This is for the Best

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

This is for the Best

I've read all those posts about how the patriots are washed up this year etc etc by all the bandwagon fans.

TRUE fans realize that this is for the best.

1) It takes focus away from NE and puts it squarely on NYJ and other "high flying" premature ej**ulators.... let them handle all the media focus and being crowned the best by game 2 of the season.
    2) Puts NE back in the underdog position.  A position we as TRUE fans love and they as players relish.
    3) No more BS talk and pressure of another 16-0 or 19-0 season.
    4) The "blue print" to defeat the PATS is going to be the undoing of all these great blitzing defenses.... just a matter of adjustment and execution as Brady and BB pointed out themselves....
    5) This game emphasizes the need for a balanced game plan... no more 47 or 53 pass attempt games by Brady... BB will adjust....statistically, even the 2007 year was balanced, so the first two games of this season is an anomaly.
    6) MAJOR does of humble pie.... legacy and old stats earns you nothing.....you have to show up and play with hunger and execute. 

All you doomsday spoiled fans, believe me, this is for the best....

If you guys have more to add, let's hear it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

Re: This is for the Best

In regards to reason 5; Maroney was still being tentative on some of his carries. I'm not bashing, but Morris, Taylor and Green-Ellis run harder, and can get that extra couple of yards out of nothing at times. Maroney doesn't generally, and isn't showing much. No running game, than 50+/- pass attempts may be inevitable. The line has to do better of course, but I didn't think they were terrible. , but I don't think it will hold up the entire season. That is a problem that needs addressing very quickly. Defense was ok, there were a half dozen games last year where the defense played worse. They will only get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to This is for the Best:
    [QUOTE]I've read all those posts about how the patriots are washed up this year etc etc by all the bandwagon fans. TRUE fans realize that this is for the best. 1) It takes focus away from NE and puts it squarely on NYJ and other "high flying" premature ej**ulators.... let them handle all the media focus and being crowned the best by game 2 of the season. 2) Puts NE back in the underdog position.  A position we as TRUE fans love and they as players relish. 3) No more BS talk and pressure of another 16-0 or 19-0 season. 4) The "blue print" to defeat the PATS is going to be the undoing of all these great blitzing defenses.... just a matter of adjustment and execution as Brady and BB pointed out themselves.... 5) This game emphasizes the need for a balanced game plan... no more 47 or 53 pass attempt games by Brady... BB will adjust....statistically, even the 2007 year was balanced, so the first two games of this season is an anomaly. 6) MAJOR does of humble pie.... legacy and old stats earns you nothing.....you have to show up and play with hunger and execute.  All you doomsday spoiled fans, believe me, this is for the best.... If you guys have more to add, let's hear it.
    Posted by LifeTimePat[/QUOTE]

I was critical of the way the Pats played last week.  It did not go over well, particularly to those who are more interested in their record.  Well, I'd rather squeak into the tournament playing a great game than having a stellar record and swaggering it away.  Sound familiar?

The truth is that most of these guys are newbies; haven't played on a championship team.  A lot of this lot came on board to ride the magic bus.  However, until/unless they begin to work like the guys who did win (it all), they (along with the rest of Patriots nation) will be very disappointed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: This is for the Best:
    [QUOTE]In regards to reason 5; Maroney was still being tentative on some of his carries. I'm not bashing, but Morris, Taylor and Green-Ellis run harder, and can get that extra couple of yards out of nothing at times. Maroney doesn't generally, and isn't showing much. No running game, than 50+/- pass attempts may be inevitable. The line has to do better of course, but I didn't think they were terrible. , but I don't think it will hold up the entire season. That is a problem that needs addressing very quickly. Defense was ok, there were a half dozen games last year where the defense played worse. They will only get better.
    Posted by chrislb[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Maroney in general...  But play calling an personnel against the Jets was favoring the pass.... When NE showed up with a stronger set, the run wasn't horrible.....just should have stuck with it longer...

Either way, going forward, the likes of Corey Dillon need to be resurructed.... what better way to beat a blitze D?  I think the tandem should be Taylor and BJGE... with Maroney in space only...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Would we rather face a very good D for the first time in week 2, or in the playoffs?  I say week 2.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

"Well, I'd rather squeak into the tournament playing a great game than having a stellar record and swaggering it away.  Sound familiar?"

"Would we rather face a very good D for the first time in week 2, or in the playoffs?  I say week 2.   "

That's exactly why I can't understand why the majority of poster are reacting this way.  NE was 0-2 and ended up 14-2... and won the SB.. etc etc...

Let BB & co work out issues early on without the added pressure of hype. 

Sections
Shortcuts