This is NOT the end of the season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This is NOT the end of the season.

ok Welker is gone.  However I believe we still have a top offense out there when they spread the ball the way they did today. 

We have 4 capable RBs in Taylor, Maroney, Morris, Faulk.  Faulk will of course help on the receiving end to make up for Welker.

At wide receiver, we still have Randy Moss.  I expect him to play the way he played vs. Atlanta.  Similar to how David Givens was used here back in 2004.  The great part is, Moss is a lot better and far more explosive.

Edelman will give u 70% of what Welker can do. 

On defense, I might be in the minority but I believe this defense with Wilfork and Warren back will shock people.  Both of them will shut down the run game. Tully and the re-energized Burgess will handle blitzing on 3rd downs in that crazy formation of 5 LBs and 6 DBs. Don't look now, but Adalius has stepped it up.  I dont expect much from him, but he has stepped his game up slightly. 

In the secondary:  Meriweather and Sanders are a great combination of play making and hard hits.  With McGowan and Chung subbing in and out. 

Springs and Bodden will start as our main CBs with Wilhite as 3rd CB and Butler #4. Many of you are down on this combination, but I believe they have played well when use this combination.  Id like to see Butler taking  kick returns.

my point is we still have a great team and I am still very excited for next Sunday and beyond.  However the second half meltdowns need to go and I believe the return of Fred Taylor and Morris will help kill the clock on the ground.

GO NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Super Bowl Championship and nothing less.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: This is NOT the end of the season.

Let the bandwagon fans jump off. They don't know crap anyway. BB wasn't going to provide anything new for the ravens to study today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

The favorites have some bad coaches or major holes, we can still win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The offense is sickly thin at WR and Givens was not getting doubled like Moss does.  We will see a heavy dose of Edelman this weekend.  I just hope they start to spread the ball around to the TE's. 

As far as the defense, as long as they face a good/great QB they are going to get smoked.  Its a proven fact in 2009.  I also would rather go with Butler at #3.  Wilhite has been terrible this year.

I like the Springs and Bodden combo and hope to see Brady get back to spreading the ball around the field.  But the 2nd half offense just shuts down.  I dont expect them to score 21pts in the 2nd half, but when a team starts to come back and cut into the lead then the offense should be able to step up and score.

As much as I hate to admit it, Im losing faith in our comeback kid.  I used to have no doubt that TB would bring this team back from being down in the 4th and now I would be surprised if he did it.

But as much as it seems that I am criticizing this team I will remain faithful.  I have been for the past 17yrs.  So with that said......

GO Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

remember guys, this is our rebuilding year!

damn it feels good to be a Patriot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from G0Pats. Show G0Pats's posts

If the Pats are going to spread the ball around including the Tight Ends, Ben Watson needs to learn to start catching the ball and quit dropping catchable passes so frequently. He is an athletic freak of nature but his receiving skills are something to be desired for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

but you also have to add the relentless pass rush that these better teams with great defenses will bring.which means the te,s may be tied up in helping the pass protection.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from G0Pats. Show G0Pats's posts

MossEffect43, if that ends up being the case then I see a lot of quick outs and bubble screens, which is where Edelman and Faulk come into play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Fred Taylor + Edelman > Welker.  Welker was great but that injury was waiting to happen, the knee had to be weak before that play.

Jets should roll over Cincy and as long as Sanchez isn't allowed to pass they will beat Indy

They can't beat us in Foxborough.  We stop the run, which the Colts can't.

We probably beat the Ravens, that leaves a gap, The San Diego Canyon, which we must cross to host the Jets in the Champiosnhip game.  we should be able to play better than we did the at New Orleans with springs,  I'll say we win 23-20 in that one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think its time for the Ben Watson/Chris Baker show.  Baker was a pretty good receiver for the Jets, I think we come out with two tight end sets, let em guess if its run or pass.  Stanback should also be ready to step up, as well as Edelman.  Heck, put Kevin Faulk in the slot if you have to.  give the other guys someone a bit scary, and if Im the other team, and i have watched the film, Faulk is one of the scariest guys out there.  I like the Wilfork/Warren return to renergize the d, and with bodden, springs, sanders, and merriweather out there we are ok.  Still wish we had Wes, but not dead yet. Laying an egg like yesterday makes you feel worse than you should.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Also a effective running attack might counter some of the blitzes. Would be great to see a handoff go for a long TD as the running back slips by the blitz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am not paniced by the loss of Welker but without him it is going to mean the defense has to play at peak to compensate with Faulk and Edelman replacing most of Welkers stats. S.D. Has a dolt for a coach, Indy just looks beatable and I can't see us losing to Baltimore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

