This franchise has lost its way.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

This franchise has lost its way.

Play calling stinks beyond belief.  Galloway stinks, and is an embarrassment.  Pass rush stinks, as every year.  Brady is rusty.  Pats have zero "play makers" on defense. None. Zip. Zero. Bunch of spare parts and cast offs.

The Pats won 3 titles with big play makers on D, such as Ty Law, McGinest, Bruschi.  Guys that came up with HUGE plays that won games.  The Pats' D today stinks by comparison.  Bunch of average guys playing "bend but don't break" and soft zones.  Remember that BB traded down over and over in last year's draft.  How did that work out?  We got junk in the draft again, but lots of it. Great.  Who needs talent?  Who is our big playmaker on D?  Adalis Thomas?  His face is on a milk carton. Our only good player is a run stopping nose tackle.  Whoopie.

Don't get me started on the play calling.  Every play, shotgun, 2 yard pass.  Dink and dunk galore.  Our WRs beside Moss are a joke.  Clowns.  Horrible.  To drive 90 yards we would need 30 completed passes, and 15 minutes on the clock.

We ran the ball great in the 1st quarter, both games, and then abandoned it the rest of the game, in favor of our joke 2 yard per catch passing game.  

BB needs to wake up and wake this team up.  We stink. The rest of the league has caught and passed us.  We are not THE team to beat, we are team that gets pushed around by average teams. If we can't outplay the Bills and Jets, what hope do we have against Pittsburgh?

When was the last time we did a draw play?  Or screen? Or play action?  Or reverse?  Anything other than the same old shotgun empty-backfield dink and dunk?  We're an eff-ing joke right now.  

I love the Pats, BB, and Brady, but this franchise has lost its way. I have no clue what we are trying to accomplish, it certainly is not fielding the best team in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 112288. Show 112288's posts

Re: This franchise has lost its way.

Perhaps its time to look at the special team coaches. Not excited about their offense. Looks to bland to me and for defense we sometimes look lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to This franchise has lost its way.:
    [QUOTE]Play calling stinks beyond belief.  Galloway stinks, and is an embarrassment.  Pass rush stinks, as every year.  Brady is rusty.  Pats have zero "play makers" on defense. None. Zip. Zero. Bunch of spare parts and cast offs. The Pats won 3 titles with big play makers on D, such as Ty Law, McGinest, Bruschi.  Guys that came up with HUGE plays that won games.  The Pats' D today stinks by comparison.  Bunch of average guys playing "bend but don't break" and soft zones.  Remember that BB traded down over and over in last year's draft.  How did that work out?  We got junk in the draft again, but lots of it. Great.  Who needs talent?  Who is our big playmaker on D?  Adalis Thomas?  His face is on a milk carton. Our only good player is a run stopping nose tackle.  Whoopie. Don't get me started on the play calling.  Every play, shotgun, 2 yard pass.  Dink and dunk galore.  Our WRs beside Moss are a joke.  Clowns.  Horrible.  To drive 90 yards we would need 30 completed passes, and 15 minutes on the clock. We ran the ball great in the 1st quarter, both games, and then abandoned it the rest of the game, in favor of our joke 2 yard per catch passing game.   BB needs to wake up and wake this team up.  We stink. The rest of the league has caught and passed us.  We are not THE team to beat, we are team that gets pushed around by average teams. If we can't outplay the Bills and Jets, what hope do we have against Pittsburgh? When was the last time we did a draw play?  Or screen? Or play action?  Or reverse?  Anything other than the same old shotgun empty-backfield dink and dunk?  We're an eff-ing joke right now.   I love the Pats, BB, and Brady, but this franchise has lost its way. I have no clue what we are trying to accomplish, it certainly is not fielding the best team in the NFL.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: This franchise has lost its way.:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps its time to look at the special team coaches. Not excited about their offense. Looks to bland to me and for defense we sometimes look lost. 112288
    Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]

They have Leon Washington in the return game. We have Molasses, er, Maroney. Worth at least 15 yards difference in field position every time, and an occasional take-it-to-the-house.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I lost it when we drove the ball down to the Jet 20 yard line, had 2nd and 2, then did two shotgun incomplete passes, and booted our final FG of the game.

2nd and 2, and you shotgun pass twice?  W - T - F ?!

Play action at least?  Or run the ball twice?  Anything other than telegraphing two passes on short yardage?

Sorry, that is just either lazy, arrogant, or incredibly stupid play calling. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxhawk. Show redsoxhawk's posts

I agree 100% of your evaluation on PATS. Also, money has been an issue starting with Branch and continues to be a problem. You have to pay your great players money to keep them on the team. Trading out of 1st round to collect later picks has been a big mistake. There drafts latley have been horrible. This team is on the decline as we speak.

