This is how bad Jets blew the Tebow experiment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: This is how bad Jets blew the Tebow experiment

In response to TFB12's comment:

They did get some good use out of him during halftime at the home games.

this one's a stretch tfb....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

He refused to do this... just like playing wildcat the last two games.....HAHAHA

great pic TFB12... your photoshop skills are very good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

/le sigh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The only difference is we know for certain how bad Sanchez is and we know his NFL trajectory...flat. He's not going to get any better.

We know how bad Tebow is but the jury is still out on what he can be. He did improve his first season, he works hard, it is possible for him to improve his mechanics and approach to suit the NFL game better. What is his potential?

The Jets simply preffered to get another data point on Sanchez as opposed to exploring the question about Tebows potential.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

^ - Will-Redd..  it is called "Manning Love"...  he is above reproach no matter what the team does.  Tebow was the QB of the Broncos last season and there is a slew of other reasons given why Denver got to the playoffs then, this season, they got there BECAUSE of Manning! Go figure!!!

Leave us not forget, this is a guy who many pundits honestly believed (or at least claimed to believe) should have gotten MVP votes because of how bad the Colts were without him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I don't care much for Peyton Manning, but that has to do with his proclivity to throw teammates under a bus whenever he loses (as opposed to "manning up" the way Brady does when the Pats succumb to defeat).

But most (not all) of the Manning Love bestowed on Peyton is because he is an outstanding QB. Forget all the nonsense about the records of the teams you once played on; hell, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls, and neither of them was beyond mediocre. Manning understands the position, makes very good reads, and is able to make throws that few QBs in history could make. Like him or not (and I don't), you'd better respect him if you're on the opposing D; he's the real deal behind center.

Tebow is a guy with a strong body and a big heart. But he doesn't understand the pro QB position, can only make simple reads, and cannot throw into a tight window. People will forever rave about the games he won at Denver, and for those who are pre-disposed to liking him (he is a nice guy, after all), there is simply no way to get through to them just how incredibly awful Tebow actually played. He was fortunate to have a defense that played over their heads; a kicker having an all-millenium year; and a coach smart enough to keep the ball on the ground and out of the air. But towards the end of the year, when NFL teams had enough film on Denver's option gimmick, the Broncos struggled mightily--including two royal beatdowns at the hands of the Pats. (The playoff win over the Steelers was just a rare brain f@rt by Dick Lebeau. Putting nine men in the box is sheer idiocy against anyone; the QB simply has to chuck the ball up in the air and let his receivers go get it. He did.)

Physically, I think Tebow might make a good fullback or H-back. Don't know whether or not his ego would accept that on a permanent basis. Ironically, I think his heavily muscled physique likely works against his having good throwing mechanics. Throwing a football is like swinging a golf club in a way. The power is generated by a smooth, centripedal motion, not by application of muscular force. Don't see too many bulked-up QBs successfully throwing a football.

I really wouldn't mind seeing Tebow on the Patriots; just not at QB. I mean, never at QB. If TB12 went down, I'd rather bring back Hoyer than have Tebow on the depth chart behind Mallett. But, unlike Rex and Sporano, I think BB and JMD would find really creative ways to get the ball in Tebow's hands in space, and he could probably turn into one of the best blitz-pickup backs ever...I can't imagine a corner wanting to run through Tebow to get to Brady, LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NY-Pats -  I thuoght similar that there has to be a position Tebow could play but then I started to look at it realistically. He's way to tall and stays to upright to be a H-Back option, not to mention he has trouble holding onto the ball and his legs just aren't built to push a pile. All his strenght is waist and up. You can see this when he carried the ball in NY, stood up and knocked backwards way to often. So, then I though he'd be a possession WR but he's to slow to really get open and doesn't have good hip movement (essential as a WR). Yes he'd have the height advantage but this guy isn't use to taking WR hits during recs and good DB's would have a field since Tebow can't jump and they can. Then I though well maybe a pass catching TE since he'd be matched up against people his own speed and CoD ability. He's a bit undersized and needs to gain a little extra weight but it's a possiblity, however, I have to believe the Jets tried him out as a pass catcher and he just couldn't catch the ball or learn to take a hit in the act of the rec. Even if they didn't he'd be a major question mark. Any way you look at it I just can't find a good position for him. He's either to large, to small, to slow, or to much lack of experience. Truthfully I wouldn't want him on the 53 man roster while trying to learn a new position and I doubt he'd want to be on the PS for a couple years while learning a new position either. Nice guy but as a football player his glory days will be left at Florida

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

PatsEng...   There is absolutely no debating QBs when comparing Tebow to Manning.  What we are seeing is the media giving way too much credit to Manning in getting the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  They DID get there last year without him and with Tebow as the QB, right?  Manning stepped into a great situation by joining the Broncos which stayed fairly static from last year.  One wonders what he could have done in Indianapolis if he had stayed there given that team's changes from last season to this one.  Either way, Manning is the greatest REGULAR season QB the league has seen, huh?

kind of like how pats went 11-5 minus Tom Brady then? can't have it both ways

we know, peyton's a former colt and he could cure cancer and you'd still criticize him

No, no, no, troll boy.  The point is, the media fawns over Gomer and now Eli and hold NE and Brady to a different standard. It's been going on for 10 years.

