This is getting RIDICULOUS!! Sign Welker today!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is getting RIDICULOUS!! Sign Welker today!

Great article here...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/kirk-minihane/2013/03/12/why-patriots-need-sign-wes-welker

Welker isn't a product of the system, he's helped make the system (and he'll catch 100-plus in Dallas or Indy -- he caught 67 passes with Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon in 2006 with the Dolphins). The Patriots started scoring 500 points a season when Welker and Randy Moss arrived and they are still scoring 500 points a year. The window isn't closing on Tom Brady, but if you squint just a little and tilt your head that way you can almost see the end. And you are doing your franchise quarterback -- one of the two or three best in history -- more than a disservice if you take Welker away and replace him for (literally) 40 cents on the dollar. This is a team with legitimate Super Bowl aspirations for the next couple of years and losing Welker weakens that prospect. 

Call me a simpleton, but the best way to win football games is still with great players, right? By the strictest definition Welker has been and remains a great football player, one who wants to stay with the Patriots and with Tom Brady.

The call is simple: Sign Wes Welker.

-------------------------

"Welker isn't a product of the system, he's helped make the system"  It couldn't be said any better then this.  It's time to get this deal done today and start making some moves today.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: This is getting RIDICULOUS!! Sign Welker today!

In response to TFB12's comment:

Great article here...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/kirk-minihane/2013/03/12/why-patriots-need-sign-wes-welker

Welker isn't a product of the system, he's helped make the system (and he'll catch 100-plus in Dallas or Indy -- he caught 67 passes with Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon in 2006 with the Dolphins). The Patriots started scoring 500 points a season when Welker and Randy Moss arrived and they are still scoring 500 points a year. The window isn't closing on Tom Brady, but if you squint just a little and tilt your head that way you can almost see the end. And you are doing your franchise quarterback -- one of the two or three best in history -- more than a disservice if you take Welker away and replace him for (literally) 40 cents on the dollar. This is a team with legitimate Super Bowl aspirations for the next couple of years and losing Welker weakens that prospect. 

Call me a simpleton, but the best way to win football games is still with great players, right? By the strictest definition Welker has been and remains a great football player, one who wants to stay with the Patriots and with Tom Brady.

The call is simple: Sign Wes Welker.

-------------------------

"Welker isn't a product of the system, he's helped make the system"  It couldn't be said any better then this.  It's time to get this deal done today and start making some moves today.

You may have already said this many times and I never caught it but how much money would you give Wes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you ever think this might have something to do with wes?? hes 32 and wants 9-10 mil per year....thats alot for any receiver, espescially a slot receiver. now dont get me wrong, id like to see wes back, but if they can go out and get more value out of that 10 mil, than id be all for that too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My guess is the Pats gave Welker their offer and he's testing to see if he can get anything significantly better. If not, he will be back...if yes, then he's probably gone.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

My guess is the Pats gave Welker their offer and he's testing to see if he can get anything significantly better. If not, he will be back...if yes, then he's probably gone.

Well I assume they would want a decision fairly fast so they can get moving on other players.  Oh wait, this is Free Agency period.. Pats usually move slow at this time so maybe he has time to decide.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

you ever think this might have something to do with wes?? hes 32 and wants 9-10 mil per year....thats alot for any receiver, espescially a slot receiver. now dont get me wrong, id like to see wes back, but if they can go out and get more value out of that 10 mil, than id be all for that too.

History shows that it's probably a Patriots low ball offer issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

History shows that it's probably a Patriots low ball offer issue.

you're probobaly right, but i wouldnt want to see them spend 10 mil on wes, he just isnt worth that much....he has done a lot for the patriots and he will be missed if he signs with another team, but the patriots just have too many needs to spend 10 mil on a slot receiver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

You may have already said this many times and I never caught it but how much money would you give Wes?

$8 to $9 mill per year, 3 years, $16 mill guaranteed.  Good deal, fair deal, imo.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

$8 to $9 mill per year, 3 years, $16 mill guaranteed.  Good deal, fair deal, imo.  

