This forum has become a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

This forum has become a joke

I'm looking for a new place to talk patriots, where the mods take care of the trolls with 9 usernames, and the ignore function works.

Later all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: This forum has become a joke

In response to ChasaB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm looking for a new place to talk patriots, where the mods take care of the trolls with 9 usernames, and the ignore function works.

RESPONSE: Trolls are your only complaint? How 'bout lack of editing, spell check, type-set format which double spaces everything, the tendency of computer lock-ups...causing one to lose entire posts, the silly hodge-podge whenever you respond to another post, and the failure of the Mods to be honest with us as to the staus of the changes...and whether changes are actually  going to take place? I too have been tempted to move on.   

Later all.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Cool it both of you and don't give me any BS or I'll stone you both with popcorn! Relax.

Hundreds of Millions across the world have things very tough, homeless, hungry ...etc. This is nothing in comparison. Stay cool we will win! GO PAT PLEASE ...er I mean GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I'm in agreement.. As you can see I've been here for years. if you find a place to talk Pats foobal please let me know.. I'll leave this NY run board ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Is the forum done.  Or are they still working on it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's 1 that is OK. Seems to be lots of activity, kind of confusing to look at and navigate through at first.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

From there "new posters" section:

Just to clear up something that was asked several times from people via E-mails, we have a restriction on new posters from being able to start threads. The primary reason is to prevent automated spam posts, which flood the forums and cause a lot of headaches both from our users and our moderators. You can obviously reply to current threads to build your post count up, which once you're an established poster here it will allow you to be able to begin posting your own threads.

I've lowered the minimum post restriction to 50 in the main forum prior to starting threads to prevent new users from other teams from coming into the main forum and spamming the board with flame threads, etc. This restriction also comes into play for our own fans, as it allows new users the chance to get to know the rest of the people in the community before starting their own topics, as by replying to current threads it allows people to hear your opinions and learn a little about you so that you'll be more likely to get interaction from the community when you do add a new topic. This is a high traffic forum and we're also looking for the passionate fans who are here for the long haul. We're glad to have each of you here, and we look forward to your contribution!

Moderators who keep in touch with the masses? What a novel idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Whoever said free was pretty?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From there "new posters" section:

Just to clear up something that was asked several times from people via E-mails, we have a restriction on new posters from being able to start threads. The primary reason is to prevent automated spam posts, which flood the forums and cause a lot of headaches both from our users and our moderators. You can obviously reply to current threads to build your post count up, which once you're an established poster here it will allow you to be able to begin posting your own threads.

I've lowered the minimum post restriction to 50 in the main forum prior to starting threads to prevent new users from other teams from coming into the main forum and spamming the board with flame threads, etc. This restriction also comes into play for our own fans, as it allows new users the chance to get to know the rest of the people in the community before starting their own topics, as by replying to current threads it allows people to hear your opinions and learn a little about you so that you'll be more likely to get interaction from the community when you do add a new topic. This is a high traffic forum and we're also looking for the passionate fans who are here for the long haul. We're glad to have each of you here, and we look forward to your contribution!

Moderators who keep in touch with the masses? What a novel idea.

[/QUOTE]

Patsfans is the most informative and tightly run board I have been on, Ian keeps in constant contact (almost daily) and responds to all PM. All trolls have a tight leash. And since the team site went under and this one is not far behind its membership is soaring even higher. It is actualy not confusing, take a couple hours to navigate all it has to offer (and that is a lot), it is worth it. It is always maintained at a high quality...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ChasaB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Later all.

[/QUOTE]

Damn.  How will we get by without you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm still all about "Free".  I don't want to have to pay just to talk football.  I'll hang in there until it becomes intolerable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am going to be patient with the change/changes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like I have said, you can make your own free board like this one...

http://patsfanforum.proboards.com/

lots of features and it works well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lots of features and it works well. [/QUOTE]

Proboards has been around a long time, yes it's free and many features. Bottom of the line free site. They do everything for you and you need not to know anything much about Computers.

BUT, the main problem is that all  Proboards are BURIED within the main website and it is not visible to the public on web searches. To draw any new members you need to tell people. It soon becomes a meeting place for a few. Besides that, the creator of a FREE proboard will be the Moderator and the MOD knows all the members IP addresses ( whether you choose sign in or NOT) and where they are located geographically and also knows your email address or FB ID upon sign-in. All visitors are fingerprinted by the site to be used and sold by Proboards. Why do you think it's FREE?

The best thing to do is for all of us to shout out to someone to create a 'Stand-alone website' for a Pats Forum that will easily be on top of page web searches for a Patriots Forum. This can be done by someone who knows Internet code and website development. The ONLY problem is that I/YOU alone can't maintain moderation 24/7, so we would need about 5-6 guys to help moderate and they would have the tools to administer Bans, delete someones 'filthy' comment, insulting comments etc.

example: If your searching on the Web for the Patriots home page it is 'highly' possible for this Website to place second on that search list directly under the formal Patriots page. There are ways to to force this and it will become popular.

Know what I mean?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still all about "Free".  I don't want to have to pay just to talk football.  I'll hang in there until it becomes intolerable.

[/QUOTE]

Again where is there a pay message board??? Have NEVER seen one...That argument is baseless..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

As someone who has developed and managed a bit of sotware projects, and own my own startup now, let me tell you what happened.  No, I don't have to work there to know what happened.  This is roughly how it always happens:

1. The IT department has been rumbling about the cost of the existing forum software used by BDC.  Management thinks it costs too much.  The IT staff thinks it wouldn't be too hard to replace.