Brady could cure cancer and MS simultaneously and it would be passed off as it being because of Gomer. 

That's the difference.

This goes back to when Gomer was considered better because had better stats in the regular season, with half his games in a dome and superior firepower, yet Brady would outperform Gomer every time.

Why? Brady was better.  Still is for that matter.

and hold NE and Brady to a different standard. It's been going on for 10 years.

Of course they do! (rolls eyes-shakes head)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

NY-Pats -  I thuoght similar that there has to be a position Tebow could play but then I started to look at it realistically. He's way to tall and stays to upright to be a H-Back option, not to mention he has trouble holding onto the ball and his legs just aren't built to push a pile. All his strenght is waist and up. You can see this when he carried the ball in NY, stood up and knocked backwards way to often. So, then I though he'd be a possession WR but he's to slow to really get open and doesn't have good hip movement (essential as a WR). Yes he'd have the height advantage but this guy isn't use to taking WR hits during recs and good DB's would have a field since Tebow can't jump and they can. Then I though well maybe a pass catching TE since he'd be matched up against people his own speed and CoD ability. He's a bit undersized and needs to gain a little extra weight but it's a possiblity, however, I have to believe the Jets tried him out as a pass catcher and he just couldn't catch the ball or learn to take a hit in the act of the rec. Even if they didn't he'd be a major question mark. Any way you look at it I just can't find a good position for him. He's either to large, to small, to slow, or to much lack of experience. Truthfully I wouldn't want him on the 53 man roster while trying to learn a new position and I doubt he'd want to be on the PS for a couple years while learning a new position either. Nice guy but as a football player his glory days will be left at Florida

You may be right on all counts, PatsEng.

I guess I'm just intrigued by Tebow's heart and strength.

I also think BB is a master at finding a place for "misfits" who are football players. But as you said, we don't know whether Tebow has any ball skills to speak of. I don't know how fast he runs, but if he were fast enough, I'd even look at him at strong safety, LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

This failure began at the very top of the YETS organization.  It had to be ownership and or the front office.  The coaching staff had no idea what to with this guy and they did nothing to even try to use him in any effective way.  STOOOOPID across the whole organization.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

PatsEng...   There is absolutely no debating QBs when comparing Tebow to Manning.  What we are seeing is the media giving way too much credit to Manning in getting the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  They DID get there last year without him and with Tebow as the QB, right?  Manning stepped into a great situation by joining the Broncos which stayed fairly static from last year.  One wonders what he could have done in Indianapolis if he had stayed there given that team's changes from last season to this one.  Either way, Manning is the greatest REGULAR season QB the league has seen, huh?

kind of like how pats went 11-5 minus Tom Brady then? can't have it both ways

we know, peyton's a former colt and he could cure cancer and you'd still criticize him

No, no, no, troll boy.  The point is, the media fawns over Gomer and now Eli and hold NE and Brady to a different standard. It's been going on for 10 years.

Brady could cure cancer and MS simultaneously and it would be passed off as it being because of Gomer. 

That's the difference.

This goes back to when Gomer was considered better because had better stats in the regular season, with half his games in a dome and superior firepower, yet Brady would outperform Gomer every time.

Why? Brady was better.  Still is for that matter.

the media fawns over Gomer and now Eli

what are you talking about? the media doesn't "fawn" over eli;  they barely talk about him-he's got the lowest profile you will ever see among a starting QB for a top team

they talk about him on a national level only when he is in the SB and then afterwards for a bit-even in the playoffs it's usually the Giants front 4 or receivers or the opposing team's QB who gets more attention-you couldn't be more off base here

well, considering it's you, i guess you could be

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

This is funny very funny.... bordering on preposterous... you just can not make this up....

Tebow paid $5 million to generate offense and options for Jets and help O succeed.... Here is what they got....

Rams rookie punter outpassed Tebow in 2012

No Guts, No Glory

Buried at the end of Jim Thomas’ column in the St. Louis Patch-Dispatch about the Rams’ rookie punter Johnny Hekker is a nugget that sadly sums up Tim Tebow’s season...

Hope the Jets keep making these wonderful personnel decisions and then blow any chance to let the player succeed. 

This is not a Tebow is great thread... it is Jets can't even use the people they have thread..... Tebow went from winning a playoff game to be out passed by a punter....

you see the Hobbit yet?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Kerry Byrne always has something interesting to say..here is the take he had inside his recent article on Quality Stats power rankings..where the jets were 23rd.

