This is how bad Jets blew the Tebow experiment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

This is how bad Jets blew the Tebow experiment

This is funny very funny.... bordering on preposterous... you just can not make this up....

Tebow paid $5 million to generate offense and options for Jets and help O succeed.... Here is what they got....

Rams rookie punter outpassed Tebow in 2012

No Guts, No Glory

Buried at the end of Jim Thomas’ column in the St. Louis Patch-Dispatch about the Rams’ rookie punter Johnny Hekker is a nugget that sadly sums up Tim Tebow’s season...

Hope the Jets keep making these wonderful personnel decisions and then blow any chance to let the player succeed. 

This is not a Tebow is great thread... it is Jets can't even use the people they have thread..... Tebow went from winning a playoff game to be out passed by a punter....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: This is how bad Jets blew the Tebow experiment

Given what Tebow was able to do in Denver, the Jets totally wasted a year of this player's talents, no matter what they may be. Talk about a disfunctional organization!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Tebow isn't a QB period. He wasn't great in Den and didn't show anything more then Sanchez. Honestly people, the Jets didn't underutilize Tebow because they didn't use him as a QB it's just Tebow is honestly that bad as a QB.

Also Tebow didn't do anything special in Den. Den's D and their kicker did special things but Tebow was a bottom 1/3rd QB while in Den. Look at his stats, 46.5% completion, 6.4yrd ave, 72.9 QB rating, 6ints and 13 fumbles in 14 games (11 started), 33 sacks losing 225yrds. Those are horrible numbers and are almost identical to Sanchez's numbers over his career. Worse off Tebow is a gimmick QB so those numbers were only that high because the league was still figuring him out. With the exception of the Pit playoff game his numbers took a dive in in the last handful of games in the season. He is only going to get worse as teams figure him out unless he suddenly learns how to be a QB.

We all make fun of Sanchez but Tebow hasn't put up any better numbers than Sanchez as a gimmick QB and yet he's a winner because of what the rest of his team did? Does that makes Sanchez a winner too since his team went to the AFCCG?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tebow isn't a QB period. He wasn't great in Den and didn't show anything more then Sanchez. Honestly people, the Jets didn't underutilize Tebow because they didn't use him as a QB it's just Tebow is honestly that bad as a QB.

Also Tebow didn't do anything special in Den. Den's D and their kicker did special things but Tebow was a bottom 1/3rd QB while in Den. Look at his stats, 46.5% completion, 6.4yrd ave, 72.9 QB rating, 6ints and 13 fumbles in 14 games (11 started), 33 sacks losing 225yrds. Those are horrible numbers and are almost identical to Sanchez's numbers over his career. Worse off Tebow is a gimmick QB so those numbers were only that high because the league was still figuring him out. With the exception of the Pit playoff game his numbers took a dive in in the last handful of games in the season. He is only going to get worse as teams figure him out unless he suddenly learns how to be a QB.

We all make fun of Sanchez but Tebow hasn't put up any better numbers than Sanchez as a gimmick QB and yet he's a winner because of what the rest of his team did? Does that makes Sanchez a winner too since his team went to the AFCCG?

[/QUOTE]

and yet Peyton Manning is the greatest because he the Broncos in the playoffs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - Will-Redd..  it is called "Manning Love"...  he is above reproach no matter what the team does.  Tebow was the QB of the Broncos last season and there is a slew of other reasons given why Denver got to the playoffs then, this season, they got there BECAUSE of Manning! Go figure!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Pretty sad how bad it has gotten for Tebow, yet very deserving as well.  They guy just loves media attention, and that's why he went to NY in the first place.  Plus he totally quit on them and proved that he is a self-centered fraud, so he deserves all of the criticism he gets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and yet Peyton Manning is the greatest because he the Broncos in the playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