Ya, I think 3 years should be the max. A 4th year is risky IMO.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Patriots never pay big money for WR.  What part of this is so dam unexpected?  The largest contract we have ever given to a WR in the BB era is Moss at 3 for 27.  AND HE WAS COMING OFF ARGUABLY THE GREATEST SEASON FOR A WR IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.  If Wes thinks he can get more money going somewhere else let him.  I don't care what some dam reporter says.  Wes IS a system player (that doesn't mean he isn't great at what he does).  If you don't have a system with lots of sets that allow him to be in the slot or an extremely accurate QB he is not as useful.  There aren't that many teams that will get the full benefit of his services.  Last season it was reported we offered him 8 million per fully guaranteed.  If he wants to walk over a few million a year that isn't guaranteed I say LET HIM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Report is the Pats offered Welker substantially less then what he was seeking. Pats again POing players off with low ball offers. He might bolt just to spite the Pats at this point which at this point given the WR FA field and the WR draft depth would be a huge 06' type of mistake

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

8 mil is not a lowball offer, mrs welker.

Once again Rusty you are not reading peoples posts before making your bonehead comments.  Who said $8 mill is a low ball offer?  Do you know the Patriots offered that?  I was asked what I would pay Welker and I responded $8 to $9 mill per yr. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Report is the Pats offered Welker substantially less then what he was seeking. Pats again POing players off with low ball offers. He might bolt just to spite the Pats at this point which at this point given the WR FA field and the WR draft depth would be a huge 06' type of mistake

I will say, I'll be interested to see what direction they go in if Welker is not retained. We still need help on the outside (especially if they decide to cut Lloyd) and we would need someone to somewhat fill in for Welker in the slot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Agree.  Only a fool who played poorly in two sbs would walk away for an ego stroke now.

Seriously, do you really think they would have even got there without Welker? Do you think the even play the the Ravens in the AFC Championship last season without Welker there?  Get a grip dude, Welker is a huge part of the offense.  With Gronk and AH81 trading bench time through the season what do they have to get the production Welker gives the team?  You are seriously delusional.  I don't understand your hate on Welker, it's just plain ignorant to think Welker has not been a big part of the teams success and would be in the future.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Welker 'seriously considering' leaving Pats

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports free agent Wes Welker is "seriously considering bolting" New England after the Patriots' contract offer came in "substantially lower" than Welker anticipated.

It's not surprising because this is how the Patriots do business. No one player is bigger than the team concept, and they won't do anything they deem fiscally irresponsible. The Pats have Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman available as fallback options. Welker turns 32 in May and his market around the league has been soft. New England still maintains a big leverage leg up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TFB12, buddy, take a deep breath and have a cold soda.  I love your posts but please don't have a myocardial infarction over Welker for crying out loud.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wes turned down 16 mil guaranteed last year I thought? I would prefer around the 7-8mil but I have a feeling Wes or his agent is trying to get more per and more guaranteed than what you are suggesting.

IF that is the case, and I have absolutley no idea what is going on, no one does, do you still think the Pats are messing up? What if Wes is asking 9 mil per for 3 years with 21 guaranteed?

I love Wes but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on WR's. I just don't value the position as highly as some.

Last time I checked Randy Moss, Larry Fitgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, etc, have not won any superbowls yet. I am sure everyone will be quick to point out if I messed up on any of those guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wes turned down 16 mil guaranteed last year I thought? I would prefer around the 7-8mil but I have a feeling Wes or his agent is trying to get more per and more guaranteed than what you are suggesting.

IF that is the case, and I have absolutley no idea what is going on, no one does, do you still think the Pats are messing up? What if Wes is asking 9 mil per for 3 years with 21 guaranteed?

I love Wes but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on WR's. I just don't value the position as highly as some.

Last time I checked Randy Moss, Larry Fitgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, etc, have not won any superbowls yet. I am sure everyone will be quick to point out if I messed up on any of those guys.

Yes but nether has Jaber Gaffney or Reche Caldwell or Donte Stallworth

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.