Kraft better pay the players like Vince or they will have a lot of empty seats . They are not fielding the best team because they are cheap. They will get smoked next week --no pass rush--no running game---bad play calling ---no Wins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]When was the last time we did a draw play?  Or screen? Or play action?  Or reverse?  Anything other than the same old shotgun empty-backfield dink and dunk?  We're an eff-ing joke right now.

your a pessimistic idiot. i hate people like you john. defenses are getting smarter and faster. reverses more often than not get stuffed against defenses today, also we run plenty of play action. do you watch the games? or do you see the final score, watch the highlights, and then make ignorant threads like this one? im sorry that 19-0 are out of the question, but im sick and tired of people like you writing them off after 2 weeks, sure they need work, but thats exactly what theyll do... work on the flaws. just think next time before you start spewing garbage like this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

your the joke. are you kidding me. what games are you watching? play action, draw play, screen? when playing from behind those plays aren't high percentage plays to call. plan and simple...we are not that great anymore.. maybe teams like the bills and jets have caught up to us, by the way the steelers aren't that good either.(and we aren't playing them this year) you are probably that dopey red sox fan who still thinks that the sox are better than the yanks, well time to wake up, can't be great forever, sorry pal, its life... the trades are to help build the future of the team, the non cap era is upon us soon, and the pats need to prepare them selves for it. stupid play calling? didn't realize you were an nfl coach! we stopped running the ball cause guess what; the jets got a good defense, maybe one of the best in the league. i hate to hurt your feeling, but the pats will be fine, maybe not the superbowl contenders that we hoped for, but they will be respectable. the runs over, it ended when they went 18-1. watch the game next time and see that the pats are not great anymore, the are just a good team.  there are plenty of games left to right this ship, but don't expect much, with teams like the jets and bills in our division its not gonna be easy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

The one thing I will agree with is the Patriots continually trade out of first round and the two things you need to think about is the secondary has not been good for a long time. They never replaced Law or Samuel. They should of been upgrading at linebacker 3 years ago.  

Brady has covered up allot of mistakes over the bast several years, if he loses a step they will be in trouble.

That said, they were 4-5 the year they won the Superbowl in 2001.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HiLeon. Show HiLeon's posts

OH Man!These threads are great reading-One game and the whole fan base has lost it!

How A typically NE fanbase of you all.I love being a Jets fan and watching you people fall apart!Ahahahahaha

Y'all try to get some sleep now....ya'hear?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Play calling stinks beyond belief.  Galloway stinks, and is an embarrassment.  Pass rush stinks, as every year.  Brady is rusty.  Pats have zero "play makers" on defense. None. Zip. Zero. Bunch of spare parts and cast offs. The Pats won 3 titles with big play makers on D, such as Ty Law, McGinest, Bruschi.  Guys that came up with HUGE plays that won games.  The Pats' D today stinks by comparison.  Bunch of average guys playing "bend but don't break" and soft zones.  Remember that BB traded down over and over in last year's draft.  How did that work out?  We got junk in the draft again, but lots of it. Great.  Who needs talent?  Who is our big playmaker on D?  Adalis Thomas?  His face is on a milk carton. Our only good player is a run stopping nose tackle.  Whoopie. Don't get me started on the play calling.  Every play, shotgun, 2 yard pass.  Dink and dunk galore.  Our WRs beside Moss are a joke.  Clowns.  Horrible.  To drive 90 yards we would need 30 completed passes, and 15 minutes on the clock. We ran the ball great in the 1st quarter, both games, and then abandoned it the rest of the game, in favor of our joke 2 yard per catch passing game.   BB needs to wake up and wake this team up.  We stink. The rest of the league has caught and passed us.  We are not THE team to beat, we are team that gets pushed around by average teams. If we can't outplay the Bills and Jets, what hope do we have against Pittsburgh? When was the last time we did a draw play?  Or screen? Or play action?  Or reverse?  Anything other than the same old shotgun empty-backfield dink and dunk?  We're an eff-ing joke right now.   I love the Pats, BB, and Brady, but this franchise has lost its way. I have no clue what we are trying to accomplish, it certainly is not fielding the best team in the NFL.

lol  tooo funny bet you are singin a different tune in november/december

this is a young, new defense. They are working out kinks. Brady is working out kinks.... and so are all the rest

this is a wakeup call but it is still SEPTEMBER FOOTBALL!

ye of little faith

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckfairbanks. Show chuckfairbanks's posts

I would hardly qualify today's loss to a good, not great, Jets team as the franchise "losing its way."  In '02 they blew out Pitt and NYJ to open the season.  How'd that season turn out?  In other words, 2 games does not make the season.  Yes, the Pats need some work, maybe a new o-coordinator, but the talent is there as long as Brady is healthy and the O-line play doesn't get him killed.

