1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Re: This is not negativity

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Rkarp1's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the best QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

If I am the Pats, I move up 5 spots and grab Sly or Trufant...but thats me trying to get a playmaker on defense, and protect against the DL free agency and Talib most likely being one and done

That speaks volumes to just how bad this QB class was. Or perhaps these experts need to find a new line of work.

LOL

He doesn't get it.  People with higher IQs are so far beyond the logic he uses, he doesn't understand.

It's why he, Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, etc, mock you, me and BB.  We're smarter than they are.

They don't like it.

father and son?

If you are taking a shot at me do it directly. I would be more than happy to address you directly.

My responses and posts stand for themselves.

Rusty and PCM...father and son..or the same person with Rusty using an alias?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty and PCM...father and son..or the same person with Rusty using an alias?

Why because I said that the Rich Cimini isn't a draft expert and doesn't represent the opinion of most draft experts?  If you actually read this board you would know that I am not Rusty based on the number of times I have questioned his TB bashing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Polian and Kiper also gave the 3 rokkies "best in class" ranking...

You can agree or disagree, I really dont care. I simply stated I would have loved the Pats to get either Milner or Richardson, but knowing the Pats would not be so bold, I would have certainly been thrilled with Trufant and Williams, which would have taken only minimal movement by the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Polian and Kiper also gave the 3 rokkies "best in class" ranking...

That isn't the same thing as them saying Richardson is the best DT prospect in this draft.

[QUOTE]

You can agree or disagree, I really dont care. I simply stated I would have loved the Pats to get either Milner or Richardson, but knowing the Pats would not be so bold, I would have certainly been thrilled with Trufant and Williams, which would have taken only minimal movement by the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

And I stated that getting Milliner or Richardson was  not feasible given the Pats available picks unless they wanted to mortgage future years.  They certainly could not have gotten one of them for a 3rd round pick only as you stated.  You can say now you like Trufant and Williams, but that is not what you were saying in the OP when you were criticizing the draft.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

most experts, other than Rusty had Milner the best CB, Richardson the best DT and Smith the best QB...I didnt expect the Pats to move up 15-20 spots

If I am the Pats, I move up 5 spots and grab Sly or Trufant...but thats me trying to get a playmaker on defense, and protect against the DL free agency and Talib most likely being one and done

That speaks volumes to just how bad this QB class was. Or perhaps these experts need to find a new line of work.

LOL

He doesn't get it.  People with higher IQs are so far beyond the logic he uses, he doesn't understand.

It's why he, Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, etc, mock you, me and BB.  We're smarter than they are.

They don't like it.

I refuse to believe jri37 has come anywhere close to being anal like you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

the depth is already on the team...the team needs difference makers at this point...

I will reserve judgement until camp, but I am betting that 3-4 of the picks dont make the team...and 1-2 of the picks are practice squad players.

Wow - so you were really happy with our current WRs (or were you one of the camp that expects Amendola to be on IR by week 4?) And you thought we were good to go with who ever would come in if Talib had yet another injury? And you though the speed we had at OLB was solid enough to cover tight ends and backs? And you didn't think we needed to get more pass rush?

OK - I guess you thought the Pats were one mid first round player from winning the SB last year. Me ... not so sure. I thought they needed more quality depth and some good young receivers. The depth thing really helps when starters go down and they always go down.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You're right. Sober analysis is essential so we don't kid ourselves.

Sober analysis like trading up 20 spots for only a 3rd rounder?  I'll have what both of you are having.

yes Rusty Jr, I understand they could not have made the move up to #9. My comment was I would have loved to see them move up to grab Miliner or Richardson, if they slipped to 20-25. Since they didnt, Trufant, Willias and Floyd would have been my next targets. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

the depth is already on the team...the team needs difference makers at this point...

I will reserve judgement until camp, but I am betting that 3-4 of the picks dont make the team...and 1-2 of the picks are practice squad players.

Wow - so you were really happy with our current WRs (or were you one of the camp that expects Amendola to be on IR by week 4?) And you thought we were good to go with who ever would come in if Talib had yet another injury? And you though the speed we had at OLB was solid enough to cover tight ends and backs? And you didn't think we needed to get more pass rush?

OK - I guess you thought the Pats were one mid first round player from winning the SB last year. Me ... not so sure. I thought they needed more quality depth and some good young receivers. The depth thing really helps when starters go down and they always go down.

not happy with the current WR's. But I dont think the 2 draft choices are the answer this year. Rookie WR's 95% of the time are not.

