This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

In an effort to include players' opinions and perspectives regarding on- and off-field issues, the NFL has formed a Player Advisory Forum that will be spearheaded by former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy. Currently a broadcaster for NBC Sports, Dungy will serve as the Special Advisor to Commissioner Roger Goodell. He has already enlisted Broncos safety Brian Dawkins, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to help arrange and execute meetings at locations league-wide for the Advisory Forum. "Players are an invaluable resource to us in providing direction and insight into a wide range of programs and policies," Goodell said in a statement. "Tony's experience and expertise in working with players make him an ideal leader of the Player Advisory Forum and we appreciate his willingness to take on this important role."The Player Advisor Forum grew from the Player Advisory Council that Goodell implemented in 2006 along with the NFL Players Association. The main difference is that Dungy will arrange the meetings, identify the players to be invited and develop the topics to be discussed. Some of the subjects that Goodell and Dungy would like to be broached have already been identified: player health and safety, personal conduct, game rules and procedures, career transition and player development.Dungy will expand or streamline those topics per the respective meetings, in part by leaning on players from across the league like Lewis and Dawkins. Goodell will attend all the meetings. The NFLPA has been extended an invitation to attend all sessions as well."Input from the players to the commissioner's office and vice versa is so important in helping our league and our players be the best they can be, on and off the field," Dungy said in a statement. "The Commissioner asked me if I would lead this initiative and to me, it is exciting to be in position to help our players."Added Lewis: "This is extremely important and Tony's involvement is a big factor for me because he stands for everything that is right in the NFL. This is an area where we need unity because it's about players and the league helping each other. I truly believe we can accomplish things that will carry on way behind us."Warner, the 2008 Walter Payton Award winner as the NFL Man of the Year, said, “For the NFL to remain as successful as it is today, this type of open communication between the players and commissioner’s office is crucial. To have someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Dungy leading the effort is tremendous. His integrity and credibility are unmatched and everyone involved will be better off because of his involvement.”The meetings will resemble those Goodell staged last year with retired players, seeking their advice and listening to their concerns as to how the NFL could help them and prepare current players for life after football.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81451f9b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

He is either going to be in Goodel's ear on every major subject from now on or he is simply going to wait a few years and then take Goodel's job. So watching the NFL will most likely be like watching a church service the more he gets involved. "Tony Dungy stands for everything that is right in the NFL".....give me a break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

Dungy, two thugs and Jesus' right-hand man?

This should be interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

How is Dawkins a thug in any way?  The guy's a model citizen Prairiemike.  Get a clue and stop judging man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In an effort to include players' opinions and perspectives regarding on- and off-field issues, the NFL has formed a Player Advisory Forum that will be spearheaded by former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy. Currently a broadcaster for NBC Sports, Dungy will serve as the Special Advisor to Commissioner Roger Goodell. He has already enlisted Broncos safety Brian Dawkins , Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to help arrange and execute meetings at locations league-wide for the Advisory Forum.   "Players are an invaluable resource to us in providing direction and insight into a wide range of programs and policies," Goodell said in a statement. "Tony's experience and expertise in working with players make him an ideal leader of the Player Advisory Forum and we appreciate his willingness to take on this important role." The Player Advisor Forum grew from the Player Advisory Council that Goodell implemented in 2006 along with the NFL Players Association. The main difference is that Dungy will arrange the meetings, identify the players to be invited and develop the topics to be discussed. Some of the subjects that Goodell and Dungy would like to be broached have already been identified: player health and safety, personal conduct, game rules and procedures, career transition and player development. Dungy will expand or streamline those topics per the respective meetings, in part by leaning on players from across the league like Lewis and Dawkins. Goodell will attend all the meetings. The NFLPA has been extended an invitation to attend all sessions as well. "Input from the players to the commissioner's office and vice versa is so important in helping our league and our players be the best they can be, on and off the field," Dungy said in a statement. "The Commissioner asked me if I would lead this initiative and to me, it is exciting to be in position to help our players." Added Lewis: "This is extremely important and Tony's involvement is a big factor for me because he stands for everything that is right in the NFL. This is an area where we need unity because it's about players and the league helping each other. I truly believe we can accomplish things that will carry on way behind us." Warner, the 2008 Walter Payton Award winner as the NFL Man of the Year, said, “For the NFL to remain as successful as it is today, this type of open communication between the players and commissioner’s office is crucial. To have someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Dungy leading the effort is tremendous. His integrity and credibility are unmatched and everyone involved will be better off because of his involvement.” The meetings will resemble those Goodell staged last year with retired players, seeking their advice and listening to their concerns as to how the NFL could help them and prepare current players for life after football.     http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81451f9b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true He is either going to be in Goodel's ear on every major subject from now on or he is simply going to wait a few years and then take Goodel's job. So watching the NFL will most likely be like watching a church service the more he gets involved. "Tony Dungy stands for everything that is right in the NFL".....give me a break.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Personally, I don't think Dungy's ability to coordinate and lead players translates into him running a fortune 500 company (The NFL).  With that being said, it's the league's owners that vote for/elect a new commisioner, not the players and I'd have a hard time believing the owners would vote in a guy who is widely known as an advocate for players and their rights, that'd be like voting in the NFLPA President as commissioner. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I agree with MBeaulieu