i think this is the time where BB needs to show his geniusnes, we gotta mix it up! Now that we are under pressure the coaches need to come up big time, as said before me put 2 TE's make em wonder and this is a test for the whole team! now we just gotta prove we can do it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I did not agree with the starters playing yesterday, but I still have hope for the Playoffs.

Go Pats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Playing the starters should not be a debate.  They are paid to play 16 games.  Welker could have gotten hurt slipping on ice on the way into the stadium.  Injuries are part of the game.  It is why the Patriots have so many players who play multiple positions.  When someone goes down, someone else steps up.  I think the loss of Welker will hurt, but at the same time, it might help.  Teams will not know how to defense the Patriots.  The old plan to stop Welker and Moss is out the door.  Who do you stop now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Dave I agree with you, we need the TEs to come up big.  Neighther is as quick as welker or have the hands but Baker was a good catching TE.  He needs to step up but for that we need playcalling to change and get more balanced.

I think we still have a team that will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1262959. Show user_1262959's posts

It was gpoing to be an uphill climb anyway, although I thought they had an oputside shot to get it done.  Now they are toast.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Agreed, this season is not over. Part one is done, the regular season. Part two, the playoff are just starting.  Part one is all about survival, grinding, gridlock, and mental toughness. Part two is all about survival, great plays, luck, and tuck.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

guys every team is missing key players. 

colts are missing bob sanders and marlin jackson
    san diego is missing jamal williams

idk if baltimore has anyone missing, but ed reed is beat up. 

its football, play through it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Of course the season's not over. The NFL ends the season with the SB, silly.

Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

It all depends on if they decide to rally or give up. Let's hope they take the Wes didn't do it for nothing approach. Coaches will have to game plan better and adjust better. Player's will have to execute better than they have all year. We need to prove that we are better at doing what we do than they are at stopping. We need an ATTITUDE!!! That along with a little luck. That's what usually decides the champion every year. Get ready for the double and triple on Moss,heavy blitzing,and eight in the box on the running play's. We can see them coming from the couch. This is as much about will and Oline as it is the play called though. Opposing QB's will be picking on the back half of our D. The rest of the league can see our cards. WE DO !! Till we prove we can punch our way out of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Let the bandwagon fans jump off. They don't know crap anyway." No doubt! 

The loss of Welker hurts, most of all for his own loss as someone who has invested so much in the Pats the last few years. 

But I can offer this spin on the playoffs: now, nobody will give the Pats a chance (except to beat the Ravens). Being a true underdog is not the worst way to go into the playoffs. In fact it's much easier to play as the loose underdog than the heavy favorite. No, odds are against the Pats going far in the playoffs, but winning a few games in a row is far from impossible - IF the teams finds a way to band together over this. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phluff17. Show phluff17's posts

"Jets should roll over Cincy and as long as Sanchez isn't allowed to pass they will beat Indy

They can't beat us in Foxborough.  We stop the run, which the Colts can't.

We probably beat the Ravens, that leaves a gap, The San Diego Canyon, which we must cross to host the Jets in the Champiosnhip game.  we should be able to play better than we did the at New Orleans with springs,  I'll say we win 23-20 in that one."

you say that so matter of factly...I hope you're right, but I have a feeling it's not really gonna work out the way you drew it up...

I still think they will squeak out a win against the Ravens, but even if they do, they will be BEAT UP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

its the playoffs people. keep your heads up.  this is what we watch for.  NFL is all about match ups and we still plenty of guys who give us a great advantage. 

on offense we need to use Watson more.