This draft is horrible so far!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Re: This draft is horrible so far!

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

It's not a sexy draft, no big names, but at least they're addressing positions of need with a WR, a versatile LB and CB/S depth. 

I think this sums it up perfectly.  Picking guys who they think will fit with what they do.

Amen! No sexy picks, but they're filling areas of need with young, athletic players. Can't complain about that.

One thing that stood out against superior teams was their lack of physicality. They weren't as big, fast, or strong as other top teams (Ravens, Niners, Seahawks).

All of these picks have added size, strength, and speed to the team. Dobson and Collins are athletic freaks, period.

Ryan and Harmon don't quite have the unique ahtleticism speed of Dobson and Collins, but they add size, and are physical players. 

Dobson hopefully will blossominto a top WR. Collins went from QB to safety to LB. He obviously has physical talents but is very immature. The only way he makes it, is if he does a good job playing special teams. Same goes for Ryan.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Whining about draft picks is an annual exersise around here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We've had a great draft, I said it, great.  And we still have three 7's left and Belichick can still sneak a player in with a 7... three of them increases the odds of that.

This will only be a great draft as long as they don't take the field.
    However I do like the Dobson pick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

No way accurately judge a draft either way at this point. On the surface it looks good, I really like their first three picks and think they will all play and contribute this season. I wonder why they picked Harmon when they did but who knows, he could turn out to be a very good player. As of now I'm in the group that likes the draft. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Totally happy with the draft.. In BB I try trust.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

Dobson hopefully will blossominto a top WR. Collins went from QB to safety to LB. He obviously has physical talents but is very immature. The only way he makes it, is if he does a good job playing special teams. Same goes for Ryan.

Collins had three defensive coordinators in four years in college. He played QB and LB in HS, and played Safety at first in college, shifted to LB, and then shifted to DE/LB. So ... he has coverage skills that most projected OLBs in college do not. Versatility is a trait that BB likes, and he dislikes trying to predict how a typical college DE convertion to OLB will go. Very different skill set.

And immature? First I have heard of that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

haha thats what alot of folks here sound like! I learned my lesson during the David Terrell / Richard Seymour draft to trust BB!

No. People here seem to be confining their complaints to the Harmon pick, at #91. There was no need to spend the 91st overall pick on a guy most others listed as a fringe player. If the Jets had taken him with such a relatively high pick, what would your response have been? 

If the jets had BB running the organization and had won more games then any team for 13 years running then I would say they know something Mel Kiper didn't.....which isn't saying much.

The usual homer BS from you. If the Jets had spent a 3rd rounder on Harmon, what would you be saying about that? The Pats would have won a couple of more titles if not for BB's horrible 2006-09 drafts.

Now let's see you defend the Harmon pick, just like you defended the Tavion Wilson pick last year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Jeff Demps and a 7th to Bucs for Lagarret Blount...GREAT TRADE BB!!!!

He jacked up Loverboy's lead singer.