I think Dungy has a future with the NFLPA, but not with the league itself, although he's widely respected in both circles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    How is Dawkins a thug in any way?  The guy's a model citizen Prairiemike.  Get a clue and stop judging man.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

What model was it that taught him to spear prone and defenseless players in the back?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Goodel is a Jets guy Leon! what are you talking about! You have "your man" in the front office and you still think it was a slap on the  wrist? get a f*cking clue man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"Personally, I don't think Dungy's ability to coordinate and lead players translates into him running a fortune 500 company (The NFL).  With that being said, it's the league's owners that vote for/elect a new commisioner, not the players and I'd have a hard time believing the owners would vote in a guy who is widely known as an advocate for players and their rights, that'd be like voting in the NFLPA President as commissioner."

This is a good point, I never thought of it that way. So yes you are right he wont ever be the commish cause the owners wont vote for him. But he will still have his d*ck in the commish's a ss whispering sweet nothings into his ear and telling him what to do. And he will most likely become the next Gene Upshaw since player love him so much. Either way he will have a major say in how things go in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Leon no commish, in any era, for any sport, would have banned Belichick from coaching so if anything less then a lifetime ban is a slap on the wrist then you are just being crazy. He lost a 1st round pick and paid a fine what else was the NFL sopossed to do to him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How exactly does BB think he is bigger then the game? Please explain that statement? Any facts to back that up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In an effort to include players' opinions and perspectives regarding on- and off-field issues, the NFL has formed a Player Advisory Forum that will be spearheaded by former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy. Currently a broadcaster for NBC Sports, Dungy will serve as the Special Advisor to Commissioner Roger Goodell. He has already enlisted Broncos safety Brian Dawkins , Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to help arrange and execute meetings at locations league-wide for the Advisory Forum.   "Players are an invaluable resource to us in providing direction and insight into a wide range of programs and policies," Goodell said in a statement. "Tony's experience and expertise in working with players make him an ideal leader of the Player Advisory Forum and we appreciate his willingness to take on this important role." The Player Advisor Forum grew from the Player Advisory Council that Goodell implemented in 2006 along with the NFL Players Association. The main difference is that Dungy will arrange the meetings, identify the players to be invited and develop the topics to be discussed. Some of the subjects that Goodell and Dungy would like to be broached have already been identified: player health and safety, personal conduct, game rules and procedures, career transition and player development. Dungy will expand or streamline those topics per the respective meetings, in part by leaning on players from across the league like Lewis and Dawkins. Goodell will attend all the meetings. The NFLPA has been extended an invitation to attend all sessions as well. "Input from the players to the commissioner's office and vice versa is so important in helping our league and our players be the best they can be, on and off the field," Dungy said in a statement. "The Commissioner asked me if I would lead this initiative and to me, it is exciting to be in position to help our players." Added Lewis: "This is extremely important and Tony's involvement is a big factor for me because he stands for everything that is right in the NFL. This is an area where we need unity because it's about players and the league helping each other. I truly believe we can accomplish things that will carry on way behind us." Warner, the 2008 Walter Payton Award winner as the NFL Man of the Year, said, “For the NFL to remain as successful as it is today, this type of open communication between the players and commissioner’s office is crucial. To have someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Dungy leading the effort is tremendous. His integrity and credibility are unmatched and everyone involved will be better off because of his involvement.” The meetings will resemble those Goodell staged last year with retired players, seeking their advice and listening to their concerns as to how the NFL could help them and prepare current players for life after football.     http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81451f9b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true He is either going to be in Goodel's ear on every major subject from now on or he is simply going to wait a few years and then take Goodel's job. So watching the NFL will most likely be like watching a church service the more he gets involved. "Tony Dungy stands for everything that is right in the NFL".....give me a break.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

As much as I've appreciated your fervor in support of the PATRIOT NATION, I cannot and will not stand by and let you get on another tirade about DUNGY.  Aside from being coach of a rival, what is it that he's done to you or anyone else.  The fact that players from 2 separate organizations would go to war for the MAN and he's reverred around the entire NFL (aside from NE) speaks volumes.  You can't possibly wish to exchange about "values" etc...  Trashing a MAN because he believes in a higher power and speaks and writes about says more about you than it does him.  I implore you to disengage from this and spend your energy on other things like, the boiling "Reavis v.s. Moss" battle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

When ever a lawyer (Godell) starts saying nice things about you....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I am sorry you dont like that I dont like Dungy but i dont like the man and once in a while I will have something to say about him. I dont care how many people will go to war for him I just dotn care. I dont like him and I dont think he should be put in a place of power what so ever and I think this is just the begining. I guess all I can say and i mean this in a respectful way but if you dont like i what I have to say about Dungy then dont read the threads with his name in the title.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : So a "slap on the wrist" = $500K fine to BB, a $250K fine to the Kraft's and loss of a 1st round pick, especially considering most of the league does the same thing?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I agree except for this..All of the league does it. If they don't then they're not doing their job. Pat Kirwan , the ex-Jets GM has stated this case many times since spygate.
    Problem is none of these self-righteous hypocrites has the nuts to admit it except for a couple that are out of the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

In Response to Re:  especially considering most of the league does the same thing?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

You have any links to that?

