This is for Underdogg.....The Saints will win the super bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: This is for Underdogg.....The Saints will win the super bowl

Dogg, I won't disagree with you on that. I should probably have pointed that statement at the Colts offense in general and not Manning. They have a better offense than the Vikes and I expected much more out them. Was it my imagination or was Wayne Bobbling every other pass they threw to him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

E - Wayne does that frequently.  The guy has incredible hands, but even recall the pats 06 AFCCG when the ball went into Wayne's hands only to pop up and then get recaught (regripped, whatever). 

As for expecting more.  I don't know what more the offense could have done.  430 total yards. 

IMO the game was lost in the second quarter.  The saints figured out how to drive the ball vs the colts and yet came up short on their 4th down.  The offense HAD to run out the clock for the half and yet they ran 3 run plays did not get a first down, were very deep in Saints territory which guaranteed great field position for the saints allowing them 3 points to end the Quarter which was just as good (if not better for them) had they kicked a field goal on the drive before. 

Then the onside kick was the gutsiest play of the game.  I know everyone will point to Manning's int.  There is nothing more this board likes than an manning loss.  But the onside kick was more important.  It took away a drive from the colts and gave it to the Saints putting them in the drivers seat for the rest of the game and their offense delivered.  10 point swing right there.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

As for expecting more.  I don't know what more the offense could have done.  430 total yards. 

Dogg- I just expected more Points. I didn't bet the game because I had too much into Superbowl pools but I most likely would have taken the Colts. I expected a good 30+ points from their offense and looking back at the way they moved the ball I'm still surprised.
    Yup, the end of the first half was a debacle also I think the Colts had a better shot at converting a 4th and 11 then Stover kicking a 51 yarder. The Saints seized the Victory, you got to hand it to them.

How would you grade the coaching in general.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

E - re: the lack of points.  The colts had 2 3 and outs in the second Q and had the ball for a total of 2 minutes.  Their only full possession of the 3rd Q they scored a TD. 

If I fault Manning (and gasp I don't as much for the pick six as this one), I fault him for his deep 3rd down throw to Austin Collie.  The colts were not in great FG range for Stover (although apparently the kick was deep enough).  Manning needed to find a different receiver (I don't know if there was one) even if for only 5 yards.  Then the colts would have had a much more manageable 46 yd kick.  

Really this is the one true fault I have with manning historically.  Sometimes he will reach and throw a difficult ball that he shouldn't at an inopportune time.  That incompletion to Collie (IMO) was one of them. 

As for the play calling - if you want to fault Manning, this is one of those areas - because he has more play calling authority than any other QB in the game.  The team needed to find a way to get the first down at the end of the first half.  I just think that dramatically changed the game (that and the onside kick). 

The saints were the better team last night.  Brees is a phenomenal QB.  If you are going to lose, I prefer it to a team like the saints who understandably had 98% of the country rooting for them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Super Bowls W/L records:

Brady 3-1
    Manning 1-1

What's up?

Sections
Shortcuts