please don't tell me you just compared Tebow to Manning. Manning is a top 5 QB of all time that's why he's great. Tebow isn't even a top 32 QB in this league. I mean please correct me if I'm wrong but comparing Manning's 2012 numbers to Tebow's 2011 numbers I would say without a doubt that Manning by far and away had more to do with Den being in the playoffs then Tebow did last year. Heck Flacco had more to do with Bal getting into the playoffs (this year) then Tebow did with Den last year and Flacco is horrible.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PatsEng...   There is absolutely no debating QBs when comparing Tebow to Manning.  What we are seeing is the media giving way too much credit to Manning in getting the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  They DID get there last year without him and with Tebow as the QB, right?  Manning stepped into a great situation by joining the Broncos which stayed fairly static from last year.  One wonders what he could have done in Indianapolis if he had stayed there given that team's changes from last season to this one.  Either way, Manning is the greatest REGULAR season QB the league has seen, huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PatsEng...   There is absolutely no debating QBs when comparing Tebow to Manning.  What we are seeing is the media giving way too much credit to Manning in getting the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  They DID get there last year without him and with Tebow as the QB, right?  Manning stepped into a great situation by joining the Broncos which stayed fairly static from last year.  One wonders what he could have done in Indianapolis if he had stayed there given that team's changes from last season to this one.  Either way, Manning is the greatest REGULAR season QB the league has seen, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Then why even bring it up? The debate is not what the media thinks of Tebow it's that some people, esp on this board, feel Tebow is a good QB who isn't used right when the numbers don't point that out. The media also gave all the credit to Tebow last year for getting into the playoffs along with most of the Tebow fans when it wasn't the case at all. If anything they got to the playoffs despite Tebow. You can't say that about Manning. If anything Manning gave them a much better shot at the playoffs to a team that was a fringe playoff team and is now the #1 seed. Unless you are telling me you think Tebow or Sanchez could have lead Den to the #1 seed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Eng..   would the Broncos have made the playoffs without Manning?  If your answer is "yes", then the media is giving too much credit to Manning for leading the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  He improved them, not led them to the promised land from the waste land.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tebow stinks, he should play in Canada...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Eng..   would the Broncos have made the playoffs without Manning?  If your answer is "yes", then the media is giving too much credit to Manning for leading the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  He improved them, not led them to the promised land from the waste land.

[/QUOTE]

How did this get from Tebow was used wrong and should have been a starting QB to the media saying Manning lead Den to the playoffs? I honestly have no clue how that transition happened, but yes Manning deserve some (not all the credit) for Den being in the playoffs. No, I don't think any fringe playoff team from the previous year is a lock to make the playoffs next year so no not all playoff teams are equal. There are clearly playoff caliber teams, fringe fighting for a shot teams, and no chance teams. Last year Den was a fringe playoff team who was 8-8 in one of the worst divisions. Trying to compare the 12th playoff team with a .500 record to a #1 seed and saying Manning doesn't deserve credit because they were a playoff team before is silly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How did this get from Tebow was used wrong and should have been a starting QB to the media saying Manning lead Den to the playoffs? I honestly have no clue how that transition happened, but yes Manning deserve some (not all the credit) for Den being in the playoffs. No, I don't think any fringe playoff team from the previous year is a lock to make the playoffs next year so no not all playoff teams are equal. There are clearly playoff caliber teams, fringe fighting for a shot teams, and no chance teams. Last year Den was a fringe playoff team who was 8-8 in one of the worst divisions. Trying to compare the 12th playoff team with a .500 record to a #1 seed and saying Manning doesn't deserve credit because they were a playoff team before is silly.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody said that, you might want to ask yourself why you thought you heard this, it's kind of strange.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I was not saying that Tebow is a starting caliber player, but Jets offense was so bad and yet they never even tried to see if he could spark them and make something happen. I agree Tebow is not a great quarterback. This is more about how bad the Jets organization and leadership is....they could not even find a way to use him in any compacity. He has the ability to make things happen, unorthodoxially but he does... why not see if could have happened again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I was watching the Total QuarterBack Rating "TQR" last year and Tebow and Sancheese where leap froging each other from 34 to 36 and I think Sancheese ended with a 37 point something and Tebow was around 36.  A Quarterback in the NLF has to be over 50 TQR just  to be adverage.  So No Tebow was not going to help the Jets any more than Sanchez this year becasue he Jest were disfunctional and didn't have a Denver type of Defense.  Could Tebow have made the Playoffs with Denver sure why not in that division 8-8 would have gotten in again, but 8-8 was not going to make it in the AFC East not even a wild card would be availabe at 8-8.