The defense is definitely in transition after losing Seymour, Teddy, Vrabel, and Rodney but wasn't everyone complaining last year that the D was too old and slow?  Guess what?  They're younger and faster but adapting to new players with new roles.  I like today's D stat sheet where the LBs and DLs are making the tackles instead of the DBs like last week and last year.  Guyton was much better today and will be even better when Mayo returns.  The DL was particularly stout against the touted Jets run offense and the secondary was better except for one breakdown on the Jets first play to start the second half that led to their only TD.

The offense should be the main concern.  The play calling is very predictable.  Like when Jenkins came out for a play it was obvious to me they would run and Ellis tramples over Kazcur from the other side of the line to make the TFL on a crucial 3rd down non-conversion.  Ever hear of play action?  Galloway is terrible - lousy route running, too many drops, not evading tacklers, seemed like a poor effort on his part.  Remind me again why Greg Lewis was cut?  Edelman looked like the second coming of Welker until his 3rd down drop near the goal line.  And his PR/KRs were not at all productive although that was not totally his fault because...

...special teams play was terrible today.  Kickoff coverage was bad.  It seemed like the Jets starting field position after every kickoff was between the 30-40 yard line and don't quote me, but it seemed they couldn't score when starting deeper in their own territory after any change of possesion.  NE's punt returns netted nothing but that should improve with Welker's return.

Lots of work to be done and better be done quick as there is no letup in the schedule.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

These posts are almost as funny as the degenerates who posted on the other anti patriot thread. HILARIOUS! The ignorance of some posts actually cheer me up after this loss.  It's comical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

it was a horrible loss today... but lets not take it too far...
    There were a lot of reasons for this, and all of them on offense. I consider holding a team to 16 points a W for the defense, which is not the strength of this team.
    The offense was the reason.
    Here's the breakdown:
    1) Brady's accuracy is off...which is infact his greatest strength. Its kind of understandable with 1.5 yrs away from game action. Give him a few weeks people... Stop equating playing in the NFL like playing madden. You dont just step on the field and tell the other defense that you are tom brady, and get the W.
    2) WR's: Welker's absence played a major role in the loss. He is brady's main option for timing plays. And the best way to beat blitzes are by using ur timing plays. 
    3) Lack of RB help: I think they could have beaten the blitz by making faulk/maroney run some out routes and curls out of the backfield, as well as using screens. 

1 good thing to come out of this game was Juliun Edelman's emergence. I think he will be the 3rd WR in a few weeks. He will be more reliable than galloway. 
    Once brady gets his timing down, and the emergence of a Wes Welker #2 in juliun edelman... watch out... I think this offense will be scarier... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]These posts are almost as funny as the degenerates who posted on the other anti patriot thread. HILARIOUS! The ignorance of some posts actually cheer me up after this loss.  It's comical.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

If you eliminate Leon's numerous accounts, and then ignore the folks coming over from the Sox board, you will see that most folks have put this into proper perspective.  I don't know what it is about the Sox board, but everyone over there is doom and gloom.  I see our loss as being really simple to understand.  A good defense will make a good offense look like a bunch of chumps.  The Jets have shown that for at least the first two weeks of 2009, their D is pretty darn good.  All of the other issues like Brady's accuracy and such are just the byproduct of facing a good defense.  I doubt our offense will struggle next week.  Next week will be the first real test for our defense though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Defense? If you told me this morning that the Pats D will give up 16 points in today's game, I would have counted a W in our column. 

Offense was the undoing. We couldn't move the ball past the 20 yard line to save our lives. All game I was waiting for the Patriots offense to come alive, and I waited, and waited till the 1:11 seconds when Brady threw a ball that was knocked down to Galloway. This is the first time since 2006, that I have to say that a lack of offense was the Patriots undoing. I'll give the Jets D some credit, they played well, but our offense brought out a unit resembling the 2006 Patriots (with Caldwell and Gabriel as our #1 & 2) that struggled to score points. I know no one ever wants to say it but I will, Brady overthrew and underthrew receivers all game long. The pass to Galloway in the endzone, underthrown. The pass to Edelman on I think 3 and 2 on the 20 yard, overthrown. The INT, should have never been thrown. The Defense only had one bad series in my opinion and that was the only TD allowed. Three times they stop the Jets from scoring any points in the fourth Quarter and they only allowed one score (FG) and all three times the offense wiffed. Fred Taylor had a hot hand all game but the playcaller rotated the RBs and abandoned the run in the second half. The Pats need an OC, fast. I'm not surprised a QB coach would decided to throw the ball 44 times.

