THIS IS ON FAULK!!! BEL DID HIS JOB!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

THIS IS ON FAULK!!! BEL DID HIS JOB!!!

dont giv me this weak kool aid about bel losing the game. thats how he coaches. he wanted the win. and he wants to be the ultimate decider on winning and losing. when it works he's a genius, when it doesnt he's now an idiot? players execute. they did not. thats on them! if faulk catches the freakin ball cleanly, the game is OVER! colts have to use their final timeout and after 3 straight runs by pats, could punt with under 30 secs left. hope bel makes the exact same call again against the saints and elsewhere. it is what we do!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!!!

In Response to THIS IS ON FAULK!!!!:
    dont giv me this weak kool aid about bel losing the game. thats how he coaches. he wanted the win. and he wants to be the ultimate decider on winning and losing. when it works he's a genius, when it doesnt he's now an idiot? players execute. they did not. thats on them! if faulk catches the freakin ball cleanly, the game is OVER! colts have to use their final timeout and after 3 straight runs by pats, could punt with under 30 secs left. hope bel makes the exact same call again against the saints and elsewhere. it is what we do!
    Posted by choircontrarian

So I've been thinking, and I just want to point out that the last big loss to the Colts in the playoffs we were trying to "just survive" by winding down the clock then too.  If you play "not to lose" as opposed "to win", you often lose against the good teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In Response to THIS IS ON FAULK!!!!:
    [QUOTE]dont giv me this weak kool aid about bel losing the game. thats how he coaches. he wanted the win. and he wants to be the ultimate decider on winning and losing. when it works he's a genius, when it doesnt he's now an idiot? players execute. they did not. thats on them! if faulk catches the freakin ball cleanly, the game is OVER! colts have to use their final timeout and after 3 straight runs by pats, could punt with under 30 secs left. hope bel makes the exact same call again against the saints and elsewhere. it is what we do!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUO

Amen.  You're a voice of reason.  Even with Faulk's momentary juggling act, he still had the 1st down. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from philpaul07. Show philpaul07's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!!!:
    In Response to THIS IS ON FAULK!!!! :
    dont giv me this weak kool aid about bel losing the game. thats how he coaches. he wanted the win. and he wants to be the ultimate decider on winning and losing. when it works he's a genius, when it doesnt he's now an idiot? players execute. they did not. thats on them! if faulk catches the freakin ball cleanly, the game is OVER! colts have to use their final timeout and after 3 straight runs by pats, could punt with under 30 secs left. hope bel makes the exact same call again against the saints and elsewhere. it is what we do! Posted by choircontrarian[/QUO Amen.  You're a voice of reason.  Even with Faulk's momentary juggling act, he still had the 1st down. 
    Posted by ET27

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

His decision to cut his route off at the line as opposed to going a yard or Two beyond is puzzling.  So I would agree that he is a reason why we lost but Maroney's fumble on the goal line cost us the game and should get cut and replaced by LJ.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from philpaul07. Show philpaul07's posts

You idiot! It should never never never have gotten to that point. Going for the first down from where they were on the field, and previously using all of their timeouts, was horrible, terrible coaching! If you've got even half a brain then try to concentrate on some of tomorrow's sports shows and watch what the consensus will be ... which, I can guarantee, will be that Belichek made a horribly poor decision ... and it cost us the game. The only thing I could compare this too would be ... Grady Little leaving Martinez in to lose the playoff game against the Yankees several years ago.  You were probably taking vocabulary lessons at the time and probably missed that one.  You are an idiot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!!! :    You idiot! It should never never never have gotten to that point. Going for the first down from where they were on the field, and previously using all of their timeouts, was horrible, terrible coaching! If you've got even half a brain then try to concentrate on some of tomorrow's sports shows and watch what the consensus will be ... which, I can guarantee, will be that Belichek made a horribly poor decision ... and it cost us the game. The only thing I could compare this too would be ... Grady Little leaving Martinez in to lose the playoff game against the Yankees several years ago.  You were probably taking vocabulary lessons at the time and probably missed that one.  You are an idiot!
    Posted by philpaul07
    so what? because u fairweather idiot fans want to form a CHOIR, doesnt make you right! again, thats how bel coaches. he became a "genius" doing things that way. if u are gonna celebrate those 3 rings and 4 SB appearances, shut up about being such a horrible call. if this were one of the other mostly idiotic 31 coaches, yep that would be a bad call, for its not usual for their makeup and how they've coached up their playas. thats how we coach, how we play. i take bel when it works, i take him when it doesnt. he will do it again and SHOULD! all of u idiots now ragging on him, were u not drinking the freakin kool-aid when he did the EXACT thing versus Atlanta? how about when he did the safety versus denver in denver when we came from behind and won with under 30 secs left? so shut up with your infantile nonsense, you fairweather morons, sometimes stufff happens! 

let colt fans call him names and rejoice as if the SB is played in November... it is time to stand by your team and grasp the logic and philosophy behind the leaders whose laps most of u cant get your heads out of! we will be far betta off because of this day come playoff time! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!! BEL DID HIS JOB!!!

dont kill the guy..so he makes a horrible call..give me one nfl head coach that hasnt. this guys "horrible coaching" has got us 3 rings..darn..wat a jerk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

dont giv me this weak kool aid about bel losing the game. thats how he coaches. he wanted the win. and he wants to be the ultimate decider on winning and losing. when it works he's a genius, when it doesnt he's now an idiot? players execute. they did not. thats on them! if faulk catches the freakin ball cleanly, the game is OVER! colts have to use their final timeout and after 3 straight runs by pats, could punt with under 30 secs left. hope bel makes the exact same call again against the saints and elsewhere. it is what we do! Posted by choircontrarian[/QUO Amen.  You're a voice of reason.  Even with Faulk's momentary juggling act, he still had the 1st down. 

