This is not negativity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: This is not negativity

In response to jri37's comment:

BB would have been skewered by some on this board if he spent his draft capital to move up to draft a player who has had 5 surgeries to date.

It might have been balanced out by the fact that we only gave up a 3rd to move up 20 spots.  LMFAO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Rkarp1's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

rkarp,

all you ever do on this board is spew negativity. Let me sum up your typical comment's

Player X is is lousy with no talent, I would have picked player y who would be an immediate impact player.

BB doesn't know how to pick anything but lousy players, reaching on all his picks.

We didn't need that D player with that pick, he would have been there at pick yada-yada, we should have picked player hoop-de-do who would have been an obvious impact playeron the O side of the  ball.

First of all, I have never said anyone is lousy. I am simply sick of all the depth picks. This team has 11 rush ends. 9 of them are depth/mediocre. This team has 7 CB's and 6 them are average and there is Talib whom most likely is one and done. 

Every now and then I would like to see a reach for a play making stud. Whether it be free agency or the draft, take a shot. 

If you feel it is spewing negativity, either pass my post or put me on ignore.

You're right. Sober analysis is essential so we don't kid ourselves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Sober analysis like trading up 20 spots for only a 3rd rounder?  I'll have what both of you are having.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Sober analysis like trading up 20 spots for only a 3rd rounder?  I'll have what both of you are having.

Elaborate, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Read the OP (i.e. the same guy you said provided "sober analysis").

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I honestly would have been ecstatic to trade up and grab Milliner or Richardson for the 1 and 3 the Pats had this year.

And of course the fact that you highlight the two Jets choices is amusing to say the least.  If only we could draft more like New Jersey.

It is pretty pathetic, the Jets draft stunk and rkrap would prefer to trade up from 29 to 9-13 (with a third!!! hahahahahahaha, try our 2nd and #1 next year to get that high) to get one of those two overrated Jet bungled picks over tarding down for GREAT value

yeeesh what a troll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Read the OP (i.e. the same guy you said provided "sober analysis").

I was speaking specifically to the post I replied to. I was not endorsing any specific choices the poster was trying to sell as a good idea.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

This trading up business takes actual draft capital, and the Pats assigned draft capital (because they always have good teams) is terrible - same boat with a few other teams that you never see moving up like Pitt and Balt. The draft value chart gives this stunning information - 

Pick #10 has a value of 1300 points

Pick #29 in each round (Pats assigned picks) - has a combined value of 1131.4 - yes that is for all 7 picks combined.

So a team sitting at 10 would be within reason to ask for ALL SEVEN 29th PICKS plus next years 2nd and 3rd, rounders (using a standard discounting for future picks.) No GM would make that deal unless he works for Oakland, Washington, or Atlanta, and at least Oakland and Washington made the trades for 'franshise' QBs - what was Atlanta's excuse? Yet a bunch of fans wish BB would magically turn brass (#29) into gold by moving up 15-20 picks in the first round each year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I cannot believe more people do not call out him, Mt Hurl, TCal, Babe, Pezzy, etc.

A host of people call you out daily dumbkoff.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I cannot believe more people do not call out him, Mt Hurl, TCal, Babe, Pezzy, etc.

A host of people call you out daily dumbkoff.

If you mean trolls and the people I just named, then I am proud that they don't agree with me and I have  an opposite take on topics.  PROUD.

Twit. The only persons here that can stomach you are your fake accounts. LMAO@U

Even TFB12 loathes you now. LMAO@U again!

You are a banned 20 times train wreck! LMAO@U X3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the best QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

If I am the Pats, I move up 5 spots and grab Sly or Trufant...but thats me trying to get a playmaker on defense, and protect against the DL free agency and Talib most likely being one and done

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB

This IS true.

From everything I saw anyway. I would have gone for Rhodes myself. Big CBs are a HUGE edge with today's rules. And he is a cover guy in the Talib mold.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the best QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

Dude your OP said you thought we should have moved up with a 1st and a 3rd to grab Richardson or Milliner. THAT IS 15-20 spots which is why you are being called out since you are complaining about an impossible hypothetical.  Second of all there is no way that most experts had Richardson as the best DT.  I have yet to find a single one that did.  Not Walter Football, not any of the guys on NFL.com or any of the guys at CBS sports.  I'm not saying the kid isn't a good prospect, but stop making crap up.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

If I am the Pats, I move up 5 spots and grab Sly or Trufant...but thats me trying to get a playmaker on defense, and protect against the DL free agency and Talib most likely being one and done

Well - that is more reasonable and it would cost a lot less to make that move if they could find a partner. Moving from 29 to 23-24 range would have cost the Pats at a minimum their 3rd rounder and probably a seventh rounder as well. (That is basically what it cost last year to make each of two similar moves.) SO ... you now pick a pretty good CB, or maybe you grab the stud DT who has dropped like a stone Floyd.

And now we need to get a starting WR and a pass rusher and maybe some OL help, some speed at LB, and some more competition at safety ... anything else?

AND you are fill the rest of these roster holes with what ... pick #59 and one or two glorified UDFAs at the back of round 7. Now that really is a miracle.

And ... you have given this up for a decent CB or a highly rated LT that obviously had some serious behind the curtain problems since he was suppose to go up there around pick 5.

Sorry, but glad you are not the GM for my favorite team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the bBy Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Some day-after thoughts on the Jets' draft:

DELAY OF GAME: You'd like to think GM John Idzik has a plan for his six-pack of quarterbacks and, for the sake of those involved, he should execute it quickly -- or at least clarify it. It does no good to leave them hanging in limbo, and it perpetuates the "circus" perception that irks so many in the organization. Ironically, the one with the most security is rookie Geno Smith. The other five are in the dark, wondering about their role -- or if they'll have a role. Idzik should clean up the mess ASAP, because the last you want to do is expose the newbie -- Smith -- to the dysfunction.

TOUCHDOWN: Look at it this way: The Jets landed the best cornerback ( Dee Milliner), the best defensive tackle ( Sheldon Richardson) and the best quarterback. It's a productive draft whenever you can grab three "bests." You can question the idea of picking Smith, but you can't argue he was a good value in the second round.

FIRST DOWN: Idzik's first draft was right out of the Seahawks' playbook. In other words, there was a lot of meat and potatoes -- four linemen and a fullback, no first-round quarterback and no running backs. While Idzik was a member of their front office, the Seahawks used four of six first-round picks on linemen, never took a running back before the fourth round and grabbed QB Russell Wilson in the third. Pretty similar.

FORWARD PROGRESS: The Jets may have drafted three-fifths of their 2014 offensive line -- G Brian Winters (third round), T Oday Aboushi (fifth) and G Will Campbell (sixth). Winters and Campbell will learn a year behind stop-gap veterans Willie Colon and Stephen Peterman, and Aboushi could replace RT Austin Howard if he leaves via free agency. If not, Aboushi could be thrown into the guard mix.

ILLEGAL PROCEDURE: One of the problems with drafting so many big bodies is that it limits the pool of candidates for special teams. The Jets need linebacker/safety/tight end types that can run and hit on return and coverage units. They needed those type of players to bolster a unit that showed significant signs of decay last season.

FALSE START: The Rams really messed up the Jets' plans. If they hadn't traded up to No. 8 to take WR Tavon Austin, it would've left Austin for the Jets at No. 9. Then, with the 13th pick, they probably would've gotten Milliner. The Raiders picked CB D.J. Hayden, whom they reportedly favored over Milliner. The Jets would've been giddy with Austin and Milliner, the top two players on their draftboard.

HOLDING: The Jets failed to address a few glaring needs, namely safety, tight end and wide receiver. People can rationalize it by saying he didn't reach to fill needs, but let's see if those same people are complaining about the lack of offensive explosiveness in the fall.est QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

Dude your OP said you thought we should have moved up with a 1st and a 3rd to grab Richardson or Milliner. THAT IS 15-20 spots which is why you are being called out since you are complaining about an impossible hypothetical.  Second of all there is no way that most experts had Richardson as the best DT.  I have yet to find a single one that did.  Not Walter Football, not any of the guys on NFL.com or any of the guys at CBS sports.  I'm not saying the kid isn't a good prospect, but stop making crap up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Oh so the Jets beat reporter is a draft expert now?  And he represents the opinions of "most experts"?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

That speaks volumes to just how bad this QB class was. Or perhaps these experts need to find a new line of work.

LOL

He doesn't get it.  People with higher IQs are so far beyond the logic he uses, he doesn't understand.

It's why he, Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, etc, mock you, me and BB.  We're smarter than they are.

They don't like it.

father and son?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Well - that is more reasonable and it would cost a lot less to make that move if they could find a partner. Moving from 29 to 23-24 range would have cost the Pats at a minimum their 3rd rounder and probably a seventh rounder as well. (That is basically what it cost last year to make each of two similar moves.) SO ... you now pick a pretty good CB, or maybe you grab the stud DT who has dropped like a stone Floyd.

And now we need to get a starting WR and a pass rusher and maybe some OL help, some speed at LB, and some more competition at safety ... anything else?

AND you are fill the rest of these roster holes with what ... pick #59 and one or two glorified UDFAs at the back of round 7. Now that really is a miracle.

And ... you have given this up for a decent CB or a highly rated LT that obviously had some serious behind the curtain problems since he was suppose to go up there around pick 5.

Sorry, but glad you are not the GM for my favorite team.

the depth is already on the team...the team needs difference makers at this point...

I will reserve judgement until camp, but I am betting that 3-4 of the picks dont make the team...and 1-2 of the picks are practice squad players.

25. This post has been removed.