I hate Seyton Manning and it's more about the Media Love he gets than anything he's done, but I will give him credit for completely changing the Denver Offensive scheme and winning 13 games and the number one seed.  I still want to see him fall apart in the playoffs against the Colts, Ravens or Bengles but please don't say he's equal to Tebow!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry if I misunderstood but you mentioned him winning a playoff game (which he was the QB) and playing on the Jets (which he was the #2 QB) and that they misused him (which QB was the only position he's ever played). I put two and two together and got that you felt he should have been the starting QB (since you can only have 1 QB on the field unless you are running some stupid gimmick play that doesn't work). I didn't think that was a big stretch to make considering he is a QB and never did anything else (except as a personal protector). I'm just tired of people who think Tebow is anything more then what he is as a pro, which is a JAG and pointing to Den and saying he's a winner he just needs a shot. It's a gigantic leap going from where he is to they under used him considering he can't do anything other then being a QB at the moment. It would have been completely different if in training camp they used him as a TE, or WR, or RB (who knows maybe they did and he sucked at it) but all they used him for was trick college QB plays. As a QB the only way he could have been used more was as a QB and he was no better then Sanchez so might as well use the higher priced guy you traded more to get in the first place

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's funny, Pats-bilbo. 

I like Tebow, I like what he stands for, I met Tebow and he is a great dude!  I'm cheering for the guy because he is a born leader and a born winner.  Just give the guy a chance!!

Just shows how smart John Fox was over there in Denver putting in an offense on the fly like that which would play to Tebows strengths to where they could win.  Also shows just how lazy or lacking of creativity Rex Ryan and the Jets coaching staff is/was that they could use him and his strengths to help the team win.  Jets fans should be pretty mad at their team for not trying and doing all they could to help that team win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Tebow did something for Denver last year that no one can dispute. not even his most ardent detractors...His play helped to fire up the entire team and propelled them to a playoff victory. he may not be the best QB and he's certainly not a very accurate passer...but he will run through a wall. like it or not the guys a football player and unfortunately for him he was sold a bag of goods by someone in the Jets organization and was completely under utilized. 

this kid has won at every level. including the NFL...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tebow is the greatest detriment to Peyton Manning winning the MVP this season. The worst QB in the league took that exact same team to a 7-4 record in the worst division in the NFL. 

7-4 with Tim Tebow that might have ended as a 10-6 if he started all 16, but 13-3 with Peyton is such a huge improvement? -_-

Also, Tebow stinks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

kind of like how pats went 11-5 minus Tom Brady then? can't have it both ways

we know, peyton's a former colt and he could cure cancer and you'd still criticize him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is funny very funny.... bordering on preposterous... you just can not make this up....

Tebow paid $5 million to generate offense and options for Jets and help O succeed.... Here is what they got....

Rams rookie punter outpassed Tebow in 2012

No Guts, No Glory

Buried at the end of Jim Thomas’ column in the St. Louis Patch-Dispatch about the Rams’ rookie punter Johnny Hekker is a nugget that sadly sums up Tim Tebow’s season...

Hope the Jets keep making these wonderful personnel decisions and then blow any chance to let the player succeed. 

This is not a Tebow is great thread... it is Jets can't even use the people they have thread..... Tebow went from winning a playoff game to be out passed by a punter....

[/QUOTE]

a woody move all the way

same thing with favre back in 08 though of course favre was legit great qb but still not a football move a publicity move to sell PSL's and jerseys (sold tons of tebow jerseys but not the PSL's) and a desperate ploy after jints won sb, just like after 42...woody seems to value press and PSL's over winning team and he has to take the hit for Tebow all the way

and as far as jets use or lack thereof of tim tebow it was a wasted year in which they didn't even try to do anything with him...they sold him a bill of goods (remember the rex line about 15+ plays per game?) then let him rot there-best thing is him going elsewhere and at least get a chance

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

tebow isnt an NFL QB. He got lucky in Denver last year winning all of those games. It was their defense that kept them in and won most of those games.  It  looks like the Jets signed Tebow without thinking about how he would fit in with them. They have also badly mismanaged their salary cap and will pay for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tebow isnt an NFL QB. He got lucky in Denver last year winning all of those games. It was their defense that kept them in and won most of those games.  It  looks like the Jets signed Tebow without thinking about how he would fit in with them. They have also badly mismanaged their salary cap and will pay for it.

[/QUOTE]

like i said woody move...i dont think rex or tannanbaum had anything to do with it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They did get some good use out of him during halftime at the home games.