I give our defense a B, Offense gets a D, and special teams get a C. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

In many ways I agree with you. The offensive playcalling is horrible. We are acting as if a 3 point game is a 21 point deficit most of the time. BB needs to pick a RB and hand him the ball 25 times to get some pressure off Brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]In many ways I agree with you. The offensive playcalling is horrible. We are acting as if a 3 point game is a 21 point deficit most of the time. BB needs to pick a RB and hand him the ball 25 times to get some pressure off Brady.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

Let's hope BB doesn't pick Maroney to hand the ball-off 25 times a game!  He should be #5 on the depth chart. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think the defense doesn't look like 2003/2004, but they look better than 2008.  Yeah, the coverage was too soft near the end, but those problems will get worked.  And they definitely need work on tackling.  Need work on tackling.  Need work on tackling.

As for the O, their problems are more complicated and manifold.  By far the biggest, most worrisome thing is that Brady has lost his cool pocket presence.  This was argualby his worst game, because he looked lost and hopeless.  Worse than the SB.  Worse than the Colts and Chargers games way back.  He looked nothing like Brady of old, and the legit fear is that it is the injury affecting him mentally.  His technique was horrible, on par with Rex Grossman. He was just tossing balls into the air when he still had time, full of panic.  If he isn't seeing a sports psychologist, he probably should try it. Keep in mind, Brady hasn't played a good, solid 60-miute game since the AFC divisional play-offs for 2007. He was weak in the SB, weak intrhe AFC championship and weak at the start of last year's Game One.

As for the rest of the O, the RBs were making terrible chip blocks. The line could not make holes on the run and could not close holes on the pass. The receivers were dropping tough-but-catchable balls.  And I agree that they gave up on the running game way too early.  They were running the ball well on one drive in the 2nd half and gave up on it after a holding penalty.  As for penalties?  Stupid, stupid penalities, half of them Brady's fault for the O.  This team used to be the least penalized team. What happened?

The play calling was pitiful.  Maybe the brain drain has finally taken a toll.  Why were they going for the big yards when Brady and the receivers were so out of synch?  If anything, I would liked to have seen more cuts and slants, fewer bombs and screens.

As for special teams, great kicking and punting, but the rest of them need work.  They were giving up huge returns because of missed tackles and bad angles. 

The Jets look legit so far.  We may have seen the division champ and a dark horse for the play-offs.  Sanchez looked like Brady of 2003/20004. Ryan out-coached BB.

I am not slitting wrists, but so far this is the most disorganized, underplaying Patriots squad I have seen since 2000, as of the last four games, excluding the pre-season. Maybe BB has taken on too much.  Maybe he has made some bad coaching picks.  Have they lost their way?  Have they not recovered from the SB funk?  Have they shed too many leaders at one time?  They surely missed Seymour and Vrabel. Have they passed on too many number one picks?  Or did BB just see this as a rebuilding year, fully expecting Brady to have a bad year, a' la McNabb after his last knee injury?  I think we will know within the next four or five games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The Defense? If you told me this morning that the Pats D will give up 16 points in today's game, I would have counted a W in our column.  Offense was the undoing. We couldn't move the ball past the 20 yard line to save our lives. All game I was waiting for the Patriots offense to come alive, and I waited, and waited till the 1:11 seconds when Brady threw a ball that was knocked down to Galloway. This is the first time since 2006, that I have to say that a lack of offense was the Patriots undoing. I'll give the Jets D some credit, they played well, but our offense brought out a unit resembling the 2006 Patriots (with Caldwell and Gabriel as our #1 & 2) that struggled to score points. I know no one ever wants to say it but I will, Brady overthrew and underthrew receivers all game long. The pass to Galloway in the endzone, underthrown. The pass to Edelman on I think 3 and 2 on the 20 yard, overthrown. The INT, should have never been thrown. The Defense only had one bad series in my opinion and that was the only TD allowed. Three times they stop the Jets from scoring any points in the fourth Quarter and they only allowed one score (FG) and all three times the offense wiffed. Fred Taylor had a hot hand all game but the playcaller rotated the RBs and abandoned the run in the second half. The Pats need an OC, fast. I'm not surprised a QB coach would decided to throw the ball 44 times. I give our defense a B, Offense gets a D, and special teams get a C. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Perfectly expressed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

oh the shame of it all. now the whole franchise is in jeopardy.

Poor Mr. Kraft allowing BB and Brady to destroy his franchise and dreams after one loss in a new season. He should fire BB and trade Brady for good of the uniform.

I think Mr. Kraft should put out an IPO on the team now to recover some of his costs before the franchise is bankrupt and the CBA is not renegotiated....

Can you guys be serious with all this BS? Unfarkinbelievable and recockulous is what I think of these threads.

Thank you trolls.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Perhaps, this franchise needs to understand that we no longer look at them as champions?  After all, most of the lot that won is no longer with the team.  This group hasn't earned a thing; they are not champions.

Perhaps, too many players are just coming to New England expecting to win without putting in the effort?

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts