THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING

The New England Patriots are about to play in their 5th Super Bowl in 10 years and some Pats fans on this forum are bickering like a bunch of elementary school kids over what happened in the conference game that the Pats just won.  This is akin to American citizens bickering over who did more to win World War II - The Army, The Navy, The Marines or The Army Air Corps.  Who gives a f**k - we won.

Good f**kin grief.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING

This is the forum all year.  The thing was, all the Jest trolls and whatnot covered it up a bit.  Left to our own devices, there were more insane posts from supposed Patriot fans than from trolls.  Rusty pushes his agenda, Babe pushes his, CC is just nucking futs, people are running around screaming "One and Done!!!" as the victories mounted, we won the division and then the 1 seed.  Once we weren't one and done, they just screamed about something else.  Sad.  What a bunch of moronic low class fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We fans are a demanding bunch.  We want it all, 500 yard passing games, 50 points per game, less then 10 points allowed and +5 in the turnover department every game.  If we don't get it then we are going to complain because clearly the Patriots can not win a game without doing all the things mentioned above!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I remember beating the Dolphins and going up against the Bears, most people couldn't even vocalize the words Patriots and Super Bowl in the same sentence, it seemed unnatural.  and then we saw the first half of that Super Bowl and went back to thinking it was and just turned the knob off......

now, it is almost impossible to think of the Patriots as not fighting for a shot at the Super Bowl each and every year.  even the years we lose or don't make the playoffs it is hard to swallow as it is due to a close game, a game we should win or a low level tiebreaker keeping us out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

I agree.  I don't think anyone complaining actually watched any of our previous Super Bowl wins, or was a fan of the team prior to the 2000's.  I remember the run to the Super Bowl in 1997 and was happy to see the team representing the AFC in that game.  The game yesterday was very similar to the way we won playoff games in previous years.  Grind em out gutty type wins.  Sure there were bad play calls and bad decisions at times, but the final score favored the Patriots. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING:
    I agree.  I don't think anyone complaining actually watched any of our previous Super Bowl wins, or was a fan of the team prior to the 2000's.  I remember the run to the Super Bowl in 1997 and was happy to see the team representing the AFC in that game.  The game yesterday was very similar to the way we won playoff games in previous years.  Grind em out gutty type wins.  Sure there were bad play calls and bad decisions at times, but the final score favored the Patriots. 
    Posted by sbruce9

And I watched in horror as the Bears dismantled the Pats in SB XX.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We fans are a demanding bunch.  We want it all, 500 yard passing games, 50 points per game, less then 10 points allowed and +5 in the turnover department every game.  If we don't get it then we are going to complain because clearly the Patriots can not win a game without doing all the things mentioned above!
    Posted by TFB12

That's not good enough, Unless the Pats make their opponents start on the 1 then get a safety and score on the first possession the get the punt off and win by as many points as possible in a 60min game while giving up 0 then people will find something to complain about.

However, since no team is perfect, including this one, it's easy to pick out their mistakes even in a win and realize that they aren't perfect. Every fan wants perfection and until it's achieved there will always be something to criticize, which is fine with me just as long as it's kept in perspective and doesn't swing to far and any direction

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This forum was falling apart all year while some of us kept saying They're playing well, not all wins are pretty, they're getting better, etc, etc.  Guess what, theyre in the SB.

I assume drinking the "Kool aid" is some sore of Jim Jones reference about believing what we're told about drinking Kool aid while we're really drinking poison.  Well, guess what, it was Kool aid after all.  And it's f*kin great delicious Kool aid and you missed it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There's no better coach than BB, I wouldn't want anyone under center but TB, we've got the best TE tandem anywhere and that D anchored by Big Vince totally f**kin rocks. 

I love this team.  You f**kin A I'm drinkin the Kool Aid!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING : And I watched in horror as the Bears dismantled the Pats in SB XX.
    Posted by ATJ

Yeah, but they did take an early lead that lasted all of 5-1/2 minutes!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The fans are afraid of the team losing, especially to the Giants. The negativity is mental preparation for the worst. Then if they win, you can be pleasantly surprised and relieved. Just human nature. I too have some big concerns about the SB, but I believe the Patriots will win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING":
    There's no better coach than BB, I wouldn't want anyone under center but TB, we've got the best TE tandem anywhere and that D anchored by Big Vince totally f**kin rocks.  I love this team.  You f**kin A I'm drinkin the Kool Aid! Posted by ATJ
    Buddy, Pass me some Afrer u take a sip....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING : Yeah, but they did take an early lead that lasted all of 5-1/2 minutes!!!
    Posted by agcsbill

When all they got out of that Bears fumble was a field goal, I was afraid it was going to be a long game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan03. Show patriotsfan03's posts

30 other teams are not in SB.. .and our fans should stop crapping pants

and enjoy the ride....5th SB appereance in 10 yrs thats amazing...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to THIS IS ACTUALLY AMUSING:
    The New England Patriots are about to play in their 5th Super Bowl in 10 years and some Pats fans on this forum are bickering like a bunch of elementary school kids over what happened in the conference game that the Pats just won.  This is akin to American citizens bickering over who did more to win World War II - The Army, The Navy, The Marines or The Army Air Corps.  Who gives a f**k - we won. Good f**kin grief.
    Posted by ATJ

You know whats funny....that bickering did go on after WW2 as the branches fought over their share of the reduced defense budget. In fact it went on during the war as they fought over limited resources like fuel.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts