This is how they Fall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: This is how they Fall

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall:
    LOL at the Cardinals.  When you trade a pick this year (#26) for a pick next year (Oakland's), you RECEIVE extra high picks, not GIVE UP.  It doesn't matter if Oakland's pick could be high, a pick this year is much more valuable.  If the Patriots were to trade Oakland's pick into this year, they would probably get a second round pick in return.  Definitely not a first AND second round pick.  Not by a long shot.
    Posted by pyegian

Generally true but not in the case where the 2011 first rounder could concievably be moving the cardinals up 20 positions or more from their current 2010 position. The 2011 pick will be worth more not less, with the strong likelihood of a rookie salary cap being implemented in the new CBA.

The way things stand right now I think the pats could easily get a mid-to late 2010 first rounder the the oakland 2011 pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Graham @ 90 what is wrong with that?

It may be a little early but the man is a beast his height, weight and speed combo is off the charts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall : Generally true but not in the case where the 2011 first rounder could concievably be moving the cardinals up 20 positions or more from their current 2010 position. The 2011 pick will be worth more not less, with the strong likelihood of a rookie salary cap being implemented in the new CBA. The way things stand right now I think the pats could easily get a mid-to late 2010 first rounder the the oakland 2011 pick.
    Posted by unclealfie

Key word there is conceivably.  Yes it could move them up a lot, but even though it's the Raiders, it could still only end up moving them up 10-12 spots, and considering how much deeper this draft is, you could probably get a player of equal quality at a lower slotted price, and have him on your team this year (rookie scale will not be in effect next year).

Either way, if it was a straight swap of #26 this year for the Raiders' 2011 pick then at least it makes a bit of sense.  The Cardinals adding in 2nd and 3rd round picks this year makes absolutely none. In this draft, those are almost guaranteed starters, and if the Raiders win 7-8 games and end up in the teens, you've screwed yourself royally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IF YOU GO BACK AND SCAN EVEN THE MOST LOGICAL MOCK DRAFTS IN THIS DISCUSSION GROUP,OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER,YOU WOULD HAVE TO ACCEPT A SITUATION WHERE THERE WOULD BE AT THE VERY LEAST 25-30 PLAYERS TAKEN BEFORE THE THE PATS PICK AT 22.WHAT THIS SAYS IS THAT THERE IS A GOODLY NUMBER OF PLAYERS WHO WOULD WARRENT BEING SELECTED IN THE FIRST 21 PICKS.GUYS,THERE HAS TO BE AT WORST 3-5 LEGITIMATE TOP 20 PICKS AVAILABLE TO THE PATS AT 22.TAKE OUT THE CONSIENSUS TOP 6-8 PICKS AND YOU WOULD STILL HAVE 2-4 BECAUSE YOU KNOW ONE OR TEAMS ARE GOING TO MAKE AN OFF THE WALL CHOICE AND A COUPLE MORE WILL DRAFT STRICTLY FOR NEED.SOME ONE REALLY TALENTED IS GOING TO BE THERE AND NO,I DON'T EXPECT B.B. TO MAKE ONE OF THE OFF THE WALL CHOICES.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall : Key word there is conceivably.  Yes it could move them up a lot, but even though it's the Raiders, it could still only end up moving them up 10-12 spots, and considering how much deeper this draft is, you could probably get a player of equal quality at a lower slotted price, and have him on your team this year (rookie scale will not be in effect next year). Either way, if it was a straight swap of #26 this year for the Raiders' 2011 pick then at least it makes a bit of sense.  The Cardinals adding in 2nd and 3rd round picks this year makes absolutely none. In this draft, those are almost guaranteed starters, and if the Raiders win 7-8 games and end up in the teens, you've screwed yourself royally.
    Posted by pyegian

Pyg.

As i stated earlier

Patriots Get

Cardinals Get

top ten next year with a rookie cap
    2 sevenths

That is pretty even if you are a team convinced that a rookie cap on a top ten player is valuable to your team....

I would say that the Cardinals would appreciate that as they have 15, 16 and 21 million invested in Larry Fitzgerald in the next three years.

And to add to that............. they may a franchise QB next year becasue Leinart has not show up yet.............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall : Pyg. As i stated earlier Patriots Get 26 58 90 Cardinals Get top ten next year with a rookie cap 120 2 sevenths That is pretty even if you are a team convinced that a rookie cap on a top ten player is valuable to your team.... I would say that the Cardinals would appreciate that as they have 15, 16 and 21 million invested in Larry Fitzgerald in the next three years. And to add to that............. they may a franchise QB next year becasue Leinart has not show up yet.............
    Posted by tagandtrade

Couple of things: One, with the likely addition of McNabb, it's unlikely Oakland's pick will be top 10.  Even without McNabb, Oakland has improved a bit over the past couple of years, and there is no guarantee at all the pick would be top 10. Second, I have read in multiple places that it now looks almost certain that a rookie cap will not be in place until 2012.  So a "top 10 pick with a rookie cap" in all likely hood is not at all what they would be getting.

