This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

33 pages of texting, out of context could mean that EACH page had one text message and not the hundreds this may imply.  Besides, BB may have text numerous times with other players regularly.  Much ado about nothing!

The press, amazing the spin they put on stuff!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: This is additional interesting information regarding AH. Do not read it if you do not have interest with the subject

I'm not sure what journalistic standards this new BDC web site adheres to.  I'm not sure they are high.  Wilbur is some kind of blogger . . . not sure he's ever been trained as a journalist. 

That said, this article is just a lot of speculation.  Sure all sorts of things could be in those texts.  They could be embarrassing or they could paint Belichick in a good light, as a guy who's really concerned about his players.  Who knows?

The only thing we can say now, though, is that the defense is not looking at those texts to understand Belichick better.  They are looking at them to see if they show anything about Hernandez that might help them get an acquittal on some or all of the charges or at least a conviction on a lesser charge than first degree murder. 

If the texts do reveal something problematic about Belichick, then there will be an additional story, which could embarrass Belichick or the Pats or even lead to a league or union investigation.  But until the texts are made public, that's all speculation.  Just as likely, the texts are simply mundane communications between a player and his coach that don't violate anything or cause anything more embarrassing than (for instance) poor spelling habits. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Memo to Eric Wilbur:  This is not the sample to submit for a Pulitzer Prize.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

33 pages of texting, out of context could mean that EACH page had one text message and not the hundreds this may imply.  Besides, BB may have text numerous times with other players regularly.  Much ado about nothing!

The press, amazing the spin they put on stuff!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Texting doesn’t exactly seem like it’d be Belichick’s favorite thing. You’d have to assume whatever it was that he was discussing with Hernandez was a little more important than how he was going to line up Week 1, alas an NFL Week 1 that never came for Hernandez.

To me, texting seems like it would be right up Belichick's alley. He is an introvert, he does not particularly like speaking in public, especially press conferences where he has no say in the direction of the line of questioning. Using something like texting gives him more control over the direction of the conversation. I know the media like to play up that he is a jerk, but the reality is that he is just not just not comfortable with it. Unfortunately we live in a society where being introverted is seen as a bad thing, and extroverts and blowhards are seen as heroes and idols. The more outrageous and outspoken you are, the more controversy you can stir up, the more twitter followers you have, the more web page hits you get, and the more viewers tune into your show. That's why the media has problems with BB and think Rex Ryan is a God, while in reality Rex should be kissing BB's rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

interesting info, but the part you put in bold at the end is of the least importance to me. Do we really feel the league would punish BB for "coaching" or "direction or supervision of Hernandez’s football-related activities" via text messages??!! After they gave Gomer and his OC a pass for visiting and discussing offensive philosophies together with Nick Saban? That is just ridiculous I think. I am interested to see what is in the texts though.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yup, that must be the case. For sure BB was asking AH how his summer was going and was he staying in shape...what else could it be? 

Come on, rkarp.  You're better than this.  You are really bent on drumming up drama regarding Belichick.  Why don't you like BB?  I'm serious.  What is your problem with him?  I've noticed quite a pattern of anti-Belichick comments from you over the years, and I'm really curious as to where the animosity came from.  Not trying to start a fight, just wondering.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Will the txt's reveal that there was some extra coaching and attention going on?  Maybe, and maybe some fines will be levied against that Pats because of this.  This is one of those things that happen league wide, but the Pats often get bonked for simply because they are more under a magnifying glass.  Will the txt's reveal BB giving advice on how best to hide a murder weapon?  Please.  Let's not get completely silly here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

The funniest thing of all would be if the texts from BB were classic BB.

AH: Coach,my shoulder rehab is going well.  I should be more than ready for the season.

BB: We'll see what happens on the field.

AH:  TB and I are tearing it up in our workouts.  We're going to be unstoppable.

BB:  We'll see what happens on the field.

I could imagine 33 pages of stuff like that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Yup, that must be the case. For sure BB was asking AH how his summer was going and was he staying in shape...what else could it be? 

Come on, rkarp.  You're better than this.  You are really bent on drumming up drama regarding Belichick.  Why don't you like BB?  I'm serious.  What is your problem with him?  I've noticed quite a pattern of anti-Belichick comments from you over the years, and I'm really curious as to where the animosity came from.  Not trying to start a fight, just wondering.

No problem. I have stated my opinions on BB on other posts...

To be clear:

BB is the best coach in football today, maybe in the history of the NFL. I would argue anyone he is top 3.

BB is a very good to great GM. I have not agreed with his free agency decisions, and I am not always on board with his drafts. This is just as much about philosophical as actual results (mixed). For instance, I thought he should have addressed size on the DL before thinking Easley. That is a philosophical difference in opinion, not a matter of right or wrong. Of course, BB has more knowledge in his pinkie than I do, but some of his decisions went against my thinking on how to improve the team.

I be 1000% perfectly clear, I want no other person here to coach the team. If BB is to remain coach, means he must be the GM, then so be it. I am hoping the addition of Lombo helps (I don't think it will).

I do have other issues with BB, and they are not personal. However, I have been in the room when he has mistreated people, been down right rude and mean spirited. This has been ONLY with his dealings with the press. Certainly, there are some scum bags out there. BUt not everyone is. BB needs to better handle his people skills, and understand everyone is there to do their jobs, and the way he treats people is simply un called for.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the honest response.  Of course there have been personnel decisions over the years that are easy to second guess.  That's the nature of the business.  I'm with you though, I wouldn't take any coach over him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I do have other issues with BB, and they are not personal. However, I have been in the room when he has mistreated people, been down right rude and mean spirited. This has been ONLY with his dealings with the press. Certainly, there are some scum bags out there. BUt not everyone is. BB needs to better handle his people skills, and understand everyone is there to do their jobs, and the way he treats people is simply un called for.

Not that I condone his treatment of the press but I can understand it based on how he was treated in his last year in Cleveland and his first year and half here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Not that I condone his treatment of the press but I can understand it based on how he was treated in his last year in Cleveland and his first year and half here.

Honestly, the news sources today are a joke.  It's all fluff, hyperbole, speculation, exaggeration and just plain verbal vomiting.  

I can understand why BB or anyone for that matter having disdain for them.  I don't care that they're trying to do their jobs.  That doesn't mean you have to oblige them.

BB may have to deal with the press as part of his job but he doesn't have to like it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I didn't think there was a Patriots fan alive who actually gave a crap how Belichick treats the media.  Then Rkarp comes along.  The media and its members, for the most part, not all of them, are a joke and sensationalize everything.  I love how Belichick sticks it to them.  I also love when Gregg Popovich does the same thing.  If Belichick putting in the bare minimum for the media means he puts in the maximum with his coaching, then no Patriots fan gives a crap how he acts towards the media because that's the reason.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have any interest in your information being on the Patriots forum.  I didn't really read it.  It belongs in the crime section.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I understand your point, but cannot comment on what went on in Cleveland. I can comment on what went on here. Call me a homer, but the ESPN guys, Reiss, Yates, Rodak, Carpenter amongst a few others, are very fair, well mannered, considerate, thoughtful and deserving to be treated as a professional, as some one who has a job to educate and inform a rabid fan base about the team. The same fan base that pays BB's salary. If these guys treat BB with the utmost respect, BB should in turn do the same

I agree with this, rkarp.  And while I think BB is generally not the ogre some present him as, I do at times feel he could be more gracious.  Not that one's demeanour matters so much in football coaching (results are king), but if BB reported to me that's the one area of his performance where I'd say he has a development opportunity.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts