This is for the Putz's out there.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: This is for the Putz's out there.

Digger, I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing....

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

The main reason we don't have that 4th Super Bowl is that our defense continues to choke in the 4th quarter.....just about every time we need it to make a stop.

Seattle had the ball with 1 minute left...and what happened? The 49ers Defense made a play to ensure the win.

Without that, we'll struggle to win another SB.

The 2001 D gave up 14 of the Rams 17 points in the 4th quarter.

The 2003 D gave up 19 of the Panthers 29 points in the 4th quarter.

What was your point again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Disagreeing. Looking at my last few posts, I guess I've been a bit snarky towards some posters but like Rick Pitino said a decade ago, "all the negativity that's in this town sucks." He was right and it really bugs me to see fans turn on their team after a loss. I know we're not used to the Patriots losing games but there's still 10 games left to play this season and if they win the Super Bowl, which i think they will, these kinds of posts will look kind of silly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Good insights tcal...  A lone comparison between solely 2 contests offered up in to an absolute judgement on NE's Defensive prowess by large, minus every form of Any & Every gameday specifics from these lone 2 comparative games, save for SF's QB & NE's QB passing yards & the total points given up by the NE and SF Defenses...  Zero gameday specific occurences which went on such as opportunities for points which were left on the field that the D (i.e. NE's D) afforded the Offense, orrrr Mistakes and/or turnovers made during the games themselves and the critical stages of said games that they might have occured during & within, orrr any number of game boxscore specifics RE: Pass rush prowess (by any 1 of the 4 teams), TOP dominance, Special Teams, Individual big-play producing performances, etc., orrr (here's an idea) any notions whatsoever RE: How said Offenses were used (see: Running Game)...

Not sure, didn't see the SF vs SEA game...But I DO know, that on Page #2 there was a thread by Noise (I believe), entitled "SF vs Sea...SF running...," with THIS as the OP:  "So, why did the patriots throw the ball almost 60 times last week?  Frank Gore has been running ALL over this Seattle D!  Sorry bring up last weeks game again, just had to mention."  That alone, just maybe could shed perhaps a teen-ey bit'a additional light on the subject matter, no?

Oh well...between this & DavidSeattle's Peter King article torching NE's Secondary within the glowing after-mention that King can't even comprehend The NYJ's Defense having any chance in he!! against NE's unstoppable, unmatchable, never-faltering hurry-up Offense...(the thread actually entitled, "credibility," nonetheless too).

...Hmm- well, thinkin' I gotta pass right here on offering up a 2nd comment on today's threads.  Looks like another 3-4 hiatus for me from here, surely "the Putz's" here are certainly havin' their say alright...not much room for us non-partisan, full vision, non-favorite-playing, unentitled, whom are always seeking the largest, most unobstructed & most clearly detailed vision to draw our conclusions from. 

So have it...see'ya on Monday (or tuesday, or wednesday, or thursday).  Nothin' ta see here, not 1 thing offering any substance to see right here, folks...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Disagreeing. Looking at my last few posts, I guess I've been a bit snarky towards some posters but like Rick Pitino said a decade ago, "all the negativity that's in this town sucks." He was right and it really bugs me to see fans turn on their team after a loss. I know we're not used to the Patriots losing games but there's still 10 games left to play this season and if they win the Super Bowl, which i think they will, these kinds of posts will look kind of silly.

You? Snarky? Never.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Good insights tcal...  A lone comparison between solely 2 contests offered up in to an absolute judgement on NE's Defensive prowess by large, minus every form of Any & Every gameday specifics from these lone 2 comparative games, save for SF's QB & NE's QB passing yards & the total points given up by the NE and SF Defenses...  Zero gameday specific occurences which went on such as opportunities for points which were left on the field that the D (i.e. NE's D) afforded the Offense, orrrr Mistakes and/or turnovers made during the games themselves and the critical stages of said games that they might have occured during & within, orrr any number of game boxscore specifics RE: Pass rush prowess (by any 1 of the 4 teams), TOP dominance, Special Teams, Individual big-play producing performances, etc., orrr (here's an idea) any notions whatsoever RE: How said Offenses were used (see: Running Game)...

Not sure, didn't see the SF vs SEA game...But I DO know, that on Page #2 there was a thread by Noise (I believe), entitled "SF vs Sea...SF running...," with THIS as the OP:  "So, why did the patriots throw the ball almost 60 times last week?  Frank Gore has been running ALL over this Seattle D!  Sorry bring up last weeks game again, just had to mention."  That alone, just maybe could shed perhaps a teen-ey bit'a additional light on the subject matter, no?

