This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL

what do mean? what do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

And one more thing, every racist I have ever met or seen on TV or whatever has always acted proud of who they were and did not hide. And online is even easier for people to just admitt what they are because no one knows anyone for real. So if I was a racist I think I would just say "yes I am a racist" rather then spending all this time trying to convince you I am not. So that in itself should be a sign that I am not a racist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    [QUOTE]what do mean? what do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

your slippin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    [QUOTE]what do mean? what do you do for a living? if you dont mind me asking.

Never mind. Na+ can tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He needs a job, he looks very creepy on TV.  I don't know why they hired someone so clearly uncomfortable being on TV.  He knows his football but needs go to public speaking 101.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : Never mind. Na+ can tell.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

I like that, Na +

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL:
    [QUOTE]In an effort to include players' opinions and perspectives regarding on- and off-field issues, the NFL has formed a Player Advisory Forum that will be spearheaded by former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy. Currently a broadcaster for NBC Sports, Dungy will serve as the Special Advisor to Commissioner Roger Goodell. He has already enlisted Broncos safety Brian Dawkins , Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to help arrange and execute meetings at locations league-wide for the Advisory Forum.   "Players are an invaluable resource to us in providing direction and insight into a wide range of programs and policies," Goodell said in a statement. "Tony's experience and expertise in working with players make him an ideal leader of the Player Advisory Forum and we appreciate his willingness to take on this important role." The Player Advisor Forum grew from the Player Advisory Council that Goodell implemented in 2006 along with the NFL Players Association. The main difference is that Dungy will arrange the meetings, identify the players to be invited and develop the topics to be discussed. Some of the subjects that Goodell and Dungy would like to be broached have already been identified: player health and safety, personal conduct, game rules and procedures, career transition and player development. Dungy will expand or streamline those topics per the respective meetings, in part by leaning on players from across the league like Lewis and Dawkins. Goodell will attend all the meetings. The NFLPA has been extended an invitation to attend all sessions as well. "Input from the players to the commissioner's office and vice versa is so important in helping our league and our players be the best they can be, on and off the field," Dungy said in a statement. "The Commissioner asked me if I would lead this initiative and to me, it is exciting to be in position to help our players." Added Lewis: "This is extremely important and Tony's involvement is a big factor for me because he stands for everything that is right in the NFL. This is an area where we need unity because it's about players and the league helping each other. I truly believe we can accomplish things that will carry on way behind us." Warner, the 2008 Walter Payton Award winner as the NFL Man of the Year, said, “For the NFL to remain as successful as it is today, this type of open communication between the players and commissioner’s office is crucial. To have someone as respected and accomplished as Coach Dungy leading the effort is tremendous. His integrity and credibility are unmatched and everyone involved will be better off because of his involvement.” The meetings will resemble those Goodell staged last year with retired players, seeking their advice and listening to their concerns as to how the NFL could help them and prepare current players for life after football.     http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81451f9b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true He is either going to be in Goodel's ear on every major subject from now on or he is simply going to wait a few years and then take Goodel's job. So watching the NFL will most likely be like watching a church service the more he gets involved. "Tony Dungy stands for everything that is right in the NFL".....give me a break.

MVP, 
    I read with interest your interaction with truth serum up until page four and I'm curious to know where the "hate" for Tony Dungy originated with you. This is not an attempt to point fingers, I just want to hear it in your own words.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

It stems from him being overrated as a head coach.

Tony Dungy is a defensive coach who some say created the Tampa Two defense. Some would even say he is a defensive guru. But first of all I hate his style of D its all speed and flashy stuff and not enough knock your head off. I think the Tampa Two is a puss puss defense. And this just where it starts. The America media is in love with this guy, and try and sell him as one of teh best ever. However in the last decade he has one of the top two QBs in the league and one of the most powerful offenses in league history and all he was brought in for was to build a defense to go with that. He had control over who he drafted and he had the chance to build a great D but yet his defense was bad year in and year out and because of that Peyton manning only has one ring. But still Dungy is called a great head coach. And its just so fake. He is a good image for the league so they try and hype him up but its false. He was not that good and his record shows that. The Bucs couldnt win a championship till he left town. And his playoff record with the Colts was 7-8 so he lost more then he won. So its stems from him being over hyped as a head coach.

Then as a person, I just dont like his politics, he worked with George W Bush and I hated that man and he is on the wrong side (in my opinion) of a lot of arguments like gay marrige. So there are thinsg out side of football that I dont like as well but mostly i hate him for football reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]It stems from him being overrated as a head coach. Tony Dungy is a defensive coach who some say created the Tampa Two defense. Some would even say he is a defensive guru. But first of all I hate his style of D its all speed and flashy stuff and not enough knock your head off. I think the Tampa Two is a puss puss defense. And this just where it starts. The America media is in love with this guy, and try and sell him as one of teh best ever. However in the last decade he has one of the top two QBs in the league and one of the most powerful offenses in league history and all he was brought in for was to build a defense to go with that. He had control over who he drafted and he had the chance to build a great D but yet his defense was bad year in and year out and because of that Peyton manning only has one ring. But still Dungy is called a great head coach. And its just so fake. He is a good image for the league so they try and hype him up but its false. He was not that good and his record shows that. The Bucs couldnt win a championship till he left town. And his playoff record with the Colts was 7-8 so he lost more then he won. So its stems from him being over hyped as a head coach. Then as a person, I just dont like his politics, he worked with George W Bush and I hated that man and he is on the wrong side (in my opinion) of a lot of arguments like gay marrige. So there are thinsg out side of football that I dont like as well but mostly i hate him for football reasons.