I question the ability of Collins to step in as a cover OLB..more of a rush OLB. Wold love to see the Pats report on Collins and when they drafted Cunningham, and see how they compare. Ditto Bequette.

I do think the Pats are 2-3 difference makers away from winning the SB. I wish they secured those 2-3 in free agency and the draft. They didnt...they got more depth and maybe's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Mia76,

rkarp is a jets fan. He always bashes the Pats picks stating the Jets always pick better players. He's been doing it for years. I just wish he would admit to being a Jets fan and stop pretending to be a Pats fan with Jets envy. Why he would envy the circus that is the Jets, I don't know but there you have it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Mia76,

rkarp is a jets fan. He always bashes the Pats picks stating the Jets always pick better players. He's been doing it for years. I just wish he would admit to being a Jets fan and stop pretending to be a Pats fan with Jets envy. Why he would envy the circus that is the Jets, I don't know but there you have it.

I'm tending to agree with this. Isn't it time for a " how did my giants do?" post from Big Al?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Mia76,

I am not bashing the Pats picks, only stating my opinion, and parroting others opinions that I have spoken with and read.

My thought is that the players the Pats picked are irrelevant. They traded down, which most of the time will result in choosing a player that is needing time and development, or is a question to even make the team. I prefered a philosophy (like last year) of using the first pick on a player that could step in now and be part of the rotation.

Perhaps Collins is that player. Many feel he is not. Perhaps Dobson is that player. Many feel he will need 2-3 years.

Miliner, Trufant, Hayden, Floyd, Williams, Richardson in the opinion of many are players that would be picked from 8-25 that the Pats had the potential to maneuver to grab.

I thought the DT position and CB position were the 2 positions the Pats most needed to address. I was not a fan of using a high choice for a WR. I am perfectly happy with the choices of Dobson and Boyce. I simply see the WR depth chart looking somethikng like this;

Amendola/Edelman/Jones/Stallworth/Dobson.

I see Boyce at this time on the PS.

NOt a Jets fan, although I do like some of their players. SUrely the Jets had an easier time of filling needs as they are so numerous. To say that many thought Miliner was the #1 cb available, Richardson the #1 DT available, and Smith the #1 QB available, is not being a Jet fan. It is simply some one listening to the draft "guru's" and repeating what they said.

Personally, I would have very much liked Miliner to be with the PAts. Ditto Richardson. They were the best players to fill what I percieve to be the Pats biggest holes. I was not a fan of Smith, but I would have no problem the PAts using a 4th on Barkley/Nassib and then trading Mallett for a #2 next years draft

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I truly do enjoy reading the back and forth debates on the quality of this year's draft (or on any of the other football issues).  Unfortuantely, when the debate deteiorates into personal attacks the thread loses a lot of the enoyment value.  And I really don't give a rat's patootie who starts it.

For the record:

Moving out the first round for the 4 picks the Pats got was classic BB and I liked the move.

I was surprised by the Collins pick but the more I learn about the kid the more I like the pick.

I think the Dobson pick is terrific and look forward to seeing how he and Brady connect

Wondering about the BB thing for Rutgers players but the Ryan pick looks really solid to me.

I'll leave the Harmon pick alone since I don't know enough about him to really comment.

The Boyce pick looks really solid to me.  Kid has size, speed and toughness by all accounts.

I think the Demps/Blount trade is fine.  Demps wasn't going to play much and Blount has demonstated NFL level talent.  If his attitude goes south so will he.

I don't realy know enough about the 7th rounders to offer anything.

That's how I see it.  Just opinions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Mia76,

I am not bashing the Pats picks, only stating my opinion, and parroting others opinions that I have spoken with and read.

My thought is that the players the Pats picked are irrelevant. They traded down, which most of the time will result in choosing a player that is needing time and development, or is a question to even make the team. I prefered a philosophy (like last year) of using the first pick on a player that could step in now and be part of the rotation.

Perhaps Collins is that player. Many feel he is not. Perhaps Dobson is that player. Many feel he will need 2-3 years.

Miliner, Trufant, Hayden, Floyd, Williams, Richardson in the opinion of many are players that would be picked from 8-25 that the Pats had the potential to maneuver to grab.

I thought the DT position and CB position were the 2 positions the Pats most needed to address. I was not a fan of using a high choice for a WR. I am perfectly happy with the choices of Dobson and Boyce. I simply see the WR depth chart looking somethikng like this;

NOt a Jets fan, although I do like some of their players. SUrely the Jets had an easier time of filling needs as they are so numerous. To say that many thought Miliner was the #1 cb available, Richardson the #1 DT available, and Smith the #1 QB available, is not being a Jet fan. It is simply some one listening to the draft "guru's" and repeating what they said.