Oh well...between this & DavidSeattle's Peter King article torching NE's Secondary within the glowing after-mention that King can't even comprehend The NYJ's Defense having any chance in he!! against NE's unstoppable, unmatchable, never-faltering hurry-up Offense...(the thread actually entitled, "credibility," nonetheless too).

...Hmm- well, thinkin' I gotta pass right here on offering up a 2nd comment on today's threads.  Looks like another 3-4 hiatus for me from here, surely "the Putz's" here are certainly havin' their say alright...not much room for us non-partisan, full vision, non-favorite-playing, unentitled, whom are always seeking the largest, most unobstructed & most clearly detailed vision to draw our conclusions from. 

So have it...see'ya on Monday (or tuesday, or wednesday, or thursday).  Nothin' ta see here, not 1 thing offering any substance to see right here, folks...

Well, we will work extra hard to fashion something of substance for your viewing pleasure laz. We're on it. Because you being here providing your inimitable insight means everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

The D is bad because the scheme and/or execution is bad.

We have plenty of talent.

You could be right. I don't know. Do you think Patricia is the problem or BB?

Im going with Patricia on this. We try to stop the run so much, we dont have a good scheme at pressuring the QB. Of course there will be times you will miss, but does he really study the other teams tendencies. He's not much of a gambler, that tells me he might be scared, because of a bad Defensive call. Teams that blitz, seem to know when, and they usually call them right.

We miss Hightower more than we think. Guy was just getting it and then he got hurt.

My reasoning is; if your DBs are getting beat like a 4 year old's toy drum anyway, throw something dramatic at the passer. What's the worst case with that, the DBs get beat like a 5 year old's toy drum? Maybe you get a sack with the dramatic stuff and that gets you a punt most of the time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Everything start's upfront, football is won in the trenches, you build your team from the inside out; I don't know how many more football epigrams I can spout.  

Belichick plays situational defense, he only uses it when necessary and relies on his offense to win games for him.  Why?

The majority of his budget is offensive players, have you noticed he uses the max contract guys on nearly every down?

When BB wants to, he can put a 3/4 on the field that can't be scored on, or at least it will be very tough.  People have asked why Brace doesn't play often; they label him a bust etc... funny that he's still on the team, funny they don't hold the back up QB to such high standards?  One man can do what Vince Wilfork can do in the middle of a defense, Brace, after that it's a bunch of solid gap stuffing D linemen, but no rocks.

In football players are commodities with a shelf life and prone to loss from damage.  Each player gets a salary to do their job and paid accordingly.  

Belichick learned in 07' that going for it all (undefeated) at the expense of player health left him with a defense that was running on fumes and an offense that got more one dimensional and scored less as the season wore on; they were weak by the end.

Since then what have we seen?  Runningback by committee, switch from the 3/4 to the 2/5/4 or whatever it is he runs now.  He relies on his offense to score (hopefully be able to run the clock out now) and his defense to cause turnovers.

A defensive backfield that ranked #1, #2 and currently 6th successive years in interceptions is not devoid of talent, especially considering we were 14th, 14th and 20th or so in sacks.  

In the playoffs BB will put more beef on the field, more Deaderick, more Brace; but for now after those two, depth is thin at DT and you don't find 320 pound guys walking around anywhere.  

All BB wants or needs is to be in the playoffs, sitting in the first round if possible, two healthy runningbacks who could have ran for over 1000 yards apiece had he rode them but who will average 5 yards a carry and a healthy defense that is at full strength so it can attack.

Many of you will knock this and say BB wants to win EVERY GAME at any cost etc... but he's paid to look at the big picture, while you only care about you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I can see how this comes across as negativity. Some fans like to sit back and just let all unfold, and be content with whatever result. That's cool.

Others like to play arm chair GM and try to figure out what's wrong and make suggestions as to how to fix it.

4th quarter defense has been a problem for years.

We can either ignore it or address it. BB has used many top picks over the last few years trying to address this, but with limited success.

The offense and Brady share in the blame too, but they do lead the league in scoring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I realized the other day watching the Steelers that I have never heard the word Stunt used by an analysist when reviewing a Patriots defensive play.

What I see this year is 4 and sometimes 3 guys running into the offensive lineman directly in front of them.  Talk about lack of creativity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Whats funny is usually how the Patriot defense comes out, swarms and completely overpowers the opposing offense, before it settles back into soft zone mediocrity for the remainder of the game, except in goal line situations and even then only if the game is close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I realized the other day watching the Steelers that I have never heard the word Stunt used by an analysist when reviewing a Patriots defensive play.