23b. New York Jets (6-10) -- Tim Tebow's career Real Quarterback Rating of 81.2 would have been 14th in the NFL this year and better than the rating posted by four of 12 playoff teams. It's also 26.9 points higher than Mark Sanchez's pathetic 55.3 Real QB Rating in 2012. It's worth noting that teams that post a higher Real QB Rating went 218-37 (.855) in 2012 -- the highest "Correlation to Victory" of any stat in football -- and 45-3 (.938) from Weeks 15 through 17. Nice job, Rex.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130104/inside-power-rankings/?sct=hp_t11_a11&eref=sihp

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tebow isn't a QB period. He wasn't great in Den and didn't show anything more then Sanchez. Honestly people, the Jets didn't underutilize Tebow because they didn't use him as a QB it's just Tebow is honestly that bad as a QB.

Also Tebow didn't do anything special in Den. Den's D and their kicker did special things but Tebow was a bottom 1/3rd QB while in Den. Look at his stats, 46.5% completion, 6.4yrd ave, 72.9 QB rating, 6ints and 13 fumbles in 14 games (11 started), 33 sacks losing 225yrds. Those are horrible numbers and are almost identical to Sanchez's numbers over his career. Worse off Tebow is a gimmick QB so those numbers were only that high because the league was still figuring him out. With the exception of the Pit playoff game his numbers took a dive in in the last handful of games in the season. He is only going to get worse as teams figure him out unless he suddenly learns how to be a QB.

We all make fun of Sanchez but Tebow hasn't put up any better numbers than Sanchez as a gimmick QB and yet he's a winner because of what the rest of his team did? Does that makes Sanchez a winner too since his team went to the AFCCG?

I would take Sanchez over Tebow any day. 

If you give Sanchez a great D, line and a playmaker or two, he can be decent. He breaks down when you ask him to do anything on his own. 

Problem is Tebow is never good. Denver, even when they were peaking under Tebow, were really dragging him along. People would show the "highlight reel TD dive" he would make, say he "just wins", but they would never show the two TOs per game he would make, the strings of terrible passes, the mental mistakes getting the offense to the line, and the number of successive stops and short fields his defense got him to make that one dive happen. Denver just proved that with a top 5 defense, and great special teams, and a great RB stable/WR combo, you can drag a total millstone into the playoffs. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I try to bypass the BS and look at the bottom line. Compare the numbers of TT with the hype machine Andy Luck. You could argue TT has been better.

Factor in that Tebow has had to run the gauntlet of zero moral support and even ridicule from his teams while Luck has had his azz kissed until every nose in the house is brown and you have to wonder how Tebow and Luck would be doing if things were reversed.

I hope the guy finds a team that actually gives him half the support Luck gets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Hey Tebow may not be a good quarterback, but at least he doesn't have a butt-fumble on his resume.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:

Hey Tebow may not be a good quarterback, but at least he doesn't have a butt-fumble on his resume.

Though not as egregious as butt-fumble, this was pretty funny at the time;
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap1000000065045/Tebow-takes-one-off-the-helmet

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Jets' comment:

NOTE TO EVERYBODY!!!! When replying to a post it is NOT required to repost the original-They say repetition is the key to success. I will keep reminding you M orons of this until it STOPS! So another NY thread is the most popular thread in here...again??? I thought the pats made the playoffs. I thought that you would be discussing how Brady played himself out of MVP contention and the pats defense and how it represents Swiss cheese. So my horribly accented neighbors from the North...how are ya!?

The Jets make us laugh.

Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter reduces pain, increases job performance, connects people emotionally, and improves the flow of oxygen to the heart and brain.

Lol!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Eng..   would the Broncos have made the playoffs without Manning?  If your answer is "yes", then the media is giving too much credit to Manning for leading the Broncos to the playoffs this season.  He improved them, not led them to the promised land from the waste land.

How did this get from Tebow was used wrong and should have been a starting QB to the media saying Manning lead Den to the playoffs? I honestly have no clue how that transition happened, but yes Manning deserve some (not all the credit) for Den being in the playoffs. No, I don't think any fringe playoff team from the previous year is a lock to make the playoffs next year so no not all playoff teams are equal. There are clearly playoff caliber teams, fringe fighting for a shot teams, and no chance teams. Last year Den was a fringe playoff team who was 8-8 in one of the worst divisions. Trying to compare the 12th playoff team with a .500 record to a #1 seed and saying Manning doesn't deserve credit because they were a playoff team before is silly.

Nobody said that, you might want to ask yourself why you thought you heard this, it's kind of strange.

It's not silly, it's statistics. Look, as great as Manning is, he can only win three more meaningful games this year than Tebow won last year. There really isn't much of a difference if you just look at the numbers.

Sections
Shortcuts