2. IT department convinces management that the project will not be too difficult.  Management agrees.

3. IT department learns the hard way that sometimes something that looks simple and easy is anything but.  However, it's getting close to the license renewal for the existing software.  Have to finish the project before then.

4. The project is way behind.  Most of what IT sold management on has not been delivered.  It's too late though.  They can't go back and tell management the project has failed.  They say to themselves that it's good enough to deploy.

5. They deploy.

6. The IT staff loses any semblance of a personal life.  They are working around the clock trying to complete the project they told management would be easy.  They are doing their best to suppress the new and dismal forum usage stats.  Management is breathing fire down their neck.

7. Version 2 is deployed 12 months later that delivers on most that was promised with version 1.  The company that developed the old forum software is laughing hard.  They are wondering why anyone thought they could replicate their system so quickly...as if it were that easy.  They are wondering why they didn't at least begin with one of the many open source forum engines as a starting point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

If that site works for you then go for it. Good site but in my opinion it could be more user friendly. They are heavy hitters, Just a bit of info below:

PatsFans.com Is a Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.The opinions posted in this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of our staff at PatsFans.com or USA Today.

This site is owned and operated by I&K Internet Design Enterprises, LLC. This is the lobby for the VIP Forum, which will allow members who have donated to the site to access this forum along. You can also access the NFL News Rooms and other features inside the below forum.  To Donate http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/83929-those-who-would-like-donate-patsfans-com.html"and you'll have access to both forums, along with all 32+ news areas in NFL NEWS forums below.

So it's basically "free" for everyday needs. In short it's a franchise (Pizza Hut, McDonalds, etc) developed by USA TODAY which comes ready and stocked and can be bought from USA TODAY and managed and moderated by YOU who asks for the donations!!!!! Go for it! Better than anything outside of this one at BDC.

Instead of 'donations' why not offer members points for free Pats Gear ordered from our own website, Couple of free ticks to a Home game etc.

I'll settle for BDC for now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patsfans is the most informative and tightly run board I have been on, Ian keeps in constant contact (almost daily) and responds to all PM. All trolls have a tight leash. And since the team site went under and this one is not far behind its membership is soaring even higher. It is actualy not confusing, take a couple hours to navigate all it has to offer (and that is a lot), it is worth it. It is always maintained at a high quality...

[/QUOTE]

Ian owns and runs the patsfan site.  Lots of people on there and if they don't agree with you then look out.  Ian is pretty much a control freak over there.  since he owns the site if you post or start a thread that he doesn't like he will make put his two cents in the thread and then close it before you or anyone else can respond to what he posted.  The dude has an agenda over there. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again where is there a pay message board??? Have NEVER seen one...That argument is baseless..

[/QUOTE]

It's not an argument.  Who's arguing?  If there's a free forum then let's all go there if the majority is not happy with this one.  I'm all for that.  But not ESPN. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not an argument.  Who's arguing?  If there's a free forum then let's all go there if the majority is not happy with this one.  I'm all for that.  But not ESPN. 

[/QUOTE]

By the way, I'm toasted right now so I couldn't coherently (?) argue with anybody at this point.

I think I may have actually spelled that right.  Coherently I mean.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lots of features and it works well. [/QUOTE]

Proboards has been around a long time, yes it's free and many features. Bottom of the line free site. They do everything for you and you need not to know anything much about Computers.

BUT, the main problem is that all  Proboards are BURIED within the main website and it is not visible to the public on web searches. To draw any new members you need to tell people. It soon becomes a meeting place for a few. Besides that, the creator of a FREE proboard will be the Moderator and the MOD knows all the members IP addresses ( whether you choose sign in or NOT) and where they are located geographically and also knows your email address or FB ID upon sign-in. All visitors are fingerprinted by the site to be used and sold by Proboards. Why do you think it's FREE?

The best thing to do is for all of us to shout out to someone to create a 'Stand-alone website' for a Pats Forum that will easily be on top of page web searches for a Patriots Forum. This can be done by someone who knows Internet code and website development. The ONLY problem is that I/YOU alone can't maintain moderation 24/7, so we would need about 5-6 guys to help moderate and they would have the tools to administer Bans, delete someones 'filthy' comment, insulting comments etc.

example: If your searching on the Web for the Patriots home page it is 'highly' possible for this Website to place second on that search list directly under the formal Patriots page. There are ways to to force this and it will become popular.

Know what I mean?

[/QUOTE]

Let the admin for a proboards site have the members elect mods. As far as the admin having the IP address, what is the problem with that? Same goes for the e-mail address. I don't see a problem with those aspects.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As someone who has developed and managed a bit of sotware projects, and own my own startup now, let me tell you what happened.  No, I don't have to work there to know what happened.  This is roughly how it always happens:

[/QUOTE]

Using my IT career experience it is usually management/ownership that dictates the desired change.   They look at the cost and say "we need to do things differently".  The IT department usually can't get past it's own ego to tell mgmt/owners ala Dilbert "you are crazy".  Plus, internal control means more IT jobs at BDC.

So, we have the Pointy Haired Boss's forum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ian is pretty much a control freak over there.  since he owns the site if you post or start a thread that he doesn't like he will make put his two cents in the thread and then close it before you or anyone else can respond to what he posted.  The dude has an agenda over there. 

[/QUOTE]

Total BS Have NEVER seen that happen! But if you show trollish tendencies, you will be extinguished...

Sections
Shortcuts