Let's just say, to offer you at least 1 significantly probable answer to your original question:  I HAVE seen bred, give responding posts, TO his OWN replies, which themselves were FROM an INITIAL post...by himself>  <  -Which, I mean, If you're scaring me with just 1 too many personalties all at once...dat's sayin' somethin' (general rule of thumb? =Never greater than 2 in the same single breath, & neither of which should be referenced as an altogether seperate entity TO the other 1...it's all very complicated, but make no mistake, there ARE set rules here). 

Sections
Shortcuts