Personally, I would have very much liked Miliner to be with the PAts. Ditto Richardson. They were the best players to fill what I percieve to be the Pats biggest holes. I was not a fan of Smith, but I would have no problem the PAts using a 4th on Barkley/Nassib and then trading Mallett for a #2 next years draft

Rkarp1, the pat's were not going to trade up in this years draft. Last year the draft had much better talent in the 1st round so they identified their needs and acted accordingly. They also did not have the capital to get to the positions you were advocating for without leaving themselves thin with picks.

To be fair the same pundits who said that Richardson, Miliner and Smith were at the top od their positions (agree with richardson) also said that the talent level of the overall draft was weak.

thats your opinion and that is fine. I didnt even call you a Jets fan.

I simply disagree. The Pats certainly had the capital to grab Williams or Trufant, and most likely Floyd.

I see Lovie, Deadrick as free agents after next year, and I see Vince and Kelly both 31 years old with body types that wear down. I saw the DT position as need #1.

I also see Talib as one and done. I see #1 CB as a huge need, and dont see Dennerd, Arrington or Ryan as a potential #1 CB

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love that we're holding the Jests up as the benchmark of drafting genius... they haven't been right about anything in forever.  This is the team that just let Tim Tebow go...

Millner is an injury waiting to happen, somebody compared him to Talib, he's not Talib he is Ras Dowling.

Sheldon Richardson was a reach of major proportions, even the meatball talking heads on espn kind of shook their heads at that one.  Both he and Shariff Floyd were not only we're undersized and an ill fit for the 3/4, but there were better tackles available when the Pats picked in the 2nd round.  

Don't use the Jets as an example of anything please, unless it's an example of what not to do.  Rkarp your name has become synonymous with negative threads and posts that's why you have to give a disclaimer in the title of your threads.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Mia76,

Rkarp1, the pat's were not going to trade up in this years draft. Last year the draft had much better talent in the 1st round so they identified their needs and acted accordingly. They also did not have the capital to get to the positions you were advocating for without leaving themselves thin with picks.

To be fair the same pundits who said that Richardson, Miliner and Smith were at the top od their positions (agree with richardson) also said that the talent level of the overall draft was weak.

thats your opinion and that is fine. I didnt even call you a Jets fan.

No worries people have called me worse.

I simply disagree. The Pats certainly had the capital to grab Williams or Trufant, and most likely Floyd.

As I stated they would have left themselves extremely thin for the rest of the draft.  The draft talent this year did not warrant that kind of manuevering... as always it is just my opinion.

I see Lovie, Deadrick as free agents after next year, and I see Vince and Kelly both 31 years old with body types that wear down. I saw the DT position as need #1.

This I don't dispute. DT is going to be a big need down the road. I hate to sound like a homer but I can't imagine they don't have a plan going forward for this issue.

I also see Talib as one and done. I see #1 CB as a huge need, and dont see Dennerd, Arrington or Ryan as a potential #1 CB

I like you think Talib is here from only one year. It will be interesting to see if Dennard can develop into a #1 this year and dare I say if Ras-I can stay on the field and be a contributor. I would assume next year they will fill the CB position in free agency and Draft a CB relatively high (1st/2nd Round)

we seem to be agreeing, but excuse me for saying you are talking out of both sides of your mouth...

on the one hand you are saying it is a weak draft, and the talent is thin, yet the Pats acrued more picks in those rounds, where as in other drafts, those players could be 5th and later picks.

You dont sound like a homer, but what plan could they have for next years DT situation? 1)Resign the current guys, and Vince and Kelly are a year older. 2) spend in free agency (never!) 3) draft some one (hopefully in the last spot in round 1 after winning the SB)

This was a deep DT draft, and this was the year to grab a DT (just ask WOZZY)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

yes Rusty Jr, I understand they could not have made the move up to #9. My comment was I would have loved to see them move up to grab Miliner or Richardson, if they slipped to 20-25.

That is now what you said in your OP.  I guess I was wrong for reading what you actually wrote.  LMAO.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

yes Rusty Jr, I understand they could not have made the move up to #9. My comment was I would have loved to see them move up to grab Miliner or Richardson, if they slipped to 20-25.

That is now what you said in your OP.  I guess I was wrong for reading what you actually wrote.  LMAO.

you know, Rusty follows me around like a little poodle hanging on every word I say...so do you...strange. Same guy you and Rusty?

Sections
Shortcuts