This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

From Eric Wilbur of BDC;

What might 33 pages of text messages from Bill Belichick read like?

Is he short-spoken? Does he find humor in autocorrect's inaccuracies? What’s his alert sound when he receives a message from Jon Bon Jovi, eager to share a new riff he just came up with, or from Linda Holliday, asking the man to pick up bread?

Now that we know the Patriots coach texts, it’s fascinating to think of the possible conversations he’s conducted via SMS, wondering if his thumbs might indeed have more personality when it comes to interacting with others.

We learned all this because earlier this week, Bristol County prosecutors turned over 33 pages of text messages between Belichick and his former tight end Aaron Hernandez, accused in the murder of Odin Lloyd. The conversations documented are from February 2013-May 2013, the four months leading up to the Odin Lloyd’s June 17 shooting.

If you’re one of those thirsting for some sort of behind-the-scenes revelation from the texts as to what makes Belichick and the Patriots tick, well, it depends what you're looking for. If you’re coming at it from an X’s and O’s standpoint, perhaps the text messages are likely to reveal minor draft strategies that Belichick was willing to share with a player. At their most incriminating, they could lead to proof that Belichick knew about the shooting of Alexander Bradley, who filed a civil lawsuit saying that Hernandez shot and wounded him in Florida that year.

Or maybe he was just keeping tabs on a player with a storied past who had just received a five-year, $40 million deal the previous August.

In fact, the biggest stories regarding Hernandez - that we know about - over the period of the text messages in question concerned the following:

- A pair of autograph shows with teammate Rob Gronkowski.

- Becoming the official face of PUMA training.

- Offseason shoulder surgery.

- His offseason workouts with quarterback Tom Brady in California.

- His relationship with fellow Florida tight end Jordan Reed.

- A letter from the Law Office of Jaroslawicz and Jaros concerning one Mr. Bradley.

Since Belichick doesn’t seem the one to care so much about autograph shows or ask how Hernandez was going to flaunt his PUMA brand, it’s easy to assume that some of the texts had to do with how Hernandez was progressing from surgery and what Gisele and the kid were doing with their time. But 33 pages? Not likely.

The Patriots were also listed as a possible landing spot for Reed, a Connecticut native, like Hernandez, who modeled his on-field approach after his fellow alumnus.

"I know him pretty good," Reed told the Herald during the weeks leading to the NFL Draft. "Me and him are good friends, and I learned a lot from him when I was at Florida. I use his moves out there sometimes. I watch him when he's with the Patriots. Me and him have a good relationship."

The Washington Redskins ended up taking Reed in the third round (85th overall). He had 45 catches in his rookie season, following endless comparisons to Hernandez. Even so, the redundancy at the position would have still made sense to Belichick, who hasn’t shied away from stockpiling tight ends, and Hernandez probably provided some decent intel on Reed. But if the Patriots had concerns about Hernandez's background in the first place, how much would they really trust what he had to say about a fellow player’s character in the first place?

Indeed, that brings up the most obvious possibility for what all the back-and-forth was about. It was in February that year when Bradley (who we’ve learned is no stranger to trouble) alleged that Hernandez shot him in the face in Florida. News of that incident started leaking in early April, not long after Jaroslawicz and Jaros sent Hernandez a follow-up letter that requested him to respond if he wished to avoid legal proceedings. A lawsuit was eventually filed in June, almost three months after terezowens.com, of all things, posted the lawyer document on an anonymous tip.

Bradley was shot in February, the letter came in March, and word of its existence was leaked in April. Hmm, still wonder what Belichick and Hernandez might have been discussing? For 33 pages over four months?

Belichick could have some explaining to do if the texts are disclosed in court but in the meantime, the correspondence could lead him to trouble with the league. Again.

According to Pro Football Talk:

The labor deal signed in August 2011 placed new limits on the extent to which coaches can coach players in the offseason. Prior to the start of the offseason workout program in April of each year, meetings between coaches and player are prohibited, and “players’ activities may not be directed or supervised by any coaches.”…It’s unclear what that quote, taken from Article 21, Section 2(a)(iv) of the CBA, actually means. If interpreted as broadly as it seems to be written, any texts from Belichick that could be construed as any direction or supervision of Hernandez’s football-related activities could ultimately be a problem.
    Logic would hint that the NFL isn’t going to pursue something where Belichick was trying to aid a problem child, if that was indeed the case. Still, the revelation of what Belichick knew about Hernandez during that time period, after his tight end had already, allegedly, murdered two men in the South End of Boston - for spilling a drink at a nightclub - and weeks before he supposedly ended another life would be fascinating. The Patriots are already fighting to keep scouting reports and a psychological evaluation of Hernandez under lock and key. Why?

