This is not negativity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: This is not negativity

In response to Rkarp1's comment:

Rusty and PCM...father and son..or the same person with Rusty using an alias?

Why because I said that the Rich Cimini isn't a draft expert and doesn't represent the opinion of most draft experts?  If you actually read this board you would know that I am not Rusty based on the number of times I have questioned his TB bashing.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Polian and Kiper also gave the 3 rokkies "best in class" ranking...

That isn't the same thing as them saying Richardson is the best DT prospect in this draft.

You can agree or disagree, I really dont care. I simply stated I would have loved the Pats to get either Milner or Richardson, but knowing the Pats would not be so bold, I would have certainly been thrilled with Trufant and Williams, which would have taken only minimal movement by the Pats.

And I stated that getting Milliner or Richardson was  not feasible given the Pats available picks unless they wanted to mortgage future years.  They certainly could not have gotten one of them for a 3rd round pick only as you stated.  You can say now you like Trufant and Williams, but that is not what you were saying in the OP when you were criticizing the draft.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the best QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

If I am the Pats, I move up 5 spots and grab Sly or Trufant...but thats me trying to get a playmaker on defense, and protect against the DL free agency and Talib most likely being one and done

That speaks volumes to just how bad this QB class was. Or perhaps these experts need to find a new line of work.

LOL

He doesn't get it.  People with higher IQs are so far beyond the logic he uses, he doesn't understand.

It's why he, Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, etc, mock you, me and BB.  We're smarter than they are.

They don't like it.

I refuse to believe jri37 has come anywhere close to being anal like you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

the depth is already on the team...the team needs difference makers at this point...

I will reserve judgement until camp, but I am betting that 3-4 of the picks dont make the team...and 1-2 of the picks are practice squad players.

Wow - so you were really happy with our current WRs (or were you one of the camp that expects Amendola to be on IR by week 4?) And you thought we were good to go with who ever would come in if Talib had yet another injury? And you though the speed we had at OLB was solid enough to cover tight ends and backs? And you didn't think we needed to get more pass rush?

OK - I guess you thought the Pats were one mid first round player from winning the SB last year. Me ... not so sure. I thought they needed more quality depth and some good young receivers. The depth thing really helps when starters go down and they always go down.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Mia76,

rkarp is a jets fan. He always bashes the Pats picks stating the Jets always pick better players. He's been doing it for years. I just wish he would admit to being a Jets fan and stop pretending to be a Pats fan with Jets envy. Why he would envy the circus that is the Jets, I don't know but there you have it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Mia76,

rkarp is a jets fan. He always bashes the Pats picks stating the Jets always pick better players. He's been doing it for years. I just wish he would admit to being a Jets fan and stop pretending to be a Pats fan with Jets envy. Why he would envy the circus that is the Jets, I don't know but there you have it.

I'm tending to agree with this. Isn't it time for a " how did my giants do?" post from Big Al?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I truly do enjoy reading the back and forth debates on the quality of this year's draft (or on any of the other football issues).  Unfortuantely, when the debate deteiorates into personal attacks the thread loses a lot of the enoyment value.  And I really don't give a rat's patootie who starts it.

For the record:

Moving out the first round for the 4 picks the Pats got was classic BB and I liked the move.

I was surprised by the Collins pick but the more I learn about the kid the more I like the pick.

I think the Dobson pick is terrific and look forward to seeing how he and Brady connect

Wondering about the BB thing for Rutgers players but the Ryan pick looks really solid to me.

I'll leave the Harmon pick alone since I don't know enough about him to really comment.

The Boyce pick looks really solid to me.  Kid has size, speed and toughness by all accounts.

I think the Demps/Blount trade is fine.  Demps wasn't going to play much and Blount has demonstated NFL level talent.  If his attitude goes south so will he.

I don't realy know enough about the 7th rounders to offer anything.

That's how I see it.  Just opinions.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love that we're holding the Jests up as the benchmark of drafting genius... they haven't been right about anything in forever.  This is the team that just let Tim Tebow go...

Millner is an injury waiting to happen, somebody compared him to Talib, he's not Talib he is Ras Dowling.

Sheldon Richardson was a reach of major proportions, even the meatball talking heads on espn kind of shook their heads at that one.  Both he and Shariff Floyd were not only we're undersized and an ill fit for the 3/4, but there were better tackles available when the Pats picked in the 2nd round.  

Don't use the Jets as an example of anything please, unless it's an example of what not to do.  Rkarp your name has become synonymous with negative threads and posts that's why you have to give a disclaimer in the title of your threads.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

yes Rusty Jr, I understand they could not have made the move up to #9. My comment was I would have loved to see them move up to grab Miliner or Richardson, if they slipped to 20-25.

That is now what you said in your OP.  I guess I was wrong for reading what you actually wrote.  LMAO.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts