This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : He's channeling his inner Roidney HGHarrison
    Posted by underdoggg

Good one UD.  Roidney HGHarrison?!  FAIL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"Killa,  It's all good and I respect your desire to be angry.  I've read plenty of your posts and have an understanding of how you usually operate...  Even though Dungy was the coach of the Colts, I have a lot of respect for him as a person.  I read his book a couple years ago and found him to be a man of character and faith.  I know you don't feel the same way about Dungy and never will.  I wonder how Rodney Harrison feels about Dungy after working with him for the past 2 months, and if Dungy will do a good job with his new position. " - Marc

I see I understand why some people respect Dungy so I have no problem with that. I just think he is overrated as a person and most of all as a coach. The guy was a defensive coach, a guru if you will but yet his team the Colts was year in and year out not good enough to win it all cause HIS defense was bad. He was in charge of the draft, he hand picked his defensive players and yet his defense was never any good. So what did he bring to that team? The offense was run by Moore and Manning not Dungy and HIS defense was god awful year in and year out which is why they only won one championship instead of more. Dungy is personally responseble for Manning not winning more championships but yet people consider him a "great" head coach. He is an overraded coach and his Tampa Two defense is for p*ssy's and that is just one of the reasons i hate that man. But i respect that you think he is a good person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"We cool?" - The Plain Truth

Of course we are cool, thanks for teh congrats the honey moon was great. Waikiki was so nice and I got to surf which I have always wanted to do and it was great. Plus I am a big fan of teh TV show Lost and I went on a Lost tour cause they film the show on that Island so that was a great time too. Thanks for asking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : Tony does a lot of good with kids and appears to be a good guy. He lost me when he criticized BB over the BS spy-gate. As a Christian he is not to judge anyone, yet he took the time out to make a comment on something he had zero facts on. He lost some respect there, not because he said it against BB but because he professes his faith right out front, which is a good thing. He is forgiven but he should have kept quiet and once he did blow it he should have apologized. Anything less is less than what he says he is.
    Posted by gmbill

As a Christian, what's the difference between having an opinion and judging?  Does publicy sharing an opinion become judgement? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

"Killa,  It's all good and I respect your desire to be angry.  I've read plenty of your posts and have an understanding of how you usually operate...  Even though Dungy was the coach of the Colts, I have a lot of respect for him as a person.  I read his book a couple years ago and found him to be a man of character and faith.  I know you don't feel the same way about Dungy and never will.  I wonder how Rodney Harrison feels about Dungy after working with him for the past 2 months, and if Dungy will do a good job with his new position. " - Marc I see I understand why some people respect Dungy so I have no problem with that. I just think he is overrated as a person and most of all as a coach. The guy was a defensive coach, a guru if you will but yet his team the Colts was year in and year out not good enough to win it all cause HIS defense was bad. He was in charge of the draft, he hand picked his defensive players and yet his defense was never any good. So what did he bring to that team? The offense was run by Moore and Manning not Dungy and HIS defense was god awful year in and year out which is why they only won one championship instead of more. Dungy is personally responseble for Manning not winning more championships but yet people consider him a "great" head coach. He is an overraded coach and his Tampa Two defense is for p*ssy's and that is just one of the reasons i hate that man. But i respect that you think he is a good person.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I'm kind of glad that Dungy was the Colts coach.  Seeing how well Caldwell is doing, the Colts may have been more successful the past 6-7 without Dungy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    In an effort to include players' opinions and perspectives regarding on- and off-field issues, the NFL has formed a Player Advisory Forum that will be spearheaded by former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy. Currently a broadcaster for NBC Sports, Dungy will serve as the Special Advisor to Commissioner Roger Goodell. He has already enlisted Broncos safety Brian Dawkins , Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to help arrange and execute meetings at locations league-wide for the Advisory Forum.   "Players are an invaluable resource to us in providing direction and insight into a wide range of programs and policies," Goodell said in a statement. "Tony's experience and expertise in working with players make him an ideal leader of the Player Advisory Forum and we appreciate his willingness to take on this important role." The Player Advisor Forum grew from the Player Advisory Council that Goodell implemented in 2006 along with the NFL Players Association. The main difference is that Dungy will arrange the meetings, identify the players to be invited and develop the topics to be discussed. Some of the subjects that Goodell and Dungy would like to be broached have already been identified: player health and safety, personal conduct, game rules and procedures, career transition and player development. Dungy will expand or streamline those topics per the respective meetings, in part by leaning on players from across the league like Lewis and Dawkins. Goodell will attend all the meetings. The NFLPA has been extended an invitation to attend all sessions as well. "Input from the players to the commissioner's office and vice versa is so important in helping our league and our players be the best they can be, on and off the field," Dungy said in a statement. "The Commissioner asked me if I would lead this initiative and to me, it is exciting to be in position to help our players." Added Lewis: "This is extremely important and Tony's involvement is a big factor for me because he stands for everything that is right in the NFL. This is an area where we need unity because it's about players and the league helping each other. I truly believe we can accomplish things that will carry on way behind us." Warner, the 2008 Walter Payton Award winner as the NFL Man of the Year, said, “For the NFL to remain as successful as it is today, this type of open communication between the players and commissioner’s office is crucial. To have someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Dungy leading the effort is tremendous. His integrity and credibility are unmatched and everyone involved will be better off because of his involvement.” The meetings will resemble those Goodell staged last year with retired players, seeking their advice and listening to their concerns as to how the NFL could help them and prepare current players for life after football.     http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81451f9b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true He is either going to be in Goodel's ear on every major subject from now on or he is simply going to wait a few years and then take Goodel's job. So watching the NFL will most likely be like watching a church service the more he gets involved. "Tony Dungy stands for everything that is right in the NFL".....give me a break.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