What, if anything, are they hiding?

Texting doesn’t exactly seem like it’d be Belichick’s favorite thing. You’d have to assume whatever it was that he was discussing with Hernandez was a little more important than how he was going to line up Week 1, alas an NFL Week 1 that never came for Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

33 pages of texting, out of context could mean that EACH page had one text message and not the hundreds this may imply.  Besides, BB may have text numerous times with other players regularly.  Much ado about nothing!

The press, amazing the spin they put on stuff!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

Yup, that must be the case. For sure BB was asking AH how his summer was going and was he staying in shape...what else could it be? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not sure what journalistic standards this new BDC web site adheres to.  I'm not sure they are high.  Wilbur is some kind of blogger . . . not sure he's ever been trained as a journalist. 

That said, this article is just a lot of speculation.  Sure all sorts of things could be in those texts.  They could be embarrassing or they could paint Belichick in a good light, as a guy who's really concerned about his players.  Who knows?

The only thing we can say now, though, is that the defense is not looking at those texts to understand Belichick better.  They are looking at them to see if they show anything about Hernandez that might help them get an acquittal on some or all of the charges or at least a conviction on a lesser charge than first degree murder. 

If the texts do reveal something problematic about Belichick, then there will be an additional story, which could embarrass Belichick or the Pats or even lead to a league or union investigation.  But until the texts are made public, that's all speculation.  Just as likely, the texts are simply mundane communications between a player and his coach that don't violate anything or cause anything more embarrassing than (for instance) poor spelling habits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Memo to Eric Wilbur:  This is not the sample to submit for a Pulitzer Prize.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

33 pages of texting, out of context could mean that EACH page had one text message and not the hundreds this may imply.  Besides, BB may have text numerous times with other players regularly.  Much ado about nothing!

The press, amazing the spin they put on stuff!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texting doesn’t exactly seem like it’d be Belichick’s favorite thing. You’d have to assume whatever it was that he was discussing with Hernandez was a little more important than how he was going to line up Week 1, alas an NFL Week 1 that never came for Hernandez.

[/QUOTE]

To me, texting seems like it would be right up Belichick's alley. He is an introvert, he does not particularly like speaking in public, especially press conferences where he has no say in the direction of the line of questioning. Using something like texting gives him more control over the direction of the conversation. I know the media like to play up that he is a jerk, but the reality is that he is just not just not comfortable with it. Unfortunately we live in a society where being introverted is seen as a bad thing, and extroverts and blowhards are seen as heroes and idols. The more outrageous and outspoken you are, the more controversy you can stir up, the more twitter followers you have, the more web page hits you get, and the more viewers tune into your show. That's why the media has problems with BB and think Rex Ryan is a God, while in reality Rex should be kissing BB's rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

interesting info, but the part you put in bold at the end is of the least importance to me. Do we really feel the league would punish BB for "coaching" or "direction or supervision of Hernandez’s football-related activities" via text messages??!! After they gave Gomer and his OC a pass for visiting and discussing offensive philosophies together with Nick Saban? That is just ridiculous I think. I am interested to see what is in the texts though.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Yup, that must be the case. For sure BB was asking AH how his summer was going and was he staying in shape...what else could it be? 

[/QUOTE]

Come on, rkarp.  You're better than this.  You are really bent on drumming up drama regarding Belichick.  Why don't you like BB?  I'm serious.  What is your problem with him?  I've noticed quite a pattern of anti-Belichick comments from you over the years, and I'm really curious as to where the animosity came from.  Not trying to start a fight, just wondering.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Will the txt's reveal that there was some extra coaching and attention going on?  Maybe, and maybe some fines will be levied against that Pats because of this.  This is one of those things that happen league wide, but the Pats often get bonked for simply because they are more under a magnifying glass.  Will the txt's reveal BB giving advice on how best to hide a murder weapon?  Please.  Let's not get completely silly here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

The funniest thing of all would be if the texts from BB were classic BB.