However, regardless of what they would be getting, I don't think any team could sell to themselves, or their fans, that they can give up ALL of their picks in the first 3 rounds of the most talent rich draft possibly in history for a future pick, even if it was #1 overall next year. It's not like the Cardinals are the defending Champions with a perfect roster and no holes to fill. And I don't think a couple seventh round picks sways that at all.  Given all the circumstances, I believe a straight-up swap of #26 this year for Oakland's next year would be closer to reality.  Picks this year are always more valuable than picks in following years.  That's why teams trade second rounders for future 1st rounders, etc.  I understand where you're coming from and the Oakland pick probably has value to the Cardinals but willingly giving up 3 chances to draft starters and not making a pick until the 4th round this year would be tough to swallow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Graham @ 90 what is wrong with that? It may be a little early but the man is a beast his height, weight and speed combo is off the charts
    Posted by tagandtrade

thats what im saying...IMO, i think he goes in the top 75 picks...i know the phins could use a good pass catching TE and we could keep him right at home

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall : Pyg. As i stated earlier Patriots Get 26 58 90 Cardinals Get top ten next year with a rookie cap 120 2 sevenths That is pretty even if you are a team convinced that a rookie cap on a top ten player is valuable to your team.... I would say that the Cardinals would appreciate that as they have 15, 16 and 21 million invested in Larry Fitzgerald in the next three years. And to add to that............. they may a franchise QB next year becasue Leinart has not show up yet.............
    Posted by tagandtrade
    After looking at just the draft choice aspect of the trade I can see the math in the trade without #119 being included,because your talking about trading the Raiders first round pick next season.That pick is potentially a first overall pick and more than likely a top 10 pick,with that said you have to go to the value charts to find out what the value is for a top 10  pick,then you might understand why either the 2 7th's won't be given or the #119 one or the other is too much value if you include any player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall : Couple of things: One, with the likely addition of McNabb, it's unlikely Oakland's pick will be top 10.  Even without McNabb, Oakland has improved a bit over the past couple of years, and there is no guarantee at all the pick would be top 10. Second, I have read in multiple places that it now looks almost certain that a rookie cap will not be in place until 2012.  So a "top 10 pick with a rookie cap" in all likely hood is not at all what they would be getting. However, regardless of what they would be getting, I don't think any team could sell to themselves, or their fans, that they can give up ALL of their picks in the first 3 rounds of the most talent rich draft possibly in history for a future pick, even if it was #1 overall next year. It's not like the Cardinals are the defending Champions with a perfect roster and no holes to fill. And I don't think a couple seventh round picks sways that at all.  Given all the circumstances, I believe a straight-up swap of #26 this year for Oakland's next year would be closer to reality.  Picks this year are always more valuable than picks in following years.  That's why teams trade second rounders for future 1st rounders, etc.  I understand where you're coming from and the Oakland pick probably has value to the Cardinals but willingly giving up 3 chances to draft starters and not making a pick until the 4th round this year would be tough to swallow.
    Posted by pyegian
    The only way there isn't a rookie salary cap in place is if there is a lockout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to This is how they Fall: Why are we wasting space with nonsense like this?
    Mock # 4 22) Sergio Kindle 26) Cardinals Trade the 26th, 58th and 90th pick in the draft to New England for Oaklands 2011 first round pick a 4th and two sevenths in 2010 26) Dez Bryant... jumping past Dallas to take this guy may earn us another pick.... that is why i figured the Cardinals who are strong all around except for Safety would trade back to 2011 and get there franchise OLB next year in the top ten... Chances are Dallas will offer the Patriots a 3rd and a 5th to jump ahead of them for Bryant and that is just what we need to get a stupid pick up in the third - TIMMY TEBOW 44) Germain Gresham... beast 48) Jerry Hughes - why settle for one... lets replace the whole OLB crew 53) Carlton Mitchell  6'4" 220 4.4 speed, needs work with his hands 58) Ben Tate Beast 90) Jimmy Grahm 6'8" 260 pounds 4.6 40
    Posted by tagandtrade

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: This is how they Fall: Kindle is overrated. Hughes is faster, the same size, and much more productive.
    No way in the world is Kindle there at 22 or Bryant at 26
    Posted by 123meg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from iceman778. Show iceman778's posts

whatever may be the situation they hav to face it