More importantly, he's the PC choice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You are right Marc, with otu Dungy they might have won some more championships so i should be glad that they Colts were blind and dumb and never fired him cause it meant they kept losing but he is not looked on as a bad head coach he is considered a great head coach and he is not a great head coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : More importantly, he's the PC choice.
    Posted by unclealfie

Race baiting this early in the afternoon.  What did you do for breakfast, attend your local Klan meeting???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

You are right Marc, with otu Dungy they might have won some more championships so i should be glad that they Colts were blind and dumb and never fired him cause it meant they kept losing but he is not looked on as a bad head coach he is considered a great head coach and he is not a great head coach.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Killa,
    You promised to try.  However, you did say you'd probably forget too.  I'm gonna tell your wife LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

My wife would just tell you how much we as a family hate Tony Dungy lol my kids will hate Dungy if i have any say in it what so ever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

My wife would just tell you how much we as a family hate Tony Dungy lol my kids will hate Dungy if i have any say in it what so ever.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

That's funny.  Okay, I'll be busy gathering data for BILLBELICHICK.COM /EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW AS A FAN BUT WERE TO MYOPIC TO ASK.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

LoL make sure i get my credit for that idea lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

LoL make sure i get my credit for that idea lol
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Credit, hell I'll send you a royalty check.  Can you imagine the advertising $$$$ I'll receive?  Hate is a powerful thing and since there are 31 teams with fan forums, blogs etc... I'm fixin' to get PAID.  My children thank you for the inspiration.  With any luck they'll thank you by sending "uncle killa" tickets to their D1 college games and prayerfully, season tickets to all home PATS games when they sign.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Want to be a regular contributor?  On-line chats etc...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

"We cool?" - The Plain Truth Of course we are cool, thanks for teh congrats the honey moon was great. Waikiki was so nice and I got to surf which I have always wanted to do and it was great. Plus I am a big fan of teh TV show Lost and I went on a Lost tour cause they film the show on that Island so that was a great time too. Thanks for asking.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Does that mean that you'll be flashing back to 1977 sometime in the next few seasons?  And will we all have to meet in a sports bar to talk Patriots football when the Internet doesn't exist anymore/yet?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

HaHaHa

I see Nick also watches Lost good to know. Did I read that you are like 20 years old and that you also have tickets to this weekends game? I am 25 and also going to the game this weekend. I only ask cause it seems like more offtan then not the guys I talk with on this forum tend to be a bit older then I am so I thought it was cool to see a fellow 20 something hahaha. you sit in 111 right? I sit in 123 right by the McDonalds in the end zone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Truth not only will i contribute I will.....ok well I will contribute lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Dungy, two thugs and Jesus' right-hand man? This should be interesting.
    Posted by prairiemike

How are Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins thugs?

They are both devoted christians along with Dungy and Kurt Warner, just because Ray lewis and Dawkins are black that makes them thugs?

wow.

Lewis and Dawkins are two of the best motivational and spiritul leaders the Nfl has ever had, and your calling them thugs?

you just dont know football, and fail to appreciate legends. thats pathetic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I would agree that Dawkins is not a thug. And I personally think highly of ray Lewis but there is now and always will be debate over whether or not Ray Lewis is a thug. And what god they beleave in should have nothing to do with whether or not they are thugs or not. Just because they go to church every sunday with big fat fakes liek Dungy does not mean they are good people. Lots of god fearing people doing bad things all teh tiem so again that has nothng to do with being a thug or not. I am sure Mike Vick is s church going man but he is still a scum bag thug who should never play the game again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Truth not only will i contribute I will.....ok well I will contribute lol
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

LOL.  Hey for a young fella, I have to say, your insight is well ahead of most of your peers. We'll work on the anger issues LMAO...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

I would agree that Dawkins is not a thug. And I personally think highly of ray Lewis but there is now and always will be debate over whether or not Ray Lewis is a thug. And what god they beleave in should have nothing to do with whether or not they are thugs or not. Just because they go to church every sunday with big fat fakes liek Dungy does not mean they are good people. Lots of god fearing people doing bad things all teh tiem so again that has nothng to do with being a thug or not. I am sure Mike Vick is s church going man but he is still a scum bag thug who should never play the game again.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

your first installment.  the editor is proofreading as I type...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

Would you say Sarah Palin, George W and Lon, oops, I mean Dick Cheney are THUGS?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"They are both devoted christians along with Dungy and Kurt Warner, just because Ray lewis and Dawkins are black that makes them thugs?"

Psssst:  I already brought this up, go back and read to see his response.  And by the way, dunno if you noticed but Dungy is also black.  Like he said to me 'thug' has a different meaning to him than it does to you and me so just ignore his opinion and move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

You're right buddy. This MVP KILLA guy is the most racist I have ever encountered in this forum. He cannot provide any bases for his claims and makes stupid and brainless assumptions and excuses for his rants......and he is just a kiddy football coach.

There are plenty of ex-players and coaches walking around any day. But if players and the commish chooses DUNGY for obvious reasons, who the h*ll are you a no-name, kiddie footbal coach to raise an objection?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

What is your bases for calling dungy a fake? Any reason (s) at all other than your entrenched racism?

Posted by MVPKilla2009

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Achie,

Relax buddy, I can almost guarantee you that MVP doesn't have a problem with Mike Tomlin or Raheem Morris or Lovie Smith.  Stop throwing the racism card out there, show me where he says something derogatory about African Americans as a whole, not just Dungy.  Talk about a brainless assumption and rant...

Sections
Shortcuts