AH: Coach,my shoulder rehab is going well.  I should be more than ready for the season.

BB: We'll see what happens on the field.

AH:  TB and I are tearing it up in our workouts.  We're going to be unstoppable.

BB:  We'll see what happens on the field.

I could imagine 33 pages of stuff like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

interesting info, but the part you put in bold at the end is of the least importance to me. Do we really feel the league would punish BB for "coaching" or "direction or supervision of Hernandez’s football-related activities" via text messages??!! After they gave Gomer and his OC a pass for visiting and discussing offensive philosophies together with Nick Saban? That is just ridiculous I think. I am interested to see what is in the texts though.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree Quag.

I think if the evidence that the defense will make public (leak) if it is incriminating to Hern, will not be incriminating to BB, but will be embarrassing to the org and BB

If the evidence released is not incriminating to Hern, and is about football related activity, I do think the league investigates and could penalize BB...repeat, could.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on, rkarp.  You're better than this.  You are really bent on drumming up drama regarding Belichick.  Why don't you like BB?  I'm serious.  What is your problem with him?  I've noticed quite a pattern of anti-Belichick comments from you over the years, and I'm really curious as to where the animosity came from.  Not trying to start a fight, just wondering.

[/QUOTE]

No problem. I have stated my opinions on BB on other posts...

To be clear:

BB is the best coach in football today, maybe in the history of the NFL. I would argue anyone he is top 3.

BB is a very good to great GM. I have not agreed with his free agency decisions, and I am not always on board with his drafts. This is just as much about philosophical as actual results (mixed). For instance, I thought he should have addressed size on the DL before thinking Easley. That is a philosophical difference in opinion, not a matter of right or wrong. Of course, BB has more knowledge in his pinkie than I do, but some of his decisions went against my thinking on how to improve the team.

I be 1000% perfectly clear, I want no other person here to coach the team. If BB is to remain coach, means he must be the GM, then so be it. I am hoping the addition of Lombo helps (I don't think it will).

I do have other issues with BB, and they are not personal. However, I have been in the room when he has mistreated people, been down right rude and mean spirited. This has been ONLY with his dealings with the press. Certainly, there are some scum bags out there. BUt not everyone is. BB needs to better handle his people skills, and understand everyone is there to do their jobs, and the way he treats people is simply un called for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No problem. I have stated my opinions on BB on other posts...

To be clear:

BB is the best coach in football today, maybe in the history of the NFL. I would argue anyone he is top 3.

BB is a very good to great GM. I have not agreed with his free agency decisions, and I am not always on board with his drafts. This is just as much about philosophical as actual results (mixed). For instance, I thought he should have addressed size on the DL before thinking Easley. That is a philosophical difference in opinion, not a matter of right or wrong. Of course, BB has more knowledge in his pinkie than I do, but some of his decisions went against my thinking on how to improve the team.

I be 1000% perfectly clear, I want no other person here to coach the team. If BB is to remain coach, means he must be the GM, then so be it. I am hoping the addition of Lombo helps (I don't think it will).

I do have other issues with BB, and they are not personal. However, I have been in the room when he has mistreated people, been down right rude and mean spirited. This has been ONLY with his dealings with the press. Certainly, there are some scum bags out there. BUt not everyone is. BB needs to better handle his people skills, and understand everyone is there to do their jobs, and the way he treats people is simply un called for.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  Thanks for the honest response.  Of course there have been personnel decisions over the years that are easy to second guess.  That's the nature of the business.  I'm with you though, I wouldn't take any coach over him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not that I condone his treatment of the press but I can understand it based on how he was treated in his last year in Cleveland and his first year and half here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not that I condone his treatment of the press but I can understand it based on how he was treated in his last year in Cleveland and his first year and half here.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, but cannot comment on what went on in Cleveland. I can comment on what went on here. Call me a homer, but the ESPN guys, Reiss, Yates, Rodak, Carpenter amongst a few others, are very fair, well mannered, considerate, thoughtful and deserving to be treated as a professional, as some one who has a job to educate and inform a rabid fan base about the team. The same fan base that pays BB's salary. If these guys treat BB with the utmost respect, BB should in turn do the same

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the news sources today are a joke.  It's all fluff, hyperbole, speculation, exaggeration and just plain verbal vomiting.  