Most of the league are a bunch of cheating crooks filming others playbooks?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : As much as I've appreciated your fervor in support of the PATRIOT NATION, I cannot and will not stand by and let you get on another tirade about DUNGY.  Aside from being coach of a rival, what is it that he's done to you or anyone else.  The fact that players from 2 separate organizations would go to war for the MAN and he's reverred around the entire NFL (aside from NE) speaks volumes.  You can't possibly wish to exchange about "values" etc...  Trashing a MAN because he believes in a higher power and speaks and writes about says more about you than it does him.  I implore you to disengage from this and spend your energy on other things like, the boiling "Reavis v.s. Moss" battle.
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

I think he's just trying to rip Dungy here, Not god. He's using the church service as a euphemism to demonstrate how Dungy has been portrayed as a saint while Belichick has been cast as satan. This is a football forum and Dungy like many others was not supportive of the Pats or BB in particular so there isn't much reason to like him if you're a fan.
    Cut him some slack...It's poetic license

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

I am sorry you dont like that I dont like Dungy but i dont like the man and once in a while I will have something to say about him. I dont care how many people will go to war for him I just dotn care. I dont like him and I dont think he should be put in a place of power what so ever and I think this is just the begining. I guess all I can say and i mean this in a respectful way but if you dont like i what I have to say about Dungy then dont read the threads with his name in the title.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

How about this?  Don't thread about him.  It's non productive.  You act as if he jumped you and stole your lunch money or something.  From all accounts, he's a pretty good MAN, and for you to continually bash him really makes you look bad.  BTW, there have been times when the thread didn't include him and he was injected into it.  You've heard the story about "chickens coming home to roost" or something about karma.  Be very careful about your actions and words, they just may come back at you or your team.  You don't want to put "bad" karma on the PATS, do you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : I think he's just trying to rip Dungy here, Not god. He's using the church service as a euphemism to demonstrate how Dungy has been portrayed as a saint while Belichick has been cast a satan. This is a football forum and Dungy like many others was not supportive of the Pats or BB in particular so there isn't much reason to like him if you're a fan.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Oh, yes he is.  The first thing I ever read on here was one of his rants on Dungy.  I like your insight about the "saint v.s. satan".  Unfortunately, regarding spygate, "Satan" was wrong.  I'm a PATRIOT fan and I respect and admire the former coach of my rival...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If I thought karma was real then I would be worried but since its not I am not worried about it. If you dont like what people have to say about Dungy then dont read it. And I say that with all due respect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : You have any links to that? Most of the league are a bunch of cheating crooks filming others playbooks?
    Posted by Bearclaw

No link needed, it's common knowledge.  You're naive if you think that NE is the only team that filmed illegally.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : I agree except for this..All of the league does it. If they don't then they're not doing their job. Pat Kirwan , the ex-Jets GM has stated this case many times since spygate. Problem is none of these self-righteous hypocrites has the nuts to admit it except for a couple that are out of the game.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I wouldn't disagree that every team does it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

"Personally, I don't think Dungy's ability to coordinate and lead players translates into him running a fortune 500 company (The NFL).  With that being said, it's the league's owners that vote for/elect a new commisioner, not the players and I'd have a hard time believing the owners would vote in a guy who is widely known as an advocate for players and their rights, that'd be like voting in the NFLPA President as commissioner." This is a good point, I never thought of it that way. So yes you are right he wont ever be the commish cause the owners wont vote for him. But he will still have his d*ck in the commish's a ss whispering sweet nothings into his ear and telling him what to do. And he will most likely become the next Gene Upshaw since player love him so much. Either way he will have a major say in how things go in the NFL.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I agree that he could have some sort of influence, mostly on helping to develop programs to improve player conduct.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Its kind of funny that you would quote the bible after talking to me about karma, arent those two different phillosiphys all together?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Its kind of funny that you would quote the bible after talking to me about karma, arent those two different phillosiphys all together?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Definitely, but most philosophies derived from a religious base, therefore you have overlapping similarities.  Sorry for the confusion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

it was just funny thats was all i was saying. I knew i spelt that wrong by the way haha i just couldnt remember how to spell it.

Sections
Shortcuts