Outstanding "on the record" first person accounting of yourself and views.  Still vehemently disagree with it, but to each his own.  Now you've provided some meat to digest.  I'll post my detailed "fact filled" defense of DUNGY on MY NEW BILL BELICHICK BLOG.  Do you prefer "facebook" , "twitter" or good old "myspace"?
    Don't want you to miss it, so let me know in advance....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I actually dont use twitter, facebook, or myspace lol I know i am in teh stone age.....or in my case the stoned age lol but I just dont feel like sitting in front of a computer after 8 hours at work everyday. But once i get on facebook i will check it out no doubt lol.

How can you dissagree with my comments on him as a coach? Leave everything i said about him as a human being out of it but strictly speaking as a coach how can you dissagree with me? The facts support my claim that he is overrated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]It stems from him being overrated as a head coach. Tony Dungy is a defensive coach who some say created the Tampa Two defense. Some would even say he is a defensive guru. But first of all I hate his style of D its all speed and flashy stuff and not enough knock your head off. I think the Tampa Two is a puss puss defense. And this just where it starts. The America media is in love with this guy, and try and sell him as one of teh best ever. However in the last decade he has one of the top two QBs in the league and one of the most powerful offenses in league history and all he was brought in for was to build a defense to go with that. He had control over who he drafted and he had the chance to build a great D but yet his defense was bad year in and year out and because of that Peyton manning only has one ring. But still Dungy is called a great head coach. And its just so fake. He is a good image for the league so they try and hype him up but its false. He was not that good and his record shows that. The Bucs couldnt win a championship till he left town. And his playoff record with the Colts was 7-8 so he lost more then he won. So its stems from him being over hyped as a head coach. Then as a person, I just dont like his politics, he worked with George W Bush and I hated that man and he is on the wrong side (in my opinion) of a lot of arguments like gay marrige. So there are thinsg out side of football that I dont like as well but mostly i hate him for football reasons.

MVP,
    Were you responding to the question I posed or were you talking to someone else?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]I actually dont use twitter, facebook, or myspace lol I know i am in teh stone age.....or in my case the stoned age lol but I just dont feel like sitting in front of a computer after 8 hours at work everyday. But once i get on facebook i will check it out no doubt lol. How can you dissagree with my comments on him as a coach? Leave everything i said about him as a human being out of it but strictly speaking as a coach how can you dissagree with me? The facts support my claim that he is overrated.
     if that was for me, then don't worry.  i have a very elaborate piece coming for you on opening day.  i'll just give you a lil' hint.  if you're a numbers guy, then you're clearly in the minority on this subject.  surely, within the confines of boston.com you're well insulated from reality regarding DUNGY.  you will be so overjoyed to discover how YOU will be given complete and unabashed CREDIT for the entire sports blogosphere knowing how GREAT TONY DUNGY is.  This will make the SATAN v.s. JESUS SOUTHPARK episodes look ridiculously mild in comparison...

on a side note, some clown in another post is calling me a TROLL.  your a racist and i'm a troll RLOL...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]He needs a job, he looks very creepy on TV.  I don't know why they hired someone so clearly uncomfortable being on TV.  He knows his football but needs go to public speaking 101.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The way he holds his hands tightly in front of his chest and talks slowly.  Rodney is like, C'mon man get it out!  Dude wasn't made to be in front of the camera. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

MVP,
    Don't you think his playoff record may be testament to the fact he was out coached among other things. Bill and the Patriots had his number for some time.
    I'm not a fan of Dungy, for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't go so far to say the media and the football public are in love with him. I do know he has a number of players who respect him greatly and I can appreciate that. 
    The trouble with some of these boards is the conversation becomes insular and any dissenting opinion is shot down. 
    Bill isn't embraced by a majority of the sports media because he comes across as aloof and brusque. That doesn't mean he isn't respected in football circles.

One final note, you mentioned his politics and views on gay marriage etc., those are taboo topics with a lot of people and I suppose you're one of them. I've had my share of hostile conversations on this site over the past four years, while I may not agree with everything you've stated, you kept it clean and answered my question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : MVP, Don't you think his playoff record may be testament to the fact he was out coached among other things. Bill and the Patriots had his number for some time. I'm not a fan of Dungy, for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't go so far to say the media and the football public are in love with him. I do know he has a number of players who respect him greatly and I can appreciate that.  The trouble with some of these boards is the conversation becomes insular and any dissenting opinion is shot down.  Bill isn't embraced by a majority of the sports media because he comes across as aloof and brusque. That doesn't mean he isn't respected in football circles. One final note, you mentioned his politics and views on gay marriage etc., those are taboo topics with a lot of people and I suppose you're one of them. I've had my share of hostile conversations on this site over the past four years, while I may not agree with everything you've stated, you kept it clean and answered my question.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

OMG, you can't be human.  Can I clone you?  Seriously though, OUTSTANDING & ARTICULATE post.  I don't mind dissenting views, that's all great, but when it evolves into name calling, and other derogatory remarks, it's really sad...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : OMG, you can't be human.  Can I clone you?  Seriously though, OUTSTANDING & ARTICULATE post.  I don't mind dissenting views, that's all great, but when it evolves into name calling, and other derogatory remarks, it's really sad...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

Sodium,
    Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. As for the cloning, well, you'll have to get in line - my wife 's got dibs.
    Have a good evening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is just the first step to Tony Dungy becoming the commish of the NFL : Sodium, Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. As for the cloning, well, you'll have to get in line - my wife 's got dibs. Have a good evening.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

see ya tomorrow...