What I see this year is 4 and sometimes 3 guys running into the offensive lineman directly in front of them.  Talk about lack of creativity.

I was thinking the same thing just the other day. A stunt is what caused the safety in the SB for the Giants. Seems like the bull rush is the only technique any of our guys have other than Jones. Mix it up for crying out loud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Whats funny is usually how the Patriot defense comes out, swarms and completely overpowers the opposing offense, before it settles back into soft zone mediocrity for the remainder of the game, except in goal line situations and even then only if the game is close.

It is weird. Just when you think the D is looking pretty good, they transform into awful. I just don't get it. To me if you're getting hammered for yards and yards you should throw everything but the kitchen sink at them at least sometimes. Make them wary of that possibility by actually doing it a little. If you get burned for a big play so what, you're getting plundered anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We need better play from the defense on a consistent basis to win a championship.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I can see how this comes across as negativity. Some fans like to sit back and just let all unfold, and be content with whatever result. That's cool.

Others like to play arm chair GM and try to figure out what's wrong and make suggestions as to how to fix it.

4th quarter defense has been a problem for years.

We can either ignore it or address it. BB has used many top picks over the last few years trying to address this, but with limited success.

The offense and Brady share in the blame too, but they do lead the league in scoring.

I understand what you're saying but look back at the 2001 Super Bowl. The Patriots had a 17-3 lead in the 4th quarter but the defense let the Rams tie the game. Luckily, Brady had the ball last and worked his magic. Look back at the 2003 Super Bowl. The Patriots had a 21-10 lead in the 4th quarter but the defense let the Panthers tie the game. Luckily, Brady had the ball last and worked his magic. We don't talk about those defenses blowing leads because they won.

Sometimes you need a little luck like having the ball last unlike the two Giants games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It is weird. Just when you think the D is looking pretty good, they transform into awful. I just don't get it. To me if you're getting hammered for yards and yards you should throw everything but the litchen sink at them at least sometimes. Make them wary of that possibility by actually doing it a little. If you get burned for a big play so what, you're getting plundered anyway.

I agree. I'm no defensive coordinator but would like to see them be more aggressive 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I agree. I'm no defensive coordinator but would like to see them be more aggressive 

I agree also but they blitzed the Giants on the last drive in the Super Bowl and Eli burned them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's a weird system of defense I'll admit but last year along with this year, even though we give up a lot of yards, we were middle of the pack as far as points.  The D tightens up and holds other teams to field goals, often or better yet causes a fumble or interception; this is part of the equation.  Preventing the big play is the player's job, but they're not always successful at it, which is how we're losing these close games.  

The score sometimes gets a little closer than BB would like but I'm sure on days when we beat an opponent 31-21 he is not beating himself up because we gave up a lot of yards.  Truthfully as a fan it stinks, but if we win a Super Bowl at season's end we'll all be happy.

Towards season's end I think you'll see a lot more blitzing, especially if the division title is still up for grabs.  A lot of it might also be Chandler Jones and Hightower and their ability to pick up the 3/4 as an every down defense but by the playoffs IMO we'll see more 3/4 and more snaps for our genuine defensive linemen.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Creative in week 5 is not nearly as important as creative in the postseason, we've lost all our games by an average of what... 3 points?  If we lost the only game we deserved to lose in Arizona than nobody would be wringing their hands right now...  I don't like it anymore than you guys but we need to score points to win, BB knows with Goodell that his bread is buttered on the offensive side of the ball.  He probably knows that we can't afford to lose too many more games in relation to other teams in our division, expect to see a slow improvement on our defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I agree with Tcal. The offense is out there to put points on the board and they did that. The defense is out there to stop the other offense from putting up points- the defense didnt and couldnt do that against a horribly rated offense. The seahawks loss was on the defense, not the offense.  Theres no two ways about it, 23 points should be enough points to win a game against a horrible offense and it wasnt that is on the Defense. You guys are absolutely delusional if you believe otherwise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I agree also but they blitzed the Giants on the last drive in the Super Bowl and Eli burned them.

Chuing was out of position as usual or that pass is broken up. But using Crusty Sock logic it's all Bradys fault.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Titans D making a final stand = Win

Giants D making a final stand = Win

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Titans D making a final stand = Win

Giants D making a final stand = Win

Pat's D making a final stand = Win

Sections
Shortcuts