THIS GAME WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CLOSE... great to win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

THIS GAME WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CLOSE... great to win!

OBRIAN playcalling on offense 

and bb on defense (rushin 3  and letting flacco go down field easily;
    and killing the clock at the end of first half with  111 left) 

were the only reason ravens were in the game.
    otherwise it would not have been close

even with the turnovers

players played a very good game, especially the defense.

coaches had a bad game.

brady has a subpar game, but make no mistake, he was instrumental on all those long drives even without the tds adn his gutzy, gutzy dove over the goal line he he nearly got broken in to courtesy of ray lewis. (hitting him in th back when his body was in a backbend. hope the dude is flexible an does his yoga or that is gonna be a problem. regardless that hit in his back is going to hurt. 

it's great to win!! yes!!  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: EVEN AS WE PLAYED, IF NOT FOR POOR PLAYCALLING, GAME WOULDNT BE CLOSE

yeah i agree, the play calling was atrocious, the worst all season and brady didn't have his best game but they won. chances are that they will play better in the superbowl. that long pass after the spikes pick wasn't a head scratcher but just plain stupid. the superbowl should be much better. 

they no longer can say the patriots didn't beat any winning teams this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

I hate the way BB gets so conservative in the big games. Seems like he tightens up with Brady not far behind. Hated that INT on the Slater play. Don't know why they didn't try to take time off the clock.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

the blitz was working really well in the first half of the game, seemed like they abandoned it in the second half

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

on the other hand, if the refs called boldin's incompletion a TD...the ravens would have won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: EVEN AS WE PLAYED, IF NOT FOR POOR PLAYCALLING, GAME WOULDNT BE CLOSE:
    [QUOTE]I hate the way BB gets so conservative in the big games. Seems like he tightens up with Brady not far behind. Hated that INT on the Slater play. Don't know why they didn't try to take time off the clock.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

agreed on bb tightening up in big games. makes the egdge between winning and losing much smaller

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

yep...agreed with above.  Defense got a big play with that INT...then the offense went for that kill shot.  It wasn't a check at the line...that was the plan from BO'B for sure.  Defense had been on the field all quarter, then the offense goes and gives it right back...careless and amateur playcalling in my opinion.

Then when they got the ball back again...thanks to the defense forcing a turnover on downs, they get 7 yards on first down...then send the north/south runner going east/west for a loss...then a predictable call on 3rd down.  Just bad all around...

I was irate at the playcalling in that fourth quarter.  Defensively regarding the blitz...i'm glad they went away from it.  They weren't getting the solo tackles needed with Flacco getting the ball out quickly and effectively. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: EVEN AS WE PLAYED, IF NOT FOR POOR PLAYCALLING, GAME WOULDNT BE CLOSE:
    [QUOTE]yep...agreed with above.  Defense got a big play...then they went for that kill shot.  It wasn't a check at the line...that was the plan from BO'B for sure.  Defense had been on the field all quarter, then the offense goes and gives it right back...careless and amateur playcalling in my opinion. Then when they got the ball back again...thanks to the defense forcing a turnover on downs, they get 7 yards on first down...then send the north/south runner going east/west for a loss...then a predictable call on 3rd down.  Just bad all around... I was irate at the playcalling in that fourth quarter.  Defensively regarding the blitz...i'm glad they went away from it.  They weren't getting the solo tackles needed with Flacco getting the ball out quickly and effectively. 
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

3 is too few. 4 and at times 5 is much smarter. i beleive we got beat more with the 3 rushing throughout the gaem than by heavy bltizes, though i like the middle ground much of the time 4 or 5.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: THIS GAME WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CLOSE... great to win!

if you cant cover, why not blitz?  when they stopped blitzing, flacco turned it on

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

At the time i was not happy that they did not try to score at the end of the first half. Welker's fumble may have spooked Belichek a little and caused him to be a little more conservative than normal. If any QB can drive a team 60 yards in a minute it is Brady. I felt they were playing uncharecteristically timid there. They won so the decision turned out to be the correct one i guess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Bill got conservative YEs

1.- Gronk aou of bound catch... CHALLENGE !!!!
    2.- End of half... Go for it with 3 TO
    3.- Rush? no, i dont have a problem with that... even with 3 the defense rushed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: THIS GAME WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CLOSE... great to win!:
    [QUOTE] At the time i was not happy that they did not try to score at the end of the first half. Welker's fumble may have spooked Belichek a little and caused him to be a little more conservative than normal. If any QB can drive a team 60 yards in a minute it is Brady. I felt they were playing uncharecteristically timid there. They won so the decision turned out to be the correct one i guess.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

agreed with you till the end.
    if it were not for mhk on 2 plays at the end. the touchdown and the fg, game would have been given away. poorly coached. there is no way around it. the players and mhk made up for obrian and bb in this game.
    good to see you around here today ccnsd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: THIS GAME WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CLOSE... great to win!:
    [QUOTE]Bill got conservative YEs 1.- Gronk aou of bound catch... CHALLENGE !!!! 2.- End of half... Go for it with 3 TO 3.- Rush? no, i dont have a problem with that... even with 3 the defense rushed
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

thanks for weighing in auchh
    but what about obrian playcalling as well.
    killing several drives and calling the bomb when we have the ball with not a lot of time left