I totally agree with your last statement. I kept rewinding. He clearly had the ball under control before his foot first landed. At that point the ball was clearly on the first down side of the line. He then got pushed back. 

I also agree with the call. Manning had just completed two quick drives. BB trusted his offense against the Colts defense more than his defense against the Colts offense.I saw someone say in another thread that they lost their killer instinct. I think BB showed killer instinct there. It just did not work out.

Last point: I am starting to wonder if refs just don't like refereeing tough playoff games in the cold Gillette stadium. I can't believe how many calls go in favor of the Colts at the Pats' expense. This has been going on even before everyone started hating the Pats.

Posted by ET27

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

give me a break... bel is 80% on ALL fourth downs for his career in NE! league average on 4th and 2s is 60%. let's not forget, the play WORKED! it was a perfect call with perfect throw. look at where his foot was in terms of forward progress.. it was FIRST DOWN, even with the juggle. if the play required brady to throw it deep to a double-covered moss or called for a well-defensed reverse or something blatantly dumb, all u monday morning second guessers would have a point? great call, great execution, BAD ref call!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

He can stick his 3 rings up his A*S 4 all I care, right now the D fence stinks AND WHITH OUT A  CONSTENT PASS RUSH, (THAT MEANS 2 GUYS THAT GET 10 OR MORE SACKS A YEAR) WE WILL NEVER WIN A SB AGAIN.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

10-6, knocked out of the 1st rd of the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

it was a ballsy call.  The pats got a horrible spot on the ball

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Faulk did a good job. Indy played it well with the defense pressing hard at the sticks. BB should have punted. I know why he did what he did. It wasn't totally baseless, but I think his odds would have been better punting.  Still, the two long scoring drives earlier in the quarter are what won the game. The Pats were on the ropes for the whole fourth quarter. And the Pats still are struggling in the red zone.  There were a lot of good things for the Pats in this game, but there will still enough bad things beyond "the call" that made it tough for the Pats to win.  A six point lead in the last 5 minutes is not where you want to be with the Colts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by ET27

Uhh, how do you call him the voice of reason and then contradict him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!!! :    You idiot! It should never never never have gotten to that point. Going for the first down from where they were on the field, and previously using all of their timeouts, was horrible, terrible coaching! If you've got even half a brain then try to concentrate on some of tomorrow's sports shows and watch what the consensus will be ... which, I can guarantee, will be that Belichek made a horribly poor decision ... and it cost us the game. The only thing I could compare this too would be ... Grady Little leaving Martinez in to lose the playoff game against the Yankees several years ago.  You were probably taking vocabulary lessons at the time and probably missed that one.  You are an idiot!
    Posted by philpaul07

I think Belichick called one of the timeouts. I may be wrong, but didn't Welker and Brady call the other two? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: THIS IS ON FAULK!!! BEL DID HIS JOB!!!:
    Faulk did a good job. Indy played it well with the defense pressing hard at the sticks. BB should have punted. I know why he did what he did. It wasn't totally baseless, but I think his odds would have been better punting.  Still, the two long scoring drives earlier in the quarter are what won the game. The Pats were on the ropes for the whole fourth quarter. And the Pats still are struggling in the red zone.  There were a lot of good things for the Pats in this game, but there will still enough bad things beyond "the call" that made it tough for the Pats to win.  A six point lead in the last 5 minutes is not where you want to be with the Colts.
    Posted by soloflyfisher

Out of all these posts on this thread....this^^^^^is the most accurate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtroth. Show jtroth's posts

It's on the refs. What a bad call. Faulk had the first down, and conveniently for the Colts the refs couldn't review it because it wasn't under 2 minutes left in the game and the Pats didn't have any challenges left. In a game like this, that play NEEDS to be reviewed and overturned as it should have been. Faulk made a good catch under pressure from the defensive player. It was a first down, period!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Are you guys kidiiding me with all your negativity? This is how our coach coaches. This is why he is the greatest. If he coached like everyone else, went with the same percentages, he would be like one of the many other average coaches out there. Who cares if "most" would do A and B, fact is he is the coach, not us or the doomsayers. Live with it, get on board with his approach. Perhaps some of his players should do the same thing, rather being shocked when he unflinchingly goes for it in that situation. That's what he does. They are Belichickians and should know their privileged role. He never blinked about making that call or going for it. There was no doubt on third down, that he was going for it on fourth if he did not make it. Perhaps he should just have communicated that to Tom in the first place and have the boys be ready for the next play without the TO. All over the league, these other teams will have to realy defend us to do anything in any situation anywhere on the field. If the defense was not so hurt and depleted, perhaps he would make a different situation. Bottom line, it is what it is... LIVE WITH IT!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Folks, one game does not a season make! One bad call in what I thought was over all a great game. We have plenty of time left and have the lead in our div....what am I missing, we will see these boys again, just like the jets this week end. No worries......we are more than in this thing

Let's all just take a deep one and relax

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

I respect Bill even more for going for it.........how many coaches would?

Sections
Shortcuts