I can understand why BB or anyone for that matter having disdain for them.  I don't care that they're trying to do their jobs.  That doesn't mean you have to oblige them.

BB may have to deal with the press as part of his job but he doesn't have to like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

The funniest thing of all would be if the texts from BB were classic BB.

AH: Coach,my shoulder rehab is going well.  I should be more than ready for the season.

BB: We'll see what happens on the field.

AH:  TB and I are tearing it up in our workouts.  We're going to be unstoppable.

BB:  We'll see what happens on the field.

I could imagine 33 pages of stuff like that.

Lol!

Rkrap is so dumb as is the writer to think bb is on trial here.  Their obsession with trying to smear him is disturbing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the news sources today are a joke.  It's all fluff, hyperbole, speculation, exaggeration and just plain verbal vomiting.  

I can understand why BB or anyone for that matter having disdain for them.  I don't care that they're trying to do their jobs.  That doesn't mean you have to oblige them.

BB may have to deal with the press as part of his job but he doesn't have to like it.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Rkrap is arrogant to think bb owes him some kind of respect as some espn electrician plugging cables into a camera.

Bill parcells used to treat the media the same way except with sarcasm and a comedic delivery.

The media and rkrap have got to get over this infatuation of thinking they are owed something so specific from bb.

Also, the media tries to bait bb and he knows it. As if chtis gasper or shaughnessy deserve any respect at all?

Bb respects reiss and those who are professional, too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sal, that's very fair. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. As am I. I was asked why I felt a certain way, and I stated so. To each his own.

I guess it is a fair assumption on my part that you have never been in a roomful of your peers at work and been embarrassed in front of the entire room for really no good reason? Lucky for me, that has not been me, but it has been some of my co workers, and it should not be tolerated

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I didn't think there was a Patriots fan alive who actually gave a crap how Belichick treats the media.  Then Rkarp comes along.  The media and its members, for the most part, not all of them, are a joke and sensationalize everything.  I love how Belichick sticks it to them.  I also love when Gregg Popovich does the same thing.  If Belichick putting in the bare minimum for the media means he puts in the maximum with his coaching, then no Patriots fan gives a crap how he acts towards the media because that's the reason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't think there was a Patriots fan alive who actually gave a crap how Belichick treats the media.  Then Rkarp comes along.  The media and its members, for the most part, not all of them, are a joke and sensationalize everything.  I love how Belichick sticks it to them.  I also love when Gregg Popovich does the same thing.  If Belichick putting in the bare minimum for the media means he puts in the maximum with his coaching, then no Patriots fan gives a crap how he acts towards the media because that's the reason.

[/QUOTE]

fair enough. you, as is everyone else, is entitled to an opinion.

but tell me, do you read what Ben Bolin has to say? Or Jeff Howe? DO you chat with Reiss or read his mail bag? DO you watch or read TCurren? All because you want to know what is going on with the PAts? These guys are simply trying to do a job, which is keep the fans informed. They are not there to battle BB, or make BB look bad.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have any interest in your information being on the Patriots forum.  I didn't really read it.  It belongs in the crime section.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, but cannot comment on what went on in Cleveland. I can comment on what went on here. Call me a homer, but the ESPN guys, Reiss, Yates, Rodak, Carpenter amongst a few others, are very fair, well mannered, considerate, thoughtful and deserving to be treated as a professional, as some one who has a job to educate and inform a rabid fan base about the team. The same fan base that pays BB's salary. If these guys treat BB with the utmost respect, BB should in turn do the same

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, rkarp.  And while I think BB is generally not the ogre some present him as, I do at times feel he could be more gracious.  Not that one's demeanour matters so much in football coaching (results are king), but if BB reported to me that's the one area of his performance where I'd say he has a development opportunity.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Rkrap is arrogant to think bb owes him some kind of respect as some espn electrician plugging cables into a camera.

Bill parcells used to treat the media the same way except with sarcasm and a comedic delivery.

The media and rkrap have got to get over this infatuation of thinking they are owed something so specific from bb.

Also, the media tries to bait bb and he knows it. As if chtis gasper or shaughnessy deserve any respect at all?

Bb respects reiss and those who are professional, too.

[/QUOTE]

the season must be upon us...you are following me around like